• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

friz898

I'm using Orlandeau and Milifina as my Holy DPS, Onion for Vessel, Tyro for Wall, and Vanille for heal.

Can't do shit if you get hit by the confuse right before the form change. What's really stupid is that even if your character that was confused was in burst mode, their attack reverts back to a normal attack instead of the holy attack command that your characters have active.

Also maybe I've been careful with games, but I've never felt this amount of RNG trash in a long time. :p

I would suggest you use fire bsb and RW fire osb. Wall isn't too big a deal here, mblink helps more. If you have no fire at all then I guess stick to holy. Perhaps consider RW Alphi and deploy tactics, it serious is a lot of damage with no risk.

Celes: fire strike , banishing strike, MS
Terra: chain firaga, meltdown, OSB
Aeris: cure, protect, USB with Shell
Irvine: Magic Break, FB, penta
OK: cure, Afliction, VoF

Or something like that was my team.

Things you need: The basics plus fire and holy.

Put sleep resist on Holy as that seems to be what Godess form starts out with.

Once that goes through you hit Demon with fire magic. You then apply breaks. And cast remaining buffs.

Order of moves:

Tier 1: haste, wall, shell
T2: holy, fire, breakdown
T3: cures, holy when back in godess, protect
T4: fire, breakdown, any other move not by holy
T5: holy, fire, etc...

The start can be tough but if you use holy and know how to skip turns...the fight is easy.

If you're running two holy you have no excuse for failure. One is equipped with confuse and the other sleep resist.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I would suggest you use fire bsb and RW fire osb. Wall isn't too big a deal here, mblink helps more. If you have no fire at all then I guess stick to holy. Perhaps consider RW Alphi and deploy tactics, it serious is a lot of damage with no risk.
I was using Terra, and maybe it was my inexperience, but I always found myself queuing up a fire attack while the boss changed forms and fucking myself over. It just meant I spent more time just having her stand there rather than attack, so I decided to try to go full Holy instead.

I was using Terra, and maybe it was my inexperience, but I always found myself queuing up a fire attack while the boss changed forms and fucking myself over. It just meant I spent more time just having her stand there rather than attack, so I decided to try to go full Holy instead.

Requirements state you need to hit boss with fire magic for physical damage to take effect vs demon, also part of target score.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you're running two holy you have no excuse for failure. One is equipped with confuse and the other sleep resist.
I've had that ST confuse hit every single member of my party individually the 6 or so times I tried it. I seriously thought about using Affliction Break, but I have no idea where I would slot it.
Requirements state you need to hit boss with fire magic for physical damage to take effect vs demon, also part of target score.
Yes, my Onion has a fire magic that I use one for the entire fight.

I used Raines Bsb, command 1 means you can just blindly spam fire attacks because even if you end up with a fire command queued when he changes to goddess form, your insta cast command 1 holy will get him back over to evil mode before the fire has a chance to hit the goddess

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I used Raines Bsb, command 1 means you can just blindly spam fire attacks because even if you end up with a fire command queued when he changes to goddess form, your insta cast command 1 holy will get him back over to evil mode before the fire has a chance to hit the goddess
I've spent maybe 400 mythril trying to get Metamorphose. lol

friz898

I've had that ST confuse hit every single member of my party individually the 6 or so times I tried it. I seriously thought about using Affliction Break, but I have no idea where I would slot it.

Yes, my Onion has a fire magic that I use one for the entire fight.

Well it's 3 turns on Demon form.

Not sure that would be inexperience. I was having trouble too until I got home and was in a situation where I could count enemy turns instead of trying to multi task life.

I basically get everybody a good round in, and then just heal a lot while that last 3rd turn is getting ready to hit.

Once I counted turns I was never once slept and only confuse if she did jarring blow which being ST makes it ok.

Have Arise or Last Stand or both for RNG death like four physical hits to same char. I didn't bring sleep or confuse resist once I got all the timing down, I instead brought lightning resist.

Ya I swear never saw entice or lullaby.

well... Jump start Chadarnook went down on my first try and I'm not proud of it lol.

Vanille killed by lightning so I continued the fight with no heals.

Wall, Vaan debuffing, OK BSB, my newly aquired Firion BSB insta cast to change it to evil form, then 2 Terra OSB to the face, Goddess Form, another Firion BSB, Terra's last OSB, some physical atacks here and there and it went down...

It's been like this for months, I just brute force everything with no strategy and it's boring.

First world problems I guess.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Shit yeah! 100 gemmed Sword of the Father.

Same here:) It was the only relic I really wanted since I have a lot of dupes in this banner. Glad I didn't have to pull an 11 for this.

I have to say that I'm not a fan of having legend material be tied to banners. Would have preferred something like Memory Crystals where you can exchange for one that you want. Just give us 1 per event or something.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Me too. Then i got it in 1 pull last week after it was already a dupe :(
The fact that it's never, ever coming back is annoying as hell, but after I can't bring myself to put actual money into the game anymore.

Well it's 3 turns on Demon form.

Not sure that would be inexperience. I was having trouble too until I got home and was in a situation where I could count enemy turns instead of trying to multi task life.

I basically get everybody a good round in, and then just heal a lot while that last 3rd turn is getting ready to hit.

Once I counted turns I was never once slept and only confuse if she did jarring blow which being ST makes it ok.

Have Arise or Last Stand or both for RNG death like four physical hits to same char. I didn't bring sleep or confuse resist once I got all the timing down, I instead brought lightning resist.

Ya I swear never saw entice or lullaby.
I finally managed to do it after the timing all worked out. If I got confused, I had a free character to punch my party member in the face, which is something that just didn't happen the other times. Of course it took me like 3+ hours to do it... and now I have to do it again with the jump start. lol

Balphon

Didn't have much on this banner and any of the bursts would have filled some holes in my roster so I ended up doing two pulls on it.

Went 4/22 - 2x Eiko USB, Celes SSB (dupe), OK SSB

Overall result is poor since I basically got one item out of 100 mythril and managed to avoid all the the bursts. Still, Eiko USB is superb and I use her a lot already for her BSB so it isn't a total loss.

I have 5+ dupes on the last three banners so that's it for me for now. Next pulls I'm looking at are Rikku/Lulu USB, Type-0, and then Iris/Gladiolus.

Fiend CM for MiC was easy as heck. Maria's song and Brush Up for the win.

How many mythril do we get tomorrow? I get 1 for daily, do we get another 3 at night? 46! Four away.

Looks like with Torment III tomorrow, that should get me to 50 mythril if there's at least 1 from MiC. I should be able to beat 200 and 250.

+20% damage.

Got a dupe Maria bsb bow for my 100 gems, not doing any other pulls as too many dupes on this banner.

Figured. Optimize was giving Celes Imperial Blade plus over her bsb1 with Holy. Giving her 30-50 or so more ATK with Imp Blade. When using holy or her BSB CMDs though that would be about the equivalent of 100 Atk with BSB1 blade, probably past ATK cap and rather DMG instead which I dont think is effected by cap. Optimize wrong again.

Tldr-500 Atk Holy plus when using Holy is better than 530-550 Atk using Holy.

Wooo I got Noctis Sword!

MdcnXI7.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Trying to do the Jump Start and fuuuuuck this RNG.
Of course the RNG is compounded by the fact that your ATB starts at 0. Sigh.

Balphon

Trying to do the Jump Start and fuuuuuck this RNG.
Of course the RNG is compounded by the fact that your ATB starts at 0. Sigh.

Raw Power RM on whoever is going to use your mitigation should help with that.

EDIT: I like how they still added Curilla's BSB to this fest despite the fact that she and Ayame are the only characters whose MC3 are still unavailable.

Falk

that puzzling face
Also maybe I've been careful with games, but I've never felt this amount of RNG trash in a long time. :p

45 SSR characters in Granblue, 6 elements (implying 1/6 chance), rolled my first fire SSR yesterday.

Apparently gacha luck hilarity follows me around

ultra7k

Locke's BSB in the Jumpstart/220 fights are pretty awesome since it hits both holy/fire. Now I just need to go and beat it lol.

Resisting the urge to pull on this new summer banner (i really want that sword of the father) but I just have too many relics on this to justify pulling.

ccbfan

I have

Delita BSB
Locke BSB
Ignus BSB.

Haven't tried chadernook yet but it should be a breeze with these guys right?

Spam holy/fire attacks with Delita/Locke. Tautilate with Ignus. Heal with Medica BSBs (I have Eiko, Relm, Ysho, Selphie) I also have Tyro with SG but is it worth bringing Tyro or better to bring another Healer?

Also what RW should I use? Shout?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
45 SSR characters in Granblue, 6 elements (implying 1/6 chance), rolled my first fire SSR yesterday.

Apparently gacha luck hilarity follows me around
Jesus. lol
Although I had the same luck with my Dark team. And of course, not all SSRs are made equally, which basically limits the effect SSR pool to half that. Yay gacha!

Falk

that puzzling face
Not to derail but if FFRK had surprise tickets every other month all the RNG woes would be gone.

along with FFRK's majority cashflow

ZangBa

I used around 150 tickets worth of lapis on the FFBE Orlandeau banner and never pulled a single rainbow of anything. VOmpletely ragequit that nonsense grindfest, soul crushing game. FFRK is really fair when you consider how abysmal rates are in other games. You might get some bad pulls sometimes but at least you are generally getting powerful relics at this point of the game instead of always eating shit.

Syntsui

The rates of getting the actual good relics here are not that much higher than the chance of getting the on banner 5* in FFBE (which just became 3% in JP), so I don't really understand that type of criticism. The great majority of the relics here are either situational or straight up bad, that's why the guaranteed chance to get one exists, it's balanced around that.

While I can't really talk about most gachas, at very least in Brave Exvius, there are quite a lot of 3* and 4* base characters that are either very powerful or at very least have good TMs. Absolutely no content requires 5* base characters and we have members in our community that always make videos of new bosses/trials being completed with F2P gear and non base 5* characters.

Both games have their strengths and weakness but the rates argument is always off when you guys completely dismiss the value of 3*-4* characters there and forget how many trash 5* there are here.

The rates of getting the actual good relics here are not that much higher than the chance of getting the on banner 5* in FFBE (which just became 3% in JP), so I don't really understand that type of criticism. The great majority of the relics here are either situational or straight up bad, that's why the guaranteed chance to get one exists, it's balanced around that.

While I can't really talk about most gachas, at very least in Brave Exvius, there are quite a lot of 3* and 4* base characters that are either very powerful or at very least have good TMs. Absolutely no content requires 5* base characters and we have members in our community that always make videos of new bosses/trials being completed with F2P gear and non base 5* characters.

Both games have their strengths and weakness but the rates argument is always off when you guys completely dismiss the value of 3*-4* characters there and forget how many trash 5* there are here.

Disagree, the chance of getting good relics i RK is waaaaaay higher than BE. Pulling 10-15x and not getting the good thing is pretty common in BE, in RK it's highly unusual. If you pull 10-15x on one banner in RK you're going to have 3-4 of every item on the banner

ccbfan

FFRK has guaranteed 5* per pull, that puts the gacha above all other gacha I've tried.

Puzzle and Dragons is still by far the best of the gacha games.

5* guarantees for 10 stones
Buffing old rolls to meet current meta so a bad roll now can be an amazing roll next month(Imagine if DENA buffed Braver to Cloud USB levels)
Dropables that are top tier.

Syntsui

Disagree, the chance of getting good relics i RK is waaaaaay higher than BE. Pulling 10-15x and not getting the good thing is pretty common in BE, in RK it's highly unusual. If you pull 10-15x on one banner in RK you're going to have 3-4 of every item on the banner

If for you, the good thing is the 5* and only the 5*, of course that will be the case. The thing is, as I said, in Brave Exvius most of the time the good stuff includes 3* and 4* characters that are very useful be it for their power, their TM or simply their niche. This, only 5* matters mentality will only bring frustration to people that try Brave Exvius.

And your last statement is solely dependent on RNG, I pulled 11 times for Orlandu OSB and didn't get it, how great huh! I also pulled a lot for the second banner with Cid Raines and didn't get it, it didn't help that all the other relics were gutter trash or duper, SUCH A GREAT GAME! The rates are better here, but the quality of the pulls is highly concentrated.

Falk

that puzzling face
Personally, the only thing that brings frustration playing BE is the fact that you're essentially expected to bot TMs if you want to 'keep up' with the folks that bot TMs, regardless of whether it's necessary from a power level perspective.

But we're veering pretty far off topic here, despite this being a discussion about RK gacha rates in general.

If for you, the good thing is the 5* and only the 5*, of course that will be the case. The thing is, as I said, in Brave Exvius most of the time the good stuff includes 3* and 4* characters that are very useful be it for their power, their TM or simply their niche. This, only 5* matters mentality will only bring frustration to people that try Brave Exvius.

Most of the relics in FFRK are good too. You were the one that said "the good thing", so of course you need to compare tge best thing in one game to the best thing in the other.

In any case, the point is that on average, RK's gagacha is at least an order of magnitude more rewarding for an equivalent amount of currency

Syntsui

RK has a great price for it's pulls, straight up R$100 cheaper for the most expensive mithril pack and also respects the player time more than pretty much any other gacha out there, I can agree on that.

It's easily the most casual friendly gacha out there if you want to be up to date on stuff, even if you can't clear the hardest battles.

friz898

I got excited for both BE and Mobius. I didn't like either one.

So just caught up on today's posts. I think I'm going to skip CM on Chaos. I've tried 3 times with a FF1 crew, and at first I thought it was going really well, then I realized I was killing so slow that wall would wear off at like 40-50% life, and then I couldn't keep up with the magic damage.

No last stand, no blink of any kind, no medica, ya all I have for FF1 is (true) WoL holy OSB.

So going to try later with my A-team, should not be too difficult then.

I actually really liked the story/adventure mode of BE so it's a shame the rest of the game was so offensively bad. What designer makes a game that appeals to min maxers and then literally makes the most efficient way to minmax involve physically not playing the game? I mean you can't even make up something that dumb. And it's not like "oh don't play for an hour and then come back to bonus exp", it's literally "the more you don't play, the stronger you get", and this goes on indefinitely with no time limit.

ZangBa

I don't want to go off-topic so I won't say anymore after this, but I completely disagree with this. I saved my lapis and tickets for MONTHS and had NOTHING to show for it. Considering the rest of the banner was full of trash, it was equivalent to getting a hoard of 3* items after over half a year of saving.

WarAdept

I broke out of my Orbfest Daze to see what the current events are and when they end.

All of them end after Dark Phase, so that means I'm jumping right back into Orbfest until I die from Golden Saucer music.

...Or at least until 01/07 when phase 2 ends. Then I gotta spam Mired in Crisis and Sabin event one after the other.

friz898

i spend about 30 mythril on single pulls hoping to get his sword but no dice .

the good news is that Clouds Ragnarok fell out of it so it ai't all bad :p

I think the general consensus is that only 11pulls (for guaranteed 5star) or the 100gem pulls are worth it.

That said, it's of course your money and mythril.

Thorgal

I think the general consensus is that only 11pulls (for guaranteed 5star) or the 100gem pulls are worth it.

That said, it's of course your money and mythril.

oh i know but i wanted to try anyway.

+ I never paid money in this game. all i have i got through grinding out mythril .

Top Bottom