• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Previews for Star Wars Outlaws are Dropping

Draugoth

Gold Member
Blog Previews

Video Previews

Last edited:

Shin-Ra

Game looks really good, but don't let that fact get in the way of your hate boner towards Ubisoft.

So by all means everyone, shit on Ubi for unrelated stuff to this game as much as you want.
Is the fact that Ubisoft’s selling a deliberately broken game requiring (working) internet services to fix (online DRM if you like) unrelated stuff?

You’d think all the online service downtime recently would make people more aware how foolish reliance on such services is.

MiguelItUp

We'll see how I feel when it releases. I have no problem doing the Ubi+ thing for cheap, beating the game, and then cancelling my membership. Maybe it'll at least be worth doing that. This game feels so strange though, if it's more than mediocre, I'll be really surprised.

Last edited:
Don't hurt to wait for the reviews before commiting to a game. Ubisoft doesn't have the best track record and we all know that. Let the hype die out and then make a conscious decision if this game is worthy of your money. And remember, if you are in no hurry to play these Ubisoft games go on sale in 3 to 6 months from their release, you can grab a nice 30%-40% discount for it.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Even after the first previews it was clear what this game is, but not it's even more clear. I'll maybe pick it up with a decent discount when it'll launch on Steam next year.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Why were people sayiing the girl was ugly.
Maybe i got low standards but she isnt a bag looking character model at all.
The hair could do with some work, hopefully we are able to change that......but otherwise the game is looking pretty good.
Just hope it runs well on PC and has an easily ediable .ini.

5JGS42p.png

Last edited:
After Massive's Avatar (released less than a year ago btw), my hype should be at an all-time low for this one.

But the few gameplay snippets I've seen look decent? I'll probably sub to Ubisoft+ for a month and play it that way.

well god of war was a much better game then redfall and this game will nowhere near be as good as gow so 🤷‍♂️

Yeah all games need to be a 10/10 or a 0/10. Its actually to poke hole in your anecdote. You should compare to other ubisoft games. Avatar had mid previews resulted in mid reviews, so did Far Cry 6. Ac Mirage some were high on, some did not like its using the same Valhalla skeleton. Resulted in mid metacritic. The only real positive ubisoft hands -on previews were Prince of Persia and now Sw outlaws.

Saber

Those previews are mostly advantajous to the company than actually honest saying, since most of them either go full praise or go to the "safe and tame" route(same happened to Suicide Squad despite the game itself being crap most of them were tame with criticism). It's basically a marketing for them.
It's aways better to wait for actual reviews and gameplay videos.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

I think it looks decent. I'll grab the game when all of the content is available for 30 dollars and the game is fully patched.

T4keD0wN

Lmao, Star Wars... Why does every planet look exactly like some locations on earth?

Zero creativity on screen, if theyve removed the npcs and buildings i couldnt tell it apart from Assassins Creed Valhalla.

Last edited:

Nydius

SkillUp’s video is straight up laughable. He literally calls it “standard Ubisoft bullshit” in the beginning of the video. He rattles off all the issues with the game, everything from bad AI to extremely basic combat, and gameplay elements cribbed from well over a decade ago (lol at tall grass for hiding inside a base) but then hand waves it all away by saying “but it’s Star Wars so I had fun with it”.

Tells you all you need to know about games like these. They do the barest minimum for triple-A slop, slap on a premium price tag, and want people to buy it based on Memberberries. (Edit: And they know reviewers like Ralph won’t be ultra critical because they don’t want to risk their industry access.)

Last edited:

amigastar

Lmao, Star Wars... Why does every planet look exactly like some locations on earth?

Zero creativity on screen, if theyve removed the npcs and buildings i couldnt tell it apart from Assassins Creed Valhalla.
So you can relate to them? Idk
Beside that the movies were shot at different locations on earth.

Last edited:
SkillUp’s video is straight up laughable. He literally calls it “standard Ubisoft bullshit” in the beginning of the video. He rattles off all the issues with the game, everything from bad AI to extremely basic combat, and gameplay elements cribbed from well over a decade ago (lol at tall grass for hiding inside a base) but then hand waves it all away by saying “but it’s Star Wars so I had fun with it”.

Tells you all you need to know about games like these. They do the barest minimum for triple-A slop, slap on a premium price tag, and want people to buy it based on Memberberries. (Edit: And they know reviewers like Ralph won’t be ultra critical because they don’t want to risk their industry access.)
actually, tells you all you need to know about skillup - playing both sides against the middle, while being 'cool'...

T4keD0wN

So you can relate to them? Idk
I dont want that, i can already relate to a plenty of star wars stuff, like Darth Vader, because of the anger issues and not being granted the rank of master.
Beside that the movies were shot at different locations on earth.
Nerd Ok GIF by Froggy Friends

Game is also going to be made on earth, but its a fully digital product (unlike the movies), they can invent whatever cool looking location they want, the only limit is the budget and time.

Boss Mog

Game looks really good, but don't let that fact get in the way of your hate boner towards Ubisoft.

So by all means everyone, shit on Ubi for unrelated stuff to this game as much as you want.
You'll have to explain to me how a game that is basically nothing but MJ levels from Spider-man 2 (with even more annoying self-banter) "looks really good".

I think it looks good. I like the vehicle and space combat, as long as space combat doesn't get super dorky/sim. (loved Chorvs)
I'll probably pick it up at some point.

Top Bottom