• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

I'm sure a couple of you guys here will have Orlandu, but that's kinda of pointless because I would need one too to chain lol.

Brunire

Sorry to nag for another update but can someone tell me what today's bundle is? I'm hoping it gets back around to a Calamity Gem but it broke the pattern of T6 mats these last two days doing Fire and Ice Megacrysts instead. I'm wondering if it's another Megacryst today or if it went back to T6 mats.

It went back to T6 material. I think it was a Rainbow Bloom.

Muku

For whatever it's worth, Altema currently has his 6* ranked higher than Rain, Garland, Vargas, Delita, CoD, Mercedes, Maxwell...the list goes on and on

Tho, their list is heavily skewed by TMs, so take that for what you will.

I just want him as a full breaker. Rain that is. I have Sazh, but I like choices. Because Ingus sucks too much ass to consider an option. Wasted time and money on that ass.

Hi, one of those manual lunatics here. I can't get Nox to work for me so I'm stuck the old fashioned way, On the plus side, Zidane's at 93%! ...Most of that was Trust Moogles.

Semi manual lunatic here as well. Switch controls get the job done. I'm on my second to last TM batch for a while, I need a break from it....unless I start using Nox or Memu.

Oh nice, I'll gladly add a few more gaffers! only 2 spots left but I'll try and sort out my FL later.

183.128.525 :)

Added.

Xion86

Loving this free time to TM farm SO much! Really starting to catch up on it, can't wait for my current batch to finish (will be posting my update tomorrow). Not been doing anything else apart from daily quests, use up Arena orbs and TM farm so a bit quiet :), been catching up on all the pages though.

I'll be sticking to Daily pulls still, but would really, really like Dark Fina for her TM!

Oh I came across a Noctis which seemed to have full evasive stats as NOTHING would hit him. Had to win by getting to round 10 :/.

Very close to getting every summon to 40 now without having to farm Phantom Forest!

Muku

Xion, I agree! This free time is amazing! Going to get some more with the coming event too from looks of it.

I've been meaning to TM farm, but decided to catch up on gathering all the Lapis. Got quite a bit to go. Once I do that though will be TM farming all the way.

Whip looks good but Ex Death can't use it T.T

Saving my lapis for the next good banner. I need a DPS. Any ideas when the FF12 banner will be on?
It doesn't matter because the Wizard Rod is better than the whip anyway. Did you do the Surging Menace Trial yet? I haven't myself but plan on doing that soon. I think the FFXII banner is still a ways off but then again, we aren't following Japan's order so who can really say? There aren't any big holidays coming anytime soon so with no holiday banners, I'd think we'll start knocking out the classic FF banners more steadily now. Granted FFBE characters will take up some too like this next one.
Thanks for the info! Should I try to stick him in my team now to slowly gain TM or just stuff him away until I want to grind for it?

I imagine Trust Moogles being put towards unlocking DW should be a priority?
Who are all your units? I'd say no because he'll drag your team down and to save him for when you TM farm but if you don't have 5 clearly superior units then it'd be fine. You should most definitely use your trust moogles on him.

It went back to T6 material. I think it was a Rainbow Bloom.

Thanks! Awesome! I think Calamity Gem is right after that or at least the third one :D Paging Panther Lotus, Calamity Gem incoming! Granted just one and not sure what you need but I just need one so Chorizo about to wake up to 6* :D Then the leveling game as I figure out who I'm going to kick out for her. I was going to kick CoD but wondering if I should kick the tank or ExDeath instead and pop them back in as needed for events.

Who would you guys kick for Chorizo between CoD, ExDeath, and WoL? WoL is the only full breaker I have in the lineup so that increases his value despite being 5*.

NomarTyme

I take out WoL I haven't used a full breaker in a long while. I still use cod and exdeath though.
You can chain Orlandu with anyone. It's just braindead easy with 2 Orlandus.
Thinking about chaining with chizzy if give her excalibur and garland's tm.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Who are all your units? I'd say no because he'll drag your team down and to save him for when you TM farm but if you don't have 5 clearly superior units then it'd be fine. You should most definitely use your trust moogles on him.

My team is currently:

Luneth
White Knight Noel
Krile
Cloud of Darkness
Refia

Other units:
Russell
Hayate
Snow
Hope
Rosa
Faris
Santa Roselia
Zidane
Kain
Clyne
Luna
Kuja
Terra
Vaan
Cerius
Leo
Celes
Kefka
Rakshasa
Lani
Ludmille
Charlotte
Alma
Sazh
Fang
Edge

Also in regards to the arena - I do like 5-30 dmg per hit to other teams. That mode just isn't possible to do until everyone is fully leveled / equipped, right? I managed to beat one team so far and honestly I was amazed with myself considering they were doing 4x dmg.

Who would you guys kick for Chorizo between CoD, ExDeath, and WoL? WoL is the only full breaker I have in the lineup so that increases his value despite being 5*.

If it helps, I kicked out Exdeath for Chiz and haven't looked back since. I'm rolling mageless right now and am kicking a lot more butt. Exdeath still shines in the arena for me casting double meteor, but Chiz has been a much better overall addition to the team.

I also haven't had a dedicated full breaker for a while now. I tend to find that bosses are either immune or heavily resistant to breaking nowadays.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It's very powerful. It's the best TM for Magic Attack in fact. Ultima and Dystopia after enhancements are pretty great.

Meta is all elemental chaining but the devs like throwing curveballs where physical damage is no bueno. The FF3 event recently was focused purely on magic and the Apollon Harp is a magic boss as well.

Nice - i will never pull her but she is one of those units....if you pull her you are set in terms of Mages for a long time - especially coupled with that TM. Doesnt hurt that her Sprite looks nice as well.

CCIE

Banned
I'd like to pull Majin Fina, which means it isn't going to happen ;)

Had to do so much work today that I haven't even gotten any good TM time in... damnit. Added the GAF'ers that sent me a request. My FL is almost all GAF now

Broseybrose

My team is currently:

Also in regards to the arena - I do like 5-30 dmg per hit to other teams. That mode just isn't possible to do until everyone is fully leveled / equipped, right? I managed to beat one team so far and honestly I was amazed with myself considering they were doing 4x dmg.

This early in the game your priority should be making your way through the Colosseum. Its in the upper-right after you click Arena on the home screen.

That will take 2 months probably. You get incredible amounts of Lapis, great weapons, and items for completing it.

Only when the Colosseum is finished should you participate in Arena.

chrono01

Majin Fina is nice, but I'm saving all of my Lapis/Tickets for that Ariana Grando 5*. Every. Single. Lapis.

(Yes, I'm joking. Yes, I know I misspelled her name. It was intentional.)

Your Units

Oh, nice! Great lineup and in that case, no way. Save Zidane for TM farming and trust moogles. Ludmille will be your next TM priority because dualcast on Refia is amazing. Outside getting Dualcast for Refia, the best strategy for TMs is to concentrate on one Unit at a time to make them as OP as possible. For you that will be Luneth. He already has inherent DW but CoD can use the one you'll be able to farm and since you don't have enough TMs that Luneth will use, I'd say go ahead and put Zidane in your TM farm team. Double check Luneth can use the Black Cowl that Hayate provides as well but that one is useful for a lot of units so worth learning either way. It really seems you have more suited to beefing up Refia than Luneth, actually ha

Make your TM farm team

Zidane
Ludmille
Luneth
Hayate
Either Celes or Charlotte. Equip the TM from either for Refia unless CoD can wear the Minerva Bust, never checked.

If it helps, I kicked out Exdeath for Chiz and haven't looked back since. I'm rolling mageless right now and am kicking a lot more butt. Exdeath still shines in the arena for me casting double meteor, but Chiz has been a much better overall addition to the team.

I also haven't had a dedicated full breaker for a while now. I tend to find that bosses are either immune or heavily resistant to breaking nowadays.

ExDeath was what I was thinking but then noticed chaining elements is the new hotness so not so sure now. He at least has a use while doing mission objectives on story levels because there always seems to be use x element. I really only use FB on bosses so I could see swapping WoL out although it is nice having a character who takes damage from others not to mention I'll need a tank for specific difficult trials. Damn, I'm going to be swapping a lot, aren't I?

robotuw

I'm hoping to pull a few Elle's for his tank-friendly TM and I don't care about the rest. Thus, I have a better than average chance of getting Dark Fina and Luka.

Stop calling her Majin, we aren't Japan ;p

After blowing the massive stockpile to get Noctis it works out nicely that it will most likely be a while before the FFX banner hits. I should be able to gather a nice stockpile again before that must pull banner hits and there aren't any other good banners coming before it unless a players choice hits. About to wrap up the latest story missions and then I can go back to working on missions for older story stages to stock up on Lapis. Just have the Decayed Shrine and most of Dirnado left. Indeed, it's been nice having a break from events since the Dunes left allowing me to finally see the latest story and also finally use NRG to take on Carbuncle 2*. I really wanted to save the mats for Odin but since Carbuncle will replace Shiva for Refia, needed to get her leveled up. I'm going to have to farm those mats at some point, still don't have a single esper at 40. Ifrit is close though.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Oh, nice! Great lineup and in that case, no way. Save Zidane for TM farming and trust moogles. Ludmille will be your next TM priority because dualcast on Refia is amazing. Outside getting Dualcast for Refia, the best strategy for TMs is to concentrate on one Unit at a time to make them as OP as possible. For you that will be Luneth. He already has inherent DW but CoD can use the one you'll be able to farm and since you don't have enough TMs that Luneth will use, I'd say go ahead and put Zidane in your TM farm team. Double check Luneth can use the Black Cowl that Hayate provides as well but that one is useful for a lot of units so worth learning either way. It really seems you have more suited to beefing up Refia than Luneth, actually ha

Make your TM farm team

Zidane
Ludmille
Luneth
Hayate
Either Celes or Charlotte. Equip the TM from either for Refia unless CoD can wear the Minerva Bust, never checked.

Thanks for the info!

This early in the game your priority should be making your way through the Colosseum. Its in the upper-right after you click Arena on the home screen.

That will take 2 months probably. You get incredible amounts of Lapis, great weapons, and items for completing it.

Only when the Colosseum is finished should you participate in Arena.

Thanks, I've been doing 5 arena matches a day (aka 5 matches of me getting stomped) for the Lapis and doing Colliseum when I can. Good to know there are better rewards the deeper I get into it!

eggydoo

For people that TM farm with Lapis refill, how much Lapis do you guys typically spend and what type of result do you get from it? I have 52RNG max right now and just wanted to know what to expect. I did my first TM by having 5 of the same unit and just waiting for refill to run my macro again.

At 55% right now for DW and want to finish it ASAP.

My TM farm team right now is
Zidane, Miyuki, 3 Lockes
Then my plan after is to run 2 Hayates and 3 Miyukis.

Flambe

For people that TM farm with Lapis refill, how much Lapis do you guys typically spend and what type of result do you get from it? I have 52RNG max right now and just wanted to know what to expect. I did my first TM by having 5 of the same unit and just waiting for refill to run my macro again.

At 55% right now for DW and want to finish it ASAP.

Eh with that much energy I'd probably not blow it on refills. I'm at 92 energy and even that isn't great but I'm doing it many times a day right now but mostly cause it's for really good TMs lol

Lyrian

Eh with that much energy I'd probably not blow it on refills. I'm at 92 energy and even that isn't great but I'm doing it many times a day right now but mostly cause it's for really good TMs lol

To be fair, energy pools on Global don't get to be a whole lot higher than that.

The Global soft cap on energy is 110, at which the rank xp needed for each additional energy point becomes pretty much a vertical line upwards.

If you're at 80+ energy, that's fine for TM refilling.

Shouta

Global will probably get the EN and Inventory increases across the board eventually. They did that for JP awhile ago because the events they wanted to do wasn't feasible by most and inventories were getting really bloated for everyone.

Alkez

Also enjoying the time to tm here. Nearly got my much needed dual cast.

On top of that it's meant that I've actually had a chance to play some other games for once. Been playing Uncharted 4 for the first time. Really should have played this game sooner.

Not gonna lie that bothers me lol. It's DARK!!!!!!

It bothers me that she's not called Majin Fina in global lol.

Also enjoying the time to tm here. Nearly got my much needed dual cast.

On top of that it's meant that I've actually had a chance to play some other games for once. Been playing Uncharted 4 for the first time. Really should have played this game sooner.

It bothers me that she's not called Majin Fina in global lol.

If she was named that here then it wouldn't bother me. :p When people first started talking about her I had no idea who the hell they were talking about as the English wiki had her named Dark already. It was confusing for a minute.

chrono01

If she was named that here then it wouldn't bother me. :p When people first started talking about her I had no idea who the hell they were talking about as the English wiki had her named Dark already. It was confusing for a minute.
I legit thought she was still called "Majin Fina" on Global. I've heard about her so much, prior to our release, that the original name is engrained in my memory.

I'm sure once people pull her (won't be me!) and I start seeing "Dark Fina" mentioned, I'll slowly switch over.

Alkez

To anyone who was/is a dbz fan, are you watching Super? I tried to watch it but the first arc is a worse version of one of the movies so I just stopped. Apparently it gets good later on.

mstevens

So what should I be doing to maximize efficiency. I just got past the first castle. Dailys every day, use coliseum orbs as they come up to grind there (should I just keep running the lowest?) and then keep going with story? Anything else?

Kouriozan

Just got the 1M friend points received trophy, woooow.
It took 219 consecutive login days and I maxed my friend list the first week!
So what should I be doing to maximize efficiency. I just got past the first castle. Dailys every day, use coliseum orbs as they come up to grind there (should I just keep running the lowest?) and then keep going with story? Anything else?

Try to do the Frosty Offensive event with strong friends since it give good items for someone starting out, like the Mythril Axe at 600 pts.

What makes me sad is that I got the send gifts gold trophy weeks ago and still don't have the receive gifts trophy...my friends list be slacking and shit.

mstevens

Try to do the Frosty Offensive event with strong friends since it give good items for someone starting out, like the Mythril Axe at 600 pts.

Okay!

I did some daily vortex dungeon and got some metal cactuar and crystal turtle units. Do I just sell those?

CCIE

Banned
mstevens - you should be running the story, and maximizing your time in the Colosseum. Don't worry about the Arena for now, but to get to the Colosseum, you have to click on the arena, and you will see the icon for Colosseum in the upper right corner.

Here is a good guide for beginners...

https://exviuswiki.com/Beginner%27s_guide

Turtles are to sell, Cactuars are for EXP. You should enhance Noctis with those right away

Lyrian

Grats!

That one is still a thorn in my side, as I still have a quarter of a million FP left to go on that trophy.

Syntsui

Global will probably get the EN and Inventory increases across the board eventually. They did that for JP awhile ago because the events they wanted to do wasn't feasible by most and inventories were getting really bloated for everyone.
We really can't expect such generosity after recent events.

c-murph

Majin Fina is nice, but I'm saving all of my Lapis/Tickets for that Ariana Grando 5*. Every. Single. Lapis.

(Yes, I'm joking. Yes, I know I misspelled her name. It was intentional.)

I'm saving everything. Yup. Got one whole ticket saved so far.

I'd like to pull Majin Fina, which means it isn't going to happen ;)

Had to do so much work today that I haven't even gotten any good TM time in... damnit. Added the GAF'ers that sent me a request. My FL is almost all GAF now

I've just been letting my game run pretty much non-stop since last Thursday. My four Mustadios and Leo are all around 37-38% now. Maybe I'll be able to combine the Mustadios tomorrow night or Thursday morning. My Maxwell needs some new firepower.

I'll probably toss in four Celes' next since I have 9 of them floating around. My Lightning, Fencer and Elza need something to wear.

Valentus

If you think so far, luneth was nevera a key unit in any trial or Event. Even ramza has an mvp (Halloween Event) but not luneth.

Ill say that reroll again, but after 960 rollos you must be tired XD So keep it and enjoy him.

dont we call him majin buu in english dbz :eek:

I guess it's not Majin Vegeta either!
They did not bother localizing the name and it was dubbed Majin for DBZ so you're calling it the name as it's said in the show and thus, it's ok there ;) Fina however, has been localized Dark for the Global version ;p
To anyone who was/is a dbz fan, are you watching Super? I tried to watch it but the first arc is a worse version of one of the movies so I just stopped. Apparently it gets good later on.
Skip to the tournament arc, that's when Super actually begins as the first two arcs are the movies (unless you didn't watch the Freiza movie but it's slightly different in Super but not enough to bother watching if you've seen the movie). If you love DBZ filler you can watch what's in between them but otherwise just go to the tournament arc. After that you can either keep going watching for filler or use wikipedia's list of episodes to read the descriptions for filler to decide if you want to watch it or not. I believe the next major arc after the tournament is the future trunks arc.
The best thing to do early on is the Colosseum as you get some great equipment out of it some of which can't be acquired elsewhere and it doesn't cost any NRG to do either which is great. Progress it until it becomes too difficult (can't bring a friend unit for Coli) Story missions for easy lapis plus, everyone likes to play RPGs for story, right? I'd see what you can handle with the Frost Raid event too as you could acquire some of the rewards and it goes away shortly. Plus, I think if you beat it at least once or enough to get the first reward, you'll get the group rewards and we collectively got enough points to unlock every single group reward (which will be sent to us when the event ends) and those will be great for you!

As for metal cactuars, save the gigantuars until you have 5 of them as it's very inefficient to use less than that per enhancement. Especially the higher in level you are as it costs more gil to perform the enhancement the higher your level is. Save 5 of those bad boys up and use them on Noctis, rinse and repeat. The turtles you sell straight up, no other use.

You should also do the dailies each day for extra lapis especially this month as we will get 100 lapis instead of the usual 50 from Jan 5-Feb 1st. It doesn't even cost any NRG really to do them as you get 10 NRG for completing the exploration one (do the earth shrine exploration which is just 3NRG per instance so +4 NRG when you clear it the two times) you can do a vortex for 5 NRG a run at the BEG level and you get 15 NRG as the reward so a complete reimbursement. The Adventurer one is +2 NRG if you do earth shrine stages for 1NRG a run and the rest don't cost NRG at all except for the one event related one but you only have to complete 5 of them for the daily lapis reward and the event one makes 6. Don't bother with the event one unless you're still running the event for it's own rewards, of course.

Lyrian

Thanks, now I can switch to "send Gils", preparing for enhancements 5 months before it release! x)

ROFLMAO!

Got to be careful with Nox and running the lapis refill TM macro.

Really nice to see TM %s move up at more than a snail pace, but boy can you forget to turn it off overnight and wake up to 500+ lapis vanished into the ether.

Armchair quarterbacking question:

I have 0 DWs still, but 2 Doublehands currently in progress. My original theory was to merge the two into one for Elza, but should I painfully grind out both of them for Elza + Mercedes instead? (I have a Luneth for additional Physical DPS currently).

Thoughts, everyone?

Alkez

Armchair quarterbacking question:

I have 0 DWs still, but 2 Doublehands currently in progress. My original theory was to merge the two into one for Elza, but should I painfully grind out both of them for Elza + Mercedes instead? (I have a Luneth for additional Physical DPS currently).

Thoughts, everyone?

Unless you need them right now you might as well grind out two. Who knows when you'll be blessed with a Zidane or more Bartz. Might as well work with what you currently have imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom