• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

He's looking to be very...very strong.

The thing is, Noctis' banner has a lot of great units on it. Chizuru/Mercedes/Charlotte, whereas with Orlandu it's really..just Orlandu. If you want Orlandu, and we all do, it's probably best to wait until he comes back a second time and try then, when he's alongside more desirable characters. My plan is to go all-out for Noctis (but save enough Lapis for continued daily pulls) and then start saving for when Orlandu returns (or we get Rikku's banner, alongside the return of Tidus).

I hope tomorrow is a good day for my fellow base-less 5* crowd. :(
:/

We got this chrono! Going to spend at least 25-30 tickets on this banner, please something good! Noctis looks so sick!

Noctis will be my first 5*....BELIEVE yours too, Chrono! It's about time the game throws us a bone! At least I get a stab at finally getting Chizu and apparently Mercedes can be decent while trying to get him.

Valentus

Actually, I'd like to see everyone pull a Noctis, that would be the ideal outcome. But man, I just want a 5*. Noctis seems like he'd be perfect for that, covering so much utility. I know it's crazy talk, but I have:

Tilith
Garnet
Chizuru
Exdeath x2
Firion x2
Garland
Fencer
Juggler
Zidane
Cloud of Darkness x2
Ludmille x6
Charlotte x2
Snow x2
Warrior of Light
Cecil
Bartz

And many...many more characters, and I'm still considering re-rolling for Noctis. :/

How the hell is possible that you can have a good party with those units?!?!?!

Bartz
Cecil
Chorizo
Cloud of Darkness
Well... here you need a refia, how you cant pull one??

The fact is, pot'd units grow in attack very well. If you dont draw a top tier unit in this banner, start potting your bartz and chorizo, youll see the difference.

I know that pots, and specially ATK pots, are very rare, but with pots, the lack of equip is less evident.

Cheer up chrono and CCIE, you can do it. And pull with faith tomorrow. The banner is amazing and its worth to go all Ham for it.

CCIE

Banned
Chrono - I have considered rerolling for Noctis as well, but after doing three weeks of TM's I think I'd delete the app before doing it all yet again. I'll just hope to pull a Chizuru or a Mercedes, and plod along, putting the next batch of TM's in the oven so that maybe in a month or two I can clear the 2H Dragon. Maybe...

Oh, and my units are nothing to sneeze at. They aren't to the level of the whales on this board, but soon I will have a "Dolphin" Lightning with an ATK in the upper 600's. I need BM to break that barrier, though. And I'm going to make my Refia into something really hard to kill... Close to 100% elemental resistance by the time I am done, and as much HP as I can put on her, with the Aegis shield to boot

But this game is all about luck on pulls, for both units and TM's. Valentus and other whales on here have been invaluable, but at some point I'd like to have a team that can hold it's own. I'm going to need a little "luck" to get there at this point.

c-murph

We got this chrono! Going to spend at least 25-30 tickets on this banner, please something good! Noctis looks so sick!

I haven't played FFXV yet so no Noctis hype lives within me. I'm not sure if I'm even going to do dailies. I already have 5 Charlottes to combine for H Shield some day maybe soon.

Azuran

Banned

The thing is, Noctis' banner has a lot of great units on it. Chizuru/Mercedes/Charlotte, whereas with Orlandu it's really..just Orlandu. If you want Orlandu, and we all do, it's probably best to wait until he comes back a second time and try then, when he's alongside more desirable characters. My plan is to go all-out for Noctis (but save enough Lapis for continued daily pulls) and then start saving for when Orlandu returns (or we get Rikku's banner, alongside the return of Tidus).

I hope tomorrow is a good day for my fellow base-less 5* crowd. :(

Actually, I'd like to see everyone pull a Noctis, that would be the ideal outcome. But man, I just want a 5*. Noctis seems like he'd be perfect for that, covering so much utility. I know it's crazy talk, but I have:

Tillith
Garnet
Chizuru
Exdeath x2
Firion x2
Garland
Fencer
Juggler
Zidane
Ludmille x6
Charlotte x2
Warrior of Light
Cecil
Bartz

And many...many more characters, and I'm still considering re-rolling for Noctis. :/

Geez chrono, don't do it. You have all the tools you need in there to be a powerhouse. Dualcast, Tillith, Dual Wield, two tanks. Re-rolling for a unit is going to set you back in more ways than once considering you have been playing since Day 1.

I know it sucks but you will get your day in the limelight someday. It wasn't long ago that I posted this here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=223040495&postcount=9270

Now look at me, I manage to daily pull not one but TWO base 5* in the span of a month without spending a single cent. I kget is pretty tiring and frustrating to constantly hear this, but all it really takes is some time and patience. For all we know, you could pull Noctis and Orlandu within the next month.

Whales

Banned

oh man

kinda feeling like blowing everything on him instead of orlandu....

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Chrono, I really hope you get a Noctis. You deserve it more than anyone here. You know that.

I'll take 10 Analzems in a row for you to get a Noctics, with an additional 5 Bediles on top.

CCIE

Banned
As much as it pains me to say it, if I had to give up a guaranteed Noctis so Chrono could have it I would. I hope he pulls well tomorrow...

Valentus

I am going hard on this banner. Will never blow everything again, though. I remember WoL

that will not be the same case. The WoL fiasco was when there was no 10+1, so it was hard to get yellow crystals.

Do it, you will get a base 5star. I dont know if noctis, but will not leave of this banner empty handed.

CCIE

Banned
Valentus,

I currently have thirty tickets and more than 18000 lapis. Cleared two more trophies today... I am seriously considering doing multiple 10+1 pulls tomorrow. I guess we'll see what the tickets bring first. I need a lot of my lapis for TM's... And they need to have a special on lapis soon so I can refill.

I'm only gonna use 20 tickets until I get Mercedes, if I don't then that's that, I aint gonna Tillith'd again.(all tickets, two 11 pulls and came away with nothing)

chrono01

I wish us both luck. :)

Noctis will be my first 5*....BELIEVE yours too, Chrono! It's about time the game throws us a bone! At least I get a stab at finally getting Chizu and apparently Mercedes can be decent while trying to get him.
I will try to be believe. Cautiously optimistic, as much as I can be.

I wish you luck, as well. We do need a bone, something nice and juicy. And boney.

How the hell is possible that you can have a good party with those units?!?!?!

Bartz
Cecil
Chorizo
Cloud of Darkness
Well... here you need a refia, how you cant pull one??

The fact is, pot'd units grow in attack very well. If you dont draw a top tier unit in this banner, start potting your bartz and chorizo, youll see the difference.

I know that pots, and specially ATK pots, are very rare, but with pots, the lack of equip is less evident.

Cheer up chrono and CCIE, you can do it. And pull with faith tomorrow. The banner is amazing and its worth to go all Ham for it.
I know I can put together an above-average team with my current set of units, but with content out (like the recently buffed, hopefully an error on Gumi's part) Two-Headed Dragon, an above-average team won't really cut it (pun intended?). Above all, it's about the principal of not having a 5* base. To those that haven't played as long as I have, and still don't have at least one, it's terribly frustrating. I don't really care if I never get another after my initial one, I just need my first! Please, not Delita though, as decent as he is he's not exactly one of my wanted characters.

As for not having Refia, I have no idea. I pulled so much on her banner and didn't get a single one. It's why I was so depressed going into the BF banner, but thankfully I managed a Tilith. Refia still eludes me, though.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I hope tomorrow is a good day for many of us.

Chrono - I have considered rerolling for Noctis as well, but after doing three weeks of TM's I think I'd delete the app before doing it all yet again. I'll just hope to pull a Chizuru or a Mercedes, and plod along, putting the next batch of TM's in the oven so that maybe in a month or two I can clear the 2H Dragon. Maybe...

Oh, and my units are nothing to sneeze at. They aren't to the level of the whales on this board, but soon I will have a "Dolphin" Lightning with an ATK in the upper 600's. I need BM to break that barrier, though. And I'm going to make my Refia into something really hard to kill... Close to 100% elemental resistance by the time I am done, and as much HP as I can put on her, with the Aegis shield to boot

But this game is all about luck on pulls, for both units and TM's. Valentus and other whales on here have been invaluable, but at some point I'd like to have a team that can hold it's own. I'm going to need a little "luck" to get there at this point.
Yeah, re-rolling (especially after this far into it) is never an ideal solution. I hope both you and I are successful tomorrow. That goes for the rest of us here at ExviusGAF. Let's hope it's not a day of despair...

Geez chrono, don't do it. You have all the tools you need in there to be a powerhouse. Dualcast, Tillith, Dual Wield, two tanks. Re-rolling for a unit is going to set you back in more ways than once considering you have been playing since Day 1.

I know it sucks but you will get your day in the limelight someday. It wasn't long ago that I posted this here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=223040495&postcount=9270

Now look at me, I manage to daily pull not one but TWO base 5* in the span of a month without spending a single cent. I kget is pretty tiring and frustrating to constantly hear this, but all it really takes is some time and patience. For all we know, you could pull Noctis and Orlandu within the next month.
I'm tempted, but as CCIE said, I'd probably rather quit the game than start all over. As for re-rolling, as much as I'd like to have Noctis, I'd never re-roll my primary account. I know if I did, I'd start to miss the rest of my current units, not to mention all of the lost time I spent with it.

Tomorrow, I'll do two 10+ pulls, save 4k Lapis, and go on as usual. If I pull Noctis, great. If not, I'll survive. That's how I'm trying to look at things. I'm hoping my luck turns around as yours did. I guess anything is possible. :)

oh man

kinda feeling like blowing everything on him instead of orlandu....

Chrono, I really hope you get a Noctis. You deserve it more than anyone here. You know that.

I'll take 10 Analzems in a row for you to get a Noctics, with an additional 5 Bediles on top.
Thanks man, that means a lot. You'd actually be willing to take 10 Anzlems, in addition to 5 Bedile, for me? That sacrifice.

*wipes away a tear*

BTW, not sure if that "Anal"zem was a typo or not. If it wasn't, it makes it even more humorous, haha.

I'll throw 10 Penolos on top of that for you Chrono, I'll be like your FFBE Jesus, Died for your 5*

And 10 Penelo in addition? Your sacrifice knows no bounds!

I really hope tomorrow is a good day and it doesn't come to that. I don't want that on my conscience.

Menchi

I think I'm going to just Daily pull and if no luck by final day, then go all out with all tickets (Only 16...) and my first ever 11 pull, may even attempt a second. I've been completely F2P but Noctis is definitely worth chasing, and the rest of the banner is super useful too.

Alkez

I don't think I could ever reroll at this point. Too much has gone into this account. I may have no 5* bases but I don't want to go through grinding the few tms I have again (dual wield, rising sun, blade mastery), grinding out the 58 trophies I've done again, and most importantly grinding out 15 levels of Cecil's lb again. That would be a killer.

Celegus

I haven't played FFXV yet so no Noctis hype lives within me. I'm not sure if I'm even going to do dailies. I already have 5 Charlottes to combine for H Shield some day maybe soon.

Haven't yet either, but I think I'm in the same boat as CCIE where it will be a christmas gift from the SO. Really pumped for it! Even despite that, I do like the character design and his sprite artwork is gorgeous.

leehom

Don't care for Noctis or Mercedez. Already have two Charlottes and three Chizuru. Won't pull outside of daily.

If there was a Zidane banner, I would drop everything. Need three more so I can have a team full of DW's.

Kouriozan

Just caught up and complete all story missions, RIP my income of Lapis.
Would have finally done the trials now but since they buffed the Dragon.... I'll wait a bit.

leehom

Leehorn - I would settle for one Zidane, and a decent physical attacker to use him with

Don't you have Lightning? She already has innate DW. Relax, you'll pull Chorizo tmr for sure.

A part of the reason why you're lacking characters is because you haven't been pulling! I use all my tickets on the banners I like and always daily pull. The rng jesus is on your side now that we have a fair chance of pulling any character, where as before we were getting 90% bedile, shadow, lani, galuf etc. Cheer up buddy, tomorrow is going to be your day!

sammich

As a F2p I've been extremely lucky. I have a Luneth, Gilgamesh, 5 Chizus, etc etc. No lightning but I can live with that. Only thing I am really really missing right now is a Miyuki? Or a few of her. I need that stinking katana.

On another note, this might not be a popular opinion but I think this was the best event yet. Maybe the drops weren't as high as everyone was hoping, but man the other stuff that came along with it made it Extremely worth it. I think the end tallies so far for me were over 60 sacred, about 30 holy crystals, a tonne of megacities that have almost maxed out all my Esper (other than carb who's still 1 star). I obviously havent cleared out the entire store(maybe I hit 70k moogle) if not I'll use the mats to awaken my chizus to 100.

Menchi

As a F2p I've been extremely lucky. I have a Luneth, Gilgamesh, 5 Chizus, etc etc. No lightning but I can live with that. Only thing I am really really missing right now is a Miyuki? Or a few of her. I need that stinking katana.

On another note, this might not be a popular opinion but I think this was the best event yet. Maybe the drops weren't as high as everyone was hoping, but man the other stuff that came along with it made it Extremely worth it. I think the end tallies so far for me were over 60 sacred, about 30 holy crystals, a tonne of megacities that have almost maxed out all my Esper (other than carb who's still 1 star). I obviously havent cleared out the entire store(maybe I hit 70k moogle) if not I'll use the mats to awaken my chizus to 100.

The first week was awful, but second week was brilliant. Got everything I wanted and even started picking up random items as I had nothing else to buy. I didn't bother with the 70k Moogle as it would have cost more NRG than it was worth in TM %

CCIE

Banned
I pull quite a bit... I have over 130 units right now, of which twenty or so are the useless FP variety... I just am selective about when I pull. I don't pull on banners where the odds aren't good, and I tend to drop dozens of tickets when they are. I choose my spots. I pull until most of the banner units are in my inventory. I don't chase rainbows, though. That might change tomorrow

For example I pulled the last two banners until I had Snow (x2), and Hope (x1). Also pulled Fang and Sazh - didn't get Vanille though. Once I had all the banner characters, I stopped daily pulls for the last four days. Saving those towards this banner

And thanks, good luck to you as well.

I pull quite a bit... I have over 130 units right now, of which twenty or so are the useless FP variety... I just am selective about when I pull. I don't pull on banners where the odds aren't good, and I tend to drop dozens of tickets when they are. I choose my spots. I pull until most of the banner units are in my inventory. I don't chase rainbows, though. That might change tomorrow

And thanks, good luck to you as well.

Definitely, good luck. And, this may be some small consolation, but the Lightning named Megan helped carry me through Hanging Edge with that +100% boost.

On a tangential note, since my parents just sent me an Amazon Gift Card for Christmas, has the Amazon coins purchasing issue been fixed?

CCIE

Banned
Advocatus, you have no idea how happy that makes me. I want my Light to be of use to the community, which is why I'm working so hard on her next four TM's. When I finish them she will have 700+ ATK. But it will be awhile for one of the four. Three should be attainable by around X-Mas.

Flambe

Well I'm glad to see my utter destruction at the hands of the dragon this morning was for a good reason cause I thought my team was pretty okay lol. Made it 7 rounds or so to chop him down to 80 but was running out of mana already so said fuck it and threw auto on and got up to make coffee.

Hyped for tomorrow (let's be honest, tonight) though

My Lightning will always be subpar since the only TM I'll have is dual wield if I ever pull a Zidane.(and dual cast but i had a bunch of Ludmilles and I'm never doing it manually again)

Iceman829

CCIE I know how you feel when it comes to arena, but I've been quite successful in the arena and without a crazy whale pimped out squad. I created a squad that revolves around inflicting status effects on the other team and it has 2 tanks now. I can petrify, blind, poison, silence and put opposing squads to sleep. The other part of being successful is I remember the names of people I fight and that I know that I can beat. These are powerful squads with maxed out units, but their arena defense capability is shit and even if they stack their most powerful attacks I know my team can handle it. People that run squads like x3 Lightning, Gilgamesh, Cecil. x2 Luneth, x2 Gilgamesh, Lightning, Refia. or w/e combos you want I basically add to my mental ignore list. Then there are also several 1.5 teams that don't understand that you can set an arena team / colosseum squad, etc. I often find them and chain some victories off them. I have excel on my phone and any time I find things like this I make notes until I remember them. It sounds dumb for a mobile game, but considering I can't get macros to run TMs my success in the arena has been helping me power up my units. I was completely pissed yesterday in arena because no matter how many times I tried to reset my arena opponents I couldn't match up against anyone over a 1.2 they just wouldn''t show up.

I'm willing to detail my squad and it's equipment and can try to share some units to try and target if this would be helpful. If you need a break from the game because it's wearing on you this week is a good week for it. It's the Maze week so no special equipment or items will be missed out if you need a mental health break. Try not to press so much about progress it will come within time.

As for Noctis I'm not too sure how much I'm willing to throw at him. I'll probably make a decision based on my daily and a few tickets. At some point this week I'll make a 10+1 no matter what though. I think I have about 80+ pulls I can throw at him, but I want to save some at least half to Orlandu/Tidus.

CCIE

Banned
I just ranked up so I have to go get waxed in the Arena five times... Will add you in a bit Killer - have to kick someone first
The arena is a bitch for me, because I have a magic-based team, and the past few weeks have been trying because of it

Iceman - thanks for the tips

Menchi

Finished the 100 Win streak trophy, glad to have it done before the oncoming storm of Noctis x 5

I've added you Killer - Also, if anyone else would like to add me my ID is 800,658,183

Awesome, I'll accept you guys when I log in next! Tomorrow I'll change my unit back to CoD or Exdeath

CCIE I have a magic based arena team and it works decently... Can stay in top 30k at least. I just chain 4 aga's of the same element (usually blizzaga) and my 5th is CoD who I have Barrage. I definitely can lose, especially if they have strong physical, but as long as 4 or so live (or I go first) I usually win. Not sure what you are doing now but might be worth a shot?

eggydoo

Maybe I will have to start cheating as well... there seems to be no bans from it. You cannot tell me anyone got five fully geared Gilgamesh legitimately. There isn't enough time in the day to do it...

Many of those "top" teams have to have been cheating through injections.

I remember during the discussion on reddit where gumi approved nox, it also said they banned some hackers. But I'm sure it was only the obvious cheaters.

CCIE

Banned
Actually, I just changed my strategy, and it seems to work very well... First turn I Osmose any Lightning, Gilgamesh, Elza (she's number one priority), or Luneth on the other side. If I go second, one or two osmose while Refia revives Arc ( glass cannon ). By turn three I can start nuking everything around.

Fights are longer, but I just won five in a row against good competition.

Actually, I just changed my strategy, and it seems to work very well... First turn I Osmose any Lightning, Gilgamesh, Elza (she's number one priority), or Luneth on the other side. If I go second, one or two osmose while Refia revives Arc ( glass cannon ). By turn three I can start nuking everything around.

Fights are longer, but I just won five in a row against good competition.

Quick question, are you going for top teams on your list by any chance? I usually just stick to mid to low teams so that I don't run into teams with all top attacking units. Keeps me in under 30k position and I don't worry too much about losing too much ground

Zhadgon

I was trying to look for Noctis but my question is, does he really worth it even if his TM is nerfed and one of his abilities? Will he still be in the same league as Orlandu and Tidus?

Because I am really thinking in spending 30 tickets for him.

.n_n.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom