• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm running windows 10 atm, I'll post my findings when I get home....curious as to how good it is, been running everything on it so far and I love the OS.....even more than 7. Have had no issues at all with drivers as well.

BlCDsAq.png

FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Benchmark
Tested on: 27/04/2015 15:39:11
Score: 8429
Average Frame Rate: 69.477
Performance: Extremely High
-Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.
Loading Times by Scene
Scene #1 3.927 sec
Scene #2 17.253 sec
Scene #3 7.783 sec
Scene #4 8.862 sec
Scene #5 7.794 sec
Scene #6 4.098 sec
Total Loading Time 49.720 sec

I honestly thought the laptop would get lower than this, so it's nice to see.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
cSV2lsF.jpg

Too l33t for the rest of you
Code:
Score: 1337
Average Frame Rate: 10.403
Performance: Low
 -Capable of running the game, but will experience considerable slowdown. Adjusting settings is unlikely to improve performance.
Loading Times by Scene
  Scene #1	12.064 sec
  Scene #2	35.712 sec
  Scene #3	32.455 sec
  Scene #4	30.777 sec
  Scene #5	27.038 sec
  Scene #6	14.354 sec
Total Loading Time	152.401 sec
After I nerfed some of the settings. Victory screen had nothing but disappointment from my party. Business as usual lol

My PS3 might actually run it better than this

Have you thought of building a PC? Or maybe getting a PS4? Just curious.

Croyles

I was expecting a bit more than that.

Does running dual monitors affect the performance?

I guess I'll try with distant objects in low res and lower water tessellation.

My "Loading Times By Scene" was 40.7 seconds.

Ochibi

Just heard that the next Letter Live from Producter (XXI) will be held in Nantes, France which surprise me because there is no event in May in this city. It's not a small city but it's not as big as Paris so it's kinda strange for me (not because I live in Paris but more because they organize events in Paris, where the majority of press are located). So maybe, this is the moment to talk more about Heavensward and maybe European Server ?

11196335_821988244557978_5133410484634796980_n.jpg

rubius01

Tested on: 4/27/2015 10:01:50 AM
Score: 11274
Average Frame Rate: 86.711
Loading Times by Scene
Scene #1 3.924 sec
Scene #2 18.740 sec
Scene #3 6.498 sec
Scene #4 7.481 sec
Scene #5 5.627 sec
Scene #6 3.040 sec
Total Loading Time 45.313 sec

And here I was slightly worried I would see a performance hit with DX11

Tash

Tested on: 27/04/2015 17:13:16
Score: 7032
Average Frame Rate: 54.758
Loading Times by Scene
Scene #1 1.679 sec
Scene #2 7.795 sec
Scene #3 6.301 sec
Scene #4 5.762 sec
Scene #5 5.316 sec
Scene #6 2.242 sec
Total Loading Time 29.096 sec

Would windows 10 (from 8.1) and a newer Graphics Card (from Nvidia GTX 680) Make any performance difference?
edit: running dual monitors.

orion434

So what's new in the Crafting Realm lately, I took a small break for 3 months, back in grad-school. I'm just stocking mats and materia. Did they increase the Mastercraft drop-rate on Artisan main-hand tools? I got 18 from 12 desynths yesterday.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck yo kawaii uguu demon princesses this is what I have been waiting for.

So spikey the spikes clip through the spikes. The glory of maximum JRPG. AF3 better be just literally be a robot made out of spikes.

ebil

Just heard that the next Letter Live from Producter (XXI) will be held in Nantes, France which surprise me because there is no event in May in this city. It's not a small city but it's not as big as Paris so it's kinda strange for me (not because I live in Paris but more because they organize events in Paris, where the majority of press are located). So maybe, this is the moment to talk more about Heavensward and maybe European Server ?
Such an odd choice for a Live Letter location... Unless they're indeed opening a data center over there. Which would make sense, sort of.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Dragoon armor looks so nice. Fit for a King Dragoon like myself.

Also the designs for the Aura are so much better than the Korean mmo wankbait we got.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
yeah, when I saw someone with the same CPU as me but with a 970 instead of a 670 have like a 5 thousand higher score... I kinda wanted to upgrade

I'm running an i7-3770k with GTX 670 and i bet i'm going to have the same #s as you. I'm thinking of getting a 970 myself. I'll post my numbers later tonight.

IvorB

Floating Continent is 3.1 so I guess whatever style of content that ends up being will be their "filler" one?

And each time I'll think it's about me?

So just like normal then, actually.

Hm ...

Do you want to do that kind of content with random people? The hard parts of Savage Coil, for instance, isn't really about the difficulty of the mechanics themselves. Most of them aren't that bad. It's the level of coordination needed on the fly for them. The idea of doing that with random people is frightening to me; you can't really build up that coordination quickly.

I liken the "CT difficulty" to more mean like ... CT/ST/WoD or even nerfed Second Coil design where the coordination checks are scaled back. You need mechanics to be dealt with at an individual level rather than at the group level.

Well some stuff is always gonna be tailored to statics and that's cool. But CT is the opposite end of the spectrum and way too easy. At least if they could make the junior raid EX primal-level that would be better. I dunno, maybe I'm just a real small demographic...

Such an odd choice for a Live Letter location... Unless they're indeed opening a data center over there. Which would make sense, sort of.

I don't think there's data centers for any mmo in Nantes though? A lot of them tend to be in the netherlands or in germany, with some in Paris. Does sound kinda weird, so maybe. Could probably do the new 6 mudras ninjutsus in half a GCD with that kind of ping. And yes it's inside NDA info, but the new ninja skills are all 6mudras combinations, and they're adding 3 more base mudras, but only 3 ninjutsus out of these thousands of combinations, everything else is rabbit hat.

aceface

Just to note, you can have your character featured in the benchmark video, whatever one is in the default save slot in character creation is in there. I loaded up my saved data from 2.0 and it was my lalafell flying the dragons around and doing the dragoon lb at the end.

scy

Well some stuff is always gonna be tailored to statics and that's cool. But CT is the opposite end of the spectrum and way too easy. At least if they could make the junior raid EX primal-level that would be better. I dunno, maybe I'm just a real small demographic...

What I was getting at is that the mechanics for CT/ST/WoD vs Coil are about individual reactions vs group ones; what makes CT/ST/WoD so easy is that the fights are essentially tuned for an 8-man (maybe 12) but you're given 24 bodies. I wouldn't really take "CT-level" to mean just as easy when you only have 8 people.

Edit: In other news, I forgot to download the benchmark oops.

ebil

I don't think there's data centers for any mmo in Nantes though? A lot of them tend to be in the netherlands or in germany, with some in Paris. Does sound kinda weird, so maybe. Could probably do the new 6 mudras ninjutsus in half a GCD with that kind of ping. And yes it's inside NDA info, but the new ninja skills are all 6mudras combinations, and they're adding 3 more base mudras, but only 3 ninjutsus out of these thousands of combinations, everything else is rabbit hat.
Apparently Nantes is one of France's Internet backbones (I don't know anything about how that works so don't ask me, just parroting what Knowledgeable Friend #03 told me after researching for all of 2 seconds) and it would probably be on the cheap side compared to the "regular" locations I guess? That would be awesome news considering we haven't heard anything about a EU DC in months
still keeping my expectations low

Valor

What I was getting at is that the mechanics for CT/ST/WoD vs Coil are about individual reactions vs group ones; what makes CT/ST/WoD so easy is that the fights are essentially tuned for an 8-man (maybe 12) but you're given 24 bodies. I wouldn't really take "CT-level" to mean just as easy when you only have 8 people.

Edit: In other news, I forgot to download the benchmark oops.

I just want to add on to this that CT/ST/WoD raids aren't meant to have tight mechanics the same way Coil does because you're coordinating 24 people, which is pretty much impossible. Basically, there's a massive magin for error.

But seriously, can you imagine Cerberus tuned down to an 8 person fight? That would be pretty intense. Really, the boss fights in WoD are pretty good. If you made the mechanics a bit more focused and not as broad, they could be some very challenging fights.

Do you have a mattress there as well? I can't imagine that being comfortable.

You're talking to someone who enjoys having spikes protruding from every surface of their armor. They can't even sit down comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom