• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

ST2K

Which one? Apocalypsis Aquarius? Or The Hydrean's Wrath?

Both are two of my favorites in the entire OST, actually. :)

Apocalypsis Aquarius is sooooo good. The OST in this game in general surpassed my expectations, but that track in particular put a big dumbass grin on my face.

Mailbox

Honestly I like those tracks a lot too (especially Hydrean's Wrath) but I couldn't stop thinking about how "elder scrolls" they were. I honestly think I would have liked the Leviathan fight a LOT more if I wasn't hooked to that notion and if I didn't experiance the jank that I did.

Ishida

Banned
Honestly I like those tracks a lot too (especially Hydrean's Wrath) but I couldn't stop thinking about how "elder scrolls" they were. I honestly think I would have liked the Leviathan fight a LOT more if I wasn't hooked to that notion and if I didn't experiance the jank that I did.

My only issue with the Leviathan fight was the length of the fight itself. I was fine with being overpowered for the second half. Yeah, "press circle to win" and everything, but the scene was fucking glorious.

I wish the first part of the fight lasted longer, though.

Muffdraul

Brand new PS4 Pro, only happens on FF and I notice it on sandy areas the most. Maybe take an extreme close look at your TV next time and report back to me?

I'm standing in front of Daurell Caverns right now, a rocky area similar to your pic, no dots.

I'm tellin ya, weird dots where they aren't meant to be could be a sign of an overheated GPU. When my PS3 died the only game it had issues with was Assassins Creed 1 graphical weirdness. =P

LordKasual

Banned
Apocalypsis Aquarius is sooooo good. The OST in this game in general surpassed my expectations, but that track in particular put a big dumbass grin on my face.

Ravus Aeterna
and
the full Hellfire track
are among the greatest in FF for me, easily.

Not to mention the
World of Ruin / Insomnia battle
theme. So good.

But hot damn
Hellfire
is just damn amazing.

Mailbox

On a different PS4 (not pro this time, it's my MGS5 PS4) and a different TV. This is where you push the car at the beginning.

I repeat, different PS4 and different TV. Same results.

http://imgur.com/5dh3zfE

._.

Yeah... donno what to tell ya...
That's weird.
Never seen that in the game...

is it the same disk? any scratches? digital download? idk.

Ravus Aeterna
and
the full Hellfire track

Not to mention the
World of Ruin / Insomnia battle
theme. So good.

But hot damn
Hellfire
is just damn amazing.

I like you

GametimeUK

Your game is borked?

We'll there's people who claim Bloodborne doesn't have frame pacing issues and the chromatic abberation isn't visible, so I guess people can overlook things. The only weird thing is I'm the first person noticing this, but I don't see how the game can be borked.

Whichever one is for the last phase. I've only heard it once and am almost to that point again in replay so it might grow on me. At the time it sounded too bombastic for my tastes.

Ishida

Banned
We'll there's people who claim Bloodborne doesn't have frame pacing issues and the chromatic abberation isn't visible, so I guess people can overlook things. The only weird thing is I'm the first person noticing this, but I don't see how the game can be borked.

Seems you got a corrupted copy.

I would've definitely noticed that.

Whichever one is for the last phase. I've only heard it once and am almost to that point again in replay so it might grow on me. At the time it sounded too bombastic for my tastes.

Yep, that would be Apocalypsis Aquarius, which is an arrangement of Apocalypsis Noctis. Yeah, it's bombastic and epic, but I think it kind of fits the situation
(After all, Noctis goes all god-mode on Leviathan's ass). :p

Ourobolus

Banned
And the no-sidequest run is complete!

Level 37/33/33/32

Things I tried to do:
- No sidequests. Though I think I accidentally did a Prompto photo-op at one time.
- No resting at anything other than camp, or at the end of a chapter (which sometimes gives a multiplier. I think I may have slept at a caravan once out of convenience)
- Avoid random battles if possible (some dungeon battles I ended up fighting out of convenience, like when going to get the second royal arm or
Ramuh
)

Money was hard to come by for a lot of the game since I wasn't out actively searching for items, and since I wasn't killing many monsters, there wasn't much to sell in that area.

I did end up playing a bunch of JMV for two Platinum Bangles, and the monster arena for two Centurion Bangles though.

Man you get way too much XP in this game just naturally.

Cz1xFLUXUAAlhhS.jpg:large

I think, aside from killing a Red Giant, I've exhausted everything that can be done in Chapter 1. I'll give that a go maybe tonight and move on. It's time.

bomblord1

Banned
So I finished the story and overall great game. Also I couldn't figure out what chapter was supposedly the awful one everyone hates so *shrug*.

However the ending left me with SO MANY QUESTIONS

I don't even know where to start so I'll just go train of thought style here and spoiler where appropriate

Are there any alternate endings?

The game mentions the empire "Killed 3 of the 6" I know they killed Shiva but all the others were alive and kicking with Noct. Who are the other 3?

I still don't know who
Ardyn is besides he was apparently once a Lucian king? How did he become immortal? Why does he hold a grudge? How was he tainted by the Daemons? Why didn't he kill you the millions of times he had a chance? Why was he so incredibly helpful to you for so long? He off handedly mentions "killing you while you're mortal would offer me no satisfaction" but he apparently knew how everything would go down if he didn't so why? How does he have the powers of the crystal and all the weapons of previous kings? Why does he want to kill the 6?

What exactly is the Crystal and
why can it drive away Daemons

Is
Bahamut
one of the 6 or
just connected to the crystal?

Why is the Lucian bloodline so important?
How exactly are they all connected by the ring and why is it that bloodline?

Is there any way to prevent Ignis
going blind?

Why exactly did Noctis
have to die? Is the Lucian bloodline broken now?

Why did Noctis even need the
power of the 6 in the first place since it seems the final battle just came to the power of the crystal and the Lucien bloodline exclusively.

That's it for know I'm sure I'll come up with more

Ourobolus

Banned

No.

The game mentions the empire "Killed 3 of the 6" I know they killed Shiva but all the others were alive and kicking with Noct. Who are the other 3?

The 3 they "killed" are, IIRC, Titan, Leviathan, and Shiva.

I still don't know who
Ardyn is besides he was apparently once a Lucian king? How did he become immortal? Why does he hold a grudge? How was he tainted by the Daemons? Why didn't he kill you the millions of times he had a chance? Why was he so incredibly helpful to you for so long? He off handedly mentions "killing you while you're mortal would offer me no satisfaction" but he apparently knew how everything would go down if he didn't so why? How does he have the powers of the crystal and all the weapons of previous kings? Why does he want to kill the 6?

Ardyn was a healer 2000 years ago that stopped the Starscourge and absorbed the daemons into his body. He wanted to ascend, but the Astrals wouldn't allow it because of him absorbing all of the daemons - he was "unclean." Instead, some other person became king and stole the name Lucis Caellum, and that is Noctis' bloodline. Ardyn wanted Noctis to achieve his goals because if he became the "true king" by getting the 6 and the crystal, he could get rid of all of that in one fell swoop by killing Noctis.

MAGIC

Is
Bahamut
one of the 6 or

One of the 6.

Essentially they are just chosen by the gods.

going blind?
No.

Why exactly did Noctis

Because the gods are assholes and that's how they help out. You sacrifice yourself to get rid of the scourge. Yes, the bloodline is gone.

Ishida

Banned
So I finished the story and overall great game.

However the ending left me with SO MANY QUESTIONS

I don't even know where to start so I'll just go train of thought style here and spoiler where appropriate

I still don't know who

Is
Bahamut
one of the 6 or

going blind?

Why exactly did Noctis

That's it for know I'm sure I'll come up with more

MASSIVE spoilers. Beware.

1) Some people speculate that the summons were indeed killed. But since they are gods, they just shrug death off and help Noctis in spirit/Astral forms.

2) You are answering your own questions. Ardyn was the original Lucis Caelum. He had the power to heal the people from the Starscourge. In order to heal the entire world, he absorbed the Daemons into his body and soul to free the people. Absorbing so many Daemons destroyed his humanity and granted him immortality. The gods and the Crystal deemed as impure and denied him ascension to the Throne. A man named Izuna was chosen instead. Izunia is Noctis' acenstor.

Ardyn's plan was to shatter the Crystal, kill or at least piss off the gods who betrayed him, and get rid of the new Lucian bloodline and then being killed. He succeeded in all of his plans.

3) The Crystal was a gift of light given by the gods of Eos to mankind, allowing them to have Magical powers and to cleanse the world from impurity.

4) The Ring absorbs the souls and knowledge of each Lucian King. It allows the current King who wears it to connect to the Crystal (Consider it to be a key), and to access the power and wisdom of his ancestors. The bloodline is important because it was chosen by the gods.

5) No. Ignis goes blind. No way to prevent it.

6) Noctis had to die because using the Ring and the Crystal kills the user. It's just too much power. Noctis had to link with the Crystal for 10 entire years to become fully connected to it. They are so connected that if Noctis dies, the Crystal shatters.

At the end of the game, Ardyn's plan becomes fully realized. There are no more Lucis, no more Tenebrae, no more Niflheim (At least all their rulers have been killed), no more Crystal, and quite possibly no more gods. Also, no more Starscourge.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What's the requirements for Ramuh to appear? Because he showed himself both in a difficult hunt for me AND when I fought against a group of level 12 monsters (my party is level 35) lol.

bomblord1

Banned
Ardyn was a healer 2000 years ago that stopped the Starscourge and absorbed the daemons into his body. He wanted to ascend, but the Astrals wouldn't allow it because of him absorbing all of the daemons - he was "unclean." Instead, some other person became king and stole the name Lucis Caellum, and that is Noctis' bloodline. Ardyn wanted Noctis to achieve his goals because if he became the "true king" by getting the 6 and the crystal, he could get rid of all of that in one fell swoop by killing Noctis.

Thanks for the other answers but on this part. Is this even in the game? I know he alluded to something like that but he never went into any detail.

Now I need to know what the
Starscouge and the Astrals
are lmao.

What's the requirements for Ramuh to appear? Because he showed himself both in a difficult hunt for me AND when I fought against a group of level 12 monsters (my party is level 35) lol.

Is it not random? I thought it was completely random I've had the prompt appear at the very opening of low level fights, when everyone's about to die and I'm losing horribly, and everywhere in between.

Ishida

Banned
Thanks for the other answers but on this part. Is this even in the game? I know he alluded to something like that but he never went into any detail.

are lmao.

Is it not random? I thought it was completely random I've had the prompt appear at the very opening of low level fights, when everyone's about to die and I'm losing horribly, and everywhere in between.

Yes, it's in the game. Both Bahamut and Ardyn himself tell the story.

The Starscourge is a parasite, of the magical kind (Of course) that infects people and turns them into monsters (Consider it like Jenova, but without the mind control stuff). The parasite releases particles into the air that infest the atmosphere, causing the longer nights.

The Astrals are the gods.

GametimeUK

Never mind, a bunch of people on a different message board have the dot problem on this game. Thanks for the help anyway, guys. Looks like I'm not crazy after all.

Ourobolus

Banned

are lmao.

He goes into it at the end of Ch
. If you didn't have subtitles on you may have missed it, like I did, because the audio mixing during that scene is really really messed up and all you end up hearing is Noctis grunting.

bomblord1

Banned
Yes, it's in the game. Both Bahamut and Ardyn himself tell the story.

The Starscourge is a parasite, of the magical kind (Of course) that infects people and turns them into monsters (Consider it like Jenova, but without the mind control stuff). The parasite releases particles into the air that infest the atmosphere, causing the longer nights.

The Astrals are the gods.

Maybe I've finally completely lost it because I don't remember anything even close to that being said by anyone. At best I think he says something along the lines of
"there was once a healer and a jealous king who stole the crown from him"

ST2K

6) Noctis had to die because using the Ring and the Crystal kills the user. It's just too much power. Noctis had to link with the Crystal for 10 entire years to become fully connected to it. They are so connected that if Noctis dies, the Crystal shatters.

Where was this said? I don't remember seeing/hearing that.

Manu

Maybe I've finally completely lost it because I don't remember anything even close to that being said by anyone. At best I think he says something along the lines of
"there was once a healer and a jealous king who stole the crown from him"

He also says that
his true name is Ardyn Lucis Caelum. He says that he was deemed impure and was refused the crown because of this. It's all on the same cutscene.

The origin of the Starscourge is explained
when you return to Hammerhead post timeskip. There are newspapers and articles explaining it.

OMG chapter 15 is so fucking amazing.
Dat Infrit fight, Dat Bahamut summon omg
if only the rest of the game was like that.
Especially the Infrit fight, the beginning of the game made me think it'd be some lame shit but that fight was amazing.

bomblord1

Banned
He also says that
his true name is Ardyn Lucis Caelum. He says that he was deemed impure and was refused the crown because of this. It's all on the same cutscene.

The origin of the Starscourge is explained
when you return to Hammerhead post timeskip. There are newspapers and articles explaining it.

I got the part where he gave his name but I didn't understand
how exactly he was replaced. Why he was replaced, I don't remember anything about him being refused or losing humanity from absorbing daemons or well anything like that.
I'm rewatching the Bahamut cutscenes now and it seems I'm right none of those details are ever explained only loosely alluded to.

Manu

I got the part where he gave his name but I didn't understand
how exactly he was replaced. Why he was replaced, I don't remember anything about him being refused or losing humanity from absorbing daemons or well anything like that.
I'm rewatching the Bahamut cutscenes now and it seems I'm right none of those details are ever explained only loosely alluded to.

They're alluded to enough for you to connect the dots. I know I did myself.

ST2K

I believe the implication is when used to destroy something like the accursed.

Hmm... but didn't he die before he re-killed Ardyn?

Also, if the ring/crystals power destroys him, why did they have the whole scene of Noctis willingly giving himself up to the Kings to kill him?

bomblord1

Banned
They're alluded to enough for you to connect the dots. I know I did myself.

How though? Like I said none of those are detailed in any of the mentioned cutscenes. At least not in the English Dub. Is there supplementary material somewhere? Something outside the game or something in the game you could miss?

Kyoufu

How though? Like I said none of those are detailed in any of the mentioned cutscenes. At least not in the English Dub.

from what I gathered, Ardyn was made out to be a monster by the real Izunia which made the people turn on him. He couldn't take the throne any longer, thus the Gods abandoned him.

bomblord1

Banned
from what I gathered, Ardyn was made out to be a monster by the real Izunia which made the people turn on him. He couldn't take the throne any longer, thus the Gods abandoned him.
Well someone else is saying the Gods refused him because he had too much impurity in his body from absorbing Daemons to ascend (whatever ascensions implies).

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Ravus Aeterna
and
the full Hellfire track

I like you, it's really up there with the boss battle themes together with Fight Against Seymour, Premonition, Maybe I'm A Lion. The former is like a twisted mix of Song of the Stars: https://youtu.be/NwGc5B1TESY

Mailbox

How though? Like I said none of those are detailed in any of the mentioned cutscenes. At least not in the English Dub. Is there supplementary material somewhere? Something outside the game or something in the game you could miss?

From the stuff that Ardyn says prior to Noct entering the crystal and all of Bahamut's dialogue its not hard to piece together that Ardyn is "the accursed" who was a selfless person who gathered the scourge in his soul, who was then shunned by the gods(its even stated by bahamut that "he was too corrupt to have power" or some shit.), made out to be a monster by a usurper, and so gained a lust for vengeance.

I like you, it's really up there with the boss battle themes together with Fight Against Seymour, Premonition, Maybe I'm A Lion. The former is like a twisted mix of Song of the Stars:

You may wanna link a different version of that since it includes
the altered logo

bomblord1

Banned
From the stuff that Ardyn says prior to Noct entering the crystal and all of Bahamut's dialogue its not hard to piece together that Ardyn is "the accursed" who was a selfless person who gathered the scourge in his soul, who was then shunned by the gods(its even stated by bahamut that "he was too corrupt to have power" or some shit.), made out to be a monster by a usurper, and so gained a lust for vengeance.

Most of that is directly said I don't understand where the details are coming from.

Mediking

Good writing: There was a moment when the guys was teasing Noctis about not being enough to be a husband for Luna.

Bad writing: Sometimes things are so awkward and stiff.... that I have to wonder of Tabata and his team actually listened to how some dialogue sounds.

Like the whole thing with Ardyn and the Titan was just stiff writing.

And I'm only on chapter 4 but so far... Luna is a Yuna and Kairi combination.

Kindekuma

Banned
Stupid question, but is there a way to mark your map with waypoints? Like if I'm walking through the area and I notice there's a campsite somewhere near me, and I set a waypoint to follow while I walk?

It's only for missions and to the Regalia.

Manu

Stupid question, but is there a way to mark your map with waypoints? Like if I'm walking through the area and I notice there's a campsite somewhere near me, and I set a waypoint to follow while I walk?

Press Square.

Giolon

Open the map and hit Square. It doesn't work on the car "navigation" map screen though.

Top Bottom