• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII - Art slightly changed

belgurdo

Banned
jett said:
Are you into girly "men" or something? I don't think it's too much to ask for a main a character to not look like a fairy.

What's fairylike about him? The fact that he has a boyish face, blonde hair, and a bare chest, which are traits that a lot of RPG characters have?

It looks like they're going for a more realistic look with the new art. The eyes and nose are noticeably toned down from the slight 'anime' look of the old art.

Zilch

Banned
They might have redesigned Ashe's face, but even then there's no way that she looks like that character in the bottom left.

Vashu

Doom_Bringer said:
yeah this is real. Someone on the gamefaqs FF12 forums posted this last month. And its from the official (ff12) website.

heres the original thread

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=13428&topic=16084368

How come the official site still has the old art? I just checked again.... I check everyday to see if they added some new stuff.... And that small picture, it could just be a filter... Knowing Square Enix, they would never redesign, just make new art instead of altering old.... I'd say it's just because of the yellow filter.... Look at Vaan:

ff12_chara2.gif

He no look different!

Gattsu25

Banned
Ill Saint said:
Top one is fantastic... bottom one is mangled. Nose looks gigantic. But in general, I like this more realistic, subdued look. Nice.

Couldn't agree more. The newer version of the first pic is much better, with the second new pic looking much worse (though that specific pic never looked good in the first place :b)

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Top one looks better, but the bottom one has weird noses in both. I'm not sure which is worst. Neither is great anyway.

teiresias

It's obvious what this is all about. The bottom one is what the in-game model looks like, and the top one is what the CGI FMV model looks like. :D

teiresias

I'm sorry, but the same forum that hates on the Cybill Shepherd "little red riding hood" thing is now endorsing this new "muppet nose" look?

olimario said:
I don't know which is better.]

ff12.jpg

OMG. Cate Blancett is staring in a FF game. I wonder if she'll talk funny like that elf she played.

Here's what she looks like

cate-blanchett.jpg

cate-blanchett.jpg

old pics were very FF/asian; new ones are extremely euro

shuri

Banned
You know, I kinda wish they would go back to the generic asian anime look, that horrible japanese beverly hill stuff is such a turn off :I

Top Bottom