• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Busaiku

So how is the spoiler thread even gonna work.
90%.of players won't even have access to Revelation for several weeks, would spoilers still be fair game.

Annnd I'm here at the endgame. Tower Team has ended up with Forced Deployments, then Royals (including Giffca) then Jill, Haar, Marcia, Mia, and Shinon. Shinon and Marcia were the kind of iffy picks, but Marcia gave me someone to use Wishblade and since I'm already bringing Haar and Jill, Titania can't have the Brave Axe or Urvan, and Shinon was iffy because bowlock but my hope is that he'll be pretty useful against dragons.

Also, Jill isn't even max level and has capped every stat now lol.

So how is the spoiler thread even gonna work.
90%.of players won't even have access to Revelation for several weeks, would spoilers still be fair game.

Spoilers remain neutral up to page 6, then you have to make a decision and get redirected to other threads.

Gestahl

inb4 fe15 will have availability problems for half the cast

Why wait when Revelations is right there, complete with wacky wildly fluctuating max unit caps every other map because oops we're dumping a half dozen shitty level 10 characters on your armies ass, fuck you for trying to use the characters you want to

Xenoflare

Why wait when Revelations is right there, complete with wacky wildly fluctuating max unit caps every other map because oops we're dumping a half dozen shitty level 10 characters on your armies ass, fuck you for trying to use the characters you want to

At least you can engage in skirmishes, I think the whole point of it existing in Revelation is because the unit balance is completely out of the window

Draxal

Cipher Fes is over. Now for the recap next week.

Cag7rPlVAAAA_Db.jpg

Draxal

I think I prefer Sachiko Wada over Yusuke Kozaki as FE artists. Senri Kita too.

You disgrace your avatar and name! Iunno, Wada does the one thing I don't like about female characters, look how big Eirika's eyes are. I much prefer her male characters (Ephraim in this case).

Kita thought her Eirika was insanely cute on twitter though

To be fair Kozaki's Lucina eyes were way too big a couple pages as back well (but not as gigantic as this piece).

Chrom

Hey, if i buy a code for birthright on amazon and redeem it today, would i be able to preload?

Not sure... I think it's only possible to do that if you bought it directly off the eShop. I've never heard of it being possible to preload off a download code.

Rutger

Banned
I think I prefer Sachiko Wada over Yusuke Kozaki as FE artists. Senri Kita too.

Senri Kita worked on FE9/10 huh? Yeah, she's my favorite artist the series has had so far. I like Yusuke Kozaki's style though, so I don't mind him staying on the series right now.

Draxal

Kozaki is ok, just kick the current art director

As much as alot of the old fans don't like the bikini plate mail, I unfortunately think it's here to stay. I do find it funny that Kozaki's most popular female character is probably the most tasteful of female fire emblem leads (Lucina) along with Elincia.

Senri Kita worked on FE9/10 huh? Yeah, she's my favorite artist the series has had so far. I like Yusuke Kozaki's style though, so I don't mind him staying on the series right now.

Kita is 9/10
Wada is 8.
11/12 is really weird and I wish Aveyn was here to explain it.

Here's my attempt to summon him.

Golnei

As much as alot of the old fans don't like the bikini plate mail, I unfortunately think it's here to stay.

The knight and cavalier designs are probably the bigger issue there, as far as armour goes. The cavaliers in Fates seem to have improved from Awakening, but the knights look just as bad.

though given the typical cycle, we're getting a new artist anyway in the next game

There'll definitely be a switch to a new artist eventually, but I wouldn't be surprised if the recent games' popularity might make them hang on to him for a little longer to play things safe.

Draxal

The knight and cavalier designs are probably the bigger issue there, as far as armour goes. The cavaliers in Fates seem to have improved from Awakening, but the knights look just as bad.

There'll definitely be a switch to a new artist eventually, but I wouldn't be surprised if the recent games' popularity might make them hang on to him for a little longer to play things safe.

I think the cavalier and knight designs in Fates are great (with the caveat that Peri's and Elfie's battle panties are ridiculous). I hated Awakening's hero design, and really like Fates's version.

I'm kinda expecting the next game to be Emblem Wars, but I was so off on my last guess (Neo Tellius with Priam as mc).

Kita is 9/10
Wada is 8.
11/12 is really weird and I wish Aveyn was here to explain it.

Here's my attempt to summon him.

You called?

11 is Shirow Masamune. His art was top quality (really detailed and well coloured), but most fans hated his art style.

12 is Daisuke Izuka, who you probably know from Cipher. He also did some concept art for 11, which I imagine led to him being promoted to artist for 12.

Draxal

You called?

11 is Shirow Masamune. His art was top quality (really detailed and well coloured), but most fans hated his art style.

12 is Daisuke Izuka, who you probably know from Cipher. He also did some concept art for 11, which I imagine led to him being promoted to artist for 12.

Shirow Masamune is actually the biggest artist they got working on Fire Emblem, but I thought he didn't do alot of the work and most of it was Izuka so thanks for clarifying.

Rutger

Banned

Yeah, I was not really a fan of the official art for that game.
But I probably would have preferred it to the extremely bland in-game art.

yami4ct

Can't believe I'll have 3 Fire Emblem games in my hands in a couple weeks. It's kind of crazy, to be honest.

Still not sure what order I'm going to go. My gut says get the easiest/worst out of the way first and go with Birthright, but Nohr sounds way more interesting to me from a gameplay POV.

Probably going to go either difficulty order and go Birthright->Revelation->Conquest

Or I'll save the crossover/neutral for last and go Birthright->Conquest->Revelation

Chrom

I just remembered that the Cordelia scale figure is supposed to be releasing this April. It's been two years since that was first announced!

Rutger

Banned
Cool, thanks.
There are no FE6 fans /s

Now, this might come as a shock...

Would you guys want armor in a future Fire Emblem game? :p

Not really, the simplicity of equipment is one of the things I like about the series.
I doubt it would change much anyways, we're not going to be turning Sword Masters into tanks or anything. The classes will still be doing the jobs they always do and any small boosts we could gain from it can already be achieved with stat boosters.

Though a more fleshed out accessory system would be interesting.

tauroxd

Can't believe I'll have 3 Fire Emblem games in my hands in a couple weeks. It's kind of crazy, to be honest.

Still not sure what order I'm going to go. My gut says get the easiest/worst out of the way first and go with Birthright, but Nohr sounds way more interesting to me from a gameplay POV.

Probably going to go either difficulty order and go Birthright->Revelation->Conquest

Or I'll save the crossover/neutral for last and go Birthright->Conquest->Revelation

That's the way I'm going to play them. It makes too much sense to me, especially since it has been recommended to play Revelation after playing both sides.

Azuran

Banned

I'm planning on going Birthright first because it seems the majority of people here will start or only play Conquest. I want to be one of those special snowflakes.

I'm planning on going Birthright first because it seems the majority of people here will start or only play Conquest. I want to be one of those special snowflakes.

I highly doubt most people in the OT will be doing that.

(or even in this thread, considering a lot of us have the special edition)

Xenoflare

Hey we have normies here to didn't get a chance to reserve.

I'm getting conquest physical but also a $50 eshop card so I can get Birthright and eventually Revelation. I'm still debating which side should I go first, probably Conquest since it's the physical version that I got.

Funny how I've seen a tad bit more focus on Conquest on the advertisement here, while it's almost reversed in Japan. Maybe it's just me.

Azuran

Banned

I expect most people here to play all three games to death. I was mostly talking about the more casual players that will probably only play one game. I assume the OT will be full of them during the first week or two.

Xenoflare

I expect most people here to play all three games to death. I was mostly talking about the more casual players that will probably only play one game. I assume the OT will be full of them during the first week or two.

Brace yourself for the eventual "I thought this is like Pokemon versions"

Top Bottom