• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Corpekata

Banned
Does anyone know when GMG gives out pre-order codes? I want to get mine as soon as I can so I can remotely install this Clifford-ass 60 GB puppy with my 20 Mbps connection.

Usually a day or two in advance if there's a preload. Some games they get pretty far behind on though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good morning, Yoshichan. Wow, you're giving away copies of Final Fantasy XIII?
That's really nice of you!
Well it's already been done :lol it was fun and everyone seemed so happy about it!

Suppadoopa is having a contest now as well (maybe it ended last night, I'd ask to be sure) :3

cafemomo

Suppadoopa is having a contest now as well (maybe it ended last night, I'd ask to be sure) :3

still going on until this Thursday 2PM CST. Where I will choose a winner by 3PM CST

Just a reminder for those who want a chance to win a steam copy of the game

aight, like I promised, I'll be giving away another copy of XIII (this time for steam)

My favorite FF titles are VI, VIII, X, XIII and Crystal Chronicles.

PM me your experiences/stories with one of those titles above and I'll choose one that I like the most on this Thursday by 3PM CST

ymRoOOH.png

I've enjoyed reading the stories I got so far

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The best! Suppa, you da best!!!

Thoraxes

There are two types of scenes. CG and real time. CG are the only ones that would take the space.

Actually there's CG cutscenes and in-engine pre-rendered cutscenes. XIII-2 was the first game they did all real-time, in-engine cutscenes, iirc. I remember lots of debates about this.

It's also why there's 3 versions of each character model. CG model, cutscene model, and gameplay model.

Well, this filesize seems a bit excessive. I also suspect that it is the Japanese FMVs that take up the size. Do publishers pay a fee based on the file size to have their game on Steam? Surely it would be in their best interest to have one stripped package and add the second audio language as DLC?

TheTux

Damn you GMG for not providing me with a download code until launch day even though you usually allow pre-load!

Well as far as I know people can't preload anyway.

Well, this filesize seems a bit excessive. I also suspect that it is the Japanese FMVs that take up the size. Do publishers pay a fee based on the file size to have their game on Steam? Surely it would be in their best interest to have one stripped package and add the second audio language as DLC?

I don't know for sure but I believe I read somewhere that you pay no fees for size & updates.

aravuus

Around 60GB installed. The download itself will be notably smaller.

Aww, I could have finished the actual game by the time most of the people here in this thread had barely finished downloading it if it was a 60GB download.

No, I don't feel for you people with dl caps or shitty speeds. I live in Scandinavia where everything is great!

kudoboi

Around 60GB installed (in all likelihood there'll be an error margin of 10-15% or so). The download itself will be notably smaller.

yeah.. downloading isnt an issue for me.
I have 1GBPS internet :p
. the issue i have is hard drive space. both my C and D drive only have 70GB left

also.... why doesnt this game have steam trading cards :(

edit: it does nvm

Faabulous

. the issue i have is hard drive space. both my C and D drive only have 70GB left

Same here. I guess I'm not installing this tomorrow, I have to free some space first.
I have 2 1TB hard drives but only 40GB free.
I know it's not normal, I just hoard stuff.

TheTux

also.... why doesnt this game have steam trading cards :(

It has Steam Trading Cards...

thematic

hopefully this game isn't delayed like Driveclub LOL

i know they're not related but with no infomation from SE even when we're close to release is worrying
but i guess i can wait 29 hours to find out :p

yuraya

i know they're not related but with no infomation from SE even when we're close to release is worrying

No way its delayed. I saw via database people were playing the game already the other day. Like 10 people in game. probably testers. The game exists stop worrying.

There is actually a couple people playing right now :p

TheTux

huh.. it didnt show up for me earlier on.
It's been confirmed on SQEX blog too.

No way its delayed. I saw via database people were playing the game already the other day. Like 10 people in game. probably testers. The game exists stop worrying.

There is actually a couple people playing right now :p
Being said that I don't expect the game to be delayed, 10-15 testers playing the game doesn't necessarily mean it won't be delayed.
One of them is Toriyama

Just like there was zero information from SE for the Steam release of FFIV :p

TheTux

Just like there was zero information from SE for the Steam release of FFIV :p

Yeah FFIV was just released and then they made some blog posts days later. Lol that's so weird.

It looks like they want to bring more content on Steam but they care less and less everytime. When they re-re-released VII and VIII they also tried to add some nice small features but now it looks like they just want their games to run on PC and cash-in. FFIV even has a bugged cutscene where you hear more voices and the FFIV Steam Trading Cards are really bad (I already posted about this but got no answer).

I'm glad they stopped using their shitty DRM though, that really was a terrible idea.

TheTux

Wait, what? What cutscene?

I'm currently playing through FFIV right now (while waiting for XIII) so I would like to know more...

I can't remember well, it's a cutscene early in the game where, if I remember correctly,
Golbez talks

Plus there are also some little bugs, for example when you get attacked by certain enemies your characters get the "Bubble" status.

Tizoc

The lame part is that i gotta wait for GMG to send me te code for FF13 which might happen AFTER the game's released.
Hope my new 2 TB HDD arrives tomorrow so I can pick it up before going for work.

TheTux

The lame part is that i gotta wait for GMG to send me te code for FF13 which might happen AFTER the game's released.
Hope my new 2 TB HDD arrives tomorrow so I can pick it up before going for work.

First time I preorder something on GMG (after FFXIV), how does it work? Do they send out the codes automatically at release minute?

First time I preorder something on GMG (after FFXIV), how does it work? Do they send out the codes automatically at release minute?
You'll get an email with your key. Sometimes they release keys a day or two early (if there's a preload), but you're gaurenteed to get them by release day.

I'm in the same boat and it wouldn't be so bad, if Valve would let me activate keys from the mobile app or the web. Then I could at least remotely start the download from work and it would most likely be finished when I get home.

Cerity

Hmm unlock seems to be early saturday morning for me. Not bad I guess, get maybe sunday to play the game.

Y u no let us preload.

TheTux

I'm in the same boat and it wouldn't be so bad, if Valve would let me activate keys from the mobile app or the web. Then I could at least remotely start the download from work and it would most likely be finished when I get home.

You can remotely start download? Serious question, never used the mobile app.

Top Bottom