• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
I'll hope to pull Dark Fina another day... I cannot pull on this banner, because I just don't have the lapis to do it, and as someone else said, the rest of the banner isn't worth it

Shouta

Is it just me or is Dark Finas TM pretty OP for Mages ? Shit now i kinda want her. Thats +50% Mag :eek:

It's very powerful. It's the best TM for Magic Attack in fact. Ultima and Dystopia after enhancements are pretty great.

Meta is all elemental chaining but the devs like throwing curveballs where physical damage is no bueno. The FF3 event recently was focused purely on magic and the Apollon Harp is a magic boss as well.

Whales

Banned
So I just met my first Lightning that had 100% evasion rate in the arena.

Jesus christ, why are some people such dicks?

tariniel

Is there a need to have more than 1 doublehand TM? I have 5 Bartz and want to throw them all into the same group then fuse them to get the TM quick.

Also recently completed Dual Cast and 1 Bracer, another Bracer, Excalibur and MAG+30% at 90%+.

Is there a need to have more than 1 doublehand TM? I have 5 Bartz and want to throw them all into the same group then fuse them to get the TM quick.

Also recently completed Dual Cast and 1 Bracer, another Bracer, Excalibur and MAG+30% at 90%+.

All depends on how many Dual Wields you have. DW is superior by if one doesn't have DW then DH is the next best thing.

Kouriozan

So I just met my first Lightning that had 100% evasion rate in the arena.

Jesus christ, why are some people such dicks?

Same, 3rd fight today where someone had super high evasion, seems like the Arena meta switched again from Golem Staff -> Fire/Blizzard Flask -> 80%+ evasion.
Now I'm glad I have 2 fully leveled Exdeath.

Quonny

I think... our community just gained a monster.

In 2 months this guy will be giving tips and tricks! XD

(awesome pics!)

fMb7IMh.jpg

felt the need

the need for speed
y rerolls

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
So how do Trust Masteries work? If it's an item you get the item for anyone and if it's an ability you get it only for that character?

I ask because I just pulled Zidane and it looks like people were talking about him and Dual Wield on reddit, trying to pull him, but the wiki says he's rubbish outside of stealing.

Edit: After reading a bunch of "never fuse Zidane!" posts I imagine it unlocks Dual Wield as an ability that can be equipped by another unit?

So how do Trust Masteries work? If it's an item you get the item for anyone and if it's an ability you get it only for that character?

I ask because I just pulled Zidane and it looks like people were talking about him and Dual Wield on reddit, trying to pull him, but the wiki says he's rubbish outside of stealing.

Here, take some salt.

Yeah, Zidane is useful only for his TM.....which basically turns any character OP. 10000 stamina later and yes, it'll be an ability you can give it to any character. Congrats!

Basically, with every battle you fight, whether it be via a story mission or in the vortex, you have a 10% chance of your unit gaining 0.1% towards their trust mastery reward. The rewards can be amazing, like dual wield (which allows you to wield two weapons, one in each hand). Others are weapons, some are materia, and others are spells, but all of them can be used on any unit once they are obtained. Like everything else in the game, the rewards range from worthless to game changing.

But as you can see, if you have a 10% chance to raise your TM each fight, and even if it does go up, it's only by 0.1%, the grind to get to 100% is a very long one. Most people do it by loading up a team of just the units with TMs you want, and repeatedly run the very first level of the Earth Shrine, which only takes 1 NRG. Rinse repeat 1,000's of times, and you will eventually get a TM. There might be some lunatics out there that do this whole process manually, but most use macros on their PCs or using something called "switch control" on their iOS based phones that automates the battles.

There are some other tricks to it (like if you fuse two of the same units, you carry over the TM percentage), but that's the general gist. This is all "meta game" stuff, meaning you won't really need to grind out TMs until you are further along and have most of your units fully maxed.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. Everyone love the extra time to focus on TM'ing and crossing off non-event items on your list? I DO! I've been working my way through the back end of the Olderion quests (Mercedes was SO GOOD in the story btw) and TM'ing. So much fun. Also I'm getting a bunch of lapis for this and banking it all.

2. Speaking of banks, I have 19 tickets saved up, and not a banner to spend them on in sight. It's here I humblebrag about getting Chizuru and Noctis both on the last banner and having the privelege of not needing to pull on a banner for no reason.

3. Someone please tell me where to get Calamity Gems. Please tell me they exist somewhere outside of events, because they're sure as hell not available in the Awakening Vortex or in Story mode or anywhere else. I've had a lvl 80 Chizuru waiting for 2 weeks now.

I'll hope to pull Dark Fina another day... I cannot pull on this banner, because I just don't have the lapis to do it, and as someone else said, the rest of the banner isn't worth it

4. New users, please observe this post. This is the correct way to think about banners. Do you want or need the majority of the units on the banner or are you only pulling for the OP 6* unit? If the latter, you're making a mistake pulling on the banner.

Can anyone post the event for us at work? I saw who's in the banner but curious about the event. Please and thank you!

As others have said, Dark Fina is a beast but it's a physical DPS world so not worth pulling for with a weak banner. Especially since I have ExDeath. One can always hope to get her when pulling on a more worthy banner.

Congrats on Zidane! One of the most coveted units in the game because his TM is tops and you can equip any TM on any unit unless it's a weapon type they can't equip or a magic they don't have access to. Zidane does suck as a unit but the TM is amazing so everyone wants multiple of him.

tariniel

All depends on how many Dual Wields you have. DW is superior by if one doesn't have DW then DH is the next best thing.

I have 1 DW done on Chiz, and 3 more Zidanes that I can start working on. I heard somewhere that Garland is better with doublehand than a DW? If DW is always better then I'll just ignore Bartz and work on Zidanes instead.

970 pulls later...

I think I'm good? I dunno. Tier list has him high and that's probably good enough for me.

Luneth is DPS. Plus, inherent Dual Wield. So yeah, I'd say you're good. Who else did you pull? The guy with Noctis, Agrias, and Exdeath is probably the only better outcome you could ever even achieve.

Quonny

Luneth is DPS. Plus, inherent Dual Wield. So yeah, I'd say you're good. Who else did you pull? The guy with Noctis, Agrias, and Exdeath is probably the only better outcome you could ever even achieve.

4* Firion
3* Ludmille
3* Krile
3* Roselia
3* Terra
3* Locke
3* Celes (FFVI up in hurr)
3* Butts
3* Lani
3* Fran

So it seems like a bunch of meh according to lists, but I know nothing about this game.

CCIE

Banned
4* Firion
3* Ludmille
3* Krile
3* Roselia
3* Terra
3* Locke
3* Butts
3* Lani
3* Fran

Firion, Luneth, Bartz, and Roselia is a truly great start... some good TM units to work with as well. Definitely good to go

4* Firion
3* Ludmille
3* Krile
3* Roselia
3* Terra
3* Locke
3* Butts
3* Lani
3* Fran

So it seems like a bunch of meh according to lists, but I know nothing about this game.

You'd have a decent squad starting out. Luneth, Firion, and Bartz as your DPS focus, Ludmille as a magic user, and Roselia as your healer. Toss in Rain or Laswell (or both) and you have a decent starting squad. My two cents.

Edit: Jinx CCIE!!

CCIE

Banned
Firion will be a beast when he get his 6* status. Locke is the best thief. Roselia is a good starting healer. Seriously, not a bad start at all.

3. Someone please tell me where to get Calamity Gems. Please tell me they exist somewhere outside of events, because they're sure as hell not available in the Awakening Vortex or in Story mode or anywhere else. I've had a lvl 80 Chizuru waiting for 2 weeks now.
Sorry friend but we'll either have to wait for an event or for the daily bundle to cycle back to it. I just need one more Calamity Gem to awaken Chorizo...so close! Fortunately, looks like the new event will have 6* items in it so perhaps we'll get it there!
970 pulls later...

I think I'm good? I dunno. Tier list has him high and that's probably good enough for me.
Congrats! That's one of the best units you can get right now and he has inherent Dual Wield so you don't even need to farm a Zidane for him. That's certainly good enough to start playing the game.

Just saw your other units. Firion and Bartz will be good at 6* and Roselia a serviceable starting healer for now. Ludmille has one of the best TMs in the game so great to have one. Locke is worth leveling for a passive skill he gets that's good for farming nodes for mats and Celes has a good TM for female units.
Here you go.

Thank you! Nice, not a grind event although I should have expected that since the Raid was. I'll happily snag that trust moogle.

Vamphuntr

Whip looks good but Ex Death can't use it T.T

Saving my lapis for the next good banner. I need a DPS. Any ideas when the FF12 banner will be on?

I have 1 DW done on Chiz, and 3 more Zidanes that I can start working on. I heard somewhere that Garland is better with doublehand than a DW? If DW is always better then I'll just ignore Bartz and work on Zidanes instead.

Garland is a special case because of inherit double hand, they can stack if iirc. Outside of that DW > *

mstevens

I forgot to mention that I got Zidane too lol

So Noctis, Exdeath, Agrias, Rosa, Rydia and Zidane in 12 pulls to start the game. I think it was my 25th reroll.

Going to save everything from now on for a chance at Orlandu, but I probably used all my luck ;)

CCIE I just added you. Trying to only add people with GAF in their description.

H3xum

CCIE, sorry :( need to see whats Next banner to decide ir pull ir not.

Also im enraged because no Rain 6star

He'll be here next week *pats head*

Do Champion Belts stack? I have 3 Snow's and I'm trying to figure out if I want 2 for Firion + 1 for WoL or just 1 on each if they don't stack or just screw WoL and 2 on Firion

Takuan

Dark Fina's bad, so she's gotta show that cleave.

Is there a TM macro guide out there that's kosher to post? I already use Nox for other games.

Muku

I still don't understand whats so great about Orlandu that people would save up all this time for him.

I've seen the videos of 2 Orlandu chaining that Light attack, but it looks like a hideously boring way to play the game and a "Press Button to Win" and the rest of his abilities look really boring, plus his sprite is ugly

I'm going to pull for Dark Fina

YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW! Lord Orlandu doesn't deserve that!

Rain 6* will be worth it for Full Break, but what about Lasswell? I dunno, always felt like Rain was better than Lasswell when I used them until I could pull better units.

Quon, and yea, Luneth is awesome! He's my best damage dealer. <3 him

mstevens, you never know! It'll be a while and that luck will build back up. ;) My husband pulled Lightning and a Noctis from the Noctis banner. His luck was bound to catch up to him though since he had been so deprived of physical damage.

I used my lucky recently on Noel. >< It'll be cool to try him out, just not sure where and when. I capped him during the early part of weekend on Dunes. I know he'll be my secondary tank with Cecil being main if I need it. But I may take him out for a test drive.

tariniel

Dark Fina's bad, so she's gotta show that cleave.

Is there a TM macro guide out there that's kosher to post? I already use Nox for other games.

One-stop-shop:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/

Garland is a special case because of inherit double hand, they can stack if iirc. Outside of that DW > *

Thanks! I think I will just throw all 5 into one party to knock out DH real quick once my current TM team is done. I don't have anyone else that can use DW right now except characters that don't have 6* yet (Rain/Firion).

I still don't understand whats so great about Orlandu that people would save up all this time for him.

I've seen the videos of 2 Orlandu chaining that Light attack, but it looks like a hideously boring way to play the game and a "Press Button to Win" and the rest of his abilities look really boring, plus his sprite is ugly

I'm going to pull for Dark Fina
I think you are neglecting the relevancy of him being maybe one of the dopest FF characters in existence as well

H3xum

Rain 6* will be worth it for Full Break, but what about Lasswell? I dunno, always felt like Rain was better than Lasswell when I used them until I could pull better units.

For whatever it's worth, Altema currently has his 6* ranked higher than Rain, Garland, Vargas, Delita, CoD, Mercedes, Maxwell...the list goes on and on

Tho, their list is heavily skewed by TMs, so take that for what you will.

I am so ready for Garland to get his 6*.. I want to bring him into the fold again!

I am farming Mercedes Axe just for Garland. 2x DoubleHand + his Enhancement for Double Hand (100%) bonus = A MONSTER (I don't have any dark weapon TMs to farm:( )

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Here, take some salt.

Yeah, Zidane is useful only for his TM.....which basically turns any character OP. 10000 stamina later and yes, it'll be an ability you can give it to any character. Congrats!

Basically, with every battle you fight, whether it be via a story mission or in the vortex, you have a 10% chance of your unit gaining 0.1% towards their trust mastery reward. The rewards can be amazing, like dual wield (which allows you to wield two weapons, one in each hand). Others are weapons, some are materia, and others are spells, but all of them can be used on any unit once they are obtained. Like everything else in the game, the rewards range from worthless to game changing.

But as you can see, if you have a 10% chance to raise your TM each fight, and even if it does go up, it's only by 0.1%, the grind to get to 100% is a very long one. Most people do it by loading up a team of just the units with TMs you want, and repeatedly run the very first level of the Earth Shrine, which only takes 1 NRG. Rinse repeat 1,000's of times, and you will eventually get a TM. There might be some lunatics out there that do this whole process manually, but most use macros on their PCs or using something called "switch control" on their iOS based phones that automates the battles.

There are some other tricks to it (like if you fuse two of the same units, you carry over the TM percentage), but that's the general gist. This is all "meta game" stuff, meaning you won't really need to grind out TMs until you are further along and have most of your units fully maxed.

Congrats on Zidane! One of the most coveted units in the game because his TM is tops and you can equip any TM on any unit unless it's a weapon type they can't equip or a magic they don't have access to. Zidane does suck as a unit but the TM is amazing so everyone wants multiple of him.

Thanks for the info! Should I try to stick him in my team now to slowly gain TM or just stuff him away until I want to grind for it?

I imagine Trust Moogles being put towards unlocking DW should be a priority?

First Brave Suit done! Noct sits at 835 right now. Second Brave Suit sits at 50%, done in two weeks or so. Still have more slots for GAF'ers, post your ID's.

Thanks for the info! Should I try to stick him in my team now to slowly gain TM or just stuff him away until I want to grind for it?

I imagine Trust Moogles being put towards unlocking DW should be a priority?

Yes, to the last question. Dual wield makes mediocre units good, good units great, and great units amazing.

As to the first question, it depends on what you want out of the game. TM grinding is literally an all day, every day thing. Once you are at the point that TM grinding is the only thing you really have to achieve, that's not all that bad. But if you are just starting out, I say enjoy the game first. Go through the story and see all that the game has to offer before you get slogged down with TM farming.

So if you have a spot for Zidane, go for it. He'll naturally get some TM progression just by playing the game. Not much, but some. He can also be handy to have on your team to steal, which can be useful as you are just starting out and gathering materials and working towards the stealing trophy.

Whizkid7

Hi, one of those manual lunatics here. I can't get Nox to work for me so I'm stuck the old fashioned way, On the plus side, Zidane's at 93%! ...Most of that was Trust Moogles.

Isn't Orlandu supposed to be this month? Wouldn't be surprised if they release him next after having whales blow loads chasing Noctis and Dark Fina. That said, we all agree his banner is terrible so I'll pretend he doesn't exist until he's on a player unless one of our awesome whale gaffers gets him haha

Sorry to nag for another update but can someone tell me what today's bundle is? I'm hoping it gets back around to a Calamity Gem but it broke the pattern of T6 mats these last two days doing Fire and Ice Megacrysts instead. I'm wondering if it's another Megacryst today or if it went back to T6 mats.

On the TM front, I was getting tired of night TM farming getting ruined by the adventure daily completion or having to stay up late to kick it off after the daily cleared so I finally thought to check for Nox macros and damn, should have done this much sooner! I'm not sure what the difference really is for the guy's Ultimate no laps versus the Vanilla one but the Vanilla one takes care of that message, attempts to reconnect the game if there's a disconnect, and I think doesn't require you to be full with your FL not to mention it's a lot more aggressive then mine was so it will farm faster. Although it was kind of nice with my old one allowing NRG to slowly, gradually recharge for when I got home and wanted to do an event. With this macro, hopefully I'll be able to knock out TMs much quicker! Not as quickly as those of you that use lapis though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom