• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Vic_Viper

I wonder how many quests they will have for RDM and SAM for levels 50-60 for players that are starting without the Stormblood content. As in players that havent finished Heavensward but are finished with everything up to it and are level 50. Will I be able to even access their region for their job quests or will they be given out somewhere else?

Any idea how long it would take someone to go through all of Heavensward now?

Stuart444

I wonder how many quests they will have for RDM and SAM for levels 50-60 for players that are starting without the Stormblood content. Will I be able to even access their region for their job quests or will they be given out somewhere else?

50 - 60 job quests will be in ARR/HW areas, SB areas may be involved for job quests after 60.

I wonder how many quests they will have for RDM and SAM for levels 50-60 for players that are starting without the Stormblood content. Will I be able to even access their region for their job quests or will they be given out somewhere else?
You need to complete the 2.X MSQ to get red mage and samurai.
Red mage is in ul'dah.

Honestly I expect the servers to do just fine, maybe a bit wobbly at the start.

+ they are going to use the same trick they did at the start of the HW quests with the brothers to split the horde of players rushing in to two different zones easing the stress on the servers.

HW launched near flawlessly from what I can remember, they learned a ton from the ARR disaster.

I would be so in for Samurai. Can't see the name Doma without feeling hyped up, one of my favorite sections in FF VI.

But I've accepted I just don't have the time for this game anymore. I got through all the original main story when my kids were babies and I was a post-doc, but can't even imagine how long it would take me to do all the extra stuff in prep for this. And now with a real job there's just no way :-(

Vic_Viper

30 hours, buy the potion lol

It's a lot of money lol. I'll see how it goes.

Do we know which classes RDM and NIN share hear with?

Been waiting for Sam to happen since day one! Cannot wait for this! Is GameStop selling the game early, how does early access work?

Edit: it's a preorder bonus code apparently. Need to find my receipt!

Ikkarus

It's a lot of money lol. I'll see how it goes.

Do we know which classes RDM and NIN share hear with?

Been waiting for Sam to happen since day one! Cannot wait for this! Is GameStop selling the game early, how does early access work?

I believe it's:

Samurai = Monk
Red Mage = Black Mage etc

Just play it. It's a great story and a lot of fun. Why would anyone skip great content for other great content? Just because it's new?
I don't know, seems odd to me.

I agree. Just finished ARR MSQ tuesday and i cant wait to change my 50 nin into a samurai and go through Heavensward.

Resilient

I'm nearing the end of HW and the story is top-notch. The best from SE in years, and I can't wait to see where it will go next. Can't fathom skipping it. Dungeons + Trials are all great too.

Vic_Viper

I agree. Just finished ARR MSQ tuesday and i cant wait to change my 50 nin into a samurai and go through Heavensward.

I'm literally doing the exact same thing lol! Nice seeing another NIN on Gaf, we should meet up in game something!

GameStop btw is offering an extra 40% for trades toward this.

Still waiting for Amazon UK to send me my preorder code. I just wanted the cheapest PS4 copy I could find and I spent £28.

Yeah I might cancel and order else where. PSN has a PayPal deal at the moment where they'll give you £5 credit, that would mean the game would only cost £30.

Sorian

Banned
I'll bet 10 internet bucks that the servers come up early.

Edit: Not like super early mind you, just like an hour-ish

Alex

The thought of skipping all of Heavensward is just like... why play? Sure, getting to end game is fun in itself but blowing off what is probably the best FF campaign? Such a shame.

Most MMOs, I get it, I skip every damn quest I can in most of them but that's not how this game is built. Heavensward is also such a large bump in quality over ARR.

I know Square wants to fill out the monetization model here but I still don't think those potions should exist. Spend a bit of time cleaning up early game and patch content in ARR, offer a skip option for new characters on accounts that have experienced it before and sell something else.

I wouldn't skip Heavensward that story was amazing. But the 2.0 patches are crammed full of so much filler and almost none of it matters outside a couple of npcs and patch 2.5 and 2.55. My girlfriend has been playing 2.0-2.5 for a week and she hates the game right now.

Stuart444

The thought of skipping all of Heavensward is just like... why play? Sure, getting to end game is fun in itself but blowing off what is probably the best FF campaign? Such a shame.

There are quite a few people in the game who don't care about the story and just play cause it's an MMO. The ones who typically skip cutscenes etc and complain that all this story roadblocking newest content, etc.

It's why the jump potions were implemented. If you don't care much about the story and value your time at the price the jump potion is at then it's an option.

I wouldn't skip Heavensward that story was amazing. But the 2.0 patches are crammed full of so much filler and almost none of it matters outside a couple of npcs and patch 2.5 and 2.55. My girlfriend has been playing 2.0-2.5 for a week and she hates the game right now.

I don't think it was that bad personally but I also played them as they released so didn't have like 100+ quests to do in a row. Just whatever they added each major patch.

Still, it was worth it for 2.55 and 3.x is a lot better and less fillerish so that should please her I hope

hamchan

So you ever get that situation where you return to an MMO after a while and have completely forgotten how to play your character? That sure happened to me.

Stuart444

So you ever get that situation where you return to an MMO after a while and have completely forgotten how to play your character? That sure happened to me.

Yup, happened a few months back to me. Took me a day or so and I was back in the swing of things.

There are quite a few people in the game who don't care about the story and just play cause it's an MMO. The ones who typically skip cutscenes etc and complain that all this story roadblocking newest content, etc.

It's why the jump potions were implemented. If you don't care much about the story and value your time at the price the jump potion is at then it's an option.

I don't think it was that bad personally but I also played them as they released so didn't have like 100+ quests to do in a row. Just whatever they added each major patch.

Still, it was worth it for 2.55 and 3.x is a lot better and less fillerish so that should please her I hope

Yeah, I didn't mind it either but I also did them as they came out. She likes the story but there's a lot of filler.

Urthor

Is there a trick to finding English players on weird servers? I'm in an odd spot because I'm AU and want to play on a Japanese preferred server, ie not Tonberry, but obv it'll be hard to find English speakers.

Anyone got some neato tricks?

Just so I know, where are the new job trainers are? I'm guessing old world since you only have to be level 50.

Uldah apparently.

This happens to me with just about any game I take a break from. It's why I end up starting a new game if I've been away from a game for a number of months most of the time.

Tanston

Anyone who pre-ordered from S-E store got the full game code yet?

I have what appears to be the full game code from the S-E store digital download but I have no idea what to do with it. I tried looking around in the mog station but didn't really see anything that screamed "activate product here"

Not sure when you pre-ordered but it took about a week for me to get the code after placing my order. 2 days to get the code for the early access. 5 days for the full game code.

I have what appears to be the full game code from the S-E store digital download but I have no idea what to do with it. I tried looking around in the mog station but didn't really see anything that screamed "activate product here"

Not sure when you pre-ordered but it took about a week for me to get the code after placing my order. 2 days to get the code for the early access. 5 days for the full game code.

Is it a 18 digit code? some like LEJPNE-261-BAHSMU-123 (no that's not a real code) if it looks something like that then that's the early access code you need to redeem here https://redeem.finalfantasyxiv.com/ which will give you another code to input in Mogstation.

Tanston

Is it a 18 digit code? some like LEJPNE-261-BAHSMU-123 (no that's not a real code) if it looks something like that then that's the early access code you need to redeem here https://redeem.finalfantasyxiv.com/ which will give you another code to input in Mogstation.

It is 18 digits but I already did the whole redeem the early access thing and it shows up on my mog station account as early access, so I'm not sure why i'd have a second code unless S-E messed something up. Hopefully I don't also get a second charge on my card.

It is 18 digits but I already did the whole redeem the early access thing and it shows up on my mog station account as early access, so I'm not sure why i'd have a second code unless S-E messed something up. Hopefully I don't also get a second charge on my card.

Ah then you're fine. No the early access code is not the same as the full game code, it seems like no one have gotten the code for the full game yet.

RPGCrazied

Ul'dah according to an interview posted on reddit

Uldah apparently.

Thanks! And you have to finish 2.0 in order to start them?? Shucks. My Ninja is only level 51 but hasn't finished 2.0.

My other character who is a Dragoon is level 60, but at the end of 3.0 and I have to buy the potion. :(

At least he can start them I guess. I'd love to have been able to start one on the level 51 and finish out the 2.0 quests for him.

Top Bottom