• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

NomarTyme

Not yet. I have to do the long version of that fight but that still requires me to have a +2 Singing Ramza to get through unless I really want to put time in and do the fight meticulously. Even with that Ramza it's like a 2+ hour fight, lol. I have units that you can use to get around the fight but it just takes so much time.

Wow, that is insane. Hope Alim/Gumi knows that this is a mobile game!

CCIE

Banned
I usually go for midrange teams... but you can run into whales there as well. I'll go after a top team with ExDeath, or Luneth from time to time. I stay away from Elza and Light for the most part, and it's luck from there...

If I find a team I can beat, I will run against them over and over and over...

Celegus

Quick question, are you going for top teams on your list by any chance? I usually just stick to mid to low teams so that I don't run into teams with all top attacking units. Keeps me in under 30k position and I don't worry too much about losing too much ground

That's been my strategy too, trying for 3k is way too much work. I just do enough to coast by in the 30k range. I was finally able to avoid any crashes this week and thankfully did my 100 streak today!

Iceman829

Actually, I just changed my strategy, and it seems to work very well... First turn I Osmose any Lightning, Gilgamesh, Elza (she's number one priority), or Luneth on the other side. If I go second, one or two osmose while Refia revives Arc ( glass cannon ). By turn three I can start nuking everything around.

Fights are longer, but I just won five in a row against good competition.

Osmose works great. I was doing that in battles before I was petrifying them. A unit that has no mp can't hurt you that much. Sadly all the 5* bases can refresh mp each round

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- we're now at 6 days exactly from when I purchased lapis and I have yet to see my fucking lapis or my god damned money back. this SUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKSS

-- that said i'm considering purchasing more so i can try an 11 pull for noctis. then just ask for a refund from Apple. under no circumstances should any company hold your money that long without delivering.

-- noctis y'allll

-- see a lot of handwringing about not having 5* bases and the arena. i've seen your units. i've seen your talent and effort. i know what i have. I KNOW I DON'T HAVE ANY 5* BASES. you can handle the arena just fine.

-- truly: should i just ask apple for a refund at this point?

CCIE

Banned
Panther - I would tell GUMI you are going to ask Apple for a refund. Give them 24-48 hours to respond. Then do so. Document everything, including all correspondence with support. CYA

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Panther - I would tell GUMI you are going to ask Apple for a refund. Give them 24-48 hours to respond. Then do so. Document everything, including all correspondence with support. CYA

i kinda want to dare them to ban me for asking for a refund

(but really i just want to pull units)

chrono01

+1

That way you have proof that you were going to demand a refund from Apple, and if Gumi still continues to ignore you, then you are completely justified to that refund.

Oh, to anyone who has their Lapis count currently ending in "0" that haven't yet claimed their 5 free Lapis for the gear daily, DON'T DO IT! If you do you'll be forever stuck at "5", with no way to correct it (until they add in ways to spend Lapis by 5, or offer a new daily that will reward you with 5). I know it would bother me.

Muku

+1

That way you have proof that you were going to demand a refund from Apple, and if Gumi still continues to ignore you, then you are completely justified to that refund.

Oh, to anyone who has their Lapis count currently ending in "0" that haven't yet claimed their 5 free Lapis for the gear daily, DON'T DO IT! If you do you'll be forever stuck at "5", with no way to correct it (until they add in ways to spend Lapis by 5, or offer a new daily that will reward you with 5). I know it would bother me.

Think the Colosseum one gave 5 today. They're trying to help even people out? Or does it mean that one is always going to give 5 from here on out and I should skip it because 5 pisses me off.

-- we're now at 6 days exactly from when I purchased lapis and I have yet to see my fucking lapis or my god damned money back. this SUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKSS

-- that said i'm considering purchasing more so i can try an 11 pull for noctis. then just ask for a refund from Apple. under no circumstances should any company hold your money that long without delivering.

-- noctis y'allll

-- see a lot of handwringing about not having 5* bases and the arena. i've seen your units. i've seen your talent and effort. i know what i have. I KNOW I DON'T HAVE ANY 5* BASES. you can handle the arena just fine.

-- truly: should i just ask apple for a refund at this point?

CYA so GUMI doesn't get a hissy fit. Though, tell them you're willing to forgive if they straight up give you Noctis. XD

CCIE

Banned
Damnit, Chrono! I guess I will never, ever run out of lapis now. Would have been nice to see that this morning before doing dailies

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
haha i really am going to ask for compensation above and beyond my lapis though. like, 20 tickets or just noctis and we'll call it even.

chrono01

Think the Colosseum one gave 5 today. They're trying to help even people out? Or does it mean that one is always going to give 5 from here on out and I should skip it because 5 pisses me off.
I didn't do the Coliseum daily yet today, since I did the other five instead, but you're absolutely right. It does award 5 Lapis. That's strange, maybe it's a permanent thing now or just for today?

Damnit, Chrono! I guess I will never, ever run out of lapis now. Would have been nice to see that this morning before doing dailies
There's still hope, do your Coliseum daily! Unless you did it already, and are still at "5".

Sorry, I was planning on posting it earlier today, but it completely slipped my mind. :(

Vamphuntr

Is Agrias better than Vaan? Been using maxed out Vaan since forever but I pulled Agrias recently. I'm just wondering who will get the 6* star update first.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
This to you Chrono

eTJzpoC.png

Theorycraft question:

What's the best build for arena offense, but which utterly lacks defense so that other teams can steamroll me?

Like, I think we're all of a similar mind in this thread, so maybe we can generate some ideas that are beneficial for us while simultaneously not being terrible for others that face us. For instance, I probably can replace one of Lightning, Luneth, and Greg with Call of Duty (because she can be Raised). And we can avoid using Cecils, equip elemental weapons that can be resisted, and not use premium TMs like Dualcast?

... makes me wish we'd have equipment/TMs by party rather than unit.

Celegus

Is Agrias better than Vaan? Been using maxed out Vaan since forever but I pulled Agrias recently. I'm just wondering who will get the 6* star update first.

Vaan's should be first, but I've heard it's not great. Agrias seems like the better choice in the long run, but her 6* won't be for a while.

Kozmo

As twilight set on this FFXIII event, I realized I might never ever get Lightning, so in an uncontrollable rage, I did two 10+1 pulls.

I ended up getting LIGHTNING on the second pull!
(sorry Chrono)

Also got the rest of the FFXIII characters I was missing:
-Snow (not really interested in him, not sure why)
-Fang (ditto)

And got my second Lyudmille too. :)

I don't even know where to begin now. And I'm out of lapis for Noctis.

chrono01

As twilight set on this FFXIII event, I realized I might never ever get Lightning, so in an uncontrollable rage, I did two 10+1 pulls.

(sorry Chrono)

-Fang (ditto)

No need to apologize at all!

Congrats, I'm happy for you. :)

bonkeng

(sorry Chrono)

-Fang (ditto)

This could've been Noctis if you held out a few hours :p

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
For the record I don't need to give Gumi any kind of warning. I've given more than enough time. I just figure if I'm nice maybe I really will get a little bonus.

(sorry Chrono)

-Fang (ditto)

Congrats on the lightning and others, that's exciting!

leehom

I almost forgot about this, thanks for reminding me. +5 lapis redeemed.

Muku

(sorry Chrono)

-Fang (ditto)

HTF did you not get a Fang. The bitch dropped like water.

Zafir

I got a ridiculous amount of Fangs in my attempt to get Lightning. (That was from about 10-12 tickets and a 10+1 pull as well as some dailies)

Her TM is nearly half way I'm sure. Even more annoying considering her TM isn't even that good!

EDarkness

I didn't either, though I only did dailies. Oh well!

Sadly, I wouldn't have gotten her either, but I decided to blow a few tickets to get her. It's surprising how many I had to use before I did. The bastard game didn't want me to get characters from this banner except Sazh.

Kozmo

I didn't either, though I only did dailies. Oh well!

Same. My dailies consisted of an all-star trollgold team of gold Sabin, Edgar, Edge, and other trash.

As an aside, how do you set ONE particular unit as your shared unit? I have my 5 parties set up for different purposes, each with a different leader. How do I prevent my friends from seeing say my Zidane or whomever?

Same. My dailies consisted of an all-star trollgold team of gold Sabin, Edgar, Edge, and other trash.

As an aside, how do you set ONE particular unit as your shared unit? I have my 5 parties set up for different purposes, each with a different leader. How do I prevent my friends from seeing say my Zidane or whomever?

In the options somewhere you can set a companion party, that makes it so the leader of that party is the one you share!

Iceman829

Home -> Menu (top right) -> Options -> Scroll to the bottom and then you can select companion, colosseum and arena parties. Companion party will use that leader

Whales

Banned
after a little bit of thinking, I think im gonna usemy lapis on noctis instead of orlandu

convince me otherwise, gaf! I have a team of gilgamesh, light, cecil, refia and agrias ( and I also have some other chars like bartz, exdeath, chizuru, who i dont use)

You guys think noct fits my team better or orlandu? I dont know much about orlandu tbh

UrSuLeTzU

First barrage get! Now my 400atk dual wielding(thorn mace+ winged saint) Snow can deliver 32 poison punches in the arena, MUHAHAHA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom