• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Dont be afraid to ask us about anything!

Lapis should only be spent on

- Refills (when you get your rank above 80)

- Summons (Dailies or 11 pulls. Dont do 500 pulls)

- "GOOD" value Bundles - Refer to this thread on what bundles are actually worth your lapis. Case in point..... Never spend Lapis to buy Gil

- Slots - This is huge. One of the best investments you can make. Open up friends slots to use us to clear content. Open up Material slots so you can stockpile mats! Open up UNIT slots so you can stockpile stat pots and catuars! The list goes on and on!
Yeah actually what I primarily use my lapis on is slots for friends, mats and items as someone suggested to me earlier in the thread. But I rarely have even 500 lapis on me. I very rarely get to 300 lapis.

Yeah actually what I primarily use my lapis on is slots for friends, mats and items as someone suggested to me earlier in the thread. But I rarely have even 500 lapis on me. I very rarely get to 300 lapis.

The trick to saving up lapis is... well... to not spend lapis. Play within your NRG means, don't do the daily pulls even as tempting as they are, and make sure you get both the free 50 lapis per day with the daily quests and the 40 per day for doing the arena. Usually one of the daily quests also gives you 5 lapis, so that's 95 per day to save up right there.

Then run all of the story missions you can and get all the rewards you can from there. I know it can be very frustrating in the beginning because of the low NRG, but you will gain rank quickly especially if you focus on the story missions.

I went from having at most 100 lapis at a time to typically having near 5,000 just by getting the daily quests, getting trophy rewards when possible, and making sure to not fall into the daily pull hole.

Shouta

Cecil is a beast tank that can Focus, can curaja and has the best lb un the Game so far.

WoL is a beast tank that can break and has "the light is with us" (covers the attacks of the entire party for 3 turns)

They dont compete, they complement.

As for emperor, he is a Monster debuffing spr and elemental resistances. Dont pull for him though, its not a key unit.

Yep. Cecil is a a different type of tank than Warrior of Light and is used for different purposes. Important thing to remember is that Cecil is support/tank hybrid. He buffs, dispels, and heals the party. Warrior of Light can debuff the enemy and buff a bit but has to provoke to draw attacks to him. The Light is with us is an AOE cover but it had a lower activation rate (50%) and he didn't get very much in the way of damage reduction, so WoL would get destroyed if he used it in big fights. He should be much more capable now though. I haven't used Cecil in awhile but that's because many fights now require you to specifically get damage targeted on you and you need a damage reduction ability rather than healing. Earth Veritas has been my go to for that.

I am hyped for Tidus enhancements especially in lieu of getting Fraternity yesterday and figuring out he chains with Randi extremely well.

Zalasta

Been pulling crap lately: Anzelm, Shadow, Cyan, Duane, Golbez. Haven't seen a banner unit yet.

Haven''t tried the ELT trial of love. Might have to spend some gigantaurs on maxing out Cerius for the event.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If we are lucky to get the FFII banner this week, it means FFZero 2 is next week.... meaning we are 4 weeks from O-Day.

Soon.... half of you will be praising godlandu, the other half will be quitting. :p

Shouta

If we are lucky to get the FFII banner this week, it means FFZero 2 is next week.... meaning we are 4 weeks from O-Day.

Soon.... half of you will be praising godlandu, the other half will be quitting. :p

The coming of all the gods, you mean. Got gods for each element!

Pejo

Well, ELT valentine's event was way easier than I was preparing for. Dual cast Refia with Carbuncle esper is just really, stupid good. 1 and 2 round KO'd all of the bosses, no deaths. Probably could have 1 rounded them all if I would have remembered to unequip elemental weapons and brought another DPS instead of Cecil.

Imperil was the MVP for me on this run, to make my Noctis actually hit worth a damn with Chiri equipped.

I feel like other than Grind events, Gumi has been nailing it with the other events lately. This was a great "pick your route" dungeon, and I really loved the Lunar New Year daily challenge dungeon.

Pachimari

Really sucks how hard it is to come by Litrock. Especially as it seems Siren Tower is the easiest place to steal or get it. Or Fulan Pass. And I don't even get a Litrock every time and when I do get one it's only one. And I need 25 of those. Zzz... Phantom Forest also didn't give me more than x2 Heaven's Ash that I needed, so at least that place for something.

Muku

Really sucks how hard it is to come by Litrock. Especially as it seems Siren Tower is the easiest place to steal or get it. Or Fulan Pass. And I don't even get a Litrock every time and when I do get one it's only one. And I need 25 of those. Zzz... Phantom Forest also didn't give me more than x2 Heaven's Ash that I needed, so at least that place for something.

You always get large amounts when you aren't looking for them. I dunno though, isn't the Vortex Awakening chamber better for this stuff? At least that's where I used to farm them. Anyone have a better idea?

Edit: Well, spent a little over half the Cactaur on my Alt from event to max out my fresh WoL. Went to Fat Chocobo and got him a Shield as well. Bought Axe for Delita so that Mighty Hammer could be passed down to WoL. I have work on WoL. Gotta save up for enough for a Black Belt for him. (And Cecil.) But I think I can at least have two nice tanks at my disposal. With at least one being able to Break stuff. Time to save back up on alt and finish buying the little bit I need now. Anything left over will fill my coffers again.

Trust me

Keep progressing through the game... Youll be swimming in them

As you get further in the story rare mats quickly become.... not rare at all

eggydoo

I get tons when farming TM Earth Shrine. At least I think I do :)

LuuKyK

They are pretty common in the pre water shrine stages in the story mode. Try farming those.

Pachimari

I tried farming the Earth Shrine on the first Island but got nothing of use the multiple times I tried. I might just progress through the story and naturally get them, instead of fixating too much on awakening my WoL right now.

[edit] Yup tried the Earth Shrine on the first Island again, both entrance and exit and got no Litrocks. I'll just continue on with the story quests.

Alkez

I'll ask again, why would you think we won't be getting it this week? Firion upgrade + no event come Friday + SoM banner ending surely means FF2 no?

And I'll only be doing dailies for Orlandu so I guess I'm in the 1% that's neither lol.

Neekaw

I tried farming the Earth Shrine on the first Island but got nothing of use the multiple times I tried. I might just progress through the story and naturally get them, instead of fixating too much on awakening my WoL right now.

[edit] Yup tried the Earth Shrine on the first Island again, both entrance and exit and got no Litrocks. I'll just continue on with the story quests.

Litrock only comes from the TM rewards at Earth Shrine, not from regular drops.

Celegus

Yeah but I'm not getting any Litrocks from that. I think it might be easier through the Chamber of Awakening since I just got one from there.

I doubt any of your trust mastery %'s are high enough at this point to see the bonus very often. There's a chance on story maps to get an extra item at the end of a battle depending on how high that unit's trust mastery is. Once they're pretty high, you'll get something most every time. I'd recommend just keep progressing through the story as much as you can, you're bound to get almost all awakening mats that way. The only thing I ever had an issue with is sacred crystals.

Azuran

Banned
So is HP/MP equipment the best way to gear Ling? I'm guessing she doesn't need any ATK or MAG since all she's doing is pure support except for the occasional attack.

Xion86

Yeah but I'm not getting any Litrocks from that. I think it might be easier through the Chamber of Awakening since I just got one from there.

I'd happily give some stacks to you :( I've sold quite a few 99 stacks but seem to keep hold of more than I need still haha. So I found Litrocks really tough to get hold of during the first few months of the game, it was the one thing I kept lacking during Awakening and was a grind to collect. I remember having to farm at Sirens Tower I think and got a few drops from there which would top me up. But then as you play through the game more and when the events come around, they just stack up!

mxrsvRXl.png

Well my second Growth Egg is out the way, fused 3 Medius together for it. Will come in handy if I need some quick grinding when I get a new unit I need to max out for an event or something:

CgkHeQxl.png

Here is my brand new TM farming team:

iIsz1KOl.png

(Second Dual Wield by fusing both together)

I'd happily give some stacks to you :( I've sold quite a few 99 stacks but seem to keep hold of more than I need still haha. So I found Litrocks really tough to get hold of during the first few months of the game, it was the one thing I kept lacking during Awakening and was a grind to collect. I remember having to farm at Sirens Tower I think and got a few drops from there which would top me up. But then as you play through the game more and when the events come around, they just stack up!

mxrsvRXl.png

Well my second Growth Egg is out the way, fused 3 Medius together for it. Will come in handy if I need some quick grinding when I get a new unit I need to max out for an event or something:

CgkHeQxl.png

Here is my brand new TM farming team:

iIsz1KOl.png

(Second Dual Wield by fusing both together)

haha im doing the same thing!

grinding out a couple fast growth eggs and moving to my fast dupe TMs

Alkez

So is HP/MP equipment the best way to gear Ling? I'm guessing she doesn't need any ATK or MAG since all she's doing is pure support except for the occasional attack.

That's the route I'm going. I'm looking at 3 HP + 30% and 1 MP + 30% in the ability slots. Gear I'm thinking survival edge, Minerva bustier, cat hood, and 2 domination rings (whenever we get the new rings).

I hope we get a few global exclusive twists to the FF2 banner and event

I feel like its been the best thing the global version has going for it to exit JP's shadow

Prototype

I'm kind of glad I came into this game during the SoM banner, as I've never been a big SoM fan, so it's been rather easy to avoid the temptation to pull on this banner.

But if cross overs are a thing... and they ever do a Chrono Trigger collaboration... it's over lol
for my wallet
In the realm of reality tho, id most like to see FF7 (cloud and Vincent) and 8 (Squall and Edea) Since 4 and 6 are covered for the most part.

All the characters I grew up with were from 4,6,7,8 which was my main time with the game, after 8 I started falling away from the series and imo, only 12 has been good since then.

Other than a few characters here and there that are needed to clear the harder content, I'd really just like to have characters I like.

Speaking of, I read something about Setzer coming up soon? Just rumors, or something based off how JP FFBE rolled him out? If he's coming soon, that would something I'd pull hard for.

Yes, you read that correctly, Setzer makes me want to pull hard. ;P

Edit.
What characters are you guys pining for? Or is your favorite already in the game? If so, do you actively use him/her?

the next characters ill go hard for

Esper Terra
Setzer
Knight Delita
Mercenary Ramza

thats my short list for now

Orlandu, Oran, Meliadoul, Ovelia, Gau etc...

no shortage of units i want to collect

Prototype

the next characters ill go hard for

Esper Terra
Setzer
Knight Delita
Mercenary Ramza

thats my short list for now

Orlandu, Oran, Meliadoul, Ovelia, Gau etc...

no shortage of units i want to collect

Woah, Esper Terra?
I figured they'd just change her sprite at 6*, but they are going to make an entirely new character? I'm not complaining at all, but that's really badass.
Putting her on the list.

Valentus

Woah, Esper Terra?
I figured they'd just change her sprite at 6*, but they are going to make an entirely new character? I'm not complaining at all, but that's really badass.
Putting her on the list.

And she is a beastly wizzard.

Before enhancements, esper tina puts Majin fina and exdeath to shame.

Valentus

So what can we expect of Next banner?

First of all, probably, PROBABLY, Will be a 5 unit banner (emperor, leonhart, Guy, firion, maria) one 5star, one 4star, three 3star. So the chances of getting what you all want (leonhart) Will be slower than last 3 banners 4star units.

As for the New units:

Guy : canilla damage dealer unit. TM just like amarant, but with extra 10% atk, what i think is useless because a unit Who you Will put a +30% HP materia doesnt give a fuck about atk

Leonhart: dark physical damage. But not dark crappy attacks like DKC or gaffgarion. Real useful dark attacks. Can get +50% atk with sword equipped. His TM is the New shiny thing everybody is talking about. That TM screams yun and Gilgamesh. And if It can be stacked... Oh my god.

Emperor: dual black Magic. Firaga, thundaga, blizzaga, aeroga and flare. Thats his spells that can be dualcasted.

As for his skills: hellfire is a fire element dystopia that can reach 2000% damage un the 10th cast. Can give himself +100% mag and can give -40% spr to all enemies.

Also has -75% chance of being targeted.

His TM... A rod that has 109 mag and +10% HP... Not Big deal.

For me, only daily and 2 tickets each day... Maybe, maybe a 11 pull the first day. Nothing more.

robotuw

First of all, probably, PROBABLY, Will be a 5 unit banner (emperor, leonhart, Guy, firion, maria) one 5star, one 4star, three 3star. So the chances of getting what you all want (leonhart) Will be slower than last 3 banners 4star units.

I'd almost be relieved if that's it. Leo's TM is amazing but I don't have a unit that could truly benefit from it (I guess Lightning could?). The rest don't interest me so I might just ignore the whole banner.

Edit.
What characters are you guys pining for? Or is your favorite already in the game? If so, do you actively use him/her?

I know it's not always the most popular FF game, but the only character I would consider breaking from my F2P ways for is Squall. I would pull hardcore for that dude.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

As for the New units:

Guy : canilla damage dealer unit. TM just like amarant, but with extra 10% atk, what i think is useless because a unit Who you Will put a +30% HP materia doesnt give a fuck about atk

Leonhart: dark physical damage. But not dark crappy attacks like DKC or gaffgarion. Real useful dark attacks. Can get +50% atk with sword equipped. His TM is the New shiny thing everybody is talking about. That TM screams yun and Gilgamesh. And if It can be stacked... Oh my god.

Emperor: dual black Magic. Firaga, thundaga, blizzaga, aeroga and flare. Thats his spells that can be dualcasted.

As for his skills: hellfire is a fire element dystopia that can reach 2000% damage un the 10th cast. Can give himself +100% mag and can give -40% spr to all enemies.

For me, only daily and 2 tickets each day... Maybe, maybe a 11 pull the first day. Nothing more.

Cough, Luneth, Cough. For Giglamesh and Luneth, it is another Blade Mastery basically since they'll most likely have Demon Mail and the Enhancer is an easily obtainable sword, where they both get ATK+ a sword anyways

Any of the other TM Swords like Delita's will just put it heads and shoulders above all else.

I.E. Luneth gets his 20% from the Sword, on top of the 20 and 30% from the Armor + Sword. Giglamesh gets his 30%, + the 20 and 30. The TM on Luneth should add about 96 ATK and 85 on Giglamesh potted.

Nor do I think Yun can equip Swords.

across

Any Randi owners are going to want to pull for Leon as well, just so everyone is on the same page.

Also, I sincerely doubt Maria will be on the banner, but I think Firion will be. 4 unit banner. I can't wait to finish Equip Heavy Armor before I pull my first Leon!

c-murph

Any Randi owners are going to want to pull for Leon as well, just so everyone is on the same page.

Also, I sincerely doubt Maria will be on the banner, but I think Firion will be. 4 unit banner. I can't wait to finish Equip Heavy Armor before I pull my first Leon!

I need a Firion. I have all the pieces to make him great.

Lyrian

I hope we get a few global exclusive twists to the FF2 banner and event

I feel like its been the best thing the global version has going for it to exit JP's shadow

Driving home, I had an odd thought along that same vein.

At this point, it is fairly obvious that Gumi wants to create new chase units to get people out of the mindset of pursing expected JP prized units.

So... what happens if a Global exclusive counter/replacement to Tilith shows up? Might happen at some point as all the buzz at the moment on Reddit is about farming refresh rings in preparation for 6* Tilith. That would be quite an ideal situation in which for Gumi to throw Global yet another curve ball.

bonkeng

As for the New units:

Wait, why Yun? He can't equip sword and heavy armor :/

Leon's TM is perfect for Luneth and Greg. Also good Randi.

I'm hoping I can pull atleast 2.

across

At this point, it is fairly obvious that Gumi wants to create new chase units to get people out of the mindset of pursing expected JP prized units.

So... what happens if a Global exclusive counter/replacement to Tilith shows up? Might happen at some point as all the buzz at the moment on Reddit is about farming refresh rings in preparation for 6* Tilith. That would be quite an ideal situation in which for Gumi to throw Global yet another curve ball.

6* Minwu? I'd pull for him.

It'd be cool to see some actual paradigm shift units in Global - so far you could really only say Ling and maybe the christmas units. I guess Black Cat Lid was very useful for a time for people without a big hitter unit.

With the timing of this recent set of enhancements in Japan, I wonder if they're going to start getting overtly cute with incentivizing Global pulls for 5* bases that will potentially become useful, combined with shifting the schedule releases to facilitate that. I refuse to believe the timing of Emperor's enhancements is a coincidence. How relevant that will be to the (correctly?) physical-focused Global community is anyone's guess. (I'm anyone, and my guess is 'not very')

Ken

that's for the 30% atk with sword right since randi cant wear heavy armor

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Wait, why Yun? He can't equip sword and heavy armor :/

Leon's TM is perfect for Luneth and Greg. Also good Randi.

I'm hoping I can pull atleast 2.

I think it will let Greg regain the top slot for ATK. It also opens up a lot more options and makes a far easier to obtain, higher ATK version.

Now Ramza's Brave Suit is second on units that can equip HA, by quite a bit.

On Greg, Ramza's Suit will add 25ATK, Demon Mail is a flat 10ATK. But using this TM, Greg will gain an extra 34ATK. Making Demon Mail worth 44 ATK.

Sword Wise, Greg gains an additional 17ATK when using a Sword vs a GS. If you have Delita's TM, Sword is far better. But Enhancer, GS will still end up on top(154 vs 133). But combined with the above, any difference is made up. So basically now with a single TM, you make both the Trial weapons on par with basically the Highest ATK TMs in the game and a base 5* TM.

It will give Luneth a kick in the ass too. Since he gains 20% from Swords and can equip DM.

The option to this banner is Shine, whose TM is basically as good. 30% with 10% chance to dodge. The lower end two units are 15%ATK/HP and 10%ATK/30%HP. It's one of the few banners you can't lose on TMs. Either you get more ATK, more versatility ATK TMs, or ones that add on More HP in place in ATK. Which is just as important of a stat as ATK.

evangd007

If they want to do that then they should stop making the GL exclusive units event limited and add them to the general pool. That way we might get enough 5* bases to make them remove troll rainbows before 2018.

Edit.

I'd whale for an Auron/Lulu banner.

leehom

Marie just smacked me in arena. Sucks that one character can totally change the whole tide of battle. I'm looking at you Noctis and Marie.

Prototype

I know it's not always the most popular FF game, but the only character I would consider breaking from my F2P ways for is Squall. I would pull hardcore for that dude.
I can't even image how cool the Squall sprite will look.

That's actually one of the things that has impressed me most. The spritework in this game is amazing. It's like what the PSP Remaster of 4 *should* have looked like. I also absolutely love that they are willing to play with size. Having smaller and larger sprites really brings the characters to life, as opposed to something like Record Keeper (which I played for awhile when it launched but didn't like enough to stick with it) where all the characters are the same squat size.

Edit
I'd whale for an Auron/Lulu banner.
Yes for Lulu. Her design was one of the best things about 10 imo. It's completely stupid but the first time I saw the belt dress I just thought it was so cool (if impractical) and the novelty of it has just never worn off.

bonkeng

I think it will let Greg regain the top slot for ATK. It also opens up a lot more options and makes a far easier to obtain, higher ATK version.

Now Ramza's Brave Suit is second on units that can equip HA, by quite a bit.

On Greg, Ramza's Suit will add 25ATK, Demon Mail is a flat 10ATK. But using this TM, Greg will gain an extra 34ATK. Making Demon Mail worth 44 ATK.

Sword Wise, Greg gains an additional 17ATK when using a Sword vs a GS. If you have Delita's TM, Sword is far better. But Enhancer, GS will still end up on top(154 vs 133). But combined with the above, any difference is made up. So basically now with a single TM, you make both the Trial weapons on par with basically the Highest ATK TMs in the game and a base 5* TM.

It will give Luneth a kick in the ass too. Since he gains 20% from Swords and can equip DM.

The option to this banner is Shine, whose TM is basically as good. 30% with 10% chance to dodge. The lower end two units are 15%ATK/HP and 10%ATK/30%HP. It's one of the few banners you can't lose on TMs. Either you get more ATK, more versatility ATK TMs, or ones that add on More HP in place in ATK. Which is just as important of a stat as ATK.

Greg can't wear clothes though. So no Brave Suit for him.

But yeah, Leon's TM really boosts his atk quite a lot. If my calculations are right, his atk should be between 430 to 440, depending on if you have Infernal Armlet or not. Just enough to dethrone Yun as the highest atk in GL. Luneth will leapfrog Noctis and Randi to take 3rd place.

Randi can't equip heavy armor.

Yep. That's why I said it's good on him too, but not great. He still get the 30% passives with a sword equipped.

tuffymon

Frick... I thought I only needed 2 of those bodies... but I have Lightning, Gilgamesh, AND Luneth... I... I know I won't get that many... please just 1? please? T.T

I forgot Lightning could use it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom