• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

across

Yeah, I'm looking at it as a 30% ATK TM for Randi - I personally don't expect to see Shine on this banner, so it's valuable from that standpoint. I didn't pull any Karls on the BF banner, so...

Obviously the value consideration changes if she does show up, or you have several Seals of Destruction, or what have you.

Also, I haven't doublechecked the math because I'm lazy, but if you have a TM sword (Moonblade or Mana Sword), DKS + Sword should beat Blade Mastery + Sakurafubuki on Firion - useful for Randi owners who don't need Randi's killer abilities on a current boss but do need Firion's, or anyone who only has a single copy of Blade Mastery and it's on Chizuru/Luneth/Shadow, or...

The point is it's a pretty valuable TM so try to grab a copy.

edit: If you don't have Karl's TM to spare, Equip H Armor on Randi becomes a 20% ATK TM, the value of which changes depending on what exactly you're swapping out for Demon Mail. As with so much in this game, your mileage may vary, but well, it's there.

bonkeng

Frick... I thought I only needed 2 of those bodies... but I have Lightning, Gilgamesh, AND Luneth... I... I know I won't get that many... please just 1? please? T.T

I forgot Lightning could use it :/

Forget her. She's already obsolete anyway.

2 Leon should be enough.

bonkeng

Does Lightning ever get enhancements? Is she ever good again? I have 2 of her, though I only use one.

I use her for Area Blast and... that's about it.

Yeah she does. Her Crushing Blow deals more damage and reduces Thunder Resist by 75%. Grom's TM also finally provided her the much needed 120 atk Thunder Element Greatsword. But compared to other 5* bases, she's still mediocre.

She also isn't chain friendly, but since you have 2, I guess it'll work out better for you.

Shouta

Greg can't wear clothes though. So no Brave Suit for him.

But yeah, Leon's TM really boosts his atk quite a lot. If my calculations are right, his atk should be between 430 to 440, depending on if you have Infernal Armlet or not. Just enough to dethrone Yun as the highest atk in GL. Luneth will leapfrog Noctis and Randi to take 3rd place.

Yep. That's why I said it's good on him too, but not great. He still get the 30% passives with a sword equipped.

It's better to give Randi a weapon and matching mastery if you have them unless you're looking to match elements on an enemy. It's useful if you don't have something in its place though. Dual-Wield obviously. =P

across

does leon's TM stack with itself?

We won't know until he drops, but his TM is mechanically equivalent to Dark Fina's - a 30% boost for a weapon type and a 20% boost for an armour type - and hers does not stack. There is no reason whatsoever to think Leon's will be different.

tuffymon

Forget her. She's already obsolete anyway.

2 Leon should be enough.

I probably could exchange her out, but she was my first base 5 star. I like to keep her around for 3 main points though, with the first being more important, 1 is that she has innate dual wield, and 2 aero blitz in the arena gets around a lot of people, and 3 I like to use crushing blow before thunder flask if I do that round of combat >..>;

bonkeng

It's better to give Randi a weapon and matching mastery if you have them unless you're looking to match elements on an enemy. It's useful if you don't have something in its place though. Dual-Wield obviously. =P

Lol yeah. Right now, I can gear my maxpotted Randi up to 872 atk with the following equipments and materias: Moonblade, Sakura, Black Cowl, Brave Suit, Genji Gloves, Bracer, BM, PoC, SoDx2.

After I'm done TMfarming Yun and 2 Snow, I can get to 895 by replacing Sakura, Brave Suit, Bracer, BM and Genji Gloves with Kaiser Knuckle, Crimson Slayer, CBx2 and DW. But the problem here is he'll get 2 elements instead of 1 :/

And if I ever get Leon, I should be able to barely pass 900 by replacing Crimson Slayer and 1 SoD with Demon Mail and Leon's TM.

Shouta, did JP ever get a Sword Mastery materia, similiar to Blade Mastery? I know there's Materia Mastery for Knuckle, Greatsword and Spear. But is there any more weapon mastery materia?

I probably could exchange her out, but she was my first base 5 star. I like to keep her around for 3 main points though, with the first being more important, 1 is that she has innate dual wield, and 2 aero blitz in the arena gets around a lot of people, and 3 I like to use crushing blow before thunder flask if I do that round of combat >..>;

Lol she was my first too. I still use 2 of her in Arena to chain Area Blast.

But what I meant is that you don't need to go all out giving her Leon's TM. It's just not worth it compared to Luneth and Greg since you have these 2 as well. If you only have Lightning, then it's worth it.

Muku

70k Moogle GET!

Ludmille is now at 81.3%. Dual Cast... Will be nice.

Time to finish off with candy for Cactaur.

Edit: Is Cupid Luna worth it for TM? I got a second one today it seems.

tuffymon

But what I meant is that you don't need to go all out giving her Leon's TM. It's just not worth it compared to Luneth and Greg since you have these 2 as well. If you only have Lightning, then it's worth it.

I guess we'll see how well I manage to pull~ As I previously said, I'd love to have 3, but I can totally work with 1. 50? Hours to see how I manage? >.>;

On the positive side, unlike other Tm's lately, Leon will be in the pool permanently... so at least I won't feel terrible if I get 1 or even worse 0...

Shouta

Lol yeah. Right now, I can gear my maxpotted Randi up to 872 atk with the following equipments and materias: Moonblade, Sakura, Black Cowl, Brave Suit, Genji Gloves, Bracer, BM, PoC, SoDx2.

After I'm done TMfarming Yun and 2 Snow, I can get to 895 by replacing Sakura, Brave Suit, Bracer, BM and Genji Gloves with Kaiser Knuckle, Crimson Slayer, CBx2 and DW. But the problem here is he'll get 2 elements instead of 1 :/

And if I ever get Leon, I should be able to barely pass 900 by replacing Crimson Slayer and 1 SoD with Demon Mail and Leon's TM.

Shouta, did JP ever get a Sword Mastery materia, similiar to Blade Mastery? I know there's Materia Mastery for Knuckle, Greatsword and Spear. But is there any more weapon mastery materia?

No regular Sword Mastery yet. it's a common one on kits but not as a TM yet.

robotuw

Daily got me Cupid Art! I just wanted another Luna but I'll take it I guess. Lol at that new event axe. Sorry to those people who spent the time to get the mana event axe.

fionel

Was excited bout Queen's enhancements as she was my first base 5*. I was quickly reminded that she has poor stats and I couldn't get her atk above 900 no matter what I tried. Adding to the fact that I don't have enough stones to even get her devastate to lv.1, she's likely getting cold-turkey from me :/

fionel

I find Gil to be pretty easy to come by esp during raid events where you will pull literally hundreds of 4* gil turtles. Stones on the other hand have 8 types and 5 grades.

The first 4 grades are farmable through vortexes (15 stamina per run) with the the 4th grade stones having abysmal drop rates.

5th grade stones are rewards you can obtain per monthly story event, where there are usually 1-2 of each type offered as event mission rewards. The last stretch of story event quests also have a fairly good chance of dropping 4th-5th grade stones but they usually consume around over 90 stamina in total to complete.

On top of the difficulty of obtaining 4th/5th grade stones, the distribution of requirement of stone types is VERY poor. What I mean is that enhancements of attack skills require "attack stones" and that of support skills require "support stones", etc. However there is a very heavy demand for attack and support stones compared to healing/skill/white mag/black mag/defend so you will always find yourself not having enough of some types and an overabundance of others.

Alkez

It's kind of anticlimactic when we get banner news that we already knew was coming. Firion on the banner is annoying for me though, I need 4 Guys.

Event axe is great for Cecil.

fionel

^^

Thanks. Are stones "Items" or "Material" category?
= People need to spend more Lapis to slots :D

Materials. So get ready to have at least 8x5 = 40 extra slots in there!

Or maybe they could pretend to be generous and give your extra 50 slots on the first GL anniversary like in JP hehe.

Pachimari

Fuck I want to go hard in on a Firion.

Even worse, pulling a 1/2 price summon daily have become a bad habit and I lost 400 lapis cause of it today but it's thankfully small value and easy to regain.

bonkeng

Fuck I want to go hard in on a Firion.

Even worse, pulling a 1/2 price summon daily have become a bad habit and I lost 400 lapis cause of it today but it's thankfully small value and easy to regain.

How can you lose 400 Lapis from a 1/2 pull? That's baffling.

Rixa

Materials. So get ready to have at least 8x5 = 40 extra slots in there!

Or maybe they could pretend to be generous and give your extra 50 slots on the first GL anniversary like in JP hehe.

Fuck :D

I have 175 Material slots, but my dupe materials usually take around 135 slots.
I think I need to skim my material inventory reserves :p.

Rixa

I have enough currency for event Axe. Then I need around 3% more TM to get my 2nd Black Cowl, going to feed 4 Hayates, gets some room to inventory too. I think I slap 4 Xiaos next to TM train.

Or maybe I finally do that Aegis Shield, preparing for WoL 6*. Already got one Leo at 35% and 4 more copies at 0%.

Celegus

Vaan, Kefka, Hayate for me today. Cupid Luna eludes me!

Strange seeing a base 4* not have a 6* in Leon. Already have 3 Firions, so maybe getting equip H-Armor will be a thing despite not seeming very useful. Maybe stick it on Noctis since I don't have Brave Suit, hmm..

Pachimari

I think I'm gonna do way better with lapis going forward, now that I have started doing the arena and colosseum which I never ever touched before. And I'll easily do the three Vortex and story missions, and two exploration maps and one item crafting a day.

Rixa

I think I'm gonna do way better with lapis going forward, now that I have started doing the arena and colosseum which I never ever touched before. And I'll easily do the three Vortex and story missions, and two exploration maps and one item crafting a day.

Colosseum gives nice amounts of Lapis btw. Obviously Colo Lapis is one time only, once you get it, you won't get more from same difficulty.

H3xum

Is Leon's TM a prevalent one in JP at all?

Thinking in the future (like usual) but it seems like it would be strong for advanced Garland and Agrias?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Good morning, everyone check out my BRIGHT N SHINY BLADE MASTERY OH HELL YES!

Also say hello to Noctis, now at 760 ATK.

Replacing the BM in my queue will be a dual wield for Yun, I think. :)

Lyrian

Just going to do dailies on this banner. While I want Leon's TM, I don't want 20 Firions.

Firion's there to troll people from getting easy HP+30% materias, lol

Tomorrow's the last day of the SoM event right?

Got 2 golds today (Luka, Mercedes) and my 10th or so Popoi.

That is correct, SoM is being replaced by FF2 on Friday.

And in today's pointless non-news that no one cares about,

IssT1Y5.png

FINALLY.

And then there were only two..... (left to go).

Lyrian

And to the surprise of no one at this point, the next banner is a split one.

FF2 this week, and the FFBE portion next week replacing the V-Day banner.

That reignites a question from last week though.

The FFBE banner needs a replacement 5* for Marie, as she was bumped up to the V-Day banner. Which 5* base gets an early bump to fill in for this banner, or will there be a new 5* Global Exclusive chase unit incoming, yet again?

This banner translates into more TM's to add to the long list of TM's that need to be leveled lol. Emperor's sprite looks bad ass. I could see why Chilly wanted him. So it seems that TGC is a month away. I'm only going to do daily pulls for Leon. Wouldn't mind 2-3 of him but then again it took me 40 tickets and 3 11 pulls to get Ling sooooooo while we say don't go chasing 5* rainbows should we also say don't go chasing 4* golds :-(

Alkez

The FFBE banner needs a replacement 5* for Marie, as she was bumped up to the V-Day banner. Which 5* base gets an early bump to fill in for this banner, or will there be a new 5* Global Exclusive chase unit incoming, yet again?

Still going with Eileen if it's not a global exclusive. It would kind of make sense, she's the next tier of dps. If everyone is going for Orlandu then you might as well release him last out of the big 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom