• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem: Awakening (JP) |OT| - A Tale of Swords & Dragons Being 10 Year Olds

shuri

Banned
I hate you Japan.

I went from 'MUST BUY!!!!' to 'wont bother' in about 30 seconds..

That boxart looked interesting; I click to watch the gameplay vid.. I get mindrammed by women with 10 years old voice, terrible art, anime stereotypes, super crappy animations.. ARrggh!

And that translated relationship stuff is hilariously lame and awkward.

Damnit guys :(

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
There are "supports/bonds" between characters of the same sex, yes. Some of them seemingly have suggestive romantic dialogue apparently. However, the only relationships that can get to level "S" (with marriage and children) are the male/female ones.

Dunno, just saying those are both definitely girls. You can see their art and hear their voices on the FE site. I'm guessing that you can bond same sex characters and so on, but they cant marry/get to the highest relationship level? Seems like you can get some suggestive dialouge anyway.

Oh there's your answer.

Alright guys, I get it, we have 'S' as our max level for relationships, suggestive dialog, and some funny fortune telling answers that aren't coherent.

Should be a good game, bring it to North-America!

Bebpo

Banned
Mine shipped this morning, but not going to play it for a month or so. Still need to finish SRW Saisei-hen and Kingdom Hearts 3D.

Kind of excited to play this one. Haven't played a FE game since the GC one.

Also, a mod should put the |OT| in the title.

blurrygil

I hate you Japan.

That boxart looked interesting; I click to watch the gameplay vid.. I get mindrammed by women with 10 years old voice, terrible art, anime stereotypes, super crappy animations.. ARrggh!

Sorry to hear you'll be missing out.

Also, a mod should put the |OT| in the title.

I could do that myself as the OP, but I never laid claim to creating an OT in the "OT Claiming" thread.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I hate you Japan.

What video did you click to watch, the link in the OP is broken, and all it would have shown is the various class attack moves and stuff anyway, most of which have been in FE before. Have you never played such a game before, yet this one was a must buy (!!!!) based on interesting cover art and now isn't anymore based on such series staples and weirdly restrictive taste in animations/va?

Edit: oh, I see, that off screen video then. I suppose those in-engine 3D cut scenes have lacking animations, still more than games of this type usually have though, that is, they're often restricted to just static images. The gameplay animations (ie, just the attack moves basically) seem pretty good to me. And I think only the little sister character sounds very young... Because she appears to be so. Maybe watching more will show you it's good old Fire Emblem all the same. Not sure what's terrible art wise.

Gregorn

Heterosexuality? Check
Homosexuality? Check
Pedophilia? Check
Beastiality? Check (I think?)
Incest? Check

Nintendo is the edgiest video game company confirmed.

As a Fire Emblem fan , I'm looking forward to playing this. Already saw some spoilers on the serenes forest forums ,but still waiting for that EU release date. Hopefully at E3.

Still. I was wondering if someone could translate this. I believe it's about the sales of this game. Is it sold out?
"覚醒が売り切れていた件.
悔しさのあまり、つい。売り切れと書かれた箱を持って名残惜しげにたたずんでいるお兄さんも見かけたので、その人の悔しさもまとめてぶつけてみました。買えたら消します。"

Just completed the Marth DLC since I'm still bedridden. Again, this is my first Fire Emblem game so take anything I say with a grain of salt.

It was pretty cool! I can definitely see how these DLC battles are going to be super fanservicey for longtime FE players. All the enemy characters were clearly taken straight from previous FE games, portrait and all. The actual character models were made using the generic assets in the game, but they all have their own dialogue etc. Marth obviously gets his own in-game model.

The DLC also has its own kind of off-beat story unrelated to the main quest, so you don't have to feel like you're missing extra character development if you skip these.

In a nice touch, even the DLC battle/map music appears to be taken from older games.

StayDead

I hate you Japan.

Your loss I guess.

NeonZ

The DLC also has its own kind of off-beat story unrelated to the main quest, so you don't have to feel like you're missing extra character development if you skip these.

In a nice touch, even the DLC battle/map music appears to be taken from older games.

Could you give a brief summary about the story of the DLC? I haven't seen any reports about that side of the DLC.

How do you get the DLC? Is there an in-game thing or do you get it from the store?

I don't have the game obviously, but apparently you need to finish some chapters (4?) and get to a specific pat of the map to access the DLC and spotpass features.

How do you get the DLC? Is there an in-game thing or do you get it from the store?

You access it from
this special gate (forgetting the name at the moment) at the bottom of the world map. From there you can select to purchase DLC or play what you have

As for the story, it's nothing super crazy. Basically,
You and your party are sucked into a different dimension where this old fortune teller lives. You help him take care of these phantoms of heroes from the past who have sort of gone wild. He's also kind of forceful about demanding your help

I apologize for not having names. I have the worst memory when it comes to that kind of thing.

Zenaku

As a Fire Emblem fan , I'm looking forward to playing this. Already saw some spoilers on the serenes forest forums ,but still waiting for that EU release date. Hopefully at E3.

Still. I was wondering if someone could translate this. I believe it's about the sales of this game. Is it sold out?
"覚醒が売り切れていた件.
悔しさのあまり、つい。売り切れと書かれた箱を持って名残惜しげにたたずんでいるお兄さんも見かけたので、その人の悔しさもまとめてぶつけてみました。買えたら消します。"

"In relation to Awakening selling out.
It's so regrettable. I saw a guy standing regrettably holding a box with 'sold out' written on it, so I tried to convey that regret. I'll delete once I buy it."

Best I can do. I don't know the context so I can't give a perfect translation, though that should be enough.

Instro

"覚醒が売り切れていた件.

Can't translate, but from the comments in the Media Create thread it sounds like the game is selling out, or very close to doing so. Initial shipment was 200k-250k.

NeonZ

As for the story, it's nothing super crazy. Basically,
You and your party are sucked into a different dimension where this old fortune teller lives. You help him take care of these phantoms of heroes from the past who have sort of gone wild. He's also kind of forceful about demanding your help

I apologize for not having names. I have the worst memory when it comes to that kind of thing.

Thanks.

Although, I'm still kind of wondering
How does Marth join the party at the end? Is it story related at all or do you just get a random extra character in your army? Also, does Marth have bond/supports at all like the main characters? Or is he completely locked away from that?

Having a lot of fun playing this, although, I'm not to proud to admit I'm a complete beginner and don't really know what I'm doing, but I am having fun experimenting. It's already resulted in the accidental
death
of
Rizu
, but I intend to play again from the start once I'm done. This first time is sort of like a practice run.

The first
gaiden
chapter with
Doni
was doing my head in so I just went on to
Chp4(?)
. Would like to complete the chapter so I can get
Doni on my team, even though he probably sucks

As I said in the MC thread, the small, independent retailer I bought from had sold four of his ten copies yesterday when I showed up, which he seemed surprised about. Hopefully, this game, with it's more casual friendly/PSP friendly options and vibe will encourage more interest in the series in the future.

Thanks.

Although, I'm still kind of wondering
How does Marth join the party at the end? Is it story related at all or do you just get a random extra character in your army? Also, does Marth have bond/supports at all like the main characters? Or is he completely locked away from that?

The fortune teller gives you him as a gift of thanks in the form of a card. Marth then asks you a question about whether you'd leave a wounded friend behind in order to win a battle. He talks a little bit about himself and then he joins your party. No clue about bonds/support since I turned the system off after completing the DLC.

Also, I've totally been starting over when a character dies (not too frequently). I imagine as the missions get more difficult, I'll end up not going back to save them. For now though I don't wanna lose any of my key characters.

It's definitely been fun so far though. Glad I picked this up.

Hansel

Banned
I want to go shopping with her
I love him so much
Why don't you just go out with one another?

I secretly look up to her
He's rather sexy
*whistles*

I can't understand her actions
I like her a lot
One of them has a black stomach

I like her, but I can't say it
I'll protect her with my life
Girls friendship is rather extreme

I want to rub my face against him
I think he's my destiny
What are these guys thinking

Lately, we can't continue a conversation
Our interests don't match
I'm suspicious of your pasts(?)

I really like her
I want to give him my everything
What scary siblings

-Husband and Wife
She's not good at socializing
I get the feeling he'd be scary if I anger him
This must be what they call the stage of fatigue

o6QfX.jpg

Boney

Banned
I hate you Japan.

good, I won't have to hear your bitching come november then

"In relation to Awakening selling out.
It's so regrettable. I saw a guy standing regrettably holding a box with 'sold out' written on it, so I tried to convey that regret. I'll delete once I buy it."

Best I can do. I don't know the context so I can't give a perfect translation, though that should be enough.

I guess I should add that this comes from a picture drawn by a japanese Fire Emblem fan.
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=26664068

Socreges

Banned
To be fair, that translation isn't anywhere near the quality of what a final localization would be.
Does "I want to rub my face against him" sound any less awkward and ridiculous before being translated? How about the incest stuff?

I love Intelligent Systems, but it's never been so obvious that they are all shameless perverts.
KuGsj.gif

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Be real with me guys: how big is the possibility that this game won't make it into the US? Because if it doesn't damn it that means I have to go scour a PAL 3DS >:\

Does "I want to rub my face against him" sound any less awkward and ridiculous before being translated? How about the incest stuff?

That's because it is (from the old man's reaction) supposed to be ridiculous. Humor in games, how does it work?

'I want to brush my cheek against his.'

would be a better translation, anyway.

If nothing's announced at E3, I'd say chances are really low.

Pretty much this. However, we've gotten every single FE game since Rekka no Ken with only one exception and that was probably down to quality concern issues, and the 3DS is still kind of starved for a diverse software library. I will be very surprised if this one isn't announced for release at E3 and, in fact, I suspect gil & co. are already working on it.

matmanx1

I emailed NCSX this afternoon and they didn't get their Special Packs in today from their supplier so mine still hasn't shipped out. Hopefully it will happen tomorrow but even with 2 day shipping the earliest I would be seeing the game is Monday or Tuesday. Oh well.

Wilsongt

Y'know... With all of the voice acting, I remain... cautious about getting excited we will get this. Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn had dreadful voice acting... Hopefully they'll take a leaf off of Kid Icarus' localization team book.

Y'know... With all of the voice acting, I remain... cautious about getting excited we will get this. Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn had dreadful voice acting... Hopefully they'll take a leaf off of Kid Icarus' localization team book.

Hahaha, oh man, this sure brings back memories of the awful VA in the 2 console FEs. So bad.

Top Bottom