• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Draxal

Kudos to Nintendo Treehouse for localizing Luna's name as Serena.

Wasn't Serena a char in Sacred Stones? I mean they're going to be running into name issues anyway when there's a metric ton of characters, but it seems like they're going out of their way in reusing old ones.

edit. Oh it was Selena.

Chrom

Wasn't Serena a char in Sacred Stones? I mean they're going to be running into name issues anyway when there's a metric ton of characters, but it seems like they're going out of their way in reusing old ones.

No, you're thinking of Selena.

Serena is
Severa's Japanese name

Kudos to Nintendo Treehouse for localizing Luna's name as Serena.

this sounds confusing

more (bad) names:

Zero:
Niles
Mozume:
Mozu
Belka:
Beruka
Rod Knight:
Troubadour.

Missed one: Revenant Knight:
Malig Knight

PK Gaming

Aisy or Dais

Okay, let's not get ahead of ourselves it's not lik-

this sounds confusing

more (bad) names:

Mozume:
Mozu

Missed one: Revenant Knight:
Malig Knight

Kz678yt.png

Xenoflare

Omg revenant knight nooooooooo

Treehouse is dead to me

.....why? The fan translation used Revenant and the spaces are fine.

This name localization is giving me the lolz and face palm of persona 1 ps1. Minus the racial transformation

derp nice character limit

...I'm guessing the character limit is like 13-15 characters? Shrine Maiden and Nohr Princess are both 13 after all

edit: oh also bronze->brass change only applies to Hoshido weapons (whatever), kunais are now daggers (makes sense)

Golnei

Serena's pretty good, the others I can deal with as well, for the most part. Though Malig Knight is a deplorably clumsy pun, and Niles is just...why. I don't think any of the FE14 characters who've had their names changed from Kirby bosses have been anything close to improvements.

CSX

So is there a full list of confirmed name changes so far?

The only one i remember from long ago was Suzukaze is Kaze

batfax

Man, Zero's new name is so different. Probably going to be imagining him like this for a while:

PSy96B3.jpg

What a weird choice.

kagamin

My eyesight must be getting worse! I was really convinced it said Serena on-screen, and the idea of Treehouse being cheeky enough to actually give her that name must've served as a placebo in my thinking.

But yes, it is indeed Selena after all.

Laaaaaaaaaaaame!

Zero -> Niles...Nihilism? Not the worst change. Too many Zeros. It's not a real name anyway!
Mozume -> Mozu...I, uh, guess people won't call her mo-zu-mii now? Eh...Yeah, screw this.
Luna -> Selena's cool in my books.
Belka -> Beruka's alright. At least I'm not thinking of Bell-kun anymore.

Revenant Knight -> Malig Knight...Not the worst change. Conveys the role better than Revenant Knight which, fucking cool as it may be to say, can be -very- easily misunderstood as the knights being undead. Then again, now the knight could be thought to have a malignant disease themselves and----Damnit, it's progress, okay!? Think adding a hyphen to make it "Malig-Knight" would make it look a little better personally.

Hmmm, now that I think about it... my Joker/Jacob could probably take Takumi and Hinata no problem if I destroy the wall fast enough, I'll give it a try thanks for the info ^_^ (btw I dunno if I it was a bad idea, but my class focus for my avatar was Ninja, with Str as my strong growth and HP as my weaker growth).

Not sure Kamui'd do well with any of the Ninja skills. Puppeteer's Copycat, while great, requires dropping Yato which you probably wouldn't want to do. Elite Ninja's Lethality would be great if it ever activated on an enemy that's not already dead. Still, a physical 1-2 ranged option is very nice and it gets better if you can stick with the class until you get Kunaifaire (Daggerfaire?) and get off using Bronze weapons.

Now, if Joker were to get those skills...

Oh, and congratulations on beating Ch. 10!

Xenoflare

What is even the point of name changes.

The shortened one might have something to do with certain equipment that uses the characters' names, or character (typeface) limitations

Things like "Subaki" might be there to avoid mispronunciation, which is pointless.

Other than that this entire name change thing is overall excessive

Harold-Arthur, I mean, why.

Why change Belka to Beruka that sounds like a poorly localized Engrish name?

Personally I view a lot of the modified Hoshido names a bit dumb

Edit: I mean, awakening had massive name changes too, but when you have names like Reflect, Inverse and Sort I expect some changes

and if Mozume is Mozu then why Sakura isn't Saku

kagamin

Not sure Kamui'd do well with any of the Ninja skills. Puppeteer's Copycat, while great, requires dropping Yato which you probably wouldn't want to do. Elite Ninja's Lethality would be great if it ever activated on an enemy that's not already dead. Still, a physical 1-2 ranged option is very nice and it gets better if you can stick with the class until you get Kunaifaire (Daggerfaire?) and get off using Bronze weapons.

Now, if Joker were to get those skills...

Oh, and congratulations on beating Ch. 10!

tbh I had no idea what I was doing when I choose this crap, I didn't look at any information about the game beforehand XD

what

doesn't matter, 8 move+flying+magic+promoted stats at an unpromoted level=lol

Yeah, would make the first 16 or so chapters a lot easier, I guess. lol Though if you have access to Dark Flier, you should have access to Dread Fighter as well. Lose 2 Movement to keep Yato and gain Kunai while staying in a more phys-oriented class which Kamui'd be more suited for given their base growths.

You can have Elise as a Dark Flier shuttle you across the map if she didn't already set it on fire with a 1Mt tome.

tbh I had no idea what I was doing when I choose this crap, I didn't look at any information about the game beforehand XD

Well, I guess you lucked your way into a decent sub-class then. lol As I said, 1-2 phys ranged options are nice -- especially since your Kamui's Str-focused -- and Elite Ninjas get to use swords, meaning you won't lose Yato.

ranmafan

eventhough i already have the ost, tempted to get it again just for that new illustration
also amazonjp links for those who hates their stuff delayed an extra week due to customs... like me
orchestra: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B019DMJCC2/
awakening ost: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B019HNHM4W/

edit: it does comes with cipher promo card

Got my dvd preordered last night, although I wish I could go to comiket this year and get one early, but Im busy that week. Really wanna see if they include the footage they took outside the concert. I know one of the cameramen passed by me a few times while I was waiting.

Also I wonder why no bluray version of the concert? Either way though I can't wait to experience the concert again, was such a fantastic experience online. Looking so forward to it.

Top Bottom