• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem: Awakening (JP) |OT| - A Tale of Swords & Dragons Being 10 Year Olds

Soulhouf

Regarding Gamekult's review, to clarify the confusion, I just asked the reviewer and he told me that he never liked the fact that weapons break in that series. That's all.
So yeah, depending on your taste, that argument can be meaningless negatives.

Weapon breaking keeps things interesting. FE would be pretty boring without it, I think, unless it used a system like FE Gaiden.

Speaking of FE Gaiden, where the heck is Ike and the FE7 and FE4 lords? Why did Gaiden and FE8 get their lords first? Not fair.

Nohar

I want Lyn soooo bad... She was my very first Lord. Her critical strikes animations were awesome.

Still no "official" release-date for Europe... Come on Nintendo France, give me a sugar...

Nohar

Oh. God.

*screams like a fangirl - loudly*

(Ok, it's DLC, so I probably won't buy it, but gosh, it's about time. Also : Nintendo Europe, we need a release date. Now).

I doubt she'll dual wield in-game (God, I wish...), but that's an awesome piece of art.

Mr. Fix

tumblr_ly8ju3ksHq1qh993z.gif

StayDead

Ok so I'm finally almost done with getting every girl who can be S Ranked with somebody S Ranked so I only have one more future character to meet, well two. After that I'll finally get the spotpass levels done and then onto getting some of the DLC. I love that new Lyn artwork <3

Gradivus

Lyn's artwork is decent. I wonder how many DLC chapters are left until they stop making them for good? Hopefully Ike, Sigurd, Hector and Eliwood will get something :(

Mik2121

I know I'm quite late but... I just bought the game (about 2 days ago, but haven't had much time to play) and this is my first time with the series.

I'm really loving it but having party members die and be gone for good sucks so hard! (and didn't wanna play the 'casual' mode, so I'm sticking with this).

When you guys lose important members, do you just reload and do it again? I'm on the third mission now (I think) where this one girl obtained a Pegasus and she comes to help again, and she died on the first enemy turn, lol! Poor girl :(... and she seemed to have a bunch of conversations and stuff so I decided to reload and take care of her...

john tv

I know I'm quite late but... I just bought the game (about 2 days ago, but haven't had much time to play) and this is my first time with the series.

I'm really loving it but having party members die and be gone for good sucks so hard! (and didn't wanna play the 'casual' mode, so I'm sticking with this).

When you guys lose important members, do you just reload and do it again? I'm on the third mission now (I think) where this one girl obtained a Pegasus and she comes to help again, and she died on the first enemy turn, lol! Poor girl :(... and she seemed to have a bunch of conversations and stuff so I decided to reload and take care of her...
Pretty much always. If someone dies, I consider it a lost round and reload my save.

Mik2121

Pretty much always. If someone dies, I consider it a lost round and reload my save.

I see...

I just went through and saved after the pegasus girl (forgot her name) died. Too bad, she seemed to be quite into Krom (or however you spell his name).

It's the only save file, so I might just go and start the game again... I only played 2 hours, and most of it was reading stuff that I can skip through, and seeing all the battles without skipping. I guess if I go and skip everything, I could get to the same point in about 40 mins or so.

Gradivus

Paris is revealed, his the descendant of the "Hero of the Blue Flame" and wields the Ragnell...Ike's background anyone? ;)

The last spotpass character for the 3DS game just arrived! Don't look if you don't want to know.

Boney

Banned

The only characters I let die are guys I'm not gonna use in my party. Which of course on the first playthrough you judge it in a completely superficial way with how they look and story related business.

If a random axe wielder dies on the first chapters I probably won't give a shit because he'd most probably be benched forever, so I just shrug it off. But if a cool character I've been chaperoning dies, I'll restart.

In your case, with lovely Sumia's death, I'd restart on a heartbeat.

Lexmark2

Banned
Lyn's artwork is decent. I wonder how many DLC chapters are left until they stop making them for good? Hopefully Ike, Sigurd, Hector and Eliwood will get something :(

Hopefully Elliwood stays away from DLC so nintendo doesn't waste money on what probably is the least liked lord.

Gradivus

Eliwood is so-so in popularity in Japan (what Japan likes > what overseas likes is probably the mindset IS will be going with). Either way, DLC has been pretty profitable for IS, so the more the better for them I suppose.

Seems my spoilers message got cut off a bit, so I've re-edit it if people are interested on the final spotpass character.

What the hell did they do to Ike? He looks like an anorexic cyborg. He's one of my favorite characters too. T_T

This DLC artwork has been so hit & miss. (With more misses.) I wouldn't totally object to them getting some new guest artists to provide the DLC artwork for the US/PAL release.

Lunar15

I don't mind the armor Ike has, or even that he's not that muscular or anything. But this is just a bad drawing. It's like the artist had no concept of perspective.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought this along with a Japanese 3DS LL. I'm loving the hardware--the screen size is just great.

I'm only an hour or so into the game, but it seems pretty fun.

I will say this, though: I strongly dislike all but one female character who has thus far appeared. They are all fucking bullshit "moe" stereotypes. I deeply cringe at every "oniichan." Definitely seems like a step down in terms of story from previous Fire Emblem games.

Japan really needs to move away from this creeper moe stuff.

Jubern

I'm progressing in the game at a steady flow. I bought it for cheap a few months ago along some others when I finally got my hands on a 3DS, but only started for real last week. And boy it's so goooooood.

Noob warning: I only tried a few titles in the series in the past (Sword of Seals, Path of Radiance) and never finished any. I'm a zero stress guy when it comes to strategy and characterisation too, so I went with Casual Mode and it was definitely a great choice for me.

Anyway, I'm on chapter 15 right now, and having a blast. The game is tight, with great gameplay and a really nice story. I can see how a lot of characters (mainly women) are just stereotypes, but I'm having too much fun with the relationship system and the
parents/child
support conversation to care.
Spoilers about what I did (names romanization might be wrong):
Crom is with Sumia, Veik with Soirée, Lonque with Velvet, my unit with Liz.
Those four pairing plus their offspring give me a full party and I'm aiming to see every support convo between parent/child/siblings.

As someone basically new to the franchise, I must say I'm enjoying this a LOT.

RPGCrazied

Played the English demo, and I loved it. Can someone tell me if it has a lot of those 3D animations? I hope its a lot and not just 2 or 3. There is 2 in the demo.

Chrom

Played the English demo, and I loved it. Can someone tell me if it has a lot of those 3D animations? I hope its a lot and not just 2 or 3. There is 2 in the demo.

There are like eight or so in the whole game, going off of my memory. They're all really good, though.

Top Bottom