• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem: Awakening (JP) |OT| - A Tale of Swords & Dragons Being 10 Year Olds

blurrygil

fire_emblem_awakening_boxart.jpg

Taken from the Fire Emblem Wiki said:
Fire Emblem: Kakusei (Fire Emblem: Awakening) is a brand new Fire Emblem game for the Nintendo 3DS, announced at Nintendo's 2011 3DS Conference ahead of the 2011 Tokyo Game Show. The conference site states that the story focuses on the prince of the Kingdom of Iris and his companions as they struggle during a turbulent era. Players are able to combine the might of nearby allies to enter dual battles to defeat enemies. Gameplay footage shows that the traversable world map, last seen in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, and special skills like Astra from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn will make a return. This game will feature a player character that can be customized, a feature last seen in Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~. Just like in the previous game the player can choose classic mode and casual mode.

New Features

• Dual Battles fighting against an enemy.
  • Characters can Cut In Off before they perform a Critical Attack.
  • According to the Japanese Nikkei newspaper, this will be the first Nintendo 3DS title to have paid downloadable content, consisting of maps, episodes, and characters from previous games.
  • Characters such as Ira from Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu, Innes from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, and Clea from Fire Emblem Gaiden distributed via SpotPass.
Returning Classes

• Lord (promotes to Master Lord)
  • Master Lord
  • Cavalier (promotes to Paladin or Great Knight)
  • Paladin
  • Great Knight
  • Cleric (promotes to Battle Cleric or Sage)
  • Priest (promotes to Battle Monk or Sage)
  • Mage (promotes to Dark Knight or Sage)
  • Armor Knight (promotes to General or Great Knight)
  • General
  • Sage
  • Myrmidon (promotes to Swordmaster or Assassin)
  • Swordmaster
  • Pegasus Knight (promotes to Dark Pegasus or Falcon Knight)
  • Falcon Knight
  • Troubadour (promotes to Valkyrie or Battle Cleric)
  • Fighter (promotes to Hero or Warrior)
  • Barbarian (promotes to Warrior or Berserker)
  • Thief (promotes to Assassin or Trickster)
  • Assassin
  • Archer (promotes to Sniper or Bow Knight)
  • Bow Knight
  • Dragon Knight (promotes to Dragon Master or Griffin Knight)
  • Dragon Master
  • Manakete
  • Villager
  • Dancer
  • Dark Mage (promotes to Dark Knight or Sorcerer)
  • Sorcerer
  • Mercenary (promotes to Hero or Bow Knight)
  • Hero
  • Valkyrie
  • Sniper
  • Warrior
  • Berserker

New Classes

• Strategist (promotes to Grandmaster)
  • Grandmaster
  • Battle Cleric
  • Battle Monk
  • Trickster
  • Taguel
  • Dark Pegasus
  • Dark Knight
  • Griffon Knight

It's out and it's apparently pretty awesome:

Famitsu - 9/9/9/9 (36/40)

Reference to other games in the series (Thanks to marc^o^):

Shadow Dragon - 34/40
Radiant Dawn - 33/40
Path of Radiance - 34/40
The Sacred Stones - 35/40
Blazing Sword - 34/40
Sword of Seals - 36/40
Thracia 776 - 35/40
Genealogy of the Holy War - 31/40
Mystery of the Emblem - 36/40

An nice little 8-minute trailer about the above classes (Thanks to gashikunFLCL): http://nintendoeverything.com/86236/...asses-trailer/

This OP will be fleshed out a little more as more info becomes available.

POSTS AWAY!!!

Socreges

Banned
Want this in NA so bad.

Can someone explain the significance (strategy wise) of the marriage system? Does it work just like supports?

Zenaku

My copy should be arriving tomorrow (I assume) but I can't track it for some reason.

Looking on the eShop earlier, it had 176 ratings, with 168 being 5 stars and the remaining 8 being 4 stars; naturally, it's the highest rated game on the shop, so I have high hopes.

Busaiku

Man, some of you guys blew the 10 year old looking stuff out proportion.
I mean, we've gotten plenty of stuff with hundreds of year old characters looking like they're 10 or younger before, so it's not gonna be any more radical here.

Peff

Some gameplay. I have to say, when the first trailer was shown I wasn't so fond the map interface with sprites but the whole thing looks really slick, efficient and fast. Great stuff. If they keep the remakes' "Press L to play battle animations while they are off" it'd be pretty much perfect.

Zenaku

http://i.imgur.com/E8wKO.jpg

Can someone tell me what's going on in the dialogues and arrows thing here?
http://andriasang.com/con0qq/fire_emblem_lightning/

I want to go shopping with her
I love him so much
Why don't you just go out with one another?

I secretly look up to her
He's rather sexy
*whistles*

I can't understand her actions
I like her a lot
One of them has a black stomach

I like her, but I can't say it
I'll protect her with my life
Girls friendship is rather extreme

I want to rub my face against him
I think he's my destiny
What are these guys thinking

Lately, we can't continue a conversation
Our interests don't match
I'm suspicious of your pasts(?)

I really like her
I want to give him my everything
What scary siblings

-Husband and Wife
She's not good at socializing
I get the feeling he'd be scary if I anger him
This must be what they call the stage of fatigue

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I want to know what RPGamer thinks about this title, it's usually spot-on.
It looks good to me, shikashi, fubuki no taitei chigau famitsu-wa joki!

Socreges

Banned
I want to go shopping with her
I love him so much
Why don't you just go out with one another?

I secretly look up to her
He's rather sexy
*whistles*

I can't understand her actions
I like her a lot
One of them has a black stomach

I like her, but I can't say it
I'll protect her with my life
Girls friendship is rather extreme

I want to rub my face against him
I think he's my destiny
What are these guys thinking

Lately, we can't continue a conversation
Our interests don't match
I'm suspicious of your pasts(?)

I really like her
I want to give him my everything
What scary siblings

-Husband and Wife
She's not good at socializing
I get the feeling he'd be scary if I anger him
(can't be bothered to look up the old mans word)

I'll look up the word on the last line later, since I haven't come across it before. The line goes "this must be what they call (something)".
colinfarrell3p6ca.gif

So weird. I hope this stuff is removed from the NA version (assuming there is one) or just changed a whole lot.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Am I seeing it right that there are same-sex relationships after all?

Yes, there are same-sex relationships from what I gather.

Socreges

Banned
You're saying they should remove the entire relationship/marriage system...?
No. I'm sure there's a way to do it without having to include nods to incest, etc. There are more very strange sentiments expressed in those few images than normal ones.

muu

colinfarrell3p6ca.gif

So weird. I hope this stuff is removed from the NA version (assuming there is one) or just changed a whole lot.

this is supposed to be like one of those random fortune-teller machines -- no relevancy to the actual game part whatsoever (which is why the husband/wife characters aren't lovey-dovey as they should be according to the game system). AFAIK same-sex marriages are NOT implemented (else you'd likely have seen screens from 2ch threads posted 100 times over).

wrowa

Yes, there are same-sex relationships from what I gather.

Nice. I was kind of disappointed that it seemed like the series made a step backwards in that regard. Good to see that this apparently wasn't true after all.

Socreges

Banned
this is supposed to be like one of those random fortune-teller machines -- no relevancy to the actual game part whatsoever (which is why the husband/wife characters aren't lovey-dovey as they should be according to the game system).
Ah OK, excellent.

Instro

this is supposed to be like one of those random fortune-teller machines -- no relevancy to the actual game part whatsoever (which is why the husband/wife characters aren't lovey-dovey as they should be according to the game system). AFAIK same-sex marriages are NOT implemented (else you'd likely have seen screens from 2ch threads posted 100 times over).

Aha, but I'm sure this feature will please the shippers.

SMT

Nice. I was kind of disappointed that it seemed like the series made a step backwards in that regard. Good to see that this apparently wasn't true after all.

So one of the blondes in the picture is actually an anime androgynous guy. Oh well.

guek

Banned
All my wants. They're wanting everywhere.

This is already announced for europe, right? What the fack, NoA.

SMT

Never coming to U.S. now.

U.S. is uptight, Canada would allow this, then again, we have a facist prime minister who has lost all support from those of us who don't own guns.

Vote liberal!

SMT

Those are both girls.

So why are there hearts between them, do they convey friendship love, or lesbian love?
Are there same-sex relationships?

NeonZ

So why are there hearts between them, do they convey friendship love, or lesbian love?

There are "supports/bonds" between characters of the same sex, yes. Some of them seemingly have suggestive romantic dialogue apparently. However, the only relationships that can get to level "S" (with marriage and children) are the male/female ones.

Instro

Dunno, just saying those are both definitely girls. You can see their art and hear their voices on the FE site. I'm guessing that you can bond same sex characters and so on, but they cant marry/get to the highest relationship level? Seems like you can get some suggestive dialouge anyway.

There are "supports/bonds" between characters of the same sex, yes. Some of them seemingly have suggestive romantic dialogue apparently. However, the only relationships that can get to level "S" (with official marriage and children) are the male/female ones.

Oh there's your answer.

Top Bottom