• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

AwShucks

Well I've been enjoying everything a lot and finally got to the wall. Haven't tried triggering it yet but we will see how it goes. That said, I can do FATEs or level RDM and do roulette.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I knew my luck was going to run out eventually.

Queued for the level 63 dungeon, got in, super long loading screen, error 90002.

Come back in, wait in a queue, error 90002.

Come back in, wait in a queue, error 90002.

Awesome!
I'm getting the same thing after queuing for a trial. Looks like the instance server shit the bed.

v1perz53

The most egregious thing about this game and the current issues is that there is no d/c grace period. You get d/ced for any reason? Tough shit, back of the queue line for you. At least in WoW if you get kicked out there's a small window where you can log back in automatically even with a queue, and a window also that it doesn't boot you from whatever you were doing the exact moment you d/c. But in this game, you're on PotD floor 59 and get kicked out, guess you just wasted all of your time.

Best part is the "your character is still logged in wait a bit and try again" message on relog, like yea I know I'm logged in just let me back right away!

You say worst relaunch but.. PvP is fucking awesome right now.

I'm sure PvP would be great if I could queue for anything at all without getting disconnected.

Has SquarEnix said anything about why they won't just take down the servers to try and fix the issues? Every other mmo takes down their servers when something like this happens.

Arkeband

Banned
So, the combat changes already make this feel like the expansion that HW should have been. We had articles breaking down how HW was more of an "extension" than an expansion, and I think SB, even though the launch has been poor, is already shaping up to take FF14 into it's adolescence.

iammeiam

I'm getting the same thing after queuing for a trial. Looks like the instance server shit the bed.

Yeah, gave up on finishing out 66 via dungeons and am just doing hunt marks for the last EXP. It takes way too long to get back in after that, and the constant 90k with location as in the dungeon makes me fear for my character. Hoping things calm down later tonight.

LowParry

Yeah, gave up on finishing out 66 via dungeons and am just doing hunt marks for the last EXP. It takes way too long to get back in after that, and the constant 90k with location as in the dungeon makes me fear for my character. Hoping things calm down later tonight.

It better, I want my PvP matches of 600k exp!

Guess Who

Banned
Has SquarEnix said anything about why they won't just take down the servers to try and fix the issues? Every other mmo takes down their servers when something like this happens.

If I had to guess, it's probably because the problems couldn't be solved with a maintenance (most likely: there's nothing actually wrong with the servers other than there simply not being enough of them for the sheer load) so there's no point.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Has everyone here tried calling down yet? We already tried forming physical queues. What's left to try at this point?

Gojeran

Oh, ok, got 90k'd and now whenever I try to login I get a big-line and when it's over I get 90k'd again

Nice

This happened to me and is still happening. This is my 4th time in a row waiting for the login line. Every time I get to start logging in it crashes with 90k error and when I get back in line it's always longer than it was before. Thanks SE for charging me for a service you are unable to provide. Super appreciated.

This happened to me and is still happening. This is my 4th time in a row waiting for the login line. Every time I get to start logging in it crashes with 90k error and when I get back in line it's always longer than it was before. Thanks SE for charging me for a service you are unable to provide. Super appreciated.

People on reddit are saying it's because of your character being in an instance but once the timer is out you'll be able to log back in. But the DCs are random I was in a group of 3 and two of us got 90k and one of us was in a dungeon when I logged back in.

Luminaire

Cleared the 63 Trial, didn't get the bug.

I exited via the duty finder though (Hit U, Leave). I've read that people can log into their account from friends computers though and that seems to fix it.

iammeiam

So, the combat changes already make this feel like the expansion that HW should have been. We had articles breaking down how HW was more of an "extension" than an expansion, and I think SB, even though the launch has been poor, is already shaping up to take FF14 into it's adolescence.

I really want to see the jobs performing at 70, because the combat rebalance feels really unfocused. Some jobs are massively needed course corrections (Bard), some are refined iterations that are maybe a little too good, some seem aimless, and some seem downright confusing or bad. Like, the combat changes do not instill faith in me that they've figured out tank or healer balance at all, and the gauge implementation is "why MMOs have PTRs" incarnate.

It's not inherently bad, but it's hard to draw any real conclusion about the combat changes at this point since I'm not sure they show an evolution in the game's understanding of combat, so much as a bunch of unfocused ideas. Could be great, could be awful.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh, ok, got 90k'd and now whenever I try to login I get a big-line and when it's over I get 90k'd again

Nice

Yep, just started happening to me too. Wonderful.

I'll try again in an hour or two. If I still can't get back in, fuck it, I'm going back to ESO until this all blows over.

I'm getting really tired of buying games and them being barely functioning betas. I think I've only bought two games that launched in a solid state in two years.

MechaX

I... I actually made it beyond Raubahn...

... And the game immediately 90k's, and now I can't even log back on.

To be honest, I never would have expected that pre-ordering the game for the Early Access would be probably one of my biggest recent regrets so far. Some stuff was fun, SAM/RDM seem cool, but oh my God going through these shenanigans was not worth it at all. It especially sucks because I'm out of town for work a lot in the next few weeks and this weekend would be the only uninterrupted opportunity to play games that I'll have in awhile.

Demoskinos

Yeah, was loading a PotD instance and got booted now can't log in get a 900002 error every time. If I do manage to get back in its FATES only for me anytime I try to load into an instance or duty I get booted.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is greenmangaming going to send full keys soon or do their early access no keys work for the full game too?
Think they're sending them out on Tuesday. EA key is good for a week though so you have till Friday to input your real key.

I got into a PotD instance just fine a few minutes ago but after I got out and went to do the job quest I got 90k'd. This has happened to me twice today so I'm just gonna stop playing tbh.

I even made it through the Raubahn wall but my girlfriend didn't and we usually play together so gg.

Of course shortly after I post in here about waiting for ages for the queue to pop for the first dungeon it pops instantly. That was an ok dungeon, not the most interesting encounters but I liked the look of it and the new boss music is fantastic. Now I'm just running around Kugane taking screenshots.

iammeiam

OT title is false atm

Dismissiveness in the face of genuine concern is more relevant now than when Yoshida was pretending mystery changes were going to make lilies not dumb.

I look forward to an expansion full of that title speaking for Yoshida in the face of everything.

Matticers

Booted immediately after logging in five times in a row. Had to wait in a lengthy queue each time while logging in, too. Then I come to check on this topic and see the title again.

8a7a12e6fadefe1d09d1894c8e42508b.gif

Fauve

90k'd on the 53rd floor of my PoTD run and have to wait a 3k queue. Hope I'll be able to log in after waiting.

And on another note, why isn't there a priority connection after a d/c? It's crazy that all these people have to wait again in the queue line after already being in the game.

Top Bottom