• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Is the PS4 getting a slight graphical bump with 3.0? Cool if so, but only if they keep performance at the same level. If not, well I'm only going to be a few months away from upgrading my PC anyway. Then just need to decide if streaming to the living room via gigabit is viable.

Item Box

Is the fxaa in the benchmark still the same garbage used in the current game? can't really afford anything more expensive and this game has some of the worst aliasing i've seen since half life 2.

Ken

572781.jpg

Machinist AF preserving that ZR.

/salute

iammeiam

Fried salty tears from BRDs, who aren't anymore the only support job in the game.

Sorry BRDs, you're time is over!

I am actually really curious how they'll handle dual support DPS classes. Right now things are kind of structures so that when you have two jobs fulfilling the same group function you want one of each--WAR/PLD, SCH/WHM. Bard has squeaked by as unquestionably worst DPS because lolutility. Does Machinist get equally reduced DPS? Do they get redundant support skills making it either/or? Do they get better DPS but weaker support skills? Do they get complementary ones encouraging bringing both roles (this cannot be the answer it is too dumb)? Are they just going to add redundancy to everyone so you finally don't basically need any given role?

Questions!

I think this is the first time I have ever actually done that Challenge Log entry.

please send help

oneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofusoneofus

Valor

I am actually really curious how they'll handle dual support DPS classes. Right now things are kind of structures so that when you have two jobs fulfilling the same group function you want one of each--WAR/PLD, SCH/WHM. Bard has squeaked by as unquestionably worst DPS because lolutility. Does Machinist get equally reduced DPS? Do they get redundant support skills making it either/or? Do they get better DPS but weaker support skills? Do they get complementary ones encouraging bringing both roles (this cannot be the answer it is too dumb)? Are they just going to add redundancy to everyone so you finally don't basically need any given role?

Questions!

I think we're going to see a handful of abilities to help Bard's dps rise. The difficulty in balancing Bard DPS, I would imagine, is that they have use of basically every good offensive cooldown that exists. If you gave them damage output on par with, say, Dragoon you would see them become immeasurably better than Dragoon because of dat burst doe.

Basically, with Goad being brought by Ninja, Bard's Paeon has seen a decent dip in how much it has to be used, which raises Bard DPS. If you add in another ability of that ilk that helps regenerate mana for healers that isn't reliant on Bard songs, then you'd probably see a drop in the amount of Bards around the game.

I would personally find the answer in redundancy. Redundancy doesn't water the game down or make it so that classes aren't important, because they will be. There will be things that some jobs do that others simply can't. For example, I doubt that you'll see another class pick up "Dragon Kick", so that would be a utility that only MNK provides. Vital? No. Useful? Sure.

TL;DR I see Bard's niche in the game being in its song management, since they'll be able to fill in decently at whatever needs to be done. They can do very good DPS, they can recharge mana and tp, they can help magic folk do more damage, and perhaps even more utility later on in Heavensward. If they added in a simple ability like a Battle Voice that would cut the 20% dps penalty for a song for 20 seconds, I think you can do some pretty good damage while giving utility, which I think is what Machinist may provide. Maybe you could consider Bard's utility to be defensive, so maybe Machinist will provide offensive utility. It'll be interesting to see what happens, but I would be a bit surprised if Machinist fully takes over the dps utility role from Bards.

B-Dex

Towellie is trying to get caught up with main scenario and all he is doing is bitching cause you can't just play the expansion and are forced to go through the content. Lol wtf.

Why bother playing if you don't want to?

He's also pissed you can't mount everywhere and doesn't know how to return or teleport properly.

Skips everything as well. Just mad clicking and bitching.

T.O.P

Banned
Renewed my subscription...the Heavensward hype got me :D

Gonna start a new character on pc (WHM again) and casually level it up until the expansion drops since i would like to focus on one of the new classes

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
What does that even mean.

They seemed about as silly as every other race/gender's emotes, which I guess means most emotes in this game are anime.
no seriously, what does that mean
It means they tried to hard to make some of their emotes cute that it came off as unnatural and not cute at all. Like bad anime.
"[insert thing] is so anime" comments are getting sorta dumb.
It's a bad habit.

ViciousDS

Banned
Everything set to max:

My miqo'te is ready.

we are pretty much deadlocked.....shows your i5 is pretty damn solid of a CPU

Code:
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Benchmark
Tested on: 4/27/2015 5:30:31 PM
Score: 10832
Average Frame Rate: 84.940
Performance: Extremely High
 -Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.
Loading Times by Scene
  Scene #1	1.406 sec
  Scene #2	6.197 sec
  Scene #3	5.105 sec
  Scene #4	4.481 sec
  Scene #5	4.357 sec
  Scene #6	1.786 sec
Total Loading Time	23.333 sec

DAT:s20150427173031.dat

Screen Size: 1920x1080
Screen Mode: Full Screen
DirectX Version: 11
Graphics Presets: Maximum
General
-Wet Surface Effects: Enabled
-Occlusion Culling: Disabled
-LOD on Distant Objects: Disabled
-Real-time Reflections: Highest Quality (DirectX 11 Only)
-Edge Smoothing (Anti-aliasing): FXAA
-Transparent Lighting Quality: High
-Grass Quality: High
-Background Tessellation: High Quality
-Water Tessellation: High Quality
Shadows
-Self: Display
-Other NPCs: Display
Shadow Quality
-LOD on Shadows: Disabled
-Shadow Resolution: High - 2048p
-Shadow Cascading: Best
-Shadow Softening: Strong
Texture Detail
-Texture Filtering: Anisotropic
-Anisotropic Filtering: x16
Movement Physics
-Self: Full
-Other NPCs: Full
Effects
-Limb Darkening: Enabled
-Radial Blur: Enabled
-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion: HBAO+: High Quality (DirectX 11 Only)
-Glare: Normal
Cinematic Cutscenes
-Depth of Field: Enabled

System
Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (10061.fbl_impressive.150410-2039)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
8149.727MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (VRAM 3072 MB) 9.18.0013.4990

FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Benchmark
Tested on: 4/27/2015 7:17:28 PM
Score: 1969
Average Frame Rate: 15.671
Performance: Slightly Low
-Capable of running the game, but may experience some slowdown. Adjust settings to improve performance.
Loading Times by Scene
Scene #1 16.856 sec
Scene #2 62.213 sec
Scene #3 59.791 sec
Scene #4 51.834 sec
Scene #5 41.486 sec
Scene #6 15.704 sec
Total Loading Time 247.886 sec

This is why I play on a PS4.

Apoptomon

Code:
Score: 6542
Average Frame Rate: 51.242
Performance: Very High
 -Easily capable of running the game. Should perform exceptionally well, even at higher resolutions.
Loading Times by Scene
  Scene #1	9.192 sec
  Scene #2	30.961 sec
  Scene #3	12.180 sec
  Scene #4	15.821 sec
  Scene #5	12.439 sec
  Scene #6	6.316 sec
Total Loading Time	86.914 sec

Screen Size: 1920x1080
Screen Mode: Full Screen
DirectX Version: 11
Graphics Presets: Maximum

System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150316-1654)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz
8106.984MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Ti OEM (VRAM 1991 MB) 9.18.0013.5012
Acceptable, but could probably do with some tweaking.
That Scene 2 loading time though...

Zareka

Just got done from playing all day after a long break and wow do I struggle for motivation to do stuff. I might considering a fresh start with a realm transfer when the expac hits. I feel a bit distant with my current guild.

Just seems like a weird way to describe things. A lot of their unique hair styles do look like something you'd see in an anime, but then 90% of all gear, animations, dialogue, and so forth are also something you'd see in a typical anime. That style is pretty intertwined with JRPGs to begin with. (for obvious reasons)

Oh and male Au Ra got a lot of the other race's male hair styles on top of the super saiyan hair, so if that's all that's holding you back it's not a big deal.
It's difficult to explain without talking as if there are different levels of 'anime'. In the case of the Au Rau males they look like something off a 12 year olds deviant art page.

That said, while I originally thought the pre-expansion hairs looked weird on them I've seen a couple that look pretty cool in this thread. I'll give another bash at making them but I've grown find my of female Au Raus by this point.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I lost my old character appearance save since I changed computers. Is there a way to save my current character appearance as a save just in case I want to fantasia back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom