• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentus

Cupid artemios can be classified as a top tier 4star damage dealer. And if you combine him with his mistress luna...

Ace is good but if you have exdeath or Majin fina, he isnt that good.

Did two pulls this morning and got my first Zidane and Cecil, two guys I've been looking for. Very happy with that. Guess I'll need to think about TM farming seriously soon. Also picked up Cupid Artemios yesterday.

bonkeng

Cupid artemios can be classified as a top tier 4star damage dealer. And if you combine him with his mistress luna...

Ace is good but if you have exdeath or Majin fina, he isnt that good.

It's well and good that Gumi is releasing useful Global Exclusive now. Unlike that worthless 5* bases Dracula and Demon.

Had a dream that I pulled Eileen followed by Orlandu...

I may need to start playing less BE lol.

You had a glimpse of your bright future. Congratz in advance.

Exdeath is much better than Ace though. And no precious Dual Wield needed which you can give to a proper dps unit. By now, everyone should have gotten at least 1 Exdeath. I'd prioritize powering Exdeath up before Ace.

I think the current mage hierarchy in GL right now is D.Fina > Exdeath >>> Ace.

Not saying Ace is bad, but he's totally outclassed by Exdeath.

Ace is the best single target dps mage in the game

I suppose he falls short in utility outside of that when compared to exdeath and dark fina

Celegus

Wow another Ludmille on daily. I think that's my 6th one since I got my first to 100%. Not sure if a second dual cast would even be useful considering I have Tilith waiting.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow another Ludmille on daily. I think that's my 6th one since I got my first to 100%. Not sure if a second dual cast would even be useful considering I have Tilith waiting.

2nd Dual Cast for Cecil would be good.

Pachimari

I haven't gotten any rainbow pulls since my first day. Are Tidus, Lightning and Noctis part of the rare pool?

And what am I supposed to do with my Musical Notes from the Ariana event? Sell them?

I haven't gotten any rainbow pulls since my first day. Are Tidus, Lightning and Noctis part of the rare pool?

And what am I supposed to do with my Musical Notes from the Ariana event? Sell them?

The only 5 star base units you can no longer get are the limited ones like Demon rain, Noel and soon Randi

Everyone else stays in the pool and can pop out of rainbows

Sell the notes and any other old event currency

Tidus is not available in Global yet, but I would assume he will be a 5* base (rainbow) when he is released. Lightning and Noctis are indeed part of the rare pool, but the chances of pulling them randomly are abysmally low. They had a "player's choice" banner a while back that had a bunch of very popular units with increased rates for a short time, and I would bank on Noctis being on the next if they offer it again. Even then the rate is still crazy low to get him, but it's better than normal.

And yes, you can sell the musical notes.

Pachimari

I'm banking on getting a Noctis someday, even if it will take me four years or so. I need my fave FF protagonist! I should have kept rerolling for him instead of settling for Luneth. Anyway I'm gonna sell my musical notes. I also have a lot of other stuff on items and materials I don't know what to do with.

Pachimari

Damn wasted 18 NRG on the ELF Valentine's event. Those monsters were way too strong for me. Guess I'll just try get the remaining mats to awaken my Warrior of Light.

bonkeng

Ohhh wow really? :D may have to save up some pots for my Warrior of Light :).
But...I just about got Cecil to 22/25 LB :(

Yes you should max pot WoL. Even without his enhancements, he's already a bit better than Cecil since he's a draw tank plus cover tank.

bonkeng

Oh damn and here I was prioritizing my Cecil over WoL all this time.

WoL being better than Cecil doesn't mean Cecil's bad. Cecil's still quite good and more than capable enough to be your main tank and secondary healer.

Besides, it's still at least a month away for WoL's awakening.

dubc35

Precisely. Once an account is linked to a Facebook login, it can be loaded on any device desired. I imagine that many (most?) of the people that TM farm via emu normally play the game on their phone or a tablet.

One thing to be careful with: There are 3 versions of the game: iOS, Google Play and Amazon and Lapis counts are separated by version. If your phone is iOS then it will have separate a Lapis count from the emulator, which is Android and can run either the Google Play or Amazon version. Thus, if you earn any Lapis while playing on the computer (leveling up while TM farming, accepting lapis from mail, etc...) that will only show there and not on your phone. However, it's not something you need to worry about if you use Google Play or Amazon on both your device and emulator.

Actually on Android if you download the game via Amazon App store, the lapis is separate. This is my preferred way as Amazon Coins are cheaper for buying Lapis.

So on Android lapis earned/gained on a Google play based app will be separate from Amazon. And I don't think you can run the macro on the emulator and play simultaneously. At least I have never been able to.

If you make your own macro (which I did BEFORE using the super amazing one, which relogs into the game if it crashes one etc), adding in enough time between usage... you can overpower the commands it does. you can make it get stuck, but even then it'll still log back in and click all over the screen page (I did this once to test it). The problem though is since you can end up randomly clicking on the screen crafting some oddball not worth it item like skurikens and potentially spending lapis to instant finish them... (luckily this didn't happen to me) if this scares you, don't login while using the emulator.

You can only be logged into one device at a time. Some macros are resilient enough they can recover from being logged out but it can be risky. I'd say your best bet is to use a remote desktop app on your phone like Chrome Remote Desktop. That way you can control your desktop macro from your phone as well.

Great information, thank you all!

Pachimari

WoL being better than Cecil doesn't mean Cecil's bad. Cecil's still quite good and more than capable enough to be your main tank and secondary healer.

Besides, it's still at least a month away for WoL's awakening.
Yeah I'll still use Cecil, maybe even together with WoL. I gotta awaken him first but these mats are hard to come by but I've been looking at the FFBE wiki and I know where to go for it.

uSGjcfc.jpg

Alkez

WoL just got enhanced. And he got even more tankier. Cecil can't compete with WoL anymore.

3 turn Brave Presence + 3 turn The Light is With Us makes him the perfect tank. The only issue I see is having too many moves. I know that sounds weird, but if you have to cycle those 2 moves every 3 turns that leaves you one turn to use something else. Between Full Break, the Erasors, and Embolden you could get caught out if you don't have someone else filling those roles.

Edit: Tidus' upgrades seem good. Quick Trick most likely up to 500% and When you got the ball, you gotta score! will probably last 5 turns now with a 40/45% debuff. Very nice enhancements if you ask me.

Lyrian

WoL just got enhanced. And he got even more tankier. Cecil can't compete with WoL anymore.

Ohhh wow really? :D may have to save up some pots for my Warrior of Light :).
But...I just about got Cecil to 22/25 LB :(

Yes you should max pot WoL. Even without his enhancements, he's already a bit better than Cecil since he's a draw tank plus cover tank.

Hard numbers aren't out yet, but it's not too hard to extrapolate what some of the enhancements should be.

Non-enhanced 6* WoL won't completely destroy Cecil, but it will be more of a small, incremental upgrade. Some of WoL's better 6* skills (like Brave Presence), at release, have some drawbacks to them (which are being removed with his enhancements). So, Cecil will still be usable for a good while still.

But, with these projected upgrades (hard numbers known tomorrow), there's no contest between the two anymore. If there was any doubt, these enhancements seal the deal that Cecil's days (on JP) as the team's main tank are completely over.

As Bonkeng states, if there is a need for a backup healer/tank, then Cecil still has a niche role to play. Otherwise, he just joined Lenna on the bench permanently, if he wasn't already there on most accounts.

Such is the sad fate of all base 3* units compared to their gold and rainbow counterparts :/

Lyrian

3 turn Brave Presence + 3 turn The Light is With Us makes him the perfect tank. The only issue I see is having too many moves. I know that sounds weird, but if you have to cycle those 2 moves every 3 turns that leaves you one turn to use something else. Between Full Break, the Erasors, and Embolden you could get caught out if you don't have someone else filling those roles.

WoL isn't the only person on the team, you know :)

Other units can easily pick up the slack on buffs/debuffs, as they should be doing anyways.

Alkez

WoL isn't the only person on the team, you know :)

Other units can easily pick up the slack on buffs/debuffs, as they should be doing anyways.

Yeah that's why I said if you don't have someone filling those roles at the end lol. I was thinking if someone is running Tilith over Refia then they won't have embolden, and there aren't many good 6* full breakers outside of Agrias. Not that full break is really required anymore. I don't know who else has similar skills to the erasors though.

Yeah that's why I said if you don't have someone filling those roles at the end lol. I was thinking if someone is running Tilith over Refia then they won't have embolden, and there aren't many good 6* full breakers outside of Agrias. Not that full break is really required anymore. I don't know who else has similar skills to the erasors though.
Ling does, but they are only 2 turns vs WoL's 3 turns (meaning, if she is going to be the team's breaker that is literally all she can do without dropping the cycle).

Valentus

Cecil is a beast tank that can Focus, can curaja and has the best lb un the Game so far.

WoL is a beast tank that can break and has "the light is with us" (covers the attacks of the entire party for 3 turns)

They dont compete, they complement.

As for emperor, he is a Monster debuffing spr and elemental resistances. Dont pull for him though, its not a key unit.

Alkez

Ling does, but they are only 2 turns vs WoL's 3 turns (meaning, if she is going to be the team's breaker that is literally all she can do without dropping the cycle).

Ah good point, I always forget she has those because I mainly use her MP regen, esunaga, and aoe raise. Maybe Ling will get those enhanced if she's blessed with enhancements.

Ling may be my favourite unit. She just fills in the gaps of my team so perfectly.

Good point. Cecil's LB has carried me so many times. I don't think I could give up 72% (mine's not maxed yet) def spr and attack at this point.

linkent

Cecil is a beast tank that can Focus, can curaja and has the best lb un the Game so far.

WoL is a beast tank that can break and has "the light is with us" (covers the attacks of the entire party for 3 turns)

As for emperor, he is a Monster debuffing spr and elemental resistances. Dont pull for him though, its not a key unit.

Advice taken!
Will do daily discount pull and hopefully get Zidane. really desperate for a second one.

Pachimari

Is Zidane's steal ability just random or can he get better at it? I mostly steal gil from those beasts and rarely get what I need of mats.

Do the event items for King mog trade always sell for as much as the candies are going for? A 9999 stack is like 500,000. That's a really great way to make ton of Gil.

Is Zidane's steal ability just random or can he get better at it? I mostly steal gil from those beasts and rarely get what I need of mats.

Dude if you are hurting for mats just run Phantom Forest over and over

Its drops damn near all the basics in high volumes plus you can farm magicites and megacrysts and even have chances at dropping crystals

Once you get further in the story you can basically get mats from everything

OH! I should probably answer your original question. At max level Zidane gets 100% steal. Otherwise you have no control over what he steals. Each monster has its own list of possible items that can be stolen

If you have Locke in your party (and maxed at 5 star) then his treasure hunter ability will increase the rare at which higher rarity drops occur

Pachimari

Dude if you are hurting for mats just run Phantom Forest over and over

Its drops damn near all the basics in high volumes plus you can farm magicites and megacrysts and even have chances at dropping crystals

Once you get further in the story you can basically get mats from everything
I don't think I've been to Phantom Forest yet, and I didn't know what to use all of those magicites and crystals for so thought about just selling it all for gil.

I'll awaken my WoL today and continue with the story tomorrow so I can unlock Phantom Forest. It sounds very useful.

I don't think I've been to Phantom Forest yet, and I didn't know what to use all of those magicites and crystals for so thought about just selling it all for gil.

I'll awaken my WoL today and continue with the story tomorrow so I can unlock Phantom Forest. It sounds very useful.

Dont sell anything!!! Baw

If you need gil just max a freebie crap 2 star unit and sell it

Keep Stacks of all unique items up to 99 and sell any excess.

Never sell rare items like Holy/Sacred Crystals and Magicites... ever

You are better off investing in more Material slots. Trust me its worth the lapis

Pachimari

Dont sell anything!!! Baw

If you need gil just max a freebie crap 2 star unit and sell it

Keep Stacks of all unique items up to 99 and sell any excess.

Never sell rare items like Holy/Sacred Crystals and Magicites... ever

You are better off investing in more Material slots. Trust me its worth the lapis
I see. I'll definitely have this in mind. I haven't sold anything but all of my musical notes which I guess I couldn't use for anything anyway. I use to spend 100 lapis on 30k gils though but I guess it's better to just sell off a common max unit.

[Edit]
Oh wait damn, I got access to Phantom Forest already, I just hadn't done the Exploration part.

I see. I'll definitely have this in mind. I haven't sold anything but all of my musical notes which I guess I couldn't use for anything anyway. I use to spend 100 lapis on 30k gils though but I guess it's better to just sell off a common max unit.

Dont be afraid to ask us about anything!

Lapis should only be spent on

- Refills (when you get your rank above 80)

- Summons (Dailies or 11 pulls. Dont do 500 pulls)

- "GOOD" value Bundles - Refer to this thread on what bundles are actually worth your lapis. Case in point..... Never spend Lapis to buy Gil

- Slots - This is huge. One of the best investments you can make. Open up friends slots to use us to clear content. Open up Material slots so you can stockpile mats! Open up UNIT slots so you can stockpile stat pots and catuars! The list goes on and on!

How good is Seven? I have her on my Arena team and she does pretty good but I wonder if it's worth it to invest on her.

In arena shes good for her LB so build her with Tms from Jack if you have a few

Otherwise if you snagged Insult to injury (50% paralyze) thats decent

Also Elementalash drops Fire/Ice/Lightning resistance by 50% which is huge if you have a Nuking/Chaining team capable of exploiting that on top of other debuffs

jnWake

In arena shes good for her LB so build her with Tms from Jack if you have a few

Otherwise if you snagged Insult to injury (50% paralyze) thats decent

Also Elementalash drops Fire/Ice/Lightning resistance by 50% which is huge if you have a Nuking/Chaining team capable of exploiting that on top of other debuffs

Yeah her LB is a gamechanger, many times I've won just for that. I guess I'll keep feeding her Gigantuars since she's close to promotion level.

Thanks! Btw, your Randi has given me lots of candy lol.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Looks like Cupid Luna's TM stacks. So basically you can solve Tilith's mana issue well ahead of time.

500MP + 2 of Cupid Luna's TM. Mean that her AE Recover won't cost any mana. She is going to be beastly.

I honestly may just get 4 instead of 2. They'll work with any character,

tuffymon

Looks like Cupid Luna's TM stacks. So basically you can solve Tilith's mana issue well ahead of time.

500MP + 2 of Cupid Luna's TM. Mean that her AE Recover won't cost any mana. She is going to be beastly.

I honestly may just get 4 instead of 2. They'll work with any character,

That's... absurd, I might pull for more of her after I aim for that heavy body (if he comes out this week)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom