• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Dunan

(Heavensward non-story spoilers here:)

Doing the last few story quests in Heavensward and I don't think I can progress any further. "Fly Free, My Pretty", in which you have to fight normally, then pilot a magitek rider, then fight normally again, is just impossible. Having lost some of my major magic (Fire II... it's gone), and already being at the level cap for this fight... any tips for a BLM setup with no Swiftcast, Fire II, or Thunder? I can't even imagine a non-DPS doing this fight...

(Edit: Got through it with judicious use of the magitek rider's two AoE cannons and then a whole lot of dodging in the final part. That was torture.)

Whogie

I got bold and tried to do an instanced job quest. Now I'm locked out of the server :p

Gotta say, after wanting SAM for so long and finally getting it I almost feel like RDM is the more fun class. Such a disappointment considering how much fun SAM was in 11. Only 51 with each so it's way to soon to tell.

I'm the opposite. I was hyped up for RDM, but I'm enjoying SAM a lot. RDM is too much to track, I sometimes had to pause to think.

Doing the last few story quests in Heavensward and I don't think I can progress any further. "Fly Free, My Pretty", in which you have to fight normally, then pilot a magitek rider, then fight normally again, is just impossible. Having lost some of my major magic (Fire II... it's gone), and already being at the level cap for this fight... any tips for a BLM setup with no Swiftcast, Fire II, or Thunder? I can't even imagine a non-DPS doing this fight...

All those things are still in. I did have to rebind some of them like Thunder II and Swiftcast.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Wait what, fire 2 and thunder are gone for you? That doesn't sound right at all.

What level is Swiftcast on the role abilities?

It's pretty bullshit but at least new footage of Monster Hunter World is coming out on the 20th.

That's the only thing I'm thinking of while playing this game.

Monster Hunter World.

Gunkankun

TIL using a class tome logs you out and drops you right in the back of the queue. They mention this on the product page, but damn.. 2717 players in queue :(

iammeiam

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is a different issue from the Rauhban one, it's happening after the first primal. After beating it, people get stuck in the instance and can't access their characters. Maybe for several days(!!)

This is correct based on what I'm reading; got through it okay last night but then team #skipcutscenes and it sounds potentially cutscene related.

Fun fight but as a precaution I'm not risking trial roulette until a developer confirms the issue and that not seeing the cutscenes will protect me from it. It is mandatory in MSQ so if you don't do it you're just gonna be stuck anyway.

That's horrible. I dont want to do that and overpower everything. Only level 61 here.... but the Pipin bug is way worse than Rauhbahn.

It's the same bug, they just shifted around when you'll run into it. Still solo instance throttling, and I think people who have been clicking Pipin since they made the change to Raubahn are now probably about where people who'd been clicking Raubahn since servers up were when they made the change. If they keep shifting it, there are a lot of spots in the story it can happen (5 in 7 levels so far I think?) so get hype.

MCH is weird, not sure I'll continue leveling.

The job is broken at 60 now; the changes they made were huge and while they removed the old system (cast times) and added a new one (heat gauge), at 60 you have absolutely nothing that interacts with the heat gauge. At some point I'll get it to 70 and figure out if the finished job is fun to me, but leveling it right now below 60 has to be awful because they removed all the parts that made it work, and added nothing yet.

It's part of my larger "who are these changes even for" question, since it went form being too much all at once to being like... nothing.

LProtag

Damn, looking at my account I'm only at level 43.

I'm going on vacation next weekend but when I get back I might jump back into the game and get to 50 to try out a new job.

KanameYuuki

40 mins waiting on queue, decided to completely forget about Cold Steel and do dailies instead, just to be greeted by a disconnect, back into the queue log in we go : (

ebil

Check your Role Skills and set them (under the "Role" tab in your action list). Swiftcast is level 32. You still have Fire 2 and Thunder. Thunder 2 is now AOE as well. Check your skills and your bars. Stuff got swapped and changed but it's still pretty much all there.

Jolkien

Well I'm stuck with the vast majority of people on Best Served with Cold Steel, a tad unacceptable service level from Square... oh well. Guess I'll play something else while they fix it.

BlackJace

This is correct based on what I'm reading; got through it okay last night but then team #skipcutscenes and it sounds potentially cutscene related.

Fun fight but as a precaution I'm not risking trial roulette until a developer confirms the issue and that not seeing the cutscenes will protect me from it.

It's the same bug, they just shifted around when you'll run into it. Still solo instance throttling, and I think people who have been clicking Pipin since they made the change to Raubahn are now probably about where people who'd been clicking Raubahn since servers up were when they made the change. If they keep shifting it, there are a lot of spots in the story it can happen (5 in 7 levels so far I think?) so get hype.

The job is broken at 60 now; the changes they made were huge and while they removed the old system (cast times) and added a new one (heat gauge), at 60 you have absolutely nothing that interacts with the heat gauge. At some point I'll get it to 70 and figure out if the finished job is fun to me, but leveling it right now below 60 has to be awful because they removed all the parts that made it work, and added nothing yet.

It's part of my larger "who are these changes even for" question, since it went form being too much all at once to being like... nothing.

I'd like to hear your opinions when you do, my main job is SCH, and I'm looking for one more job to level after I max it out.

Tried to go into PoTD, got DC'd and now I can't even login back. Not cuz of queue, game literally boots me when deseperately trying to load.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
All of this and they will probably continue to say that they don't need a test server...

I just want to play Stormblood content. This is very disappointing. =(

Seeing this thread really makes me want to get back in and finish ARR and get Heavensward.

It makes me wish I weren't so confounded with all the technicalities of the combat and rotation system, I was really enjoying it in the early game when it wasn't so complicated but now a bit into Heavensward I just get people bitching at me for sucking at dragoon lol

Just ain't fun for me now which sucks because I like everything else about the game. I still may resub and give it another go. I just look at rotation charts and it's like so much shit I don't feel like spending so much time learning. It's why I also have no patience with fighting games :p

So why doesn't SE have a beta? They could even strip the storyline out and leave quests blank and just use placeholder npcs. They just need to test the events did they ever give a reason why they don't do betas?

CoLaN

I'm not liking the expansion that much, at this point everything feels too formulaic, especially after one expansion.

Zones, types of quests, everything is predictable and a bit dull. that's just my opinion though.

Expansions in other MMOs usually shake things a lot more with new features and mechanics, even if they still are a bit "formulaic" too.

Bouniter

God damn all these updates look fantastic it makes me really want to jump back in and get started on Heavensward but I still just have to many other games I want to play atm.

Well everything apart from whitemage which sounds like a positive change but disappointing over all, which is a shame as I planned on that being my second class hopefully some future updates will imp. Great news for paladin though who i planned to use as my tank and ninja looks like it got some great streamlining to.

I remember reading that they were going to do something about the distinct lack of storage this game has. As someone who flat out refuses to buy extra retainers did they do anything to help this?

Basically this is just a quick post to say I still think of you guys, hope to see you all again soon and good luck with all the new content

Katie Hiiragi.

wamberz1

Could anyone quickly post how much EXP 1 shatter game gives you at around 65? Trying to calculate if its worth it to either spam the 65 dungeon or shatter right now. Pretty sure its the former.

Edit: Got it, dungeon is def better.

jtan

Damnit. It was going fine. Did a quest instance battle, two story dungeons(in ARR).Started my third story mission and got DC'd, now can't log in lmao

It almost seems like every mmo developer has a running bet on who can make the worst launch. Wildstar is still the king but the weekend is young and there's already a glitch that's literally breaking people's characters for days until they hotfix.

Dunan

All those things are still in. I did have to rebind some of them like Thunder II and Swiftcast.

Wait what, fire 2 and thunder are gone for you? That doesn't sound right at all.

What level is Swiftcast on the role abilities?

Check your Role Skills and set them (under the "Role" tab in your action list). Swiftcast is level 32. You still have Fire 2 and Thunder. Thunder 2 is now AOE as well. Check your skills and your bars. Stuff got swapped and changed but it's still pretty much all there.

OK, I'll go into that menu and see if I can rebind these things. They're sort of greyed out with a red slash through them on my hotbar.

Somehow I managed to win that battle without them; I'll do a full overhaul at some point once I unlock the new stuff... which, I think, is just a few quests away. Can't wait!

I'm only level 30, and now I can't find a group for the story quest I have that sends me to Haukke Manor. :(

It's gonna take a while especially as a DPS, but should happen eventually. People do the leveling roulette for xp, it's very good xp at any level(it's like 700k at lvl 60+, plus some xp from the dungeon itself which is especially relevant if you get HW leveling dungeons, so there's always people running the lower dungeons. But the DPS queues for this kind of stuff are like 20-30mins, and with everyone leveling SAM/RDM on top, it probably can be longer.

Menome

It almost seems like every mmo developer has a running bet on who can make the worst launch. Wildstar is still the king but the weekend is young and there's already a glitch that's literally breaking people's characters for days until they hotfix.

I refuse to believe it beat Anarchy Online. It took months before people could reliably log into that when it launched.

Pappasman

OK, I'll go into that menu and see if I can rebind these things. They're sort of greyed out with a red slash through them on my hotbar.

Somehow I managed to win that battle without them; I'll do a full overhaul at some point once I unlock the new stuff... which, I think, is just a few quests away. Can't wait!

I'm pretty sure Thunder 3 has replaced T1 in all instances now. They want you to be using T3 as a regular spell, not just as a Thundercloud proc. When you level sync down T3 will turn into T1 if applicable.

That's what I read when I was looking this stuff up, but I can't confirm myself.

iammeiam

I'm not liking the expansion that much, at this point everything feels too formulaic, especially after one expansion.

Zones, types of quests, everything is predictable and a bit dull. that's just my opinion though.

Expansions in other MMOs usually shake things a lot more with new features and mechanics, even if they still are a bit "formulaic" too.

While I think there's going to be a lot of room for criticism of the ARR content cycle rehashing yet again because change is hard, I do feel like SB tries a lot harder than HW did to at least make leveling feel a little more mixed up.

Admittedly, my go-to description is that they went "full WoW" with some of these quests, because there are a pretty decent number of gimmick quests in here. It's not exactly earth-shattering, but it feels infinitely better than constantly playing Item Deliverer of Light, and not just inside the solo instances this time. It's super dumb, but I'm kind of enjoying the recurring
first person 'sleep dart X' quests

I've also got a better overall opinion of the zones than HW; I thought the first couple of zones had the same-y feel I got from most of HW (excluding Azys Lla which they didn't do enough with), but past that each zone actually feels distinct. Not necessarily super super unique-
Azin Steps reminds me a ton of the area around Thunderbluff
--but so far SB has done a better job of making me feel like I'm actually somewhere distinct from the previous places, somehow.

Which is weird because anyone who's read the thread for any amount of time can tell you I hate everything.

KanameYuuki

Moving to a ghost server now sounds more appealing than ever, I don't even care for Cold steel anymore, heck not even SB content I wish I could just log in.

Caim

Not sure if it's just Excalibur or all of Primal but a lot of people got kicked off just now.

World data sometimes doesn't load and the queue never changes regardless of it refreshing.

Just needed a tiny bit of EXP so I queued for frontlines. Now getting the 90whatever error message whenever I try to log back in.

In hindsight getting time off for this was a bad idea.

Top Bottom