• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

There's no command, no. Just let them eat the spell. They don't take as much damage as enemies do and it's not like it's hard to heal anyone through items, first aid kits, Regroup etc.

Yeah, I've been using spells quite liberally, and the team taking damage or stat debuffs from the spells has never been an issue.

DarkKyo

Just beat
Anamusha in the Mines
, can't for the life of me figure out how to
get to tomb in here now. I feel like I've explored every nook and cranny of the room you fight him in.

Any tips?

edit: nevermind, found it :p

Ocara

So that justice monsters five ripped off the ending solo from Metallica's One for the boss waves? :lol
When i first heard it i thought they had licensed the song and found it a weird choice for a small minigame, then i realised it was just suspiciously similar.

Glad i wasnt totally crazy hearing that too!

pLow7

(Super vague, no actual spoilers. Just Ch. 13 + 14 impressions)

Agreed.
I really didn't mind Ch. 13 that much. My favorite part of the game was actually Ch. 9 through the start of Chapter 14, so I guess we might both be taking crazy pills, lol. I didn't find the penultimate boss too bad (a bit anti-climactic, but whatever). Everything after him was hot garbage though.

For that particular phase, I think you're just supposed to hold down attack and move in circles while far away from the boss. I agree that it wasn't at all clear. This was literally the only point in the game where I had to use a Phoenix Down on Noctis, and it was completely incomprehensible why I was taking damage.

I don't understand at all where all the praise for the ending is coming from. It was a dud for me by literally every metric. I've been meaning to ask the Spoiler Thread why people seem to like it; my list of negatives far outweights my list of positives.

I thought the Ending was amazing.
For the 2nd Ardyn Part
Just Lock him with R1 and attack. This was literally the easiest Battle in the game alongside Leviathan, you are basically invincible

Took me 3h to get through the
Pitioss Dungeon
. My mind is jelly. That was the best and most memorable FF dungeon I've ever played. I feel nauseous now though. :(

Giolon

Yo, Costlemark Tower. That was some bullshit. Bullshit followed by bullshit squared. Followed by bullshit to the bullshit'th power.

However,

yo that "totally not a dragon" Jabberwock in the techno-room at the bottom....amazing.

Kyoufu

Yo, Costlemark Tower. That was some bullshit. Bullshit followed by bullshit squared. Followed by bullshit to the bullshit'th power.

However,

yo that "totally not a dragon" Jabberwock in the techno-room at the bottom....amazing.

Worst dungeon in the game imo.

Fbh

the party AI is so fucking stupid

can't tell you how many times I'm fighting on my own

To be honest, outside of that one battle I feel like the bros are some of the best controlled companions in any RPG.

I mean, yeah the AI is still stupid. But in most other games it's basically braindead. So it feels like a big step up. The team actually feels useful and like they are doing their part.
Like when I screw up and have to move away to heal up and recover MP the rest of the team will still put up a decent fight.

Giolon

Worst dungeon in the game imo.

IDK...I can't say it was entirely unenjoyable. But every single fight was another round of "oh come the fuck on, you have to be kidding me." lol It was a slog.

Bring spells. Bring all of the spells.

Was listening to a radio broadcast somewhere and they were talking about a civilian who had been killed in Lestallum. They said he tried to attack a soldier from behind and the soldier reacted in self defense. Poor Jared being portrayed as a dirty coward through media propaganda. Empire has no shame.

Chapter 6 spoilers
That Aranea fight was really fun. All I wanted from the battle system. Loved warping up after her as she went to the sky, locking on and following with airstepping. I hope there are more interesting fights like this.

Was doing the last Takka mission and was able to summon
Shiva
and ended up getting 2 Brisket drops. guess that makes up for it not dropping the first time lol.

Neiteio

Jared needs a spinoff trilogy called Jared: Final Fantasy XV Versus, which plays like Bayonetta. Only instead of Witch Time, you have Jared Time.

I unlocked the second training stage and i finally realized how important is the square button when fighting intelligent oponents. The combat system starts to feel a lot more satisfying. Chapter 3 now.

Grisby

End game spoilers:
Missed opportunity to not have Knights of the Round text pop up there when Ardy was getting final killed.

Ending was decent, the final deal with
Ifrit, Bahamut, and Shiva was neat. This final campfire convo got me a bit. I really wish they would have given the bros more backstory you know? I saw the optional motel cutscene with Prompto on youtube and it's crazy the didn't make that mandatory.

Oh shit, end music spoilers,
FF theme in full force here. Kind of a sweet ending shot there.

Overall, the first half of the game has some enjoyable combat and open world running around, but the second half was a bit of a mess. So rushed and a lot of the story stuff was well, kind of boring in some ways and unearned?

The best bits were the little convos that you and the bros have while walking around. It's a shame they didn't have some more standard cutscenes and just got rid if the dialogue choices (like, why?).

Ah well, it's a decent game, but I hope FF16 (crossing fingers it comes out) has a more stable development path and a clearer vision.

The chapters and main story are literally the worst and least enjoyable part of this game. The post-game dungeon is about 5x as good as the best thing the campaign offers honestly. Not sure what the hell they were thinking. High level hunts are amazing fights too.

Adaren

For the 2nd Ardyn Part
Just Lock him with R1 and attack. This was literally the easiest Battle in the game alongside Leviathan, you are basically invincible

Final boss spoilers.

I mean, this guy doesn't seem to be doing much except holding attack, and he manages to die twice. He seems to do better once he adopts my strategy of "Back up and hold attack while flying in circles," but it's not at all clear that going into melee range in the wrong way to approach this fight since most of the time it isn't even clear what's hitting you.

Like, yeah, the combat in this game is by-and-large very easy. I don't think that excuses the constant problems it has with conveying gameplay information and giving you the tools to make smart decisions.

JayEH

End game spoilers:
Missed opportunity to not have Knights of the Round text pop up there when Ardy was getting final killed.

Ifrit, Bahamut, and Shiva was neat. This final campfire convo got me a bit. I really wish they would have given the bros more backstory you know? I saw the optional motel cutscene with Prompto on youtube and it's crazy the didn't make that mandatory.

Overall, the first half of the game has some enjoyable combat and open world running around, but the second half was a bit of a mess. So rushed and a lot of the story stuff was well, kind of boring in some ways and unearned?

The best bits were the little convos that you and the bros have while walking around. It's a shame they didn't have some more standard cutscenes and just got rid if the dialogue choices (like, why?).

Ah well, it's a decent game, but I hope FF16 (crossing fingers it comes out) has a more stable development path and a clearer vision.

Unfortunately most of the bros' backstory is in the anime.

dreamfall

End game spoilers:

I just finished it too! Amen to this entire post. I really liked the ending, and the final couple of fights - I think that this game offered some amazing set piece presentation, the sheee spectacle of the summons and the crazy warping attacks, the link strikes - it was awesome.

I'm eager to return to the open world and just level the hell out of the gang, I really enjoyed some of the wandering and quest completion. The second half of the game I felt like I was being rushed from encounter to encounter to cement some element of story telling.

I really liked a ton of it, even if it was all over the place!

Mezoly

Finished the game yesterday. I liked it but not a lot.

The Good:
- Combat.
- Boss fights.
- Characters.
- Story but ...

The bad:
- Story told in a bad way.
- Uninspiring levels and main missions through out the main game.
- Side Quest are just fetch quests.
- Car traveling and loading screens get boring towards the end when no new banter left.
- One Active Hunt at a time.

The Neither:
- Dungeons were hit and miss for me.

The chapters and main story are literally the worst and least enjoyable part of this game. The post-game dungeon is about 5x as good as the best thing the campaign offers honestly. Not sure what the hell they were thinking. High level hunts are amazing fights too.

I would say side quests are way less enjoyable.

I thought the Ending was amazing.
For the 2nd Ardyn Part

Invincible? I died, and he held my body in stasis. Couldn't use Phoenix down. Game over.

Any PS4 Pro improvements for this game?

I'd be playing on a regular ass 1080p television

There's a High Quality mode on the Pro with some visual enhancements that are noticeable even on a 1080p TV.

The catch is that it comes with some frame pacing issues, so if you're sensitive to that kind of stuff, you might want to keep it on the game's "Lite" mode, which is the default, and functions like the game does on the base PS4. (Minus the frame pacing issues, IIRC)

It's worth noting that there's a more substantial PS4 Pro patch in the works that aims to have a 60fps framerate (aim being the operative word here) in the aforementioned Lite Mode.

GametimeUK

Been playing for almost 100 hours, never noticed anything like that. Wonder if your console's GPU is dying...

Brand new PS4 Pro, only happens on FF and I notice it on sandy areas the most. Maybe take an extreme close look at your TV next time and report back to me?

Ishida

Banned
Brand new PS4 Pro, only happens on FF and I notice it on sandy areas the most. Maybe take an extreme close look at your TV next time and report back to me?

Don't do that.

I've been playing the game for more than 55 hours now. Never saw anything remotely similar to that.

J-Skee

Quick question: Does having the Platinum Demo get you anything in the game? Can I delete it before I play the full game?

Top Bottom