• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

CentroXer

Banned
Some fresh new images coming your way.

screenshot_2014-10-266dp8v.jpg

screenshot_2014-10-264wpiq.jpg

Lain

At this point I don't know what to expect from the patch, they announced it 4 days ago and it is supposed to contain only 2 small fixes and it hasn't been released yet.

I'm totally OK with waiting if they're going to fix the framerate issue otherwise it will just be a useless patch to me.

Expect nothing. Then when the patch comes out and it does nothing substantial, you won't be disappointed. If it comes out and it does something substantial (lel) then you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Damn these last images, so purdy.

Knurek

Started Chapter 12 yesterday.
Of course forgot to save after
Barti
fight, and did not clear Mark 7, so I have no way to upgrade my team's weapons (I did have 2 Ultracompact Reactors, so at least Fang has her 2nd level weapon maxed out).
Oh well, at least I have synthesized Sprint Shoes and Light is sporting 4 Boost family accessories, so she should live up to her name this chapter.
When exactly you can get back to Gran Pulse? Just before last boss or earlier?

Tizoc

Started Chapter 12 yesterday.
Of course forgot to save after
Barti
fight, and did not clear Mark 7, so I have no way to upgrade my team's weapons (I did have 2 Ultracompact Reactors, so at least Fang has her 2nd level weapon maxed out).
Oh well, at least I have synthesized Sprint Shoes and Light is sporting 4 Boost family accessories, so she should live up to her name this chapter.
When exactly you can get back to Gran Pulse? Just before last boss or earlier?

Once you get access
to the final dungeon the game will give you portals to both Gran Pulse and Cocoon

Lime

I finished the game 5 years ago so my memory of it has been to kind to the actual quality of the story. Apparently I had forgotten how bad the writing and characters were - it's seriously garbage with really poor storytelling when I am playing it now.

I can deal with the linearity, as the amount of locales and beautiful art style make up for it. But I can't deal with the horrible, horrible characters and the frankly repulsive writing.

I would have liked the game soooo much more if these incredibly severe flaws weren't there. Beautiful visuals, impressive diversity of environments, engaging combat, sweeping and interesting music, and the overall premise of the narrative is sound. All contribute to an entertaining experience. But the characters and writing and execution of the story are just so terrible.

Braag

Time to get back into this game. I had to finish TEW first.
Where did I leave off... oh yeah, Raines... goddammit.

dickroach

the "late game farm CP spot" mentioned in OP was tripping me up. Behemoth kept transforming and killing me before I could stagger + kill it. Bully (com/sab/syn) gets it so Lightning is dealing like 60k+ damamge per hit even after the behemoth transforms. then the other thing staggers real quick with (tri-disaster) rav/rav/rav. about 75 seconds per fight

UnrealEck

I've still not played yet because of that framerate. I don't even think they're going to fix it. Might have to just settle for 30 FPS.
Pain in the arse. Last game from them I preorder.

Rainy

Banned
Playing the game with Japanese VA makes it more bearable to me, in terms of characters at least. After not playing it for 4 years, the story is still bad but I enjoy the battle system, colorful environments, and amazing soundtrack. Enjoying my playthrough.

Fou-Lu

I am at chapter 11, have to say this game is actually really damn good. The battle system and music are phenomenal. How many of the missions should I think about beating before continuing on?

Knurek

Is there anyway to lock a stable 30fps? I'd take that over the constant fluctuations I am getting.

Not really, even when locked to 30 fps refresh the game tends to dip into tens whenever it's loading new assets.
It's not doing anything with your CPU then, and certainly not doing much with I/O, so I don't have an ounce of idea why it behaves like this.

Yakkue

Well, ask yourself, Squeenix needs two month to implement a single confirmation dialogue.
How long will it take for them to port a new game?
FFXIII-2 in Spring 2037

Isn't FFXIII-2 coming in december? At least that's when it's supposed to be available through Dive In.

Zenaku

So, any advice to help with the damn stuttering?

I tried vJoy, but nothing. I have no controller to try at the moment as I borrowed my DS3 to my nephew after his little brother spilled pop on his.

Meowster

So glad I am through the Vile Peaks, the Gapra Whitewoods goes by so much faster and is much more interesting (plus better visuals and music). I've always loved the Lightning/Hope team.

Gvaz

Banned
Not really, even when locked to 30 fps refresh the game tends to dip into tens whenever it's loading new assets.
It's not doing anything with your CPU then, and certainly not doing much with I/O, so I don't have an ounce of idea why it behaves like this.

because japanese devs don't give a flying fuck about pc gamers

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This might as well just be a pic from a current gen game. Fuck me.

kick51

Banned
*hovers over delete button*

Maybe i should just take out the japanese audio. But if they patch it, would i be forced to dl them again?

Any tips on how you got such a nice framerate?

Well, here's my GeDoSaTo Config:

Code:
# Lines starting with "#" are ignored by GeDoSaTo and used to provide documentation

# This is a profile file for ffxiiiimg

## Rendering Resolution
# can't select res in-game so write it here
clearRenderResolutions
#renderResolution 1920x1080@60
renderResolution 3840x2160@60
#renderResolution 4480x2520@60

## Anti Aliasing
# MSAA sample count, default 4, other options: 2, 8
# higher = higher performance impact
MSAASampleCount 4
# Enable coverage sampling (CSAA on NV, EQAA on AMD) if HW supports it
# (improvement for small performance hit)
enableCoverageSampling true

## Shadow Resolution
# 1 = default
# sensible values: 2, 4, 8 (extreme)
# higher numbers = larger performance impact
shadowScale 4

## Required settings, don't change
injectPSHash 1329c9bf
maxScreenshotParallelism -1
forceRenderRes true
#forcePresentRes true

I'm using an Xbox 360 Controller and have power settings turned to max. Running a single Nvidia GTX 770 (it's a factory oc'd EVGA model) and an i5 + 16gb of system ram. Certainly not as fancy as some others here. I do get some occasional slowdowns. I find that reducing the resolution to 1080p and using MSAA will result in a pretty awesome image quality with near-constant 60fps, if you're willing to sacrifice some IQ for more consistent framerate.

Cheers!

So I finally found a config that works for me at consistent 30fps and is perfectly beautiful while playing. 2.5k, 4x shadows, forceansio 16x (fixes the terrible UI scaling)

Knurek

Ack, I have a save just before the final boss fight, and I'm away from home for the next day...
Just want to get the game done with, not sure if I'll want to do the postgame content - grind for grind's sake just doesn't speak to me...

Top Bottom