• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

across

Allllllsssoooo, I hope Ovelia isn't Alma 2.0. (AKA Rock Thrower)

All the upcoming units are up on the wiki. Ovelia and Lawrence are 5* cap trash with mediocre TMs. Soleil would probably be pretty good if we hadn't all gotten Ariana and Minfilia, but most of us will have one or both, so she's only going to be useful in some really specific circumstances.

It can't be overstated how much of a complete trap this banner is. It is objectively the worst place to spend Lapis or tickets since the very first month of GL.

When the banner switches on Friday and you're asking yourself, "Should I hurl my hard-earned Lapis down this vortex of sorrow?" you need to do two things:

1) Carefully check the top of your head for a blowhole.
2) Carefully check the bottom of your torso for a tail fin.

If you do not possess either of these distinctive features, consider limiting your expenditure to 7 dailies and a pittance of tickets on day 1 to get your Mog King currency rolling.

Muku

All the upcoming units are up on the wiki. Ovelia and Lawrence are 5* cap trash with mediocre TMs. Soleil would probably be pretty good if we hadn't all gotten Ariana and Minfilia, but most of us will have one or both, so she's only going to be useful in some really specific circumstances.

It can't be overstated how much of a complete trap this banner is. It is objectively the worst place to spend Lapis or Tickets since the very first month of GL.

When the banner switches on Friday and you're asking yourself, "Should I hurl my hard-earned Lapis down this vortex of sorrow?" you need to do two things:

1) Carefully check the top of your head for a blowhole.
2) Carefully check the bottom of your torso for a tail fin.

If you do not possess either of these distinctive features, consider limiting your expenditure to 7 dailies and a pittance of tickets on day 1 to get your Mog King currency rolling.

Ooh, I'm not overall worried about their usefulness. Which I figure is trash tier anyway considering previous talk. I mean just not as useless as her. Just a stab at Alma being so shitty. :(

across

Ooh, I'm not overall worried about their usefulness. Which I figure is trash tier anyway considering previous talk. I mean just not as useless as her. Just a stab at Alma being so shitty. :(

I mean, Ovelia can equip hats and staves, so she's already considerably better than Alma.

You only really need dual wield (which most long term players have now) and Excalibur. But if you don't have Excal there's an event light type greatsword which will do just fine.

Blade mastery is nice to have too to go with the genji blade, but the above is most important.

What weapon(s) were you planning to use on Noctis? Because if you use the event Katana you would "only" need 3 shines TMs to get perfect dodge. But if you had something else in mind then you would need a 4th.

Katana - 10%
2 Six Sided Die/Ring - 40%/45%
3 Quick Assault - 30%
Innate - 20%

I forgot he had 20% innate, lulz. Thanks for refreshing my memory!

Regarding Orlandu, I have set aside some cash and prepared for this with working some OT hours that will be reflected in my pay check come the 24th. Can't believe he's finally here!

I think I will do a 10+1 pull on Orlandu banner. there are just so many units I can get that I dont have.

Once Tidus Rikku arrives I will do another 10+1.

I am trying not to spend money on this game, just playing it as is and sometimes I buy some lapis to do a 10+1 pull.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I stop paying attention a bit to play Breath of the Wild and we're doing raids and prepping for Orlandeu?

How long was I actually gone?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. yay orlandu

2. got yshotola on a raid summon

3. worked my way through my 2nd bracer, now my next set of TMs will be all Yun

4. speaking of TM'ing, i do REALLY like the non-NRG raid cost. if you think about it, it almost justifies all the goofy ass materials we have to keep to outfit new summons.

5. speaking of new summons, NOT a fan of custom/1-unit-only equipment, especially when it requires a bunch of slot space for otherwise useless materials.

6. everyone please stay within your means on the next banner. no use in hurting your IRL finances for this dumb game unless you can afford it. i can't.

Everybody will pull, no one here will resist the peer pressure of a 1300ATK friend Orlandu.

Doing some math with his stats and innate abilites.

Excalibur/Genji Blade
Genji Glove/Bracer
Black Cowl
Brave Suit
3x 30% ATK
1x Blade Mastery
30% Innate
40% Innate with GS

I am getting about 920 with that fully potted. Unless I am missing something.

Azuran

Banned

Excalibur/Genji Blade
Genji Glove/Bracer
Black Cowl
Brave Suit
3x 30% ATK
1x Blade Mastery
30% Innate
40% Innate with GS

Bonus +400 ATK for making us wait.

Syntsui

Excalibur/Genji Blade
Genji Glove/Bracer
Black Cowl
Brave Suit
3x 30% ATK
1x Blade Mastery
30% Innate
40% Innate with GS

Counting Odin, about 980 or 987 (with infernal armlet). Kinda disappointing lol.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I pulled few copies of Minfilia before I had 200k. Hopefully you get those evomats (total of 10 Star Motes). At ~600k points I have 31 Star Motes, not sure how rare those are.

I pulled earlier and got her from the Raid Gacha - so thats good. Now lets see if i can get all of her evo material and hopefully Yshtola.

I asked earler...will there be another shot to get Yshotola or is this a one time thing ?

Muku

Yall wanna know the sad part? I still have 0, that's right... ZERO, Hayate on my main account. I've never even pulled that bitch. Ever. Only reason I know what he looks like is because my alt has gotten 2 or 3 of him.

Gumi... please. He's gotta be like the last damn Blue I'm missing. Hayate. Please.

Yall wanna know the sad part? I still have 0, that's right... ZERO, Hayate on my main account. I've never even pulled that bitch. Ever. Only reason I know what he looks like is because my alt has gotten 2 or 3 of him.

Gumi... please. He's gotta be like the last damn Blue I'm missing. Hayate. Please.

I have ONE of him... its crazy my brother has like 10

Ken

I pulled earlier and got her from the Raid Gacha - so thats good. Now lets see if i can get all of her evo material and hopefully Yshtola.

I asked earler...will there be another shot to get Yshotola or is this a one time thing ?

Ffxiv part two

EDarkness

It's cool that Olandu is gonna be on the banner this week, but I have no intention of trying to get him. I'm gonna burn 5 tickets and do daily pulls only. Hell, I might not even use the tickets. There's no way I'm gonna go chasing him and he'll always be in the game from now on. Besides, I don't have any gear that would make him badass in the first place. Gonna relax and try to get the weapons from this next banner. I want Tidus, though. Will save for his banner!

Finally got Y'shtola today, so I don't need to push so much now. Just need to collect mats now. Gonna try to craft Minf and Y'shtola's gear. Not sure I'll worry about Thancred. Not too interested in him.

Not gonna be able to spend too much time with the upcoming event since this current raid is going on and I want to finish off the gear for the characters. Though, the upcoming event will have a couple of nice weapons, I hope they're not too hard to get. I guess we'll see.

Muku

Ffxiv part two

This may be my only salvation. But it'll probably be out of reach there too. I just want her because cat chick. I won't lie.... played Mithra in FFXI and cat chick in XIV as well. I LIKE BEING A CAT! Don't judge me.

I'm still hoping I can get her from a pull before then. I don't neccessarily need her per se, but I like her and want her. Glad I got Minfilia before I actually got her from rewards. But Y'shtola is just... out of reach unless I get lucky. Time is a factor for me right now I guess. Well that and don't have the units/gear for ELT.

I will say though Minfilia will make some of this stuff easier in future with her resistances. Working on leveling her right now. Got her to like 59 6* at the moment. I don't need Marie now.

evangd007

Everybody will pull, no one here will resist the peer pressure of a 1300ATK friend Orlandu.

I used all my luck getting Queen last banner and Orlandu's sword in RK. Ticket pull for 1-2 bonus units, then hard pass.

6. everyone please stay within your means on the next banner. no use in hurting your IRL finances for this dumb game unless you can afford it. i can't.

If you like, I can link the reddit thread from the dude who upon learning his 3rd kid was on the way audited his RK spending and found out that he dropped more than $20,000 on the game.

Finally got Y'shtola today, so I don't need to push so much now. Just need to collect mats now. Gonna try to craft Minf and Y'shtola's gear. Not sure I'll worry about Thancred. Not too interested in him.

There any reason to make the accessories? If they had 10% HP it'd be one thing, but at 5% I'd rather just equip muscle belts.

Xion86

Wise words :)

I was stupid enough to spend around £120 on a stupid mobile game to try get a Glove :( no luck lol. I'm definitely ONLY doing one 11 pull next banner, then using tickets and dailies. I'll only do another 11 pull when Cloud is in...(I'm scared about when that happens tbh).

I'll forget I ever bought lapis on this banner lol.

Muku

I wish I could miss $1k a month and not notice for over a year.

Right?! I got to that part and was like holy damn man.

Will definitely be reading the comments when I get back from work. I am glad he's out there, to let others know and find a place of comfort. But few dollars here and there all the time adds up.

I think GAF needs to create its own gatcha. GAF COULD BE RICH! We could all get GAF GOLD.
LOL

Pejo

I splurged a little on the original WoL banner, and again (badly) on the first Noctis banner. There was enough self-imposed guilt from the Noctis one to never spend significant amounts of money again on any mobile game. It was an expensive lesson, but it's learned.

20k over the lifetime of a mobile game is just nuts. That would be one of those feelings that would hit you at random times and just cause all sorts of grief.

Xion86

Yeah it always made me wonder that I need to make a Gatcha game haha.

Anyway, I'm in this game for the long run, until the servers die! I've been playing since Global launch, love Final Fantasy, progressed and unlocked a lot in the game, I enjoy playing it and most of all the community here. I honestly think I'd find the game a bit dull if i wasn't part of this community, to share experiences, read tips, have a laugh and go through all the highs and lows together. I may not post as much as OT1 and 2 due to work being quite busy, but I'm reading every page to catch up before I do post ;). Stick around and have fun on this journey guys!

I tried RK on launch, was quite cool but didn't get fully into it. Same with Mobius due to its visuals and battle system. But Exvius hooked me right from the get go, it's exactly what I was after (didn't know about Gatcha though or even the term until I started playing and being active here).

Funny thing is, I still don't know what Exvius is :/

tuffymon

Well, with TGC coming on Friday i think its time to turn Noct into an evasion tank. Squad will be TGC for chaining, Olive for chain finisher, Noct for evasion tanking, Ling for break and Ling things, and Yshtola/Refia. The only atk buff if running Ysh is Noct's link. Wont have that problem if I run Refia. Thoughts?

Noct evasion tanks like a champ, reminds me of a nin/war tank in ffxi~

Takuan

A friend recommended I pull a bit, since there were several helpful units in this banner versus 1 godly unit and a bunch of trash in the Orlandu banner. Did a 10+1 and 4 ticket pulls, got me a Refia and Greg. Notbad.jpg.

Also managed to get Y'shtola fairly early, so that's pretty good. Working on leveling Y'sh and Greg at the moment since I don't have DC to get full use of Refia.

Probably going to dump my ticket reserve and do a few 10+1's on Orlandu, but I won't be that sore if I don't get him since I've got other solid units to work on and TMs to grind.

evangd007

Right?! I got to that part and was like holy damn man.

Will definitely be reading the comments when I get back from work. I am glad he's out there, to let others know and find a place of comfort. But few dollars here and there all the time adds up.

I think GAF needs to create its own gatcha. GAF COULD BE RICH! We could all get GAF GOLD.
LOL

He dropped $300 on a banner. Apple banned his account 10 times for suspicious spending. That isn't "a few dollars here and there."

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
55ucPp6.png

yyuivEW.png

Didn't think I could beat ELT but Cecil is an MVP. Swallowed my pride and got rid of WKN right afterwards, making Cecil my main tank and swapped in Marie. ELT goes much smoother now.

What's the deal with the quest line to unlock the Fire Mail recipe? I can't seem to figure out what part I'm up to, tried back tracking and no NPC is triggering, etc. Is there a journal log or do completed quests just go poof?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom