• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Golnei

The VA work in the Smash trailer wasn't very reassuring

It even made Hellena Taylor sound bad. But Smash has never really had the best voice direction in general.

To be fair, if Awakening is the metric you are using, it never had Eastern names, and the names are changed quite drastically from some characters.

Drastic changes aren't a problem on their own, I just prefer the end result of Awakening's altered names rather than Fates' - Robin, Lon'qu and Inigo just seemed like better decisions than Corrin, Subaki and Xander.

Really, Xander's the worst of all of them. I would gladly endure Subaki if he had a less awful name.

Shun

I had a crossover dream where all the heroes of Fire Emblem were basically sealed inside eirei no mafu and people in the present summoned them from their cards to take place in a holy war. So basically Fire Emblem x Fate/Stay Night. Marth was Saber and Hector was Rider Leon was Caster, etc. You would fuck people up with their other Fire Emblem heroes for the Fire Emblem to grant you any wish.

Then I realized this was basically Genei Ibunroku #FE.

Now I kind of want a Fire Emblem x Fate/Stay Night type of game...

alongside a fighting game by Arc System Works or French Bread and real Fire Emblem renai game where I can take Altenna out on dates.

And now I want a Tales version for all of this.

spiritfox

I had a crossover dream where all the heroes of Fire Emblem were basically sealed inside eirei no mafu and people in the present summoned them from their cards to take place in a holy war. So basically Fire Emblem x Fate/Stay Night. Marth was Saber and Hector was Rider Leon was Caster, etc. You would fuck people up with their other Fire Emblem heroes for the Fire Emblem to grant you any wish.

Then I realized this was basically Genei Ibunroku #FE.

Now I kind of want a Fire Emblem x Fate/Stay Night type of game...

alongside a fighting game by Arc System Works or French Bread and real Fire Emblem renai game where I can take Altenna out on dates.

And now I want a Tales version for all of this.

Shouldn't Lucina be Saber.

I'm still bouncing between the two versions of Fates. How difficult is Conquest? It sounds like the story and gameplay scenarios are more interesting to me. The dilemma is that the only way I finished Awakening was hiring those super overpowered goons so I'm probably not very good at these games.

Any feedback from those who played both which is the better experience?

L95

I'm still bouncing between the two versions of Fates. How difficult is Conquest? It sounds like the story and gameplay scenarios are more interesting to me. The dilemma is that the only way I finished Awakening was hiring those super overpowered goons so I'm probably not very good at these games.

I liked Nohr more, but there's always Phoenix mode if you're desperate, literally impossible to lose, your units resseruct the next turn automatically, even if your entire team gets wiped the next turn they're all back >.>

It's hard to choose, but I think I enjoyed Conquest more, because of the more interesting battles. Can't really comment much about the story, since it's not really spectacular in either game.

However if you struggled with Awakening, Conquest is a bit harder (and you can't grind), so yeah you might have some issues.

That said, as mentioned, Phoenix Mode exists or there's Casual Mode, unless you already tried that in Awakening. You can still hire overpowered units too if you want to go that route XD

Draxal

I was honestly team IK all the way. Hoshido's story is standard, Nohr's story takes and interesting premise and just butchers it.

L95

So, are they gonna change the Nohr Princess in Fates itself?

If they do I hope they change the Female
Dark Blood
(Nohr Princess promotion, do not look if you want the Main character's promotion spoiled) as well <.<

9WEkY8q.png

I liked Nohr more, but there's always Phoenix mode if you're desperate, literally impossible to lose, your units resseruct the next turn automatically, even if your entire team gets wiped the next turn they're all back >.>

Good to know.

It's hard to choose, but I think I enjoyed Conquest more, because of the more interesting battles. Can't really comment much about the story, since it's not really spectacular in either game.

However if you struggled with Awakening, Conquest is a bit harder (and you can't grind), so yeah you might have some issues.

That said, as mentioned, Phoenix Mode exists or there's Casual Mode, unless you already tried that in Awakening. You can still hire overpowered units too if you want to go that route XD

Also good to know. For whatever reason I thought all this stuff was eliminated from Conquest. So the only real difference is you can't grind? Fine by me! I'm not a grinder. Rather one of the other ways if I suck too bad to continue.

I was honestly team IK all the way. Hoshido's story is standard, Nohr's story takes and interesting premise and just butchers it.

Hmm...that's stinks. The premise is indeed cool, but I heard the story sucks either way.

People complaining about too much Fire Emblem.

What a time to be alive.

It is kind of weird. But I'm just not a big enough fan to want to play three versions of the same game, essentially.

Draxal

People complaining about too much Fire Emblem.

What a time to be alive.

I mean hate Awakening gameplay or not, but Int Systems is pushing the crap out of the game now in so many different ways Cipher, all the merchandise, etc which is amazing for a series that was basically dead after Shadow Dragon.

It did hit a saturation point in Smash though (it is a mascot fighter so I agree with the points of the series being over repped).

Lunar15

I mean, I just never expected to personally feel like Fire Emblem was getting "milked". You tell high school me that and he'd just laugh in your face.

When does this happen to F-Zero?

Draxal

I mean, I just never expected to personally feel like Fire Emblem was getting "milked". You tell high school me that and he'd just laugh in your face.

When does this happen to F-Zero?

When Nintendo gives the IP to another second party, Int Sys is pushing the hell out of this not Nintendo.

Lunar15

When Nintendo gives the IP to another second party, Int Sys is pushing the hell out of this not Nintendo.

What's interesting though is that, even amidst the "Fire Emblem Renaissance" they still managed to release the incredibly out-of-left-field, niche Codename STEAM. I hope they continue to put out some weird new IPs, even with STEAM's failure.

Draxal

What's interesting though is that, even amidst the "Fire Emblem Renaissance" they still managed to release the incredibly out-of-left-field, niche Codename STEAM. I hope they continue to put out some weird new IPs, even with STEAM's failure.

Pushmo is great as well.

Code name steam just reminded me so much of shadow dragon ... interesting premise just ruined by horrific visuals/art and an incredibly major flaw (the enemy turns taking forever). I do love how it was so X-Com/Valkyria inspired Int Sys clearly pays attention to other turn based strat rpgs.

Dark Blood
(Nohr Princess promotion, do not look if you want the Main character's promotion spoiled) as well <.<

9WEkY8q.png

Maybe. Don't think even Camilla could make that outfit work 'cause it's awful, let alone Corrin and Kanna. Calls way too much attention to a single spot due to contrast, the design of said spot being more risqué than that of any other character's (and senselessly so), clashing with the rest of the design. Camilla and Charlotte at least call attention to several spots with a more consistent design.

Might fix Effie while they're at it.

The VA work in the Smash trailer wasn't very reassuring
Yeah, Elise's voice was...not good, Sakura's was fine though.
inb4 I mixed the two up somehow
fun fact: did you know Sakura and Charlotte are sharing a VA in the English dub?

Dark Blood

9WEkY8q.png
eww

wonder who decided to change the outfit, Treehouse or the Smash team?

spiritfox

Meanwhile Advance Wars is still dead. :(

NeonZ

Well, there was a pretty large gap between Awakening and Fates. I guess they might already have had plans for other games even before Awakening turned out to be a success.It'll be interesting to see what will happen with Fates now.

At this point, it seems like its DLC support was suddenly cut short...

Well, there was a pretty large gap between Awakening and Fates. I guess they might already have had plans for other games even before Awakening turned out to be a success.It'll be interesting to see what will happen with Fates now.

it takes time for non-royals DLC to be made!

L95

Do we know how well the Fates DLC was selling?

NeonZ

Do we know how well the Fates DLC was selling?

I don't think so. They made an announcement about how well Awakening's DLC did, and we got numbers for the first couple of months, but I don't think we've seen anything about Fates' DLC numbers.

Draxal

Need Yuzu/Shade/Ema dlc

Shun

I am basically done with OP but I thought since I have time I am doing graphic overlay now.

Any tip or suggestion? Such as font, placement, etc. This is my second OT so I am experiment and practicing. Suggestion for font color to look better on this website?

I was planning to have the idol form in between the normal and carnage form but I could not find any hi res artwork for that in any of the JP Content Kits I have access to.
I don't think I have one for Barry's leaked one either.

Anyway I have the normal mode and carnage mode, then to the right I have name and CV, then I have character biography above it.
Under each character I have overlay for each Mirage too.

Still work in progress. I am planning to do all the revealed playable chara so far because Maiko/Barry/Tiki are spoilers. I might do enemies?

Would you like GIF of gameplay and battle too or would that be too much image? thank you very much I will resize this in a little bit, just first draft example.

Is there place to upload PNG file that is not imgur?

Looks good to me, although I'm a bit worried about the white text over grey background impacting readability (although the text shadows do help).

Love the idea of featuring the carnage forms : )

By the way, I noticed Tsubasa's carnage form art is kind of blurry compared to the rest. Perhaps this won't be an issue after resizing the images down?

Shun

english is not my first language that is why i ask.

I am still looking through it.

Looks good to me, although I'm a bit worried about the white text over grey background impacting readability (although the text shadows do help).

Love the idea of featuring the carnage forms : )

By the way, I noticed Tsubasa's carnage form art is kind of blurry compared to the rest. Perhaps this won't be an issue after resizing the images down?

I'll be resizing it because I wasn't able to get a content kit with all the most recent hi res art for Tsubasa. I was for everyone else

The weird thing is that it is JUST Tsubasa. Everyone else is fine.

What I trying to do is to get rid of whatever misconception anyone who is curious about this game has.

Like how idol form costumes are changeable and with better outfits. Carnage Forme is the true costume for battles. Stuff like the topic system and actual gameplay instead of having a thread of complaining.

L95

Random tangent:

One of the characters in if has a wyvern named &#12511;&#12471;&#12455;&#12452;&#12523; (Michalis' Japanese name) I hope they don't miss the reference and name the wyvern Michelle or something in English >.>

EDIT:

hahahah

http://i.imgur.com/5fxwOUL.jpg

I knew the male fighter was amazing (you can see their ass from behind) but I hadn't realized they looked like that from the front, ahahahah

jzbluz

Random tangent:

One of the characters in if has a wyvern named &#12511;&#12471;&#12455;&#12452;&#12523; (Michalis' Japanese name) I hope they don't miss the reference and name the wyvern Michelle or something in English >.>

EDIT:

hahahah

http://i.imgur.com/5fxwOUL.jpg

I knew the male fighter was amazing (you can see their ass from behind) but I hadn't realized they looked like that from the front, ahahahah

He looks smooth around the bend. I actually spent an awful amount of time trying to figure out if Odin's model had a package because it kinda looks like it has bump in front.

Xenoflare

It even made Hellena Taylor sound bad. But Smash has never really had the best voice direction in general.

I actually thought it wasn't Helena Taylor at all, she just sounded... so different in that smash trailer.

Drastic changes aren't a problem on their own, I just prefer the end result of Awakening's altered names rather than Fates' - Robin, Lon'qu and Inigo just seemed like better decisions than Corrin, Subaki and Xander.

Really, Xander's the worst of all of them. I would gladly endure Subaki if he had a less awful name.

That actually reminds me, child stuff, marking it for safety
Matoi's name is an anagram to Cordelia's JP name Tiamo, don't know how treehouse can anagram Cordelia into something Japanese

Actually I'm okay with Xander, I'm not with Subaki because Subaki just sounds like a bad phonic localization through and through. I find it worse than shortening names

Shun

Update visuals, done with the templates. Now time to edit. Would gameplay gif be appreciate or is it too much internet bandwidth? Just want to clear any misconceptions of game.

bgyPVc.png

Golnei

That actually reminds me, child stuff, marking it for safety
Matoi's name is an anagram to Cordelia's JP name Tiamo, don't know how treehouse can anagram Cordelia into something Japanese

Corrin isn't exactly the most Japanese name in the world, so they might be okay with breaking that part of the connection. Similarly, they might not even use an anagram at all to tie her to
Cordelia - using the name of another Shakespearean character would be plausible, for example. I'll also be severely disappointed if they don't take the opportunity to call Luna Furiosa.

Update visuals, done with the templates. Now time to edit. Would gameplay gif be appreciate or is it too much internet bandwidth? Just want to clear any misconceptions of game.

Ooh, I like the shiny text.

I think a gameplay gif is too much; an embedded youtube video should be fine, I'd reckon.

Korigama

I'm somewhat curious as to whether that change to female Corrin will also apply to the localization to Fates, or if it was to accommodate Smash specifically due to being a game that's rated E10+.

Golnei

I'm somewhat curious as to whether that change to female Corrin will also apply to the localization to Fates, or if it was to accommodate Smash specifically due to being a game that's rated E10+.

It's not E10+ any more.

tumblr_nzf91kTIyE1rzn9vfo1_500.gif

...though even if Bayonetta wasn't in, I doubt those changes would have been made for ratings purposes, given how much more tame her cut-outs are in comparison to ZSS's costume and the Awakening trophies in the game - only Tharja was actually removed, and a body stocking is a little more risque than Corrin's exposed thighs.

Korigama

It's not E10+ any more.

...though even if Bayonetta wasn't in, I doubt those changes would have been made for ratings purposes, given how much more tame her cut-outs are in comparison to ZSS's costume and the Awakening trophies in the game - only Tharja was actually removed, and a body stocking is a little more risque than Corrin's exposed thighs.
I'm still thinking the point of contention was the idea of her showing skin in such a manner. Even with the form-fitting nature of the ZSS and Tharja examples, they're still covered up.

NeonZ

It's not E10+ any more.

It's not just exposed tights though. They don't show it in the artwork, but getting panty shots of female Corrin is fairly easy. I think that might have been the actual reason behind covering her legs.

Golnei

It's not just exposed tights though. They don't show it in the artwork, but getting panty shots of female Corrin is fairly easy. I think that might have been the actual reason behind covering her legs.

Actually, that does make more sense, given how militant they were about blacking out the skirts of every character on the roster compared to Brawl (even Toon Link's tunic was affected). Given Corrin's design, blacking out the original would just look weird, so changing it to be more in line with the male Corrin would have been a natural second choice.

Top Bottom