• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Shun

Sorry for my #FE spam. I've had quite the obsession with this game since the release is very close.
I'm working on some extra stuff for people who follow the OT in Photoshop/Illustrator, if anyone wants avatars of toi8 Fire Emblem artwork let me know.

I also won't be doing any gifs but I will have a section for EVERY trailer for the game. I might also translate the Dear Witch Iroha manga that Barry Goodman in #FE is obsessed with. That and Masquerader: Thunderbolt Fang.

For FE15 they should have a female lord named Daisy, so eventually we can say Daisy is now playable in Smash

L95

Gah, Patty cam to my mind, but then I remembered she was named Patty, not daisy lol

Well, there is a character in Fates named Arthur, despite the fact Arthur the legacy character is in Awakening >.>

Also, CD Fire Emblem Best Collection Series Fire Emblem: Awakening OST(Pre-order)

Took the plunge on the DVD (hoping that the Cipher card comes with it), which I think it does from looking at the Comiket pricing.

eventhough i already have the ost, tempted to get it again just for that new illustration
also amazonjp links for those who hates their stuff delayed an extra week due to customs... like me
orchestra: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B019DMJCC2/
awakening ost: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B019HNHM4W/

edit: it does comes with cipher promo card
【初回封入特典】
ファイアーエムブレム0(サイファ) プロモーションカード"亡国の王子 マルス"
※初回特典は数に限りがございますので、ご注文はお早めに。

Chrom

Well, the barracks conversations wouldn't be removed (the ones that you can talk to when they're randomly in the base). I wouldn't take this is a confirmation yet.

That is a fair point. Even so, I would like to think that it wouldn't be just barracks conversations if they're bullet pointing it as a feature on the list. I'd wager it's the whole shebang.

Fates isn't canon, there's no Smash Bros option in chapter 6

:p

edit: on a more serious note, while Elise doesn't sound like a brat like in the Smash Bros trailer, something still feels off (and it's not about being too high-pitched; characters like Viridi are even higher and sound fine)

Sakura and Mikoto sound great

can we bring back #BlameTakumi yet

spiritfox

If you have Smash installed in your 3DS it'll show up as the 4th option. Choosing that will delete your Fates game, and destroy your cart / remove your digital license.

I wish.

Golnei

If you have Smash installed in your 3DS it'll show up as the 4th option. Choosing that will delete your Fates game, and destroy your cart / remove your digital license.

I wish.

I always wanted Yoko Taro to work with Nintendo on something. If they keep collaborating with external writers, maybe he'll have a shot at FE15.

WELL THEN!

Dark Horse to Release ''The Art of Fire Emblem: Awakening"

fter its amazing success with the release of the collectors’ book The Legend of Zelda™: Hyrule Historia, Dark Horse turns its attention to another Nintendo® franchise, Fire Emblem™.

The Art of Fire Emblem: Awakening is an in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at the smash-hit game for Nintendo 3DS. This book offers beautifully illustrated renditions of your favorite characters, storyboards for in-game events, character designs, weapon designs, character profiles, and the entirety of the script with every possible branch of dialogue!

Fire Emblem is a tactical role-playing video game franchise published by Nintendo. The series currently consists of six games available in the United States. Fire Emblem: Awakening is the latest Fire Emblem game to be released in the US. Fire Emblem: Fates, the follow-up to Awakening, was released in Japan in June 2015 and will come to the US in February 2016.

Relive some of the most poignant moments of the game—or see what might have been if you had made different in-game decisions with The Art of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

The Art of Fire Emblem: Awakening will be available in comic shops on August 17, 2016, and in bookstores on August 30, 2016. Preorder your copy today at your local comic shop or through these fine retailers:

kagamin

Ok, so I'll bite on asking for some Fates advice now then. I'm playing Conquest on Lunatic Classic right now and am on Chapter 10, are there any recommended levels for characters right now or general advice? Furthest I've made it was 10 turns with heavy casualties and then the enemy took the tiles on turn 11 (and 9 turns with no casualties and enemies took the tiles on turn 10).

K0PTU99.jpg

Season's greetings from Ylisse.
who the fuck is this random guy with a Falchion for some reason anyway
Ok, so I'll bite on asking for some Fates advice now then. I'm playing Conquest on Lunatic Classic right now and am on Chapter 10, are there any recommended levels for characters right now or general advice? Furthest I've made it was 10 turns with heavy casualties and then the enemy took the tiles on turn 11 (and 9 turns with no casualties and enemies took the tiles on turn 10).
I dunno what level or class your Corrin is, but don't be afraid to have your highest level units kill a lot of stuff, also remember that the best defense is a good offense, so try to clear out enemies as they come rather than waiting until they're halfway across the map

(on a side note, I'd like to point out that prior to the Smash Bros reveal, the top google search result for 'Corrin' was a random wikipedia article about some chemical compound)

edit: actually....which English names are officially confirmed?

Like theprodigy said, for your general strategy, clearing out enemies is your best bet. In fact, I'm told there are ways to take down the boss before things go to Hell. I'm assuming you aren't going to even try figuring out how to pull that off though. Don't know how to pull it off myself.

Aside from that, some tips:

• Don't be afraid to use Tonics. They don't cost that much and might just give you the extra edge you need.
  • The Freeze staff can be handy for the Paired-Up Pegasus Knights, giving you a little extra breathing room. Just...don't attack them afterwards like I did. Freeze only affects the lead unit, meaning the other'll be free to move if you do that. I still won (So lucky Azura was just in reach of Zero), but I'd rather you not waste a Freeze staff like that. >.>
  • Didn't need to myself, but if you're really having trouble and you're desperate, consider promoting Luna and giving her a bow. It'll gimp her in the long run, but you won't be running anywhere if you're stuck here.
  • Last but not least, pray hard enough and maybe you'll finally dodge one attack in this game. Pray really hard and Elise'll dodge everything the enemy Ninjas I forgot about throw at her on the last turn. <3

kagamin

Hmmm, now that I think about it... my Joker/Jacob could probably take Takumi and Hinata no problem if I destroy the wall fast enough, I'll give it a try thanks for the info ^_^ (btw I dunno if I it was a bad idea, but my class focus for my avatar was Ninja, with Str as my strong growth and HP as my weaker growth).

Top Bottom