• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Square Enix just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Final Fantasy XIII for any system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and unlock Final Fantasy XIII for PC right now or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Shot themselves in the foot? Why would they need to apologize?

tumblr_inline_n5cmsjq3rX1qafrh6.gif

Gvaz

Banned
Square Enix just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Final Fantasy XIII for any system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and unlock Final Fantasy XIII for PC right now or you can kiss your business goodbye.
senpaiobama.jpg

Raitningz

2 hours now!! I'm ready as hell for the night!:
BzgsPuLCUAAsm9j.png:large

I've been literally sitting with the pillow on my lap, controller in hand for almost 3 hours now hitting refresh on this page, and it's going to be 1am soon...... I just wanted to play an hour Square pls

dont torture me like that

The_Monk

All things are organized. Dust-free and clutter-free desk, ready for some relaxing time, I hope.

I think I'm going to make some coffee in the meantime while waiting with you all, my good people. If anyone wants a cup I'll just leave this one here:

sirHLIT.gif

Gbraga

All things are organized. Dust-free and clutter-free desk, ready for some relaxing time, I hope.

I think I'm going to make some coffee in the meantime while waiting with you all, my good people. If anyone wants a cup I'll just leave this one here:

sirHLIT.gif

>_<

Still a little more than 4 hours of work to me >_<

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My god, food in my stomach ready to go

50 hour (at least) play session READY AND SET UP

Gvaz

Banned
All of you complaining is nothing. I'm at work right now taking phone calls for computer illiterate morons for 8 more hours

GavinUK86

sirHLIT.gif

giphy.gif

Sendero

I haven't even purchased this game. I'm just waiting to hear some initial impressions and some HD screenshots along with it.

Please understand.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Arklite

Been patiently waiting for some PC screens, I hope ya'll get your FRAPS ready.

I'll be screenshotting like a mad man, but it's the PC Screenshots thread that I'm hoping will bring the quality shots, somehow HUDless and down sampled to infinity.

Zafir

I don't know how to do downsampling, and I don't have a 4K monitor.
But I can try to take some screenshots, too.
I dunno if it'll work yet, but look up gedosato, that allows you to downsample with some games and it's the easiest method, outside of using nvidias DSR if you have a 970 or 980. If the resolutions are hardcoded into the game it won't work though(Nor will any other downsampling methods).

Gbraga

I dunno if it'll work yet, but look up gedosato, that allows you to downsample with some games and it's the easiest method, outside of using nvidias DSR if you have a 970 or 980. If the resolutions are hardcoded into the game it won't work though(Nor will any other downsampling methods).

The only good thing about being stuck at work is that I won't have to test this kind of stuff. By the time I get home, I'll already know if the game is GeDoSaTo compatible, if it even accepts custom resolutions and etc.

Top Bottom