• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

LuuKyK

That would most likely be it.

That would be amazing if true AND would explain the extra GBs for this version. Although I don't actually see it happening. The steam page says nothing about it, and I would imagine if dual-audio was a thing in this version Square would be proudly screaming about it to the seven ends of the world.

Raitningz

;)

It was free for some weeks on PSN IIRC (or was that for Drakengard 3? lol). We can only hope the same will happen here.

That was what it was, but only because there was no JP audio + Eng sub on the market.
The chinese versions came with chinese text

LuuKyK

That was what it was, but only because there was no JP audio + Eng sub on the market.
The chinese versions came with chinese text

Oh, ok.

Still, the same does not apply to the PC release since there is no previous version of the game that had both the english and japanese audio (like the chinese one) so there is hope?

Wishful thinking, I know. :X

~Kinggi~

Banned
Why the hell aren't you talking about this, S-E? This launches like TOMORROW.

Concerning.

You see the Japanese are new at the whole PC Steam thing to a degree so they are taking notes from the expert playbook from PC geniuses like bethesda to avoid debates and shit.

Why the hell aren't you talking about this, S-E? This launches like TOMORROW.

Concerning.

Probably because they don't really care about it, it's on steam because they had to port it over to PC for Dive In, so they just go a little extra mile for Steam.

That's why I'm thinking it's probably just the most basic type of port (I just hope it plays well with a constant framerate and resolution settings).

~Kinggi~

Banned
Probably because they don't really care about it, it's on steam because they had to port it over to PC for Dive In, so they just go a little extra mile for Steam.

That's why I'm thinking it's probably just the most basic type of port (I just hope it plays well with a constant framerate and resolution settings).

What is Dive In?

golem09

Neo Member
I guess SE just handed the port to steam to do whatever, so no preload or any fancy midnight release. And then getting this stuff they were handed ready, some valve employee saw that SE actually supplied an installer, so they had to double the disk specs.

60 gb hot damn! All those gbs are gonna directly = awesome quality
45 of those will be the new HD cut scenes!

5 will be the HD towns!

7 is dedicated to the pretty character models, like Lightning's feint smile and hair.

The rest is the corridors and gameplay!

J/K

I'm double dipping but still having fun talking about the game, like the reviews on the OT!

I guess SE just handed the port to steam to do whatever, so no preload or any fancy midnight release. And then getting this stuff they were handed ready, some valve employee saw that SE actually supplied an installer, so they had to double the disk specs.

To be honest, I could see it just being them deciding to add the dual audio afterwards. I just don't understand why the page didn't change to specify what the extra 30gb is...

Gvaz

Banned
60 GB huh?

Well with my 2MB/s connection I might swell make this my new steam avatar until it's done

waiting-the-coffee-to-get-colder_245.gif

i have a 30mbit connection, 60gbs is nothing

legacyzero

Banned
60 GB is really fucking excessive. I don't usually bitch about something like this, but why would they need a file that big?

Sorry to derail, but how legit is this Amazon posting for Type-0 PC?

http://www.amazon.it/dp/B00KX5RQKO/

EDIT: What I originally wanted to ask, was if SE has discussed anything as of late regarding the port. I seem to be hearing that it's based on the PC version they had for quite some time and other saying it's based on the console versions. I know the PC version wasn't completed or anything, so...

kurahador

60 GB is really fucking excessive. I don't usually bitch about something like this, but why would they need a file that big?

I think it's like this...rather than putting 2 different game files to download (eng/jap voice) for different regions, they just put 1 version which includes both and then locks one of them from being accessed by said region.

Like said earlier on, it's probably the Japanese audio cutscenes together with the English audio cutscenes.

Does CGI cutscenes lip-synced?

Raitningz

All of the CGI cutscenes are pre-rendered and lip-synced.

SOME of the non-CGI cutscenes are pre-rendered, don't ask me why. If I had to guess, it would probably be because of frame rate, camera, lighting, special particle effects the real-time engine can't render, model posing bones, animation, etc. I don't really know.

Most of the cutscenes aren't CGI.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I think it's like this...rather than putting 2 different game files to download (eng/jap voice) for different regions, they just put 1 version which includes both and then locks one of them from being accessed by said region.

That... that would piss me off.

Oh, it's 60 gigabytes? I like that.

I have plenty of space and I don't mind waiting a little while for it to download. I like it when people put more stuff in games. So I hope they have lots of neat things in there.

Does anyone know when GMG gives out pre-order codes? I want to get mine as soon as I can so I can remotely install this Clifford-ass 60 GB puppy with my 20 Mbps connection.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's interesting.

Does 60GB make it the largest game on Steam?
(That's a JaseC question I guess)

It's the largest base game. Throwing DLC into the mix, X-Plane 10 with all the DLC is presently 66GB and some change.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GUYS

GOOD MORNING

WE'RE REACHING THERE

Top Bottom