• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

The spikes are less a problem for the DRG and more a problem for the furniture. You can relax comfortably on a mattress, but getting up is awkward and you have to replace it every time.

(Absolutely worth it though.)

Qvoth

how do you take screenshots of your character from the benchmark? i have 2 that i think i'm settled with but can't decide yet so going to ask for opinions lol

iammeiam

Apparently the earring added to the cash shop last night is from an event in 2011? I guess it's nice they're getting around to making 1.0 stuff available.

This is why you don't treat furniture with any amount of respect.

The boots are super effective at keeping footstools in line and preventing unwanted duels, yes.

ViciousDS

Banned
I was going to do this in the giveaway thread but I wanted to do a FFXIV contest for it because it originally was for my FC.....and out of the 300 members...not a single one uses the forums lol. They Lucked out, whatever.

I'm giving away my GTX 680 since I just got a GTX 970

this GTX 680 is the one in particular and its fucking huge

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007ZT2E1C/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You can enter in this thread with the Title FFXIV Giveaway

that way I can search real quick, Cutoff will be tomorrow night by midnight Central Time. April 27th Midnight Central

Post your most breathtaking in game screenshot and I'll pick a winner on Tuesday

the screenshot cannot be altered! However external capture software can be used....because we all hate that watermark and quality :)

and hopefully get the card out by the end of this week! I work 12 hours so its not easy to get to the post office or UPS store.

Reposting this, 11.5 hours till the contest ends....viewing some peoples scores here.....seems like some of you could use a GFX upgrade lol.

Qvoth

qhXtZvv.jpg
vs
LVaKDWn.jpg

grey or brown guys >_<

Stuart444

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xmAlyoHJT0

So did Shiva EX via DF earlier, first time and we did it without wiping :D. A few mess-ups but the fight isn't too hard.

Only thing I was confused about, I assumed with Avalanche, the person with it would be behind Shiva to get knock-backed and others would move to the sides to avoid it but here people just took it and everyone got knock-backed.

Is that standard in Shiva EX? (regardless of DF/PF)

Also I felt sad when neither of us won the whistle :(.

scy

Go back to summoner where you belong.

Do I still get Goad?

It's wasted in general because Bard will have to use Paeon anyway for themselves.

To be serious for a moment, Bard getting the first Goad (~30-45s into the fight) and then the other melee getting the second on cooldown puts off Paeon by a fair amount. In some cases (e.g., T13), it removes Paeon entirely.

Realistically, I can get by without a Goad for nearly 5 minutes if I have to actually tank things since IB / Steel Cyclone use; even PLD is sort of fine with Shield Swipe procs and any stance dancing costing 2 GCDs.

iammeiam

Your BRD and DRG get no Goad love?

My life in T10 is a carefully calculated set of Paeons because trying to roll two DoTs on all the adds in second add set is true suffering, especially when you hear the Goad noise and realize it's feeding somebody's Fracture addiction. Highlight of my night was hitting 0 TP exactly as Imdugud died.

T12 Bennu phase at least isn't a problem anymore thanks to echo-induced 3 Bennu Dream.

Jayhawk

To be serious for a moment, Bard getting the first Goad (~30-45s into the fight) and then the other melee getting the second on cooldown puts off Paeon by a fair amount.

Realistically, I can get by without a Goad for nearly 5 minutes if I have to actually tank things since IB / Steel Cyclone use; even PLD is sort of fine with Shield Swipe procs and any stance dancing costing 2 GCDs.

My group has been rotating the first two Goads of a fight between my MNK and the BRD since forever. I believe most NIN+2nd melee groups have been doing the same thing. Paeon is only used in T13 if one of the DPS dies soon after popping Invigorate or something, wasting all that TP.

scy

My group has been rotating the first two Goads of a fight between my MNK and the BRD since forever. I believe most NIN+2nd melee groups have been doing the same thing.

Since we're talking about total TP, I don't think the order should matter too much? The only reason I mentioned BRD before MNK is since BRD opener is more expensive than the MNK one so you can start the Goad cooldown earlier while not wasting any ticks.

Regardless, it works out to the same total TP recovered so it's really just about using the first one early in the fight rather than in between 1st and 2nd Invigorate or something.

Edit: ALL THAT SAID, keep giving me Goads so I can just Fracture everything

T12 Bennu phase at least isn't a problem anymore thanks to echo-induced 3 Bennu Dream.

I probably would've wiped us if we got 4 \o/

Gotta aim high! When are we trying 2 Bennu pulls?!

Jayhawk

Regardless, it works out to the same total TP recovered so it's really just about using the first one early in the fight rather than in between 1st and 2nd Invigorate or something.

Yep, it's about finding the right time in the fight for that 1st recipient to get full benefit of Goad so that they don't get capped at 1000 TP and wasting a TP tick. You also don't want to delay using Goad more than you have to. If somebody is capped with 1000 TP, why aren't they spamming FRACTURE?

edgefusion

My group has been rotating the first two Goads of a fight between my MNK and the BRD since forever. I believe most NIN+2nd melee groups have been doing the same thing. Paeon is only used in T13 if one of the DPS dies soon after popping Invigorate or something, wasting all that TP.

Doesn't the Ninja run out of TP?

scy

Doesn't the Ninja run out of TP?

They're still a bit better at TP than Monk. Plus, even with the lowest latency you can manage, you'll still get 1-2 free ticks of TP due to Mudra use. They'll sync up with the Goad'd DPS, though probably burning a bit faster than them still.

Besides that, any fight that doesn't have break times also has multiple adds for the Bard to DoT so their TP is still the limiting factor for Paeon use.

iammeiam

I probably would've wiped us if we got 4 \o/

Gotta aim high! When are we trying 2 Bennu pulls?!

After we try and achieve echo-clicked-off 3 Bennu.

Remember when we tried solo-tank solo-heal 12 thinking 2 Bennu would be the easy part and we wouldn't even worry about clearing? We weren't even... Like... Close.

Alternate answer: after we stop being bads. So never.

Redx508

well i wont be playing on max setting need that 60fps

I like how you can tell who's on SSD or HDD
so who's going top drama's Total Loading Time 152.401 sec

Score: 4846
Average Frame Rate: 37.424
Performance: High
-Easily capable of running the game. Should perform well, even at higher resolutions.
Loading Times by Scene
Scene #1 1.452 sec
Scene #2 4.998 sec
Scene #3 5.261 sec
Scene #4 4.484 sec
Scene #5 4.219 sec
Scene #6 2.019 sec
Total Loading Time 22.434 sec

Croyles

well i wont be playing on max setting need that 60fps

I like how you can tell who's on SSD or HDD
so who's going top drama's Total Loading Time 152.401 sec

Score: 4846
Average Frame Rate: 37.424
Performance: High
-Easily capable of running the game. Should perform well, even at higher resolutions.
Loading Times by Scene
Scene #1 1.452 sec
Scene #2 4.998 sec
Scene #3 5.261 sec
Scene #4 4.484 sec
Scene #5 4.219 sec
Scene #6 2.019 sec
Total Loading Time 22.434 sec

Scene 2 takes me 16 seconds for whatever reason. The rest are only slightly higher than yours, yet my overall score is 1000 better. You running on SSD?

I have a 120gb SSD but it is for windows only.

Jayhawk

I'm surprised my 5 year old CPU was able to do as well as it did when I ran the benchmark this morning. Got like 5500+ on 1080p maximum. It might be time for upgrades.

Redx508

Scene 2 takes me 16 seconds for whatever reason. The rest are only slightly higher than yours, yet my overall score is 1000 better. You running on SSD?

I have a 120gb SSD but it is for windows only.

yea ssd what card do you have i got a 7870 my cpu is running at 4.2Ghz also

Croyles

yea ssd what card do you have i got a 7870 my cpu is running at 4.2Ghz also

GTX 760 and a i7-3770k non OC cpu because i dont want to to tinker with that shit.

But seeing as how I have decided to buy a GTX 970 it might be worth overclocking the CPU? I think the warranty on my CPU has already run out so might be worth it, I dunno.

Had fun streaming this last night. 3.0 hype.

http://youtu.be/QPLGfwayOp8

FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Benchmark
Tested on: 4/27/2015 2:38:37 AM
Score: 10195
Average Frame Rate: 78.813
Performance: Extremely High
-Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.

System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150316-1654)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz
8017.652MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (VRAM 3072 MB) 9.18.0013.4788

Also new ponytail doesn't look right for Korra :(

Raijinken

I've underestimated the Macbook Pro...

mzcgLG7.png

Score: 8005
Average Frame Rate: 66.011
Performance: Extremely High
-Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.
Loading Times by Scene
Scene #1 5.237 sec
Scene #2 16.642 sec
Scene #3 7.033 sec
Scene #4 6.921 sec
Scene #5 6.336 sec
Scene #6 6.416 sec
Total Loading Time 48.589 sec

I guess I'll be using this to raid in Heavensward after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom