• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Didn't think I could beat ELT but Cecil is an MVP. Swallowed my pride and got rid of WKN right afterwards, making Cecil my main tank and swapped in Marie. ELT goes much smoother now.

What's the deal with the quest line to unlock the Fire Mail recipe? I can't seem to figure out what part I'm up to, tried back tracking and no NPC is triggering, etc. Is there a journal log or do completed quests just go poof?

wkn has like -50% fire resist lol

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
wkn has like -50% fire resist lol

Lol shhhhh.

The fire resist wasn't even the issue, I could leave him paralyzed 2/3 turns and he still never dropped. Not offering any other kind of utility was the big issue. Cecil having Curaja and backup Barfira is much more useful.

I respect him for not hesitating to tell his wife once he had realised. I know a lot of people who wouldn't have been as honest.

I would probably not have. My wife already hates that I even play video games at all if she knew I spent $20k on a mobile game lol.....this did make me look at what I have spent on this game, and it's actually less than I thought, but after my nightmare with Gilgamesh I doubt I will be spending much more unless they change the rates.

Xion86

I would probably not have. My wife already hates that I even play video games at all if she knew I spent $20k on a mobile game lol.....this did make me look at what I have spent on this game, and it's actually less than I thought, but after my nightmare with Gilgamesh I doubt I will be spending much more unless they change the rates.

Yeah the rates are horrible :( I gave up with Gilgamesh after 7 10+1 pulls. I'll do one 11 pull on the next banner then leave it until Cloud comes in. Think you should give it a rest for a while now :)

Ken

Lol shhhhh.

The fire resist wasn't even the issue, I could leave him paralyzed 2/3 turns and he still never dropped. Not offering any other kind of utility was the big issue. Cecil having Curaja and backup Barfira is much more useful.

100% provoke with mitigation is nice, but Cecil blocking and covering as a 100% fire resist unit is too good. Really trivializes non-Plume turns when half of Ifrit's actions do 0.

evangd007

Happy to provide some group therapy, lol.

Regarding your chase for Greg, even if I was a whale, I'd never chase a 5* on a banner with two 5*s.

Japan version knowledge people, I'd like to hear opinions on something. I totally get that chaining seems to be a future requirement and this is pretty much why Orlandu is top tier. But what other chainers are worth while? With my little knowledge it seems Orlandu is a great chainer particularly for Holy. Eileen is a future top tier chainer for the Earth element. Onion Knight is a super chainer but only with his TM weapon equipped (which means anyone can be a chainer with it? Grants Onion Slice or something?). But I was also looking at Gilgamesh getting an enchantment to one of his attacks making it 12 hits. So is he potentially one of the best chainers too?

Happy to provide some group therapy, lol.

Regarding your chase for Greg, even if I was a whale, I'd never chase a 5* on a banner with two 5*s.

Oh I won't be chasing multi base 5* banners again that was enough to teach me that. What sucks is Cloud comes on one, and he is by far my most wanted unit just because of who he is. Thankfully he is forever away from now so maybe I won't even be playing then.

Dear lord man! I'm glad you ended up getting what you wanted.

Guess that puts my spending a bit into perspective.

Just sold 56k event materials for 2+ million gil. I have been done with the raid since sunday morning but i am going to continue to do it and sell all these mats for gil for enhancements coming in the near future!

c-murph

Soluna Ring No.2 & Deathscythe Get!!

New TM Farming Team is up:
Deathbringer No.2
Action No.1 & No.2
Quick Attack No.1 & No.2

4jRMlYw.png

Just sold 56k event materials for 2+ million gil. I have been done with the raid since sunday morning but i am going to continue to do it and sell all these mats for gil for enhancements coming in the near future!

That's basically what I plan on doing. I'm only sitting at around 6.1mil. Gunna need way more if I want to upgrade DKCx2, Lightningx2. Elza and Emperor if they ever get any.

Mipcgamer

Me too!, looks like a great way to get Gil without spending NRG after you get all the rewards.

Celegus

Not sure if I should just start doing that or hope for a second Y'shtola to get a second TM since I already have 13 more moogles.

Doing this as well I just want enough to awaken 2 Yoshi and 1 of each of the others. Otherwise selling everything.

Ken

im gonna sell the items once i make at least one of each gear. gotta get that precious inventory space back

Syntsui

I'd like to make the gear, but I simply don't have the inventory space for character exclusive gear. Specially considering only Minfilia will ever be of use.

Kouriozan

1.186k points, Y'shtola will be there after the next ELT run, kinda crazy since the event caclulator said 3 days and it has been 1.5 days since I checked.
Will probably have like 20k coins too, let's bet I'll summon her right after that x)

I'm wondering why this one Noctis does less damage than this other one. He has 807 attack and the other has 790 and I'm chaining them with Yun's Blazing Combo and I see a difference in damage between them. It's not too big of a deal but it is enough of a difference that it will take me 3 turns to kill PRO Ifrit compared to 2.

Kouriozan

I'm wondering why this one Noctis does less damage than this other one. He has 807 attack and the other has 790 and I'm chaining them with Yun's Blazing Combo and I see a difference in damage between them. It's not too big of a deal but it is enough of a difference that it will take me 3 turns to kill PRO Ifrit compared to 2.
Maybe one has Ifrit (so beast killer) and the other don't?

Perhaps the Higher ATK Noctis doesn't have Beast Killer/Ifrit as his esper?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I hear about people leveling up friend point summons and selling them for monies, but what's the best way to level them up? EXP vortex?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Was looking this morning, this so much. Best time to farm gold since there is a zero energy cost.

To think, I'm most excited for Dunes this weekend.

Kouriozan

Finally got Y'shtola, yay! Maxed her trust instantly.
Used my 28k coins and still can't get her on the banner lolz, even got 8 more of her moogles in case I actually get lucky.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Aside from not getting a Yshtola, I've also been getting real unlucky on the rare drops for the crafted gear. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to make weapons for Thancred and Minfilia by the time this Ifrit thing is over.

tuffymon

I know the unit calculator can be wrong on some things, but it shows Melody of Life being stackable... anyone know if true or not?

greyshark

I beat Ifrit! My party was Marie, Olive, Dark Fina, Refia, and Cecil. Fina was there just to cast Physical Fail (ATK/DEF break), wasn't sure if she'd be able to survive without any major fire resist but it worked out - never killed once. The reason I used her over Rain or WoL was her innate Paralyze resistance.

I put Carbuncle on Marie for Dualcast cura- having 3 separate healers really helped considering I didn't have DC for Refia.

Had a friend Noctis for MAG breaking with Thunder Flask (and to element chain with Olive) but cast Warp Break more often than not to ensure Ifrit's attack was broken.

Never lost a single unit - only needed to use a couple of items to refresh Olive and Noctis's MP.

Took about 10 minutes - bet I could do better with some tweaking (and Bartz's TM which is 75% done). Pretty pumped, thank you so much GAF for all the helpful pointers!

Visceir

Finally got Y'shtola, yay! Maxed her trust instantly.
Used my 28k coins and still can't get her on the banner lolz, even got 8 more of her moogles in case I actually get lucky.

Got her finally too at 900k points. Only had enough moogles to get her to 60% though.

SeanTSC

Japan version knowledge people, I'd like to hear opinions on something. I totally get that chaining seems to be a future requirement and this is pretty much why Orlandu is top tier. But what other chainers are worth while? With my little knowledge it seems Orlandu is a great chainer particularly for Holy. Eileen is a future top tier chainer for the Earth element. Onion Knight is a super chainer but only with his TM weapon equipped (which means anyone can be a chainer with it? Grants Onion Slice or something?). But I was also looking at Gilgamesh getting an enchantment to one of his attacks making it 12 hits. So is he potentially one of the best chainers too?

Gilgamesh becomes an excellent chainer, yes. Tidus and Lorraine are amazing too. There's a couple others as well. IIRC Mercenary Delita is a good Thunder chainer. And Dark Veritas for Dark? Nyx for Fire.

Visceir

One common misconception is that Orlandu has to use holy element, you can have him use whatever element you want with different weapons since the attack itself is neutral.

Eileen's hits are very uneven which makes her a rather bad chainer.

Setzer and Amelia have rapid hits that can chain with their dupes. Rikku has multiple different element low dmg chain skills that work with many units. Tidus will be good at chaining with his dupe for high dmg.

Ashe and Rasler have same frames and universally pretty good frames, probably some of the best chainers in game. Rasler's is innate holy as well, so won't even need excalibur to chain with Orlandu. Vaan will get a decent chain skill at 6*

Anything beyond those is probably 3+ months away and too far out.

LiQuid!

Anybody want to friend me so I can use their units?

My code is 946,718,879

Sorry I'm a charity case so my leader probably won't be too much help to you guys, but I've been struggling to beat Ifrit with some of the goofballs on my list.

Visceir

My code is 946,718,879

Sorry I'm a charity case so my leader probably won't be too much help to you guys, but I've been struggling to beat Ifrit with some of the goofballs on my list.

Added some more slots and threw you a friend request. Was a charity case myself just 2 months ago and always appreciated having some better units available to me.

Hope my Olive will be of use.

Celegus

My code is 946,718,879

Sent a request over. No worries about that, a lot of us have more 800+ atk Noctis friends on our list than we'll ever use anyway, I'd rather help someone out!
Added some more slots and threw you a friend request. Was a charity case myself just 2 months ago and always appreciated having some better units available to me.

Hope my Olive will be of use.

Do I have you? 613 905 040 is mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom