• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

Crafters can have souls now!

Also this is nice:

Players can select Pass even when they have already selected Need or Greed if the loot has not yet been distributed.
Party members will now receive a notification in the log window when you select Need, Greed, or Pass.

Players can now select Item Comparison, Try On, Search for Item, and Link when viewing items in the lot window.

Edit: Oh, welcome our new FC Buff overlord:

Reduced Rates III Reduces teleportation fees by 30%.
Duration: 24h

iammeiam

Relic nerfs are interesting but it looks like the only nerf to books was decreasing enemy kill count
The items required to create and upgrade Zodiac Weapons must now be purchased using Allagan tomestones of poetics instead of Allagan tomestones of soldiery.
The drop rate for atma has been increased.
The number of enemies to defeat for the Trials of the Braves has been reduced.
The drop rate of alexandrite from FATEs has been increased.
The number of alexandrite received from the quest "Morbid Motivation" has been increased.
The rate at which weapons gain soul attunement and soul resonance has been increased.
The drop rate of dungeon items required to make a Zodiac Weapon has been increased.
Bring on the undersized parties.

Ken

Skilspeed and spellspeed now affect damage over time and healing over time effects.
The effect of determination on auto-attacks has been reduced.
Critical hit rate now affects damage dealt with a critical strike.
Certain attributes no longer affect parry or block.

iammeiam

Ooooh:

[2.0] The armoury bonus when below level 50 has been increased to a 100% increase in experience points gained.
From level 50 onward, the armoury bonus is a 50% increase in experience points gained.

That'll speed things up considerably.

scy

[2.0] Player attributes have been adjusted as follows:
Skilspeed and spellspeed now affect damage over time and healing over time effects.
The effect of determination on auto-attacks has been reduced.
Critical hit rate now affects damage dealt with a critical strike.
Certain attributes no longer affect parry or block.

That's interesting ... a lot of new math to worry about suddenly. And I guess the Determination scaling was about to become too good?

[2.0] Pets have been adjusted as follows.
The base accuracy of pets has been raised. Furthermore, all pet attacks will now be treated as if attacking from the rear.
Pets will now receive the attribute bonuses of food items.
In order to receive the effects of the caster's spell speed attribute, all pet actions excluding auto-attacks have been changed to elemental damage.

\o/\o/\o/

Phenomic

So I'm still curious if anyone can find them I haven't noticed anything. Or maybe someone who plays the game at E3

I play with a controller and Yoshi P explicitly said he knew there might be some issues with fitting everything on the current button config. Did they end up addressing that at all?

Alphinuad and Minfilia's new VA's sound great, I'm not sure if Merlwyb needed recasting, Kan-E-Senna sounded the same, as did Raubahn. The voice acting seems to be on a whole nother level in comparison to ARRs

I couldn't tell if that was Alphinaud or someone else with him just happening to be onscreen at the same time.

After comparing a few videos Raubahn's voice actor sounds completely different. Which is a shame since I really liked his old one.

Looks like we get an immediate job quest at 50 as long as "Before the Dawn" is completed.

Demoskinos

[2.0] Emotes where female characters other than lalafells crouch have been adjusted.

If I can't make my cat girl twerk then whats the point of this game?

Wonder what secondary tanks should go for now.

Probably still det, or crit for warriors. Since crit now affects crit damage it seems and since wars get a lot of base crit from Defiance, I guess it'd be far ahead for them. Similarily, classes with higher crit than usual might benefit more from crit than det(so rip current monk gear maybe). Seems they at least want to normalize the stats in power so you pick stuff base on your actual class strength rather than always the same thing with a few exceptions.

Lots of good stuff in those notes, sadly we don't really know what any of the skills do. Also one of the ninja skills mentionned in stuff that was adjusted doesn't actually exist I'm pretty sure(maybe they translated Shukuchi?). Interested in seeing those adjustements since we didn't hear anything on them, for example Lustrate was changed, so I assume it heals for a different % than the current one, to account for increased health pools versus healing amounts?

And god so many new DoL/DoH skills. Seems it'll be an entirely new thing. I'm a bit surprised there's so many new DoL actions actually, even pre 50. Wonder if they made it less boring as hell to level. And fishing gets to choose when they fish maps, which is like, so good, thank god.

Finally the most important aspect I feel for people lvling the new classes is the boost to 100% combat xp, that's pretty huge. Only nerf to leveling I noticed was that Dzemazel first room runs are pretty much dead, but I didn't like doing that so no big deal. The byproduct is AV "wait for the plants to hatch" is also useless now, or way less important, so it'll speed up the clears a bunch.

Now the real wait begins.

Tirod

So I've got an E3 pass this year and thought I heard something about the full patch notes being livestreamed one day? I'm not imagining things right because I'd like to attend. Is that what the Live Letter is or Duty Commenced?

Got to play Au Ra Astrologian today, as well as run into Yoshi P and snag a pic with him. \o/

suzu

e76258d6487ea30feb388f9ecc0a926fddc9eca8_38.png

Dat lucky/maneki-cat carby. :v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom