• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Do the enemies around the citadel in insomnia in Chapter 14 scale? I'm 73 and they're a good 10 levels above me. Was hoping I had leveled and I'd be blowing them to bits like a god king.

Mediking

15492264_1833505926908778_8191206975741985212_n.jpg

Its sad and cool how accurate this image is. But Milhouse is far more entertaining than Ignis. But I dont hate Ignis because of Regroup and cooking.

Ahhh finally beat it. Say what you will about the rest of the game but Chapter 15 + the ending were fucking fantastic, and were almost able to wipe the stink away from the last 3rd of the game. Almost....

Postgame stuff.

Pitioss is amazing. I'm really enjoying it. I wish the game had more content designed like this instead of every dungeon being a plain narrow maze. This is a sign of what could have been.

Mediking

I've had the Thunderbolt weapon attached for a long while now but I literally just saw electricity around the weapon while I was fighting. I guess this happens when its raining??? It's so cool.

LotusHD

Banned
I've had the Thunderbolt weapon attached for a long while now but I literally just saw electricity around the weapon while I was fighting. I guess this happens when its raining??? It's so cool.

I thought it always had lightning strike when you hit an enemy, at least for its link strike anyways.

Epcott

Finally beat the lvl 50 shadow samurai in the mines, but I had no idea he'd be easier to defeat than that mf Vesper Gar 😡

What a pain in the ass, even with
Death Spin, Dragon Breath, and Nereid.

Game glitched in my favor this time though mostly it just saved me some time. I became invulnerable during the Adamantoise fight after a round of overwhelm and the boss swiping his fee
t.

RDreamer

It was literally the only photo I could select. I never saved any because I saw there was a limit and I was like eh fuck that. Saved this one though near the end because it was hilarious

Can't stop laughing at this.

Well I guess technically it is longer, but it's mostly cutscenes.

Forget what it is, but the one that makes all your attacks critical hits.

Go for food that increases your crit rate chance.

Couple that with some strong daggers + Ignis' Enhance tech and you'll defeat it in no time.

Spicy Skewers, or everything that boosts your strength a lot.

Thanks everyone! I went with the food that increases crit rate to 100%. I beat it in less than 10 minutes. I heard it took some people an hour and I'm kinda confused by that now. It was insanely easy and fast with the right setup lol. I just got the platinum too! :D :)

Although I'm kind of sad it's over now... 10 years of waiting and it's finally done. :(

How would you guys rank the soundtrack compared to other FF?

I'm conflicted. I love Shimomura and some of the music is amazing. Especially the Cleigne battle theme... But I feel like the game barely used her music. The game is so silent a lot of the time and barely memorable other times. There's some good tracks, but... the game didn't utilize her properly.

Among the best.

Definitely better than XII or XIII's.

Eh, I actually found myself listening to the XIII soundtrack a lot in the game and it reminded me how good it was.

Apt101

Do the enemies around the citadel in insomnia in Chapter 14 scale? I'm 73 and they're a good 10 levels above me. Was hoping I had leveled and I'd be blowing them to bits like a god king.

I'd like to know to. I just took a respite back to the open world at the start of Chp 14, and would like to know if I should level up 80 before getting back to the story.

Ishida

Banned
Eh, I actually found myself listening to the XIII soundtrack a lot in the game and it reminded me how good it was.

Not me. Only Eidolons and Saber's Edge remain on my mind from that game. The rest... Ehh...

Not a single track in XIII can compare to Apocalypsis Noctis, The Hydrean's Wrath or Noctis' theme, among others.

I'm not sure really, but I do know I watched my roommate beat the last chapter and I swear his enemies in the last area were lower level than when I went through it.

Not me. Only Eidolons and Saber's Edge remain on my mind from that game. The rest... Ehh...

Not a single track in XIII can compare to Apocalypsis Noctis, The Hydrean's Wrath or Noctis' theme, among others.

Different tastes and all that, but I do agree that those tracks you listed were all great. I just feel like the game didn't play enough of the music for me to appreciate it. Still say they needed to have persistent overworld music everywhere.

Lightning

Banned

Fighting Fate from FFXIII was bloody amazing.

FrankWza

Man this game is just a mess of things thrown together. Tries to be too much, does nothing great and is average or less at most. Story is completely dependent on watching kingslaive if you want to enjoy and understand it. Looks reaaly good though.

Lightning

Banned
Man this game is just a mess of things thrown together. Tries to be too much, does nothing great and is average or less at most. Story is completely dependent on watching kingslaive if you want to enjoy and understand it. Looks reaaly good though.
Story is wank cause of all the shit they didn't show that happens during the game. Way too much happens off screen.

Yep. FFXV has some amazing tracks but also quite a few that I'm pretty neutral on. FF13 is pretty much stellar start to finish.

It's a little shocking to me considering Shimomura is probably my favorite video game composer. Don't get me wrong, FFXV has a nice soundtrack (especially since I've listened to it on youtube), but I feel like the game doesn't utilize it as well as it could have.

Adaren

Somnus, Omnis Lacrima, and Gratia Mundi are all exceptional. The final boss theme is also fantastic, and the variants of Apocalypsis Noctis are all good (except for the part that tries to ape Pirates of the Caribbean / Skyrim, ugh).

The soundtrack is one of the most impressive aspects of the game for me. I'm not sure if it's significantly better than the average FF soundtrack, but it's certainly miles ahead of the average video game.

FrankWza

Story is wank cause of all the shit they didn't show that happens during the game. Way too much happens off screen.

They could have forced some info our way via npc's. Or had a chapter summary as you progress. The story isnt bad, they just dont tell a complete story. It should have kingslaive included with the game.

Lightning

Banned
They could have forced some info our way via npc's. Or had a chapter summary as you progress. The story isnt bad, they just dont tell a complete story. It should have kingslaive included with the game.
Really? I need to watch a movie to understand the story of a shit telling game? And even if you do watch Kingslaive the gaps in the story itself are still so wide and blatant. There's no way that FFXV's shit fest of a story can be defended.

Mediking

And now I know why this thread is named after Jared....

Whoever wrote the script.... do you REALLY think the gamer cares for Jared??? Was the writer trying to aim for some symbolism with Talcott and Jared = Noctis and Regis? If so.... they have FAILED.

Mediking

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!!!!!!!!!

WHAT'S THE NAME OF THAT CATCHY AND SEXY SONG THAT PLAYED WHILE NOCTIS IS LAYING IN BED IN LESTALUM AND IS HAVING DREAMS OF THE OMEN TRAILER?!?!?!? IT JUST HAPPENED AND IT SOUNDED SO GOOD. WHAT'S THE NAME OF THE SONG???

SORRY FOR SCREAMING!!!

And now I know why this thread is named after Jared....

Whoever wrote the script.... do you REALLY think the gamer cares for Jared??? Was the writer trying to aim for some symbolism with Talcott and Jared = Noctis and Regis? If so.... they have FAILED.
Wow. I played that chapter like a few hours earlier and already forgot the guy.

FrankWza

Really? I need to watch a movie to understand the story of a shit telling game? And even if you do watch Kingslaive the gaps in the story itself are still so wide and blatant. There's no way that FFXV's shit fest of a story can be defended.

I agree. Im just saying that if they were going to leave it incomplete at least include the movie free. I think they should sell some dlc where you summon the great storyteller mid battle to come and explain things. That would up the summons in this game by about 30%.

Lightning

Banned
I agree. Im just saying that if they were going to leave it incomplete at least include the movie free. I think they should sell some dlc where you summon the great storyteller mid battle to come and explain things. That would up the summons in this game by about 30%.
Story spoilers

Ravus just one example. Did Arydn just kill him, what happened there? To just find him dead like that was bullshit. Iedolas Aldercapt (he became a deamon I know but wass he just killed?) another one where the gap in what happened to him is just not there but massive opportunity missed with Ravus's character that in disappointed me.

They could have done so much better with it. Honestly I loved the game which is why the story upset me that they did this. They are just a couple of examples but there are many.

Mediking

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!!!!!!!!!

WHAT'S THE NAME OF THAT CATCHY AND SEXY SONG THAT PLAYED WHILE NOCTIS IS LAYING IN BED IN LESTALUM AND IS HAVING DREAMS OF THE OMEN TRAILER?!?!?!? IT JUST HAPPENED AND IT SOUNDED SO GOOD. WHAT'S THE NAME OF THE SONG???

SORRY FOR SCREAMING!!!

Reposting. Somebody please tell me!

Kvik

So I just started playing this game after coming home from a Rogue One screening. I like the road-trip through middle America setting, but they sure reduced the Crown Prince Noctis ouji-sama to a mere gofer. I immediately switch their outfit to the casual attire. Nobody wears all-black ensemble in a 33 degrees C weather. :-\

Jennipeg

Story spoilers

Ravus just one example. Did Arydn just kill him, what happened there? To just find him dead like that was bullshit. Iedolas Aldercapt (he became a deamon I know but wass he just killed?) another one where the gap in what happened to him is just not there but massive opportunity missed with Ravus's character that in disappointed me.

They could have done so much better with it. Honestly I loved the game which is why the story upset me that they did this. They are just a couple of examples but there are many.

I think I know the answer to this one!
On the train in chapter 12, there was a newspaper saying that Ravus had been sentenced to death.
I can't remember why though, for a defeat of some kind. Still crappy though.

Top Bottom