• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Tenrius

Finally made it to Kugane.

Also if anyone is looking for the mount speed upgrade you can get a "Riding Map" for 250 Centurio/Allied Seals.

Can you get it without Stormblood?

In the mean time, I'm watching 3.x credits. Heavensward here I go!

Seijuro

E8yqj5F.gif

Or in video form, is smoother.

https://i.imgur.com/E8yqj5F.mp4

This is the greatest thing I have seen all day and almost makes me want to resub at once :D

Dalius

You can change the dialogue box font size on PS4 by enabling virtual mouse with L1 + right analog stick, then hover over the dialogue box and press R2, you should see a scale window option to make it bigger.

Thank you. As someone playing on a TV since ARR launch, this has been my #1 issue and now it's not!

Marcel

Bud Light presents: Real Men of Genius
JrlsEEW.jpg

Today we salute you, Mr. FFXIV development team member
(Mr. FFXIV development team member!)
Even after a much advertised server improvement plan,
you still managed to bottleneck everyone with boneheaded quest design.
(Never seeing Kugane!)
Not content with long mandatory queues, you motivate the denizens of Eorzea to create
their own stupid and useless solutions like player-made lines.
(Hit me with that Fast Pass!)
You finished making the game so who cares? It's the NA branch's problem now!
(Baelsar's quest wall!)
So crack open an ice cold and refreshing Bud Light and remember:
you already have their subscription money!
(Mr. FFXIV development team member!)

Bebpo

Banned
HW never had this kind of issue. At most it was with logging in. Just so frustrating that it's been coming up on 9 hours with little to no feedback from SE.

Why did HW not have this issue? HW had plenty of instances. I'm kinda confused as to why this is even happening.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man that looks like a disaster. I'm increasingly glad that I both:

A) Planned to level Redmage immediately, and:

B) Still have all of the 3.X MSQ's to do even if I didn't.

Hopefully they sort this shit out before the 20th.

_woLf

Why did HW not have this issue? HW had plenty of instances. I'm kinda confused as to why this is even happening.

I'm curious if more people are checking out Stormblood compared to Heavensward. That'd be one explanation.

You can change the dialogue box font size on PS4 by enabling virtual mouse with L1 + right analog stick, then hover over the dialogue box and press R2, you should see a scale window option to make it bigger.

You're amazing.

scy

PotD with RDM/SAM means a lot more people slamming the instance server in general vs old FATE grinding for DRK/MCH/AST. There's also just the one early solo instance here instead of on both branching quest lines (and they were both longer quest chains, one of the quest chains here is like ~6 quests before sending you back).

There has been feedback, both on Lodestone and with in-game broadcasts.

The in-game ones are directed at the DF queues primarily; the only real nod to this has been the "Just try later?" bits.

Marcel

Heavensward didn't have a mandatory story duty in the first 30 minutes that required an already borked server to perform its very limited functions.

Not sure to be honest, I don't recall but I don't think HWs first instance quest was within the first hour. Might have something to do with it. But then again they were straight busted as I tried to do my lvl 60 BLM quest which is also a duty and that didn't work right as the game launched.

The in-game ones are directed at the DF queues primarily; the only real nod to this has been the "Just try later?" bits.

I suppose the official statement on specifically being unable to get into the main story solo instances would be here:

Added Jun. 16 6:45 a.m. (PDT):
■ Players on certain Worlds are unable to enter instances due to congestion.

* Currently, players progressing through the main story quest of FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood are unable to enter instances battles due to it reaching its limit of players allowed. Due to this, players are asked to wait until a player leaves an instanced area before they are able to enter.
While we have plenty of instances available, to prevent a heavy load on the servers, we are currently limiting the number of players that can enter at a time. If you are unable to enter an instance, we recommend waiting and trying again at a later time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have cause.

Which sounds like they're just going to be deliberately throttling the number of players in any given instance as their stopgap measure to prevent server crashes. That sucks, but it is what it is. Hopefully they find some alternative way to alleviate server stress so this doesn't continue for days.

PowerTaxi

Banned
I'd rather that. At least it's not self-inflicted. I was thinking it was I dicey thing to do but I went ahead with it. Guess I'll watch some Netflix while I wait 'cause queue is not moving.

On Odin it seems to let in 100 every minute for 5 minutes then nothing for half an hour.

Would anyone know what causes this graphical bug on PC?

It happens on various surfaces every 30 seconds or so for 1 second so it's not too annoying but I've had that ever since I switched from a Radeon HD 7970 to a GeForce GTX 1070 last year :/

holy shit at pvp's exp. queue times are 5 minutes for my GC and I don't have to lose brain cells running potd for hours
Same, 600k a match isn't bad at all and they honestly made PvP sort of fun? At least no more skill bloat and speaking for BLM seems a lot better than what they had before.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I know PvP gives exp now, but it's actually good exp? I might have to check that out on some of my jobs.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Frontlines does give good exp. At 60 and above though.
If you're a brave SAM or RDM or just below 60, the payout is not worth it (at 57 I got 280k which is less than half of what PotD gives for slightly longer time period.

Gunkankun

Same, 600k a match isn't bad at all and they honestly made PvP sort of fun? At least no more skill bloat and speaking for BLM seems a lot better than what they had before.

So pvp is a legit leveling thing now? Thats the best news! Wasnt looking forward to repeating potd at all.

Sounds like being a teensy bit jealous of everyone able to start early as I'm traveling back from E3 today was unnecessary. Maybe things will be working better by the time I'm able to update/log in.

Has anyone done the new Summoner quest? I think I'm doing something wrong cause the enemy is like way too strong. he does all my health in like 3 hits.

duckroll

You liked Trails of Cold Steel right? Square Enix presents... Trial of Cold Steel! Can you get past the broken instance server?! Hardest raid yet!

T_T

Pre-ordered the physical copy on Amazon for the prime discount. Expansion won't arrive to my house until the 22nd but I've got hours upon hours of content and leveling to get through before I even sniff Stormblood.

iammeiam

Is it actually working? I've spent some time running around our lines because loleverythingismainstorygated and it seems like they move mostly when people get pissed off and leave to do other things and others move forward.

I'm partially curious because one of the three instances didn't have a line last I checked; if the queues are server-based not field-instance-based, they could be singlehandedly killing lines for the server.

Top Bottom