• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
My educated (hrm) guess is that means 5* CoD doesnt have Ability slots so its for other units (6* has 4 slots) and then there are better TMs to use to those slots.

In some places CoD is google translated as Spider.
For example: Everyone's score against the spider of darkness

I actually like Spider of Darkness Abbie more.

Yeah. I gladly wait it :). I just have so much better TMs than CoD (only 1 CoD btw). As Iam doing everything manually I need to think what I want to farm.

I know Iam now talking about JP CoD and well its JP numbers.
If you want to see more about CoD as unit: Altema has info about CoD. Use google translate, so you get grasp of it.

^^ Google translate so sorry about text :p

tl;dr Auto-Limit increases 5% of LB bar every turn. Has to be long dungeon (or in explorations) where it can be used. But then again, you could slap better ability to unit than A-L.

5% might be enough to edge units to using a LB 100% of my TM runs of earth shrine

Plus in long engagements it could be a great ability to slap on a Cecil but i see it as more a great time saver for LB farming

Valentus

Remember kids. You need around of $380 to get a lightning , So dont hate your futures lanis and penelo in the process of getting one.

Lani, penelo and Fran are your fríends, not your enemies.

Rixa

5% might be enough to edge units to using a LB 100% of my TM runs of earth shrine

Plus in long engagements it could be a great ability to slap on a Cecil but i see it as more a great time saver for LB farming

Yeah in LB farming it is better obviously. Iam not insane enough to farm LBs :).

Yeah in LB farming it is better obviously. Iam not insane enough to farm LBs :).

Heres some data

While TM farming and not even trying to LB farm at the same time i hit level 2 for multiple units

Now we optimize. If i slap on auto limit and make a macro that forces single target for each enemy...

Boom! I mean if you are gonna grind cecil to 100% for excalibur there is no reason not to to be farming LB as well.

bonkeng

You really don't need CoD's TM for farming Cecil's LB. I maxed his LB without it.

But there might be some other use for it.

You really don't need CoD's TM for farming Cecil's LB. I maxed his LB without it.

But there might be some other use for it.

As i posted above im basing its predicted utility in easy farming based on my own experiences

Earth shrine exit has just enough enemies and makes enough LB crystals. Using single target and auto limit should stack the odds in my favor to make LB farming painless for any unit i want

Rixa

Heres some data

While TM farming and not even trying to LB farm at the same time i hit level 2 for multiple units

Now we optimize. If i slap on auto limit and make a macro that forces single target for each enemy...

Boom! I mean if you are gonna grind cecil to 100% for excalibur there is no reason not to to be farming LB as well.

Yes, I know that in ES Exit my Chorizo or someone else can do LB.

But.

As Iam doing it manually. Time is the essence for me, so I rather run ES Entrance than Exit. And not all of those units I TM farm end up being used as in party (first run I had 4x Shantotto for example).

This 2nd round I have units that can be in party, or not.
- Kefka
- Terra
- Cecil (4*, my 2nd, sadly I pulled it as 4*)
- Lenna
- Chorizo

Depending what I pull during TM farming I might switch some unit away (Ludmille is instant in and Chorizo out).

Oh i get that

Just arguing that Auto Limit could be legitimately awesome for certain things

Though I imagine LB farming being the best but this whole thing falls apart for anyone thats not macroing...

bonkeng

Oh i get that

Just arguing that Auto Limit could be legitimately awesome for certain things

Though I imagine LB farming being the best but this whole thing falls apart for anyone thats not macroing...

Yeah, it might be specially useful with Cecil. That 1 extra crystal might be the deciding factor in a very difficult fight.

c-murph

Lightning was the main character of the worst FF games ever they should have made the character crap just because. Jag

For such a shitty character I don't understand how she's always God tier in everything SE puts her in. What gives? Do people actually like Lightning as a favorite character and I'm total ignorant to the fact that she's actually the most popular FF characters of all time?

For such a shitty character I don't understand how she's always God tier in everything SE puts her in. What gives? Do people actually like Lightning as a favorite character and I'm total ignorant to the fact that she's actually the most popular FF characters of all time?

Nope

Probably my least favorite protagonist in FF ever

Oh well :/

kswiston

She was #1 on a female character poll in Japan 2-3 years ago.

Ahhhhh... I see... I'll never understand the Japanese.

Unless of course there's the Japanese equivalent of 4chan rigging all the votes for lulz.

Maybe everything about FF13 was better received. I mean at least the voice acting might have appeared more natural...

But the writing... The writing and story... Like the best parts of the story and world building were tucked away in the data logs

You will be able to bath in the tears

Im gonna burn my 7 tickets in the hopes of scoring some Ludmille and Charlotte

Saving my 11 pull for FFT

RedZaraki

Banned

She's one of the director's pet character. They try to force feed us characters like Hope and Lightning for some strange reason. Why doesn't an ACTUAL cool character, like Balthier, get his own trilogy of games?

A Trilogy. Really. REALLY?

So weird.

CCIE

Banned
I always liked Lightning, but then I'm a girl. I thought her character design was awesome, as opposed to some of the metrosexual men designs they keep coming up with

H3xum

Are people going to be spending their quartz at the new vendor or is it worth holding onto them for future shops?

Using this list as a reference, short of the cat ear hood thingy and the spear, I can't see much of anything better than the earings. Even the black belt with a 30% chance to counter seems nice for a Cecil.

Razmos

She's one of the director's pet character. They try to force feed us characters like Hope and Lightning for some strange reason. Why doesn't an ACTUAL cool character, like Balthier, get his own trilogy of games?

A Trilogy. Really. REALLY?

So weird.
XIII was an ensemble cast and XIII-2 focused on Serah and Noel with Lightning in a supporting role.

The only game that focused on Lightning was Lightning Returns.

So much hyperbole regarding her, it's cool to hate her so everyone does, but she's not a bad character and she definitely isn't shoved down people's throats

RedZaraki

Banned
I always liked Lightning, but then I'm a girl. I thought her character design was awesome, as opposed to some of the metrosexual men designs they keep coming up with

Her character design is fine. The problem is that the world she's from isn't fleshed out and the story is confusing and poorly shown.If the graphics of the game weren't great, if you mapped that game down to some 2-d RPG, it would be a terribly straightforward and simple game. Like Mystic Quest levels of linearity.

Razmos

Its not hyperbole and not "cool" to hate Lightning

Legitmate dislike of her character is well fleshed out and has been for years

Honestly its not so much Lightning herself (well it kind of is) but how her dialogue was written and delivered and the stupid world and story that surrounded her

Damn shame because her design and animation are actually quite good

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Thanks all :)

While I surely won't have any concrete news after the event, at least I'll probably have a good idea if I have a fighting chance or not.

And of course, on the way out the FFBE door, I did **not** totally realize that I miscounted my lumber, was 20 short, and marched right back into ES to correct that issue. Nope, not at all. Priorities, and all that.

Cue Shintoki: You could have just macro'd that... lol

Ok, seriously out of here for the night this time.

You should have macro'd that response

Eidjinn

Question: how calculations are done when it comes to attack?

How can a character reach almost a 1000 of attack?

It's something like "base attack+hero ring+barrage+dual wield"?

scarlet

Have to donate blood the same time the maintenance is done. Gonna be late to the party. Will share my tears with you later guys.

XIII was an ensemble cast and XIII-2 focused on Serah and Noel with Lightning in a supporting role.

The only game that focused on Lightning was Lightning Returns.

So much hyperbole regarding her, it's cool to hate her so everyone does, but she's not a bad character and she definitely isn't shoved down people's throats

Lightning was a victim of her own game. FFXIII was a horribly written, jumbled, fumbled, hallway of a mess and Lightning was at its centre. There was hope (HA) that she was going to be different, the creators and marketing materials played up the fact that she was very much an antihero, a darker protagonist who has a steak of selfishness to her.

We got a bland, lifeless character who lead a cast of forgettable characters.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. I didn't know if you combine / enhance units you get combined TM%! Is that right?

2. Pretty sure I'm getting Lightning today, though I have to agree with the thread that she's the worst female lead / co-lead in the series. Terra, Yuna, Aeris, all of the others, Tifa, Rikku, and then Lightning.

3. Now that I've finished what we can of the mainline story (I know more is coming after maintenance), I've started in on grabbing available espers and leveling them up. Any good advice / guidance here?

creid

3. Now that I've finished what we can of the mainline story (I know more is coming after maintenance), I've started in on grabbing available espers and leveling them up. Any good advice / guidance here?
Start with Ifrit for your physical DPS, Golem for your tank (if you have one), Ramuh for your caster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom