• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

I can't remember well, it's a cutscene early in the game where, if I remember correctly,
Golbez talks

Plus there are also some little bugs, for example when you get attacked by certain enemies your characters get the "Bubble" status.
Hmm. I'm already half way through the game and I didn't notice that. Haven't had any random bubble status either so far. Hopefully they've fixed it now.

Thanks for the heads up though.

TheTux

Hmm. I'm already half way through the game and I didn't notice that. Haven't had any random bubble status either so far. Hopefully they've fixed it now.

Thanks for the heads up though.

I don't think they made any patch. I usually get the bubble effect when an enemy attacks a character and applies the status effect "Confuse". Anyway sorry I don't want to derail this thread.

I'm really curious to see what kind of port they made tomorrow.

ConceptX

I don't think they made any patch. I usually get the bubble effect when an enemy attacks a character and applies the status effect "Confuse". Anyway sorry I don't want to derail this thread.

I'm really curious to see what kind of port they made tomorrow.

The multiple voices cutscene, did you happen to mean
when Cecil becomes a Paladin atop the mountain and the events after
as I just went through that last night and noticed multiple voices (same voice) playing over each other, but as far as I was aware it was intended due to the tone of the scene.

Bubble thing, no idea, unless it's an effect of an augment? Like the curse augment?

I'm really enjoying this thread, it's refreshing to see many, including myself, excited to play 13 again/first time. Even two of my friends have picked it up who aren't really interested, honestly the low price is doing wonders for it.

Still no confirmation on 60gb change then I guess? They didn't change the audio warning so not sure it means duel audio, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just for unpacking and the download itself will be closer to 30gb.

I'd love some uncompressed goodness though, that would be a surprise.

SE have been *very* quiet about all this, which I think is making some people expect too much, I'm expecting a straight port with minimal to no changes, and thus if improvements are included, I get a nice surprise.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How many more hours till I get to play this?! It's getting painful!!!!!

TheTux

The multiple voices cutscene, did you happen to mean
when Cecil becomes a Paladin atop the mountain and the events after
as I just went through that last night and noticed multiple voices (same voice) playing over each other, but as far as I was aware it was intended due to the tone of the scene.

Bubble thing, no idea, unless it's an effect of an augment? Like the curse augment?

I'm really enjoying this thread, it's refreshing to see many, including myself, excited to play 13 again/first time. Even two of my friends have picked it up who aren't really interested, honestly the low price is doing wonders for it.

Still no confirmation on 60gb change then I guess? They didn't change the audio warning so not sure it means duel audio, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just for unpacking and the download itself will be closer to 30gb.

I'd love some uncompressed goodness though, that would be a surprise.

SE have been *very* quiet about all this, which I think is making some people expect too much, I'm expecting a straight port with minimal to no changes, and thus if improvements are included, I get a nice surprise.
Yeah that's the scene I meant, I don't remember the original DS scene so I don't know if it's a bug or it's intended but I was confused during that scene.

Maybe the 60GB is really for the decompression but I guess we'll have to wait for tomorrow and see ourselves how much is the download size.

garath

I couldn't help myself. Even though I'm budgeting right now, I need a good single player game to tide me through my son's 3 month stage. Barely any time to game but I bought this.

First time playing FFXIII. This will be epic.

Gbraga

I hope people with super fast connections can tell us about framerate and resolution quickly tomorrow. I need to know.

Downsampled screenshots would be nice too, but I'm not holding my breath. I hope it works with GeDoSaTo. After trying lanczos, it's hard to go back to driver downsampling.

TheTrain

Minimum System requirements update:

MINIMUM:
Processor: 2GHz Dual Core CPU
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® Geforce® 8 Series/ ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 series VRAM 256MB or later
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 60 GB available space
Sound Card: Sound card compatible with DirectX® 9.0c
Additional Notes: Full screen display mode will only run on an environment that supports a screen resolution of 1280 x 720.

kudoboi

Does GMG show this for every pre-order game? the part i am talking about is "until the game is released"

FpUlUKe.png

MINIMUM:
Graphics: NVIDIA® Geforce® 8 Series/ ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 series VRAM 256MB or later
Additional Notes: Full screen display mode will only run on an environment that supports a screen resolution of 1280 x 720.

wait what... you mean it will only run in fullscreen if it is 720P?

MayMay

Banned
I suppose its reasonable that the game wont run below 720p (in fullscreen), that its not in the max requirements lets me hope for higher resolutions though.

antitrop

oh fuck

I could just plug my PS3 into my PC monitor and it would be pretty much the same. Ah well, at least I'm only out $10.

Gbraga

MINIMUM:

That only means that 720p is the minimum for full screen support, and that we're probably not getting borderless fullscreen, not that 720p is the only resolution supported, right?

RIGHT?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
That only means that 720p is the minimum for full screen support, and that we're probably not getting borderless fullscreen, not that 720p is the only resolution supported, right?

RIGHT?

You need a minimum of a system and monitor that can handle 720p.

Phaezyk

I fully expect this game to have a launcher just like all the others with all the same bare-bones options and locked at 30fps and I won't care and will play it anyway. :3

GeDoSaTo should work to fix any resolution issues, hopefully without any (or many) bugs I would think...

I fully expect this game to have a launcher just like all the others with all the same bare-bones options and locked at 30fps and I won't care and will play it anyway. :3

GeDoSaTo should work to fix any resolution issues, hopefully without any (or many) bugs I would think...
I expect it'll be a little better than the other Final Fantasy ports. At least in this game, you'll be able to change key bindings in-game

Levyne

Banned
For some reason I ordered this through gamefly digital instead of steam (or gmg). I wonder when they will have the key for me.

rybrad

I expect it'll be a little better than the other Final Fantasy ports. At least in this game, you'll be able to change key bindings in-game
Those controls actually don't look bad at all and I will probably give it a go without a controller. A lot of games made for controllers come with terrible setups that either can't be changed or won't let you use the mouse.

LuuKyK

I dont even know how to play with a controller on the PC so its not like I have a choice. :lol But yeah, based on that screen it looks doable, so I am not that worried.

LuuKyK

if you have a DS3/4 we can hook you up easily

I do have a controller. But you still need some sort of adaptor or whatever, right? I have no clue where to buy those around here, and I am not sure I am willing to import one just for this game.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I do have a controller. But you still need some sort of adaptor or whatever, right? I have no clue where to buy those around here, and I am not sure I am willing to import one just for this game.

You just plug in the usb cord you use to charge it with. Then download PS4Tool or whatever is available.

Top Bottom