• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tash

If any Euros are playing on Phoenix:

We are loosing our warrior for the expansion. We are a casual but very dedicated group of friends who has cleared all raid content. Raiding only two times per week (usually Monday and Wednesday). Lots of fun, bs and chatting in TS. Let me know if someone is interested. Big shoes to fill!

I said casual time wise but we are looking for a player who knows how to play their job to their best knowledge and ability.

grimmiq

So is there going be some kind of character creation voting/suggestion thread? I have 10 different Au'Ra that I can't decide between, and that's after 1 day.

grimmiq

I'll probably make dozens of new ones each week til release and post my top 3 here..then whittle that down to a grand finale.

Let the battle for my new character commence!
Round 1
SBcelGp.png

z4yakgJ.png

MwPE287.png

Really not digging the other 2 face/horn types.

I'll probably make dozens of new ones each week til release and post my top 3 here..then whittle that down to a grand finale.

Round 1

I like the 2nd and 3rd ones better than the first. Second has a very unique look compared to the other Au'Ra I've seen so far. I think it's the eyes.

Have about 3 variations on my Heavensward Highlander. I may end up scrapping it completely if I somehow come to like the Au'Ra more once I try making some.

grimmiq

I like the 2nd and 3rd ones better than the first. Second has a very unique look compared to the other Au'Ra I've seen so far. I think it's the eyes.

Have about 3 variations on my Heavensward Highlander. I may end up scrapping it completely if I somehow come to like the Au'Ra more once I try making some.

Mouths on 1 and 2 just don't look right to me, like the 3rd one though. Kinda get a Korra vibe from them.

So 3,2,1 (Don't like the mouth, freckles and think the eye shadow on 2&3 look great).

Tash

I LOVE the last one..hands down the most beautiful Highlander I've seen.

I still have faith that the horns for the Au Ra will be separate from the faces..I mean..seriously, that's not that hard to do..just like ears..

Tash

I want to see what you get when you breed a Lalafell with an Au Ra.

Stuff of nightmares.

Lala hating is so yesterday..

It's not like there is a ton of stuff to choose from for any character creation in FFXIV..as a matter of fact I think it's the game's weakest points in comparison to other MMOs. Was always really disappointed with the fact that it's hard to actually make a really unique looking character. Aion's has been the best in the past and Black Desert seems to be the next insane one..granted too much options are not always a good thing..

If memory serves me, Hidden items appear randomly at nodes. Typically they're seeds and stuff for other items, so they'd be found at a random chance at those usual nodes. Shouldn't need anything special for it.

Alright, thanks for the reply. Guess Ive got to look harder for that damn seed. Are these jobs even worth it? Once I buy and Sub to the game im making a Bard until Astrologist hits. Will Botany help with Bard/Archer in the long run orshould I consider something else?

Tash

Isn't that the scarf the story ninja Au Ra girl wears?

Who, Yugiri? Hers is purple and with a hood. Looks much cooler..not like the cheap handkerchief we get..
Now, actually giving us the model Yugiri is wearing, THAT would be cool..of course, it's basically covering her whole face.

Aselith

Alright, thanks for the reply. Guess Ive got to look harder for that damn seed. Are these jobs even worth it? Once I buy and Sub to the game im making a Bard until Astrologist hits. Will Botany help with Bard/Archer in the long run orshould I consider something else?

Yeah you can make pretty decent money with gatherers. Getting a Miner to like 20 will let you mine Effervescent Water that sells really well like 400 Gil per unit on my server and sells extremely fast. Not sure what sells well for Botanists.

You really have to check the market board as the majority of stuff sells for peanuts unfortunately.

If you do go Botanist, you should probably also make a Carpenter. I've noticed that some raw materials aren't worth much but then if you have the appropriate crafter you can make a lot more money converting them to a more refined form. Just for example, Mythril Ore is about 150 gold per unit but I can convert it into Mythril Ingots and sell it for like 700.

chrono01

Lala hating is so yesterday..

It's not like there is a ton of stuff to choose from for any character creation in FFXIV..as a matter of fact I think it's the game's weakest points in comparison to other MMOs. Was always really disappointed with the fact that it's hard to actually make a really unique looking character. Aion's has been the best in the past and Black Desert seems to be the next insane one..granted too much options are not always a good thing..
Sorry, I meant no disrespect. Some of my best friends in-game are Lalafell!

...Although I'll probably be losing a good number of them to Au Ra once Heavensward launches. Honestly, I'm kind of tempted to go male Au Ra myself...

Mouths on 1 and 2 just don't look right to me, like the 3rd one though. Kinda get a Korra vibe from them.

So 3,2,1 (Don't like the mouth, freckles and think the eye shadow on 2&3 look great).

I LOVE the last one..hands down the most beautiful Highlander I've seen.

I still have faith that the horns for the Au Ra will be separate from the faces..I mean..seriously, that's not that hard to do..just like ears..

Number 3 for both.

Well at least I'm doing something right!

I messed around with the Au Ra and got these two. Really liking the second one so I'm looking at Highlander #3 and Au Ra #2 for Heavensward.

Also this benchmark makes me want to get back to leveling Dragoon.

Tash

Yeah, I like the second Au Ra, it's quite unique with the dark brown skin and light scales. Works surprisingly well.

However, it also makes it look a bit like she has a beard and takes away from the femininity of the first version.

Yeah you can make pretty decent money with gatherers. Getting a Miner to like 20 will let you mine Effervescent Water that sells really well like 400 Gil per unit on my server and sells extremely fast. Not sure what sells well for Botanists.

You really have to check the market board as the majority of stuff sells for peanuts unfortunately.

If you do go Botanist, you should probably also make a Carpenter. I've noticed that some raw materials aren't worth much but then if you have the appropriate crafter you can make a lot more money converting them to a more refined form. Just for example, Mythril Ore is about 150 gold per unit but I can convert it into Mythril Ingots and sell it for like 700.

Huh, never though on checking the market. Im already level 8 Botanist so I might as well max it before my trial ends. Should help give me a headstart once I sub. And going back and forth to Gold Saucer is Killing my Gil wallet! X-x

Tash

k voting time for myself

mcKqSZx.png

vs

Xg4nxuG.png

Yx0BeIs.png

I kinda lean towards the succubus/dark mermaid-demon approach but not sure about the hair and if I should drop the little scale on the nose bridge..

grimmiq

k voting time for myself

I kinda lean towards the succubus/dark mermaid-demon approach but not sure about the hair and if I should drop the little scale on the nose bridge..

I like the 2nd but I'm not a fan of face paint on them..it looks fine on the skin but as soon as it crosses over the scales it looks terrible.

Tash

I like the 2nd but I'm not a fan of face paint on them..it looks fine on the skin but as soon as it crosses over the scales it looks terrible.

Oh you think so? It doesn't look to me as if it's crossing over. You mean where they paint meets the scales I guess? Good point, though.

grimmiq

Oh you think so? It doesn't look to me as if it's crossing over. You mean where they paint meets the scales I guess? Good point, though.

Yeah where the paint goes over the top of the scales, it's less noticeable when the paint is a similar colour and probably will notice even less in-game..but that close up it just looks weird to me.

Stuart444

Quick question, can we use some blue tooth device to connect the DS4 to the PC? I'm getting sick and fucking tired of the wired version disconnecting whenever the usb wire is moved even just slightly. (and I don't want to use an XBOX controller)

If so, any advice on what blue tooth connector to buy? I've never actually used any blue tooth stuff with my computer before.

aceface

Quick question, can we use some blue tooth device to connect the DS4 to the PC? I'm getting sick and fucking tired of the wired version disconnecting whenever the usb wire is moved even just slightly. (and I don't want to use an XBOX controller)

If so, any advice on what blue tooth connector to buy? I've never actually used any blue tooth stuff with my computer before.

I got a cheap bluetooth dongle off amazon that had decent reviews but the latency was unacceptable so I didn't end up using it. Maybe other people have had better luck.

Stuart444

I got a cheap bluetooth dongle off amazon that had decent reviews but the latency was unacceptable so I didn't end up using it. Maybe other people have had better luck.

Which one did you get? I'm looking at amazon UK and this is one I'm looking at atm. (also looking around for any other ones on Amazon UK)

This one (edit and This is another one I'm looking at)

Round 1

I really like how distinctive the first one looks, maybe modify it to look more like the 3rd?

k voting time for myself

2nd one is better

So face-wise I guess the male Au'ra choices boil down to 'full sephiroth' and 'oh right I left the oven on'.

First one is better unless you want 2nd one to make the game less serious

Now vote for mine, which do you think is best? Also red skin, blue skin, brown or white?

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member

Making my retainer sitting in the garden 2nd one with Goku hair unless I can find something 'better' (worse). As for yours uh first one I guess? It's kind of hard to make a female au'ra who doesn't look like a model who wandered onto the battlefield by accident.

Stuart444

I'm pretty sure it was the Kinivo one.

Ty, I'll stay away from it.

On the bright side. Alice who switches between the PS4 + Laptop just realized that our Laptop has in-built blue tooth (we never use it so didn't even know the laptop had it in-built) and it works without any latency (at least noticeable latency. It feels the same as using it wired) so that's her covered.

Still need to find one for me at some point though. I'd love to use it without worrying about it disconnecting during a raid or instance.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Oh man, Elemental pugs have gotten really bad. Looks like everybody who wanted to farm Final Coil have done so already and even T9 which used to be a consistent clear with Japanese players is now "I have zero idea what is going on here" land.

RIP Great Labyrinth of Bahamut 2014-2015.
I really hope the loot will be moved eventually to 4-men.

Tash

I really like how distinctive the first one looks, maybe modify it to look more like the 3rd?

2nd one is better

Now vote for mine, which do you think is best? Also red skin, blue skin, brown or white?

Third

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom