• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Yeah, would make the first 16 or so chapters a lot easier, I guess. lol Though if you have access to Dark Flier, you should have access to Dread Fighter as well. Lose 2 Movement to keep Yato and gain Kunai while staying in a more phys-oriented class which Kamui'd be more suited for given their base growths.

You can have Elise as a Dark Flier shuttle you across the map if she didn't already set it on fire with a 1Mt tome.

Well, I guess you lucked your way into a decent sub-class then. lol As I said, 1-2 phys ranged options are nice -- especially since your Kamui's Str-focused -- and Elite Ninjas get to use swords, meaning you won't lose Yato.

nah, Dark Flier is totally better than Dread Fighter, Yato or not

+magic is great!

also, what are Corrin's alternate colors in Smash based on? the Fire Emblem wiki claims Oboro is one of them, but eh idk

edit: hold on...does part of Elise's hair have Camilla's hair color, or am I seeing things?

Draxal

Oh man.

Sakurai loves Seisen and Awakening and Kozaki's art while also liking the child making parts of both of those games. Weird that his tastes are so similar to mine as not many like both of those games.

nah, Dark Flier is totally better than Dread Fighter, Yato or not

+magic is great!

also, what are Corrin's alternate colors in Smash based on? the Fire Emblem wiki claims Oboro is one of them, but eh idk

edit: hold on...does part of Elise's hair have Camilla's hair color, or am I seeing things?

Tomes suck if you're not Elise. :x Better off using a Levin Sword or Shinrai Naginata, but I wouldn't know where you'd get one of the latter for a Dark Flier in Nohr.

As for Elise's hair, I -think- you're looking at a ribbon that helps keep it all together.

L95

Tomes suck if you're not Elise. :x Better off using a Levin Sword or Shinrai Naginata, but I wouldn't know where you'd get one of the latter for a Dark Flier in Nohr.

As for Elise's hair, I -think- you're looking at a ribbon that helps keep it all together.

Nah, Elise mentions in her supports with Camilla she dyes a little bit of her hair purple to be like her big sis. (Though there is a purple ribbon too))

pls, people agreed not to use Dark Flier for their LTC runs because it was too good

also even without Corrin, Leo still uses tomes :p

There goes my Tharja For Smash 5 campaign...
Nah, Elise mentions in her supports with Camilla she dyes a little bit of her hair purple to be like her big sis. (Though there is a purple ribbon too))
D'aww~
pls, people agreed not to use Dark Flier for their LTC runs because it was too good

also even without Corrin, Leo still uses tomes :p

Brunnhilde doesn't stop Leo from dealing less damage than his little sister using Petit Fire -- and that's before her second attack! :x (Okay, RNG probably screwed me over there, but still)

Golnei

They can just make Tharja DLC and reuses her lines from clips and awakening.

That's always a possibility, but it would seem to indicate they'd need to recast her if she shows up as a child-clone again, like Syalla. Though that's assuming they do that at all next time, or continue to carry over Awakening characters - until we see a third game, there's no way of knowing if they're going to have those call-back characters accumulate, whether they'll just reference the instalment immediately prior; or if that was just a Fates thing.

Golnei

that means more chances for owain to show up again

With an even more plunging neckline, probably.

tumblr_ny2kkooDlo1qg5fjzo1_r1_400.gif

NeonZ

That's always a possibility, but it would seem to indicate they'd need to recast her if she shows up as a child-clone again, like Syalla. Though that's assuming they do that at all next time, or continue to carry over Awakening characters - until we see a third game, there's no way of knowing if they're going to have those call-back characters accumulate, whether they'll just reference the instalment immediately prior; or if that was just a Fates thing.

I don't think clones will happen again. Those didn't seem to get boosted popularity at all in spite of being so close to previous characters. Actual returning cast might happen again though, considering how they retained more of their original popularity, with Owain especially still very popular, even if behind the royals and one or two others.

Although I still don't get why IS didn't do old characters as DLC. They even had Chrom, Frederick and Lissa working in Fates' engine but didn't allow recruiting them. I wonder how Fates' standalone DLC maps performed in comparison to Awakening's, especially considering how they seemed to stop rather suddenly, without anything resembling a final map.

Brunnhilde doesn't stop Leo from dealing less damage than his little sister using Petit Fire -- and that's before her second attack! :x (Okay, RNG probably screwed me over there, but still)

20/4 Elise: 28.5 magic+3 (Fire tome)=31.5 attack
base Leo: 20 magic+10 (Brunnhilde)+1 (C rank tomes)=31 attack
level 25 +magic/-luck Corrin (reclassed to Dark Flier at level 10): 25.7 magic+5? (idk, Thunder tome and D rank, although Corrin can and probably should wield more powerful stuff by this point)=30.7 attack

I guess if you're going really slowly, that could happen :p

(besides we all know her offense is great once you get there, it's the durability of wet tissue paper that's the issue :p)

Draxal

Looking at the other side, I'm more inclined to believe it'll be alternate art of Lucina.

From every possible angle.

The one side is the Starter exclusive Cipher Marth from Kozaki, the other Starter exclusive Cipher card is Chrom (also from Kozaki) from set 1 and the both of are those are used in promotional material all the time so I'm betting it will be that. Every piece of art there is from Kozaki except for Kita's Ike.

The one side is the Starter exclusive Cipher Marth from Kozaki, the other Starter exclusive Cipher card is Chrom (also from Kozaki) from set 1 and the both of are those are used in promotional material all the time so I'm betting it will be that. Every piece of art there is from Kozaki except for Kita's Ike.

I imagine so, just seems hilarious it keeps happening to him wwwww

Draxal

So if you've been following twitter or the SF thread, Comiket stuff sold out relatively fast (saving batches for each day though).

Hopefully they'll reprint alot of the stuff though.

I"m not sure if this is a good sign or a bad sign.

cause I'm bored, Awakening characters by "birthday" month (I still think the whole thing is kinda dumb, but whatever):

January-Gaius (2nd), Say'ri (11th), Severa (21st), Gregor (27th)
February-Priam (9th), Miriel (12th), Brady (22nd), Tiki (28th)
March-Lissa (6th), Yarne (14th), Gangrel (16th), Nah (29th)
April-Tharja (2nd), Maribelle (14th), Lucina (20th), Laurent (25th)
May-Morgan (5th), Cynthia (14th), Ricken (23rd), Chrom (27th)
June-Donnel (4th), Anna (11th), Stahl (16th), Kellam (24th)
July-Libra (1st), Cordelia (7th), Owain (15th), Yen'fay (23rd)
August-Inigo (7th), Basilio (13th), Olivia (20th), Frederick (26th)
September-Gerome (1st), Walhart (14th), Nowi (21st), Kjelle (29th)
October-Noire (7th), Lon'qu (10th), Cherche (17th), Flavia (28th)
November-Aversa (3rd), Henry (13th), Panne (18th), Sumia (24th)
December-Sully (5th), Virion (10th), Emmeryn (23rd), Vaike (26th)

yes, each month does have exactly 4 characters, how convenient

Draxal

I assume you're a devoted fan of Unripe, and all its accompanying work. Though despite its popularity, I can't help but find its aesthetics kind of uninspired.

Nope, quite unfamiliar with it, I was just looking at the smashboards and saw the consensus was pretty much fem robin/corrin > male robin/corrin, and you know a huge portion of Lucina's popularity is her being a gender bent Marth.

Golnei

Nope, quite unfamiliar with it, I was just looking at the smashboards and saw the consensus was pretty much fem robin/corrin > male robin/corrin, and you know a huge portion of Lucina's popularity is her being a gender bent Marth.

Those might be valid for Smash Bros., but in general, isn't male Robin more popular than the female one, unlike Corrin? And I'm not sure whether it's the same sentiment pushing the female avatars and Lucina at all, considering how the former are more indicative of being the chosen proxy of the female audience, while Lucina is intended to be a fetish object for male fans. An iteration of Ike following the same formula might differ depending on what it attempted to draw its appeal from - a cute, waifish girl wielding Ragnell would probably be popular enough, but any attempt to give her visible musculature would severely limit her appeal. Indicating her vitality and robustness with an enormous chest would probably be a safer bet, but that also deviates from the general physicality of the formula.

Maybe they should just use a dimension-travelling Altina suffering from amnesia.

Those might be valid for Smash Bros., but in general, isn't male Robin more popular than the female one, unlike Corrin? And I'm not sure whether it's the same sentiment pushing the female avatars and Lucina at all, considering how the former are more indicative of being the chosen proxy of the female audience, while Lucina is intended to be a fetish object for male fans. An iteration of Ike following the same formula might differ depending on what it attempted to draw its appeal from - a cute, waifish girl wielding Ragnell would probably be popular enough, but any attempt to give her visible musculature would severely limit her appeal. Indicating her vitality and robustness with an enormous chest would probably be a safer bet, but that also deviates from the general physicality of the formula.

Maybe they should just use a dimension-travelling Altina suffering from amnesia.

people keep saying this, but where?
also female Robin/Corrin are clearly not just proxies for the female audience, I really don't know where people get this idea from

Golnei

people keep saying this, but where?
also female Robin/Corrin are clearly not just proxies for the female audience, I really don't know where people get this idea from

I haven't seen that much in the way of data, but the spread of fan work and the general trend in playthroughs I come into contact with do tend to favour male Robin much more than male Corrin; though as the sample size is completely unrepresentative, the actual ratio could be anything. Also, I wasn't saying that was the entirety of the female avatars' appeal, but it is a significant form of appeal present for them in a way that doesn't apply to characters like Lucina.

PK Gaming

Wait, for real? I don't know about the Fire Emblem fandom, but the Smash Bros fandom almost exclusively favors Female Robin over Male Robin. Like, good luck finding a tournament match or general fanart with just Male Robin for Smash.

Draxal

Wait, for real? I don't know about the Fire Emblem fandom, but the Smash Bros fandom almost exclusively favors Female Robin over Male Robin. Like, good luck finding a tournament match or general fanart with just Male Robin for Smash.

You can't waifu yourself.

Insert Corrin mirror picture here.

Top Bottom