• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvorB

First pass through patch notes:

Will make it better tomorrow or when more notes are out. There are a few errors in the patch notes that the chart reflects, I guess.

General stuff I snagged from patch notes overall (bias towards crafting/gathering stuff):

Wow. Nice one!

grimmiq

So do we need to wait until after early access to change race to Au'Ra? Still yet to receive a code for PC version, have my early access one though, is that the only code sent out? Heard a couple of people say they've already had the client download the Heavensward update.

Ken

So do we need to wait until after early access to change race to Au'Ra? Still yet to receive a code for PC version, have my early access one though, is that the only code sent out? Heard a couple of people say they've already had the client download the Heavensward update.

No? Au Ra should be available for early access.

Valor

Apparently the only caveat is that you won't get your pre-order/other bonus junk until the 23rd, so if you were banking on that free fantasia to change you have a bit of a wait ahead of you.

I'd also take all skill dumps with a grain of salt because it's likely an older heavensward build that people are messing with at e3. No clue if there have been changes made to it since that build was made, like iammeiam said.

Where is Kagari with my bard info dump!?

Ken

Apparently the only caveat is that you won't get your pre-order/other bonus junk until the 23rd, so if you were banking on that free fantasia to change you have a bit of a wait ahead of you.

She told me on Skype that bard is
no go away goglon you butt

Stuart444

1whyU7Q.png

From reddit, AST ability list.

edit: woops, missed that Pyros already posted. oh well.

Have the pre-order early access keys from amazon gone out yet for PC?

I got mine from Amazon Germany like a week ago :eek:

Some info from people who played at E3:

First from reddit the list of the AST skills http://i.imgur.com/1whyU7Q.png

Then from a friend, Kriptini, the new skills of SMN/SCH/NIN, doesn't have everything but better than nothing:

SUMMONER (OH SHIT)

Enkindle: CD is now only 180 seconds.
Painflare: 200 potency AoE centered on the target, consumes 1 Aetherflow.
Ruin III: 170 (?) potency casted ability like Ruin. Costs 10x as much MP as Ruin.
Tri-disaster: Instant cast, 90 sec CD. Applies Bio II, Miasma, and Bio to target.
Dreadwyrm Trans: Every time you use Aetherflow, you gain a stack of Alteration (lasts 30 seconds). When you have 3 Alteration stacks, you can become TRANS BAHAMUT. While in this state, damage is increased by 10% and MP cost of Ruin III becomes half the MP cost of Ruin. (Ex. Ruin normally costs 100 MP and Ruin III costs 1000. While Trans Bahamut, Ruin III would cost 50.)
Deathflare: 400 potency instant-cast AoE on the target. Ends Dreadwyrm Trans and can only be used while it's active.

Ahahahaha.... HAHAHAHA! Oh my god... excuse the laughter I just have the smuggest grin on my face right now as a SMN :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I'd also take all skill dumps with a grain of salt because it's likely an older heavensward build that people are messing with at e3. No clue if there have been changes made to it since that build was made, like iammeiam said.

Bard is still GOAT. I'm not worried at all.
Machinist has the same weapon damage lol.

Aeana

I'm not too down on Scholar skills though since I still have my White Mage who is honestly my first love.

I went into this game only interested in WHM, and then I had to switch to SCH by necessity for my raid group and I fell in love with it. That was back when people still didn't really see the value in the job since folks were still trying to play it like WHM. I just returned to the game after a little less than a year and it feels like everybody and their brother is a SCH now.

Impulsor

So, having preorderd the digital version of heavensward at square enix store. I received my early access code, but not the product code yet. Am I supposed to receive the final working code at release? OR will it be activated automaticly.

I went into this game only interested in WHM, and then I had to switch to SCH by necessity for my raid group and I fell in love with it. That was back when people still didn't really see the value in the job since folks were still trying to play it like WHM. I just returned to the game after a little less than a year and it feels like everybody and their brother is a SCH now.
Yeah when I started I zero'd right in on White Mage and only played that class till 50. Then I decide to level SCH just to have both classes and loved with it. It was funny how back then people I remember some parties I joined doubted if I could keep up with the needed healing.

Man, I wish I'd known that other than Au Ra, none of the expansion content is accessible without being level 50 first. I assumed the new classes would be at least, but no. I could've waited to buy it until I got that far.

Deathflare: 400 potency instant-cast AoE on the target. Ends Dreadwyrm Trans and can only be used while it's active.

Wow. Is that the highest potency for any skill in the game?

Edit: Can't wait to start a trash pull in a dungeon with that if I can get the timing down. RIP tanks (also me). Tri-Disaster -> Bane -> Fester -> Painflare -> Deathflare? :V

dramatis

Can I go post that on reddit and take credit for it?
Go ahead.

Have the pre-order early access keys from amazon gone out yet for PC?

Has anyone else pre-ordered from GMG recently? I don't think I've gotten my key yet. Wondering if others have.
From the look of this guy
Early access code is out, registration code for the game proper probably isn't.

It's also seemingly dependent on whatever retailer you got it from.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Go ahead.

The weird thing is that on Amazon, it says for the digital PC version, the pre-order code and the game code is the same and you wouldn't get it no earlier that 6/19... which is the early release date. maybe i should just ask them... ugh.

Isaccard

The weird thing is that on Amazon, it says for the digital PC version, the pre-order code and the game code is the same and you wouldn't get it no earlier that 6/19... which is the early release date. maybe i should just ask them... ugh.

Should've gone straight to the source on this one

Aeana

Amazon won't send out the early access codes until the 19th because they don't want to deal with people canceling and keeping the codes until they have to.

grimmiq

Go ahead.

Ordered mine from Square Enix online store.

Just leveled fishing 1-50 this week, I'm really not looking forward to 50-60 fishing. Lol

Fishing was my 2nd last class to 50, feeling a bit drained I just said "screw it" and bought items for leves.

I think for PS4 physical people at least the only steps left now is to pre-load the expansion once it becomes available today then launch the game on the 19th and confirm which account the pre-order stuff is for.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Amazon won't send out the early access codes until the 19th because they don't want to deal with people canceling and keeping the codes until they have to.
But they did. At least amazon.co.uk did it for the PS4 version.
I don't remember them being bothered by people cancelling during any of the previous mmo releases with EA codes for preorders too.

Wow. Is that the highest potency for any skill in the game?

Edit: Can't wait to start a trash pull in a dungeon with that if I can get the timing down. RIP tanks (also me). Tri-Disaster -> Bane -> Fester -> Painflare -> Deathflare? :V

It's actually a bit lower than Fire III with 3stacks Astral(240base potency with 87.5%increased damage), but considering the classes work entirely differently and SMN generally has pretty shit potency to compensate for the dots having very high potency, it's definitely very good.

Oh and Sneak Attack is 500.

IvorB

Not quite? It's been a while since I've seen him but he's more of a grey/blue. Not black and red.

Hmmm... probably right. Maahes is probably too big to be a mount anyway.

So today I'm gonna log in and complete the last mission to see the credits and that's it until Friday.

Pachimari

I'm still thinking if I should just splash out on Heavensward, now that I sold Fifa 15 and Type-0 HD, just to get the pre-order items which are probably exclusive. Yet, I am only lvl. 1 (15 on my other character) and have a long way to go to reach lvl. 50.

lewisgone

Just got to the Gold Saucer. It's amazing! Can't wait to get more into Triple Triad. I probably should play a bit more to make a decent amount of gil though...

Interested in the new SMN changes... may have to return to that after WHM/AST.

Also, hope they send out the Fantasia I got from the digital collector's edition for early access...

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I just got my pre order code from my Heavensward pre order, but i don't have the base game yet as it now seems out of stock where i ordered it from. I'm moving from PS4 to PC.

Anyone know where you can get a cheap FFXIV ? (PAL PC version)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I see. Wasn't it expected that Machinist would fill the same type of support role as Bard? Or did we expect both jobs to put out high (or higher in Bard's case) DPS like other jobs in HW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom