• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRNG

Wow patch notes so disappointing, leaving out the most exciting thing, new skill/action descriptions. Some cool stuff we didn't know about here or there but still a downer.

Also what is with the parry change, they talking about dex? Why nerf something that didn't matter? Confused.

Has anyone else pre-ordered from GMG recently? I don't think I've gotten my key yet. Wondering if others have.
Got my code instantly months ago, I'd check e-mail again or contact GMG, you should of gotten it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
yeah I'm using the same PSN account. I'm trying to email SE and see if they can help.

What if I delete the game and reinstall it again? Will that fix it?
Did you purchase the $20 standalone version or the $60 base game+expansion bundle? The bundle version unlocks next Tuesday.

So I've got an E3 pass this year and thought I heard something about the full patch notes being livestreamed one day? I'm not imagining things right because I'd like to attend. Is that what the Live Letter is or Duty Commenced?

Got to play Au Ra Astrologian today, as well as run into Yoshi P and snag a pic with him. \o/

That was tonight after the show floor closed (probably in their hotel). They're doing Duty Commenced (probably just a brief look at the patch notes by the English community team) tomorrow while the Live Letter (Yoshida discussing/demoing the expansion) is on Thursday.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. (PDT) - Heavensward (Preliminary) Patch Note Reading
Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. (PDT) - Duty Commenced
Thursday, June 18, 2015 at 2:00 a.m. (PDT) - All Worlds Maintenance (24 hours)
Thursday, June 18, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. (PDT) - Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXII
Friday, June 19, 2015 at 2:00 a.m. (PDT) - Early Access Begins
Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - "FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward" On Sale!

suzu

OMG THEY DID IT! THEY ADDED T-REXAUR!

e76258d6487ea30feb388f9ecc0a926fddc9eca8_88.png

lol that was the first thing I asked about when they opened the forums for user input. I've...kinda got a thing for dragon,dinosaur, and mecha FF enemies...

I see the flying cat monster from FFV. :eek:

pablito

Wow patch notes so disappointing, leaving out the most exciting thing, new skill/action descriptions. Some cool stuff we didn't know about here or there but still a downer.

Also what is with the parry change, they talking about dex? Why nerf something that didn't matter? Confused.

Got my code instantly months ago, I'd check e-mail again or contact GMG, you should of gotten it.

Found it! Was just looking in the wrong place.

Tirod

That was tonight after the show floor closed (probably in their hotel). They're doing Duty Commenced (probably just a brief look at the patch notes by the English community team) tomorrow while the Live Letter (Yoshida discussing/demoing the expansion) is on Thursday.

Awesome, thank you for the info. I must have misunderstood or misheard.

Zomba13

Not sure I like the idea of VA recasting if the trailer is anything to go by. They sound so different. They might not have been the best but the voices were distinct. Like Merlywb and Alphinaud.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I was salty about BLMs not getting a new animation, but now that I think about it, being able to cast Meteor is still pretty rad.

Some info from people who played at E3:

First from reddit the list of the AST skills http://i.imgur.com/1whyU7Q.png

Then from a friend, @Kriptini, the new skills of SMN/SCH/NIN, doesn't have everything but better than nothing:

Ninja

Aeolian Edge: Now only applies full potency from rear. (320 rear, 280 back)
Smoke Screen: Reduces target's current enmity. Didn't actually use it, but seems straightforward.
Armor Crush: Combos after Gust Slash. Deals full potency from flank, less from rear. Extends Huton duration by 30 sec (max 70).
Shadewalker: Reduces target's enmity gain by 80% for about ten seconds. Does not work on tanks (I tried).
Duality: Your next attack hits twice. Couldn't really tell if it was working or not.
Dream Within a Dream: OGCD attack with a 90s CD. Super meh.

Scholar

Indomitability: 400 Potency AoE heal, consumes 1 Aetherflow, long cooldown.
Broil: 170 Potency single-target attack, no cooldown, cast time is same as Ruin, mana cost is 5x higher than Ruin.
Deployment Tactics: Spreads the Galvanize and Eye for an Eye on the target to nearby allies. Long cooldown, doesn't consume Aetherflow.
Emergency Tactics: Your next Adlo (and maybe Succor?) ignores the shield component and heals for that instead. Long cooldown, doesn't consume Aetherflow.
Dissipation: Kills your fairy, but boosts your healing by 50% for a while and gives you full Aetherflow. Can't resummon Fairy while Dissipation is active.

SUMMONER (OH SHIT)

Enkindle: CD is now only 180 seconds.
Painflare: 200 potency AoE centered on the target, consumes 1 Aetherflow.
Ruin III: 170 (?) potency casted ability like Ruin. Costs 10x as much MP as Ruin.
Tri-disaster: Instant cast, 90 sec CD. Applies Bio II, Miasma, and Bio to target.
Dreadwyrm Trans: Every time you use Aetherflow, you gain a stack of Alteration (lasts 30 seconds). When you have 3 Alteration stacks, you can become TRANS BAHAMUT. While in this state, damage is increased by 10% and MP cost of Ruin III becomes half the MP cost of Ruin. (Ex. Ruin normally costs 100 MP and Ruin III costs 1000. While Trans Bahamut, Ruin III would cost 50.)
Deathflare: 400 potency instant-cast AoE on the target. Ends Dreadwyrm Trans and can only be used while it's active.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Oh shit! I'm definitely going to get my SMN to 60. FUUUUUU

Ken

Why do the new SCH spells sound like they're a response to the SCH/AST setup rather than being something...new and Scholarly. All the high potency cures sound like it's trying to fill in for a missing WHM.

iammeiam

Summoner stuff sounds strong; I do wonder if the build at E3 is old given that it sounds like Dissipation is the pre-nerf value and at least one person reported Machinist ammo seemed broken. Emergency Tactics is kind of the opposite of what I'd hoped--if it consumed Galvanize and converted to heal you could combo it with Deployment tactics for a weird sort of AOE panic heal maybe; sounds like it's just an extra-big heal up front.

Still waiting for somebody at E3 to try bard and explain what the hell Empyrean Arrow and Warden's Paean do.

Holy fuck the Scholar class got screwed over worse than I was expecting in new skills. Broil sounds entirely worthless and I don't understand the point in high cooldowns on powerful heals.

I very much hope Dissipation lasts at least somewhere in the 15-30 second range rather than the 10-15 second range I'm expecting.

As it stands it almost sounds like the Scholars could ignore these skills completely and still do fine. Thank god I leveled a White Mage since it appears SE is making an effort to worship at their with their new skills.

Ken

Huh, just noticed this.

* The number of experience points received from bosses has been increased, while that received from all other enemies has been decreased. Please note this does not affect the overall experience gained from the above dungeons.

Rip first room aurum vale/DD grinding

Holy fuck the Scholar class got screwed over worse than I was expecting in new skills. Broil sounds entirely worthless and I don't understand the point in high cooldowns on powerful heals.

I very much hope Dissipation lasts at least somewhere in the 15-30 second range rather than the 10-15 second range I'm expecting.

As it stands it almost sounds like the Scholars could ignore these skills completely and still do fine. Thank god I leveled a White Mage since it appears SE is making an effort to worship at their with their new skills.

Well I don't entirely disagree, but the aoe heal is nice for non sustained aoe healing situations which is a lot of them, if the cd is like 30ish seconds or so it fits fine. Broil I'm not sure what's the point tbh, but I guess it's a way to dump excess mana when the bard is singing cause the whm died/spammed cure II/medica too hard or whatever. Dissipation sounds pretty shit, kinda like I expected, unless the aetherflow doesn't consume for the duration. 50% healing sounds crazy, but the fairy does crazy healing too, and it needs to come with a swiftcast resummon at the end, and you need to have dumped all your fairy cds before you use it, it's just really messy. I guess if you know exactly when you need large bursts of healing and assuming it lines up with swiftcast cd, you could use it fine I guess, but it sounds pretty meh really. If the fairy was resummoned at the end, it'd be another story.

Impulsor

Ok, I quit this game some time ago, have a COnjurer at level 24.

Gonna get the Xpac and come back to this since I got a new PC.

What class should I get once I reach level 30? The new Astrologian class? I was going to go white mage before...

Any tips for a returning player? Treat me as if I was just starting, lol.

Ken

Ok, I quit this game some time ago, have a COnjurer at level 24.

Gonna get the Xpac and come back to this since I got a new PC.

What class should I get once I reach level 30? The new Astrologian class? I was going to go white mage before...

Any tips for a returning player? Treat me as if I was just starting, lol.

You need to complete the Main Scenario to have access to Ishgard and Astrologian so you might as well take your CNJ to 50.

Impulsor

You need to complete the Main Scenario to have access to Ishgard and Astrologian so you might as well take your CNJ to 50.

Oh, I see, I may go for White mage then, regardless. I can always level up astrolgian too, afterwards, right?

Kouriozan

Resubed/pre-ordered the Steam digital CE 2 days ago since I bought ARR there, finished the story back when 2.55 released, I'm sooo ready for Heavensward.
And I'm glad my main job is getting more interesting (SMN)

Ken

What does that mean exactly?

EDIT: I'm going to assume you mean Heavensward. Meaning that I still have a long way to go till I get to Expansion content?

Getting to 50 on your first character probably takes a good 2 weeks or more going at a pretty decent pace iirc.

Ken

What would be the fastest way to level up Dark Knight? Dungeons, roulette and guildleves?

Roulettes daily, dungeons, and guildleves while you wait for queue times yeah. The 100% armoury bonus should help a lot too. Also completing challenge logs as you do those stuffs.

Semper88

Worried about WAR, they are so not flashy compared to DRK and PLD.

Animations are bland, even the PLD gets better ones now. lets not begin about how cool DRK looks..

Might reroll DRG then :D

Ken

Worried about WAR, they are so not flashy compared to DRK and PLD.

Animations are bland, even the PLD gets better ones now. lets not begin about how cool DRK looks..

Might reroll DRG then :D

Eh, they had some cool stuff in that abilities video IMO.

Well I don't entirely disagree, but the aoe heal is nice for non sustained aoe healing situations which is a lot of them, if the cd is like 30ish seconds or so it fits fine. Broil I'm not sure what's the point tbh, but I guess it's a way to dump excess mana when the bard is singing cause the whm died/spammed cure II/medica too hard or whatever. Dissipation sounds pretty shit, kinda like I expected, unless the aetherflow doesn't consume for the duration. 50% healing sounds crazy, but the fairy does crazy healing too, and it needs to come with a swiftcast resummon at the end, and you need to have dumped all your fairy cds before you use it, it's just really messy. I guess if you know exactly when you need large bursts of healing and assuming it lines up with swiftcast cd, you could use it fine I guess, but it sounds pretty meh really. If the fairy was resummoned at the end, it'd be another story.
Yea its an odd skill that I'm unsure of its use. I mean it seems to me that having your pet out and using Rouse is actually the smarter move than killing your pet for more powerful heals. Your pet out helping heal with more powerful heals and status immunity > your pet gone and your heals more powerful

Impulsor

Whats the easiest/fastest class to level? I'm gonna keep playing my Conjurer but I have a couple of friends on another server so I'd like to catch up with them with another char.

Aeana

Whats the easiest/fastest class to level? I'm gonna keep playing my Conjurer but I have a couple of friends on another server so I'd like to catch up with them with another char.

Any job is as fast as any other provided it's the first job on the character (i.e., there are still myriad quests to do). Otherwise, a tank or healer will level faster than a DD if going the dungeon grinding route once quests are exhausted.

Impulsor

Any job is as fast as any other provided it's the first job on the character (i.e., there are still myriad quests to do). Otherwise, a tank or healer will level faster than a DD if going the dungeon grinding route once quests are exhausted.

Cool then.

Thanks, Ill just pay a server transfer then and keep at it with my awesome CNJ. :)

Stuart444

It's like they made DKN just for me <3

When will the EA start in IT/UK time btw? Might get the afternoon off :D

10am BST for us in the UK.

also patch notes are great. SCH does sound like it got screwed over a bit I guess compared to the others with new skills which makes me sad but I still love my SCH <3.

Can't wait until HW :D

Aeana

10am BST for us in the UK.

also patch notes are great. SCH does sound like it got screwed over a bit I guess compared to the others with new skills which makes me sad but I still love my SCH <3.

Can't wait until HW :D

SCH can go back to being the underdog healer it was at launch before people figured out how good it was. SCH will always be my home, but I'm certainly going to be checking out AST.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SCH can go back to being the underdog healer it was at launch before people figured out how good it was. SCH will always be my home, but I'm certainly going to be checking out AST.
Who wouldn't want to check out some AST.

Also sch is fine they are already strong as heck and this just rounds them out more

Aeana

Who wouldn't want to check out some AST.

Also sch is fine they are already strong as heck and this just rounds them out more

The main disappointing thing about the SCH changes (from what I can tell) is that they're pushing them toward being a reactive healer like WHM rather than a preventative one as it was designed from the start. I don't know the full details about all of the abilities, but that's how it seems from where I'm sitting and it's a bit of a bummer.

Ken

The main disappointing thing about the SCH changes (from what I can tell) is that they're pushing them toward being a reactive healer like WHM rather than a preventative one as it was designed from the start. I don't know the full details about all of the abilities, but that's how it seems from where I'm sitting and it's a bit of a bummer.

Just seems like they needed a way to fill the WHM hole in SCH/AST groups since it doesn't look like AST can pump out big enough heals to replace Medica/Cure III. I wouldn't be surprised if SCHs originally had a different kit planned from 50-60.

Guess we need to wait and see if the 3.0 encounters warranted the shift.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Sacred soil, eos abilties, adlo, virus, eye, and succor are still all there for that. Giving us more of it would be a bit overkill imo

Ken

Sacred soil, eos abilties, adlo, virus, eye, and succor are still all there for that. Giving us more of it would be a bit overkill imo

Eh, I'd be curious if that's really enough for something like progression T12 in i115ish gear, but replace the WHM with an AST. Most likely doable but probably a pain what with Resurrection coming faster than Aetherflow and Rouse.

Stuart444

Indeed, I prefer it being preventative though. At least they still have their old skills for that though I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom