• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how many of you guys are going to use your fantasia and race change to Au Ra?

You can tell me. Just be honest.

I am pretty sure one of my friends is.

Still like #3 the most :)

I tried to adjust the face paint to make it look less out of place, might remove it. However, right now, anyone care to give input on the hair options?
8YRIFJt.png

To be honest I think hair doesn't matter because there's a stylist in the game. You'd probably change hairs every few days or so.

So pick the one you like most for now and rotate between them.

I like the 2nd and 3rd ones better than the first. Second has a very unique look compared to the other Au'Ra I've seen so far. I think it's the eyes.

Have about 3 variations on my Heavensward Highlander. I may end up scrapping it completely if I somehow come to like the Au'Ra more once I try making some.

Freckles always wins in my book

k voting time for myself

mcKqSZx.png

vs

Xg4nxuG.png

Yx0BeIs.png

DimQe6P.jpg

Broke 10k on a 780, Purchase Justified.

Looking at the AuRa concept art.. I really wish they went full on Dragon/Succubus race. They are playing it way too safe with the current character creation options. 4 new faces and the only real distinguishable features (Horns) tied to the face. Come on. the scales and tails look like they just pasted them onto humes. Disappointed but whatever.

Just reiterating docbon's post from yesterday:

If anyone is interested, my raid group on Ultros has an open spot for a white mage when the expansion drops. If you are a dope healer, willing to use mumble, and can run during the hours of 7:00-9:00 PM EST on TUE / THUR / SAT, let me know via PM.

We also might have a spot for a Paladin and Caster. We're running in 20 minutes, and will be running again on Thursday. PM docbon (or me. or both.) if you're interested. Willing to train and gear you up during the downtime.

ViciousDS

Banned
we are pretty much deadlocked.....shows your i5 is pretty damn solid of a CPU

Code:
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Benchmark
Tested on: 4/27/2015 5:30:31 PM
Score: 10832
Average Frame Rate: 84.940
Performance: Extremely High
 -Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.
Loading Times by Scene
  Scene #1	1.406 sec
  Scene #2	6.197 sec
  Scene #3	5.105 sec
  Scene #4	4.481 sec
  Scene #5	4.357 sec
  Scene #6	1.786 sec
Total Loading Time	23.333 sec

DAT:s20150427173031.dat

Screen Size: 1920x1080
Screen Mode: Full Screen
DirectX Version: 11
Graphics Presets: Maximum
General
-Wet Surface Effects: Enabled
-Occlusion Culling: Disabled
-LOD on Distant Objects: Disabled
-Real-time Reflections: Highest Quality (DirectX 11 Only)
-Edge Smoothing (Anti-aliasing): FXAA
-Transparent Lighting Quality: High
-Grass Quality: High
-Background Tessellation: High Quality
-Water Tessellation: High Quality
Shadows
-Self: Display
-Other NPCs: Display
Shadow Quality
-LOD on Shadows: Disabled
-Shadow Resolution: High - 2048p
-Shadow Cascading: Best
-Shadow Softening: Strong
Texture Detail
-Texture Filtering: Anisotropic
-Anisotropic Filtering: x16
Movement Physics
-Self: Full
-Other NPCs: Full
Effects
-Limb Darkening: Enabled
-Radial Blur: Enabled
-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion: HBAO+: High Quality (DirectX 11 Only)
-Glare: Normal
Cinematic Cutscenes
-Depth of Field: Enabled

System
Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (10061.fbl_impressive.150410-2039)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
8149.727MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (VRAM 3072 MB) 9.18.0013.4990

Tested on: 4/28/2015 5:47:28 PM
Score: 11170
Average Frame Rate: 86.835
Performance: Extremely High
-Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.
Loading Times by Scene
Scene #1 1.144 sec
Scene #2 5.390 sec
Scene #3 4.571 sec
Scene #4 3.957 sec
Scene #5 4.119 sec
Scene #6 1.599 sec
Total Loading Time 20.783 sec

DAT:s20150428174728.dat

Screen Size: 1920x1080
Screen Mode: Full Screen
DirectX Version: 11
Graphics Presets: Maximum
General
-Wet Surface Effects: Enabled
-Occlusion Culling: Disabled
-LOD on Distant Objects: Disabled
-Real-time Reflections: Highest Quality (DirectX 11 Only)
-Edge Smoothing (Anti-aliasing): FXAA
-Transparent Lighting Quality: High
-Grass Quality: High
-Background Tessellation: High Quality
-Water Tessellation: High Quality
Shadows
-Self: Display
-Other NPCs: Display
Shadow Quality
-LOD on Shadows: Disabled
-Shadow Resolution: High - 2048p
-Shadow Cascading: Best
-Shadow Softening: Strong
Texture Detail
-Texture Filtering: Anisotropic
-Anisotropic Filtering: x16
Movement Physics
-Self: Full
-Other NPCs: Full
Effects
-Limb Darkening: Enabled
-Radial Blur: Enabled
-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion: HBAO+: High Quality (DirectX 11 Only)
-Glare: Normal
Cinematic Cutscenes
-Depth of Field: Enabled

System
Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (10061.fbl_impressive.150410-2039)
8149.727MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (VRAM 3072 MB) 9.18.0013.4990

Benchmark results do not provide any guarantee FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (Windows version) and FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward (Windows version) will run on your system.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Official Website http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/
(C) 2010-2015 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

Share Results
Type 1
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_na #FFXIV Score: 11170 1920x1080 Maximum DX11 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Type 2
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_na #FFXIV Score: 11170 1920x1080 Maximum DirectX11 Full Screen NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Type 3
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_na #FFXIV 1920x1080 Maximum DirectX11 Score: 11170 Extremely High
Type 4
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_na #FFXIV 1920x1080 Maximum DirectX11 Full Screen Score: 11170
Full Results
Score: 11170 Extremely High
1920x1080 Maximum DirectX11 Full Screen
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_na #FFXIV

Well apparently moving the SSD to the 6Gbp/s slot helps :/

2 years of owning this computer and its been sitting in the 3gbps slot.....unbelievable, kill me now GAF

Been looking to jump back into the game and my friends were interested in checking out the free trial demo on PS4. If I booted up my copy of the full game on my paid account would I be able to play with my friends who would be using the trial client?

Sandfox

I'm probably going to start my own static soon. Most people have theirs too early for me and I want something semi-casual. I might just target people who are new, but serious.

Isaccard

Even if Grimm did get a better card his CPU would be a bottleneck

He needs a new toaster PC

Still, I've got a 560Ti laying around if anyones in need

iammeiam

Looking at the AuRa concept art.. I really wish they went full on Dragon/Succubus race. They are playing it way too safe with the current character creation options. 4 new faces and the only real distinguishable features (Horns) tied to the face. Come on. the scales and tails look like they just pasted them onto humes. Disappointed but whatever.

I really like the concept art of the dragon guy on the right, but I'm kind of glad they didn't go with it because I know the females would look nothing like that and I'd just have to rage.

I also spent some time trying to make an ugly waifu. Closest I got was mismatching the eyes and only highlighting one of them. Even then it wasn't so much ugly as she looked kind of brain-damaged.

Jomjom

Banned
Just wondering, has anyone here entered those little screenshot contests they always run during the holiday events? Is it difficult to win the little earrings and trinklets they always give as rewards?

Ken

I'm interested in jumping into the game, when is the best time, when the exp drops? I'd probably join Ultros to play with some GAF members.

I should upgrade my video card.

You'd probably want to use the lull now before expansion drops to catch up on the story so you can enter Ishgard day 1.

And to see if you even like the game before dropping the money on Heavensward.

iammeiam

I'm interested in jumping into the game, when is the best time, when the exp drops? I'd probably join Ultros to play with some GAF members.

I should upgrade my video card.

Doing expansion stuff will require having completed the pre-expansion main story. We're a little under two months from expansion dropping; depending on how much you play and how much of the pre-expansion stuff you want to experience, starting now or fairly soon might not be a bad idea.

You'd probably want to use the lull now before expansion drops to catch up on the story so you can enter Ishgard day 1.

And to see if you even like the game before dropping the money on Heavensward.

I played the beta and really enjoyed it tbh, have they done any mayor changes?

Doing expansion stuff will require having completed the pre-expansion main story. We're a little under two months from expansion dropping; depending on how much you play and how much of the pre-expansion stuff you want to experience, starting now or fairly soon might not be a bad idea.

Sounds good, might get it soon then, I really like how the new race looks, any way I can use it when the exp drops? I know you get a one use potion per char or something like that to change race, is that the only way?

Sandfox

Sounds good, might get it soon then, I really like how the new race looks, any way I can use it when the exp drops? I know you get a one use potion per char or something like that to change race, is that the only way?
You either have to make a new char or use the potion.

iammeiam

After you pay for your first month of service (so after the free month), you'll get a free Fantasia potion that can change your race. You also get one if you buy the CE version of the expansion.

Regardless, though, you can use your first free one to go Au Ra when the expansion drops if you want.

Ken

The game plays largely the same since launch. The only big changes was the WAR rework in 2.1 and DRG's 50 million buffs.

Oh, and leveling isn't as much of a pain as before (less focus on FATEs). Also if you want to play the new jobs, having armory bonus (bonus XP for having a higher level job) will help.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
For the contest of winning a free GTX 670 you only have to do this.

Make the worst character possible in character creation, Au Ra included, and post a picture in the thread. I'll look through all of them and send the winner the card. Sound good? Winner of the other contest doesn't qualify.

Isaccard

For the contest of winning a free GTX 670 you only have to do this.

Make the worst character possible in character creation, Au Ra included, and post a picture in the thread. I'll look through all of them and send the winner the card. Sound good? Winner of the other contest doesn't qualify.

See Scything Moon for my entry.

iammeiam

That is fine, she will have her own account. Just as long as I can register the PS4 to two different account because I would probably play on the console sometimes.

You'd need one copy per person per platform. So if you have the PC version, you can authorize 1 account to log in on PC. If she wants to log in on PC, she needs to purchase a PC copy for the license. Same with PS4--registering the PS4 copy to your account grants your FFXIV account PS4 access, but for her FFXIV account to have PS4 access she'd need a PS4 copy registered to it. You'd also each need your own PSN ID as the FFXIV account gets linked to the PSN ID.

All of the above also applies to expansion--so if you both want your own accounts with PS4 and PC access, you'd need 4 copies of the base game and 4 copies of the expansion.

Freckles always wins in my book

DimQe6P.jpg

Broke 10k on a 780, Purchase Justified.

I gotta run the benchmark in full screen when I get home to see if I can break 10k

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
You'd need one copy per person per platform. So if you have the PC version, you can authorize 1 account to log in on PC. If she wants to log in on PC, she needs to purchase a PC copy for the license. Same with PS4--registering the PS4 copy to your account grants your FFXIV account PS4 access, but for her FFXIV account to have PS4 access she'd need a PS4 copy registered to it. You'd also each need your own PSN ID as the FFXIV account gets linked to the PSN ID.

All of the above also applies to expansion--so if you both want your own accounts with PS4 and PC access, you'd need 4 copies of the base game and 4 copies of the expansion.

This is that bullshit

Valnen

If you're reffering to your expectations then I agree
Eh. It is kind of bullshit that you have to buy the game/expansion on both platforms when the PC client itself is free to download on the website. It would be a lot more consumer friendly if buying a license for the game entitled you to play it on all platforms the game exists on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom