• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freed up a few slots myself. 1100+ Olive, 1000+ Orlandu, soon to be 900+ Trance Terra.

408 213 179
6. Cleaned out some friends who haven't played in 3+ weeks. 5 spots open for 120.759.149. Put GAF in your summary if you want added. I rotate Noctis, Yun, and F2P event units.

already full ;_;

anyway friendly reminder gaffer
I usually have my olive... slowly building her, but she's already cruising 700k..
should reach 900 by mid april via tm farming :p

Ken

We should get the next story update soon, I found it weird Sakura talk in the FF VI event and she hasn't officially joined the party yet.

No kidding. I thought I missed Sakura in the last story update and went through my unit list looking for her.

294 days - Rudeboy, Celegus, Lyrian
293 - Raven ... who's Raven?

299 total login days. 299 total consecutive login days. Fuck. I wonder if that corresponds with the iOS launch? I know Android was earlier.

Broseybrose

I'd recommend trying for the murasame, I'm unsure if you have it or not yet... (mog realm, nw building, win the fight... no energy cost, try a few times if you lose~) 61 dmg katana, would boost noctis nicely.

Gotta get the Murasame. Thats the first good (good as in hold on to forever) weapon the game offers you.

I remember making big use of sleep and poison to help win that fight.

fionel

so after sending SE an email and scratching my head for a whole day wondering why I couldn't fuse 2 Setzers together, I got a reply from them within a day and apparently I had them included in one of my 5 arena parties and hence why they did not show up as material. I had no idea I could set up 5 different arena parties now lol

tuffymon

so after sending SE an email and scratching my head for a whole day wondering why I couldn't fuse 2 Setzers together, I got a reply from them within a day and apparently I had them included in one of my 5 arena parties and hence why they did not show up as material. I had no idea I could set up 5 different arena parties now lol

Didn't you say that he wasn't in any party? So did you mix up some setzers or were they wrong or twilight zone playing...?

Lyrian

Ahh, the White Dragon.

Those were the days.

The days when fighting endgame bosses were free to try, there was no Chamber of the Fallen, and beating the white dragon was throwing yourself at it over and over aimlessly hoping to pray that poison and paralyze stuck on it on the first round.

And then... Chizuru arrived and 300 ATK was considered to be absolutely godly. Nowadays, some physical units can pull off 300 ATK almost practically naked.

Good times!

End of the month... which means moogle time!

-- 10% TM moogle from the daily login on the 28th.
-- 10% TM moogle from top 90k monthly from end of month arena.
-- 5% TM moogle for first time clear of Kefka this week.

Yummy.

Tickets down, just got the cheap 6* mats to go. Should be done farming the event tomorrow. Can't see myself chasing the 80k crysts, as I'm still at the point in the game where key TMs are still more valuable to me for a week's worth of TM farming.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
White Dragon? All about the Adv Frost Dragon. Took me two weeks to down him of leveling, prepping, etc.

Game hasn't been a challenge since.

Make Frost Dragon Great Again.

fionel

Didn't you say that he wasn't in any party? So did you mix up some setzers or were they wrong or twilight zone playing...?

It was my bad. I never noticed since last month's patch that you could have not 1, but 5 arena-specific party setups. When that patch rolled out it copied your 5 standard party setups over to the arena party setups and I had both of those Setzers in my TM party then so that got copied over. And since I never realized I could scroll to different parties in arena I thought they were clean. Nope!!!

Lyrian

White Dragon? All about the Adv Frost Dragon. Took me two weeks to down him of leveling, prepping, etc.

Oh, man. You're so right.

ADV Frost Dragon was the destroyer of hopes and dreams for a loooooong time.

Even when PRO Colosseum came out, the people that could get there were well-trained in dealing with Frost Dragon that the extra difficulty was just shrugged off.

Oh wow. Pulled 2B while trying to go for 9S. Still don't have 9S, feels bad. 2B and Dark Veritas a week ago makes up for that horrible 5* dry spell I had. Now just need Ayaka and Cloud/Beatrix/Eileen/Onion Knight from the guaranteed golden week banner and I'll be set.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Even when PRO Colosseum came out, the people that could get there were well-trained in dealing with Frost Dragon that the extra difficulty was just shrugged off.

Back when units were hard to get and you basically had to make due with the core free group + common units and your one good pull.

The two strategies were always use Full Break or Paralysis, but when you couldn't get one of the two units with Full Break since pulling either was on par with a Rainbow. Nor get a unit that can use Blade Bash above 4*. The people with WoL, Vaan, or Chizzy had no problem. Rest had to struggle.

Edgar, Rain and Fina where in my party for like the first 2 months.

Lyrian

Thinking back on that....

No 4* or 5* bases existed at all.
Max awakening was 5*.

You needed Barblizzara, which was only from a silver chest and keys pretty much had to be bought with lapis (which was rare in its own right -- no missions).

The only full breaker in the game was Vaan.

The best healer was Lenna.

The only tank was Cecil.

The only real mage was Exdeath.

Yeah... I remember the threads about rerolling like crazy until pulling at least 2 or 3 of those. Want to say there was one more of the "must have" group from launch, but the name is escaping me at the moment. Bartz?

EDIT: Yeah... Bartz for "godly" barrage at launch, lol.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Thinking back on that....

No 4* or 5* bases existed at all.
Max awakening was 5*.

You needed Barblizzara, which was only from a silver chest and keys pretty much had to be bought with lapis (which was rare in its own right -- no missions).

The only full breaker in the game was Vaan.

The best healer was Lenna.

The only tank was Cecil.

The only real mage was Exdeath.

Yeah... I remember the threads about rerolling like crazy until pulling at least 2 or 3 of those. Want to say there was one more of the "must have" group from launch, but the name is escaping me at the moment. Bartz?

WoL was released with Leanna. WoL had full break was the golden unit along side Chizzy at the time. They were also the only base 4.

Kefka was also around then, who was better than ExDeath at 5*. Solely due to Hyperdrive.

Till Leanna, the only healer was Fina.

Tanks didn't work back then since they couldn't really provoke either or absorb damage. So Cecil was useless outside of being another healer.

Buttz and CoD were the big two DPS at launch, but Chizzy came like a week after and shat from afar.

Basically locked out of Barblizzara too, where you only could get the normal version of it.

This was the first three months till Lightning was released.

I should mention, I used Clyde as my healer till I got Fina... Q_Q

Kids now will never know the struggle with their Noctis and Orlandus of having to use a Clyde.

Lyrian

WoL was released with Leanna. WoL had full break was the golden unit along side Chizzy at the time. They were also the only base 4.

Kefka was also around then, who was better than ExDeath at 5*. Solely due to Hyperdrive.

Till Leanna, the only healer was Fina.

Tanks didn't work back then since they couldn't really provoke either or absorb damage. So Cecil was useless outside of being another healer.

Buttz and CoD were the big two DPS at launch, but Chizzy came like a week after and shat from afar.

Basically locked out of Barblizzara too, where you only could get the normal version of it.

This was the first three months till Lightning was released.

I ran with story units for quite awhile.

I remember Lenna replacing Fina.
Didn't draw Exdeath for a long time, but I remember running Kefka for a quite awhile because of Hyperdrive.
Couldn't draw Bartz or CoD, so I remember running Artemios as well for a long time.

Couldn't draw Vaan, but got WoL as an off-banner gold on the banner directly following his release. Full break pretty much opened the game completely for me at the time.

Barblizzara came out of a silver chest from Wolfsgang Peak Explore. The only way to open those were to buy keys. I remember buying the 30 key pack for 1500 lapis so I could open all the chests on the first isle. Everyone said that was a crazy waste of lapis, but I have no regrets on that. Although long obsolete at this point, the resistance buffs from the silver chests were a HUGE advantage at that point in the game's life.

Cecil + Golem was as good as it got for tanking. WoL was just there for the full break.

I sure remember the incredible salt over WoL's near-rainbow crystal pull rate on his opening banner.

fionel

hehe, I remember having to rely on Anselm/Clyde as a healer. Seeing Rosalia as a random on the companion list was like hitting the jackpot when I had to do the trials :p

tuffymon

I should mention, I used Clyde as my healer till I got Fina... Q_Q
Kids now will never know the struggle with their Noctis and Orlandus of having to use a Clyde.

Barblizzara came out of a silver chest from Wolfsgang Peak Explore. The only way to open those were to buy keys. I remember buying the 30 key pack for 1500 lapis so I could open all the chests on the first isle. Everyone said that was a crazy waste of lapis, but I have no regrets on that. Although long obsolete at this point, the resistance buffs from the silver chests were a HUGE advantage at that point in the game's life.

Cecil + Golem was as good as it got for tanking. .

I totally remember using Clyde with provoke and his 1337 cura and terra was my healer who could nuke if necessary... blade bash with cyan... The struggle back then was very much real...

fionel

Oh wow. Pulled 2B while trying to go for 9S. Still don't have 9S, feels bad. 2B and Dark Veritas a week ago makes up for that horrible 5* dry spell I had. Now just need Ayaka and Cloud/Beatrix/Eileen/Onion Knight from the guaranteed golden week banner and I'll be set.

Hey congrats. I was in a similar situation. Only five 5* base in my roster for having played 550 days and counting. And bam! Right on that 550th day I got a 2B from daily. 2 days later I decided to try my luck on 9S as well and 3 tickets later, I got a Gold, I was like fuck yeah let it be 9S and then out of nowhere it transformed into a rainbow!! I have never ever seen anything transform into a rainbow out of the thousands of pull I've done, and fortunately I got a Tidus out of it (whom I really wanted back then). That totally made my day already but then one single ticket later I got the 9S I was chasing too!

Ken

you were expecting ayaka but it's me

Shouta

Hey congrats. I was in a similar situation. Only five 5* base in my roster for having played 550 days and counting. And bam! Right on that 550th day I got a 2B from daily. 2 days later I decided to try my luck on 9S as well and 3 tickets later, I got a Gold, I was like fuck yeah let it be 9S and then out of nowhere it transformed into a rainbow!! I have never ever seen anything transform into a rainbow out of the thousands of pull I've done, and fortunately I got a Tidus out of it (whom I really wanted back then). That totally made my day already but then one single ticket later I got the 9S I was chasing too!

Dry spells gotta go away sometime.

Rixa

The early days and lack of mana (can't use items in colo) :)

Screenshot_20160626-171330.png

you were expecting ayaka but it's me

Lol, noooooooo.

Congrats, bet that felt good to finally break that dry spell.

I ran with story units for quite awhile.

I remember Lenna replacing Fina.
Didn't draw Exdeath for a long time, but I remember running Kefka for a quite awhile because of Hyperdrive.
Couldn't draw Bartz or CoD, so I remember running Artemios as well for a long time.

Couldn't draw Vaan, but got WoL as an off-banner gold on the banner directly following his release. Full break pretty much opened the game completely for me at the time.

Cecil + Golem was as good as it got for tanking. WoL was just there for the full break.

I sure remember the incredible salt over WoL's near-rainbow crystal pull rate on his opening banner.

Your story is mine.

I remember proudly running Golbez. And yeah, Hyperdrive from Kefka was key. I remember Tellah (MVP!) carrying me through the FFIV event because he had Raise. And I remember both Terra AND Celes (Sealing Blade!) having unmistakable utility.

I miss the straight-up upgrade of Lenna (RIP) to Refia.

Even recently, I banished Raitoningu to Olive, but it didn't feel the same.

So here's to you...

Golbez. Vaan. Zidane. Locke. Leo. Celes. Tellah. Lenna. Rydia. Kain.

Y'all helped me get, through your level 80ness, to where I wanted to be.

across

If we're getting nostalgic about OG 3* base units, it has to be Cloud of Darkness for me.

DW Rising Sun + Thorned Mace CoD carried me through countless Arena weeks, trials, exploration events and Mog King events, ones she should have (Brave Frontier) and ones she shouldn't have (my Hanging Edge MVP). Hell, I put all my first batch of Power Pots into her.

Never forget.

Syntsui

CoD and Kefka are definetely the most important characters for my account. They carried me through most of the content for the longest time, hell, CoD was extremely useful for Ifrit and Kefka is being useful right now.

Best characters.

SeanTSC

My first two Rainbows were 5* Warrior of Light and Garnet on my second (I think) 11 pull when I started in June. They're also my only non-5* base Rainbows.

Those two and Tellah carried me pretty hard. Tellah was especially key in the Colosseum with his ability that predictably used Death in there.

Wtb 6* Tellah.

fionel

JP guranteed 5* banner is up. However I'm still not entirely sure if we're limited to 1 guauranteed 5* per banner or only 1 for all 3 banners??

Too scared to pull. Delita will scar me for life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom