• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

"Larger file sizes but no dual audio? What is this? I don't even..."

Hm, if I had to take a guess, the JP audio files are actually there. You just can't access them. The localization was always operating on the assumption they could get the JP audio license, but things didn't go as planned. Rather than delete the files (which can cause some really weird things because programming is weird like that), they simply locked them out.

This would open the possibility of a post-release unlock if re-negotiations happen (or if those negotiations are actually still happening). Just speculation and a hint of prayer though. Okay, maybe a lot of prayer as I'm way too used to JP audio. >.>

Shun

Did you mean to reveal your name in that pic?

I fix and edit it.
N94pGHv.png

You'll always be Shun to me no matter who you are Shun

thank you?

Draxal

"Larger file sizes but no dual audio? What is this? I don't even..."

Hm, if I had to take a guess, the JP audio files are actually there. You just can't access them. The localization was always operating on the assumption they could get the JP audio license, but things didn't go as planned. Rather than delete the files (which can cause some really weird things because programming is weird like that), they simply locked them out.

This would open the possibility of a post-release unlock if re-negotiations happen (or if those negotiations are actually still happening). Just speculation and a hint of prayer though. Okay, maybe a lot of prayer as I'm way too used to JP audio. >.>

I honestly think this is the most likely thing.

Am I the only one who doesn't really care that there's no sub?

Also could it be possible that the Live2d assets could have anything to do with no dual audio?

Draxal

Also could it be possible that the Live2d assets could have anything to do with no dual audio?

I really don't give a shit the dub is great. I really think it's the licensing aspect myself or if they're major script changes.

Well, after you put in 200+ hours playing the JP version, you get a -little- attached to the voices. :p

As for Live2D preventing dual audio, I'm just going to say I really doubt it. If anything they'd want dual audio even more with that in. >.>

I just noticed that Felicia and Flora have their "birthdays" on February 19, aka release day.

You know what that means right?
we've got trouble

Busaiku

So who else is switching sexes for the different games, and if so, which for what.

Conquest - probably male
Birthright - probably female
Revelations - probably male again, but it could change depending on which of the other characters I end up liking more

spiritfox

So who else is switching sexes for the different games, and if so, which for what.

Conquest - probably male
Revelations - probably male again, but it could change depending on which of the other characters I end up liking more

I'll probably pick the other gender for my 2nd run. And Birthright first cause easier one first.

Conquest - probably male

Conquest: Female
Birthright: Male
Revelations: Dunno

Gestahl

Conquest - probably male

The male character looks like such a goober I could only stomach it once in three playthroughs

GSR

Conquest - probably male

Conquest Male, Birthright Female, Revelation Female is the what I've been doing on the JP version. I actually meant to play Conquest/Female and Birthright/Male but I was streaming my first crack at the game and the chat voted Birthright.

I do wonder where I'm going to squeeze in a male Corrin run considering I decided to do a Lunatic challenge run in Birthright which requires scrapping that idea...probably the super quick Revelation run to setup a castle real quick.

cause otherwise:
Conquest/Revelation Lunatic-going full optimal here, ain't got time for that
Revelation postgame file-I'm not pairing up Elise

So far my place is for Male/Birthright with Hana and Female/Conquest with an undecided partner, maybe Kaze or Silas. Undecided on Revelation, but if I haven't changed my mind at that point, probably Male/Azura.

Sölf

Well, I am happy that all the skinship dialogues are in, but no dual audio is a total turnoff for me. :(
Maybe the european version has it, since we still don't have a real release date. And no way to pre-order the special edition. >_>

Draxal

Why can't NoA release Cipher or other merch here.
Awakening sold a lot more here, darn it.

Cipher's its a pop density issue, card games are thriving in Japan while they really don't here. There's so many more of them there, because it's easier to find games etc.

Its like how streetpass was huge in Japan and nonexistent in the states.

Cipher's its a pop density issue, card games are thriving in Japan while they really don't here. There's so many more of them there, because it's easier to find games etc.

Looks like we need Cipher relay spots then...

Draxal

Or even just a cheaper way to import Cipher into the UK.

Still haven't bought a box of Series 3 because of the crazy prices. Or maybe I'm just poor.

Honestly, I'm thinking the reason they might release Cipher in English is because Japanese players will want to bling out their decks.

Will be released in Japan and the NWS in New York.

It feels like a missed opportunity to have Kozaki do character designs and not have Travis Touchdown as a guest character.

Good point, though seeing as how I was the only media guest to get three sketches, I didn't feel comfortable making requests. I thought, seeing as how I'm going to be interacting with his translator more than him, I thought he could pass the time by sketching. I know of two other press buddies who waited until after the interview for sketches, which is why they ended up with only one sketch each.

what's everyone planning to do for their flaw/asset boon/bane and secondary class for their Corrin?

since stats are more grounded now, been thinking it over for a while

been thinking +Luck/-Skill with Bowman as secondary for Nohr cause I'm crazy?

Rutger

Banned
I've been thinking +Speed/-HP, with Samurai as the second class.
I'll be playing Nohr first, but probably not on Lunatic, so if it's not optimal, whatever. It looks the Samurai class will cancel out the HP loss while Def and Res will equal out at 30%. Hopefully I'll be dodging everything, but if things look really bad I can always use a seraph robe whenever I get one.

Less overall HP and Def could make getting into Vantage range easier if I do get hit too, which could be fun?

I think our best chance for Cipher to come over here since physical card games aren't that notable here (unless you're Yugioh) is for Nintendo to make Cipher video game for the 3DS or NX for the international markets. That way people over here can play it if they want while Nintendo doesn't need to worry about an excess supply of physical cards in warehouses.

I guess this is as good a place as any to ask. Does anyone know how the amiibos work in Fates? Do I just need to have the 3ds read them once and they're unlocked forever or do I need to scan them every time I boot up the game? I don't want to have to carry around an Ike amiibos in my backpack. How does it work in Codename Steam?

Draxal

I guess this is as good a place as any to ask. Does anyone know how the amiibos work in Fates? Do I just need to have the 3ds read them once and they're unlocked forever or do I need to scan them every time I boot up the game? I don't want to have to carry around an Ike amiibos in my backpack. How does it work in Codename Steam?

You had to constantly put them in steam. The amiibo usage is stated here.

http://fireemblemfates.nintendo.com/gameplay/#/section-amiibo

Once unlocked they are permanent units.

Top Bottom