• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

NeonZ

I'm aware of Kitajami's involvement in the third path's narrative, however my point is that it's not clear how much of the game's story can be attributed to Kibayashi's initial draft, what Kitijami penned for the third scenario or the staff at Intelligent Systems.

The quotes about Kibayashi's draft reference specifically the three routes though. Nothing has been said about him writing supports, paralogues, My Castle dialogue or anything else.

Xenoflare

I need to mention the Hoshido/Nohr Noble thing. That kind of bothers me because isn't this like the grand promoted class for Corrin? Couldn't have had something with a bit more punch? Or is there something reserved for that?

It is the "grand promotion" for Corrin.

White Blood and Dark Blood might be 2edgy4treehouse.

Even Hoshidan Lord/Nohrian Lord is more specific than just "noble"

Edit: Wolfskin is another lame pun from TH isn't it.

Alright I was thinking about planning characters/pairings/classes and I was wondering, is Conquest Hard difficult enough I should look to do more optimization or can I still get away with dicking around with pairings/classes I like without worrying about it too much. If I plan a gimmick run based around symmetry and just ship people based on matching classes (like, having two Wyvern/Cavalier pairs) or something silly will that really bite me in the ass or should I be fine as long I'm still on Lunatic. I'd still use Xander and Camilla and probably not use shitty characters like Mozume.

Alright I was thinking about planning characters/pairings/classes and I was wondering, is Conquest Hard difficult enough I should look to do more optimization or can I still get away with dicking around with pairings/classes I like without worrying about it too much. If I plan a gimmick run based around symmetry and just ship people based on matching classes (like, having two Wyvern/Cavalier pairs) or something silly will that really bite me in the ass or should I be fine as long I'm still on Lunatic. I'd still use Xander and Camilla and probably not use shitty characters like Mozume.

You can probably get away with it yeah, even on Lunatic you don't actually have to go to a paralogue and use the extra experience.

Anyway too bad Herb Merchant class will probably get renamed, cause Midori the "Herb Merchant"
aka weed dealer
would've been hilarious.

I need to mention the Hoshido/Nohr Noble thing. That kind of bothers me because isn't this like the grand promoted class for Corrin? Couldn't have had something with a bit more punch? Or is there something reserved for that?

it's funny cause technically you're getting demoted going from a prince/ess to a noble

lol at the descriptions for some of the characters and the Sakura pic

btw make sure to use Fire Emblem Fates every time, I see you threw in a few ifs in the Birthright/Conquest descriptions

other minor things to maybe fix:

• Lunatic+ doesn't exist any more
  • Parallel Seal is now Heart Seal
  • Marriage Seal is now Partner Seal
  • Buddy Seal is now Friendship Seal

Shun

This was just literally a copy paste of one of my old drafts of the import OT with a quick Western Edit. It was before I even knew about some of the features.

I really really want to quote it, and no mention of Azura eh?.

Oh I knew I forgot something.

Shun

There fixed and added the singing girl and fixing localization changes.

Can you give me canadian prices? Euro and UK prices would be appreciated too.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
God dammit, just learned about buddies/marriage/whatever else seals.
Too many possibilities; need to find priorities.

Xenoflare

Can you give me canadian prices? Euro and UK prices would be appreciated too.

$49.99 each version, $24.99 for the DLC routes.

IIRC the Map Pack is $22.49, I'll have to double check.

Edit: Yep I got the map pack price right. For the $2.49US maps it's $3.19 in CDN, for the $1.99 US maps it's $2.49 CDN

$49.99 each version, $24.99 for the DLC routes.

IIRC the Map Pack is $22.49, I'll have to double check.

This is correct for the Canadian prices.

As for UK/Europe, forget about it, not only is it not even up in the first place but by the time the game comes out there it will already be OT2 if Awakening is any indication.

Can you give me Canadian prices? Euro and UK prices would be appreciated too.

In Canada the base game (Birthright or Conquest) costs $50 while the SE is $100. The map pack is $22.49 while the DLC routes are $25.

Not sure on the Euro and UK prices.

Renewed

The Canadian price for DLC Pack was already there.

Checked through amazon, might be placeholder price and the release date hasn't been announced in Europe yet so it could all change. Both copies go for £39.99/€39,99 each. Can't find mention of DLC paths yet. Basically this is all a shitshow for EU, damn. Hopefully they're just translating for different languages.

Also nice on the OT so far. I'm sure you'll change the content to reflect the current localization terms but I guess something I could mention is that you can also use a Nintendo 3DS amiibo Reader for amiibo.

Shun

Aqua isn't even my favorite character in Fire Emblem if tho. They don't even share the same voice.

Should I even keep Flora? She's basically in she's just really late game and most people aren't even going to recruit her unless they know how.

I haven't hit the character limit, I may make descriptions for the retainers and replace some pictures with bad art.

Seda

"This is not a place to say waifu or act as if this game is waifu game whatever that means."

As much as '<character> is my waifu' posts make my eyes roll out of my skull, we probably shouldn't place an all-out thread ban on "waifu", considering you actually do marry characters in the game (ie make them a virtual wife/husband). If someone wants to be a little silly and say 'I waifued Hinata and now we are an unstoppable pair!', that's fine. Of course if someone is being especially and persistently creepy about it, let me know. Perhaps you could tweak it to something like

Please don't flood the thread with fantasies about your waifu. It can be annoying to people who want to actually discuss the game.

Usually it's only one or two people who go on&on&on about these sorts of things anyway.

Also:

"This is not a place to whine about how much you think this game is bad and won’t sell."

This should also be tweaked slightly. We don't want official threads to be echo chambers from only those enjoying the game. We've noticed that historically in OTs, people who want to criticize a game are often shunned out of a conversation because others with more positive opinions don't know how to handle disagreement and can't hold a discussion seriously.

In short, people are allowed to say why they think a game is bad in an OT. It shouldn't be in the form of "the game sux i hope nintendo goes backrupt", but you don't want to imply that criticism is disallowed.

Shun

Thanks Seda, it was a copy and paste of the rules in the other 2 OTs I did.

I replaced the wording and I hope it suffice

Can you flip Sakura's pic? It's annoying me that it's not facing the same way as the rest.

That is exactly why. and I am too lazy to rephotoshop everything.

Draxal

Aqua isn't even my favorite character in Fire Emblem if tho. They don't even share the same voice.

Should I even keep Flora? She's basically in she's just really late game and most people aren't even going to recruit her unless they know how.

I haven't hit the character limit, I may make descriptions for the retainers and replace some pictures with bad art.

Are you implying that artwork of Sakura is bad?

Draxal

Should I replace it with the Danganronpa one? I mean I can find or make more of them with characters requested.

I don't want to make the entire OT a parody tho.

Nah, that Sakura one is perfect, and I think she's the perfect one to be a parody character.

i dont know who any of the characters are so i just picked one

The Eldest Daughter of Hoshido. She is your hot as hell sister who has a huge sibling complex and became a pegasus knight for your sake.
Her retainers are Setsuna and Azama.

Xenoflare

I have a question with the save slots, you can save any campaign under those 9 slots right? Instead of just 3 slots limited for each path

Shun

I have a question with the save slots, you can save any campaign under those 9 slots right? Instead of just 3 slots limited for each path

They're open game for any route. Having 9 is really useful. 3 save slots are tied to the cart/game file while the other 6 are SD save slots.

Seda

actually I have a practical question

[from the Opening post]: "Why should it not matter? The second and third routes take very little SD space and a majority of the space is from the retail cart or from the initial version you bought. It is not recommended to get 2 retail carts because they do not give you benefits. Deal with it."

I'm getting the special edition, but I bought a copy of both Birthright and Conquest for my younger brother. (I got him into the series, he still has my copies of PoR and RD :/ ) Should I not buy him separate physical copies? Is it more sensible to have one cart and the rest downloaded? Price is not a factor here at all.

yami4ct

Reading through the OT, slight grammar/spelling correction. I'm assuming 'bath' under Camilla's description should actually be bathe. You also have 2 periods after 'actually discuss the game' in your rule summery and you could use a space after the period for 'how it was revitalized' just to keep your sentence formatting consistent.

"Why should it not matter? The second and third routes take very little SD space and a majority of the space is from the retail cart or from the initial version you bought. It is not recommended to get 2 retail carts because they do not give you benefits. Deal with it."

I'm getting the special edition, but I bought a copy of both Birthright and Conquest for my younger brother. (I got him into the series, he still has my copies of PoR and RD :/ ) Should I not buy him separate physical copies? It's it more sensible to have one cart and the rest downloaded? Price is not a factor here at all.

Retail games cannot be linked together. To my understanding, there are certain (kind of game breaking) class changing items and some other things you get if you have multiple routes on the same cart. You also get 3 extra save slots for each route you download. Physical only has the advantage of being physical, which may or may not be huge depending on your opinions.

Draxal

"Why should it not matter? The second and third routes take very little SD space and a majority of the space is from the retail cart or from the initial version you bought. It is not recommended to get 2 retail carts because they do not give you benefits. Deal with it."

I'm getting the special edition, but I bought a copy of both Birthright and Conquest for my younger brother. (I got him into the series, he still has my copies of PoR and RD :/ ) Should I not buy him separate physical copies? It's it more sensible to have one cart and the rest downloaded? Price is not a factor here at all.

It really is there's bonus items that you can get if you own all three campaigns with one cart (via dlc or actually on the cart).

Azuran

Banned

It's just more convenient to go retail + digital. You would also have to buy Revelation twice if you want to access it from both cartridges.

Seda

Retail games cannot be linked together. To my understanding, there are certain (kind of game breaking) class changing items and some other things you get if you have multiple routes on the same cart. You also get 3 extra save slots for each route you download. Physical only has the advantage of being physical, which may or may not be huge depending on your opinions.

It really is there's bonus items that you can only get if you own all three campaigns with one cart (via dlc or actually on the cart).

Makes sense, will only gift him one cart then. Ta.

Shun

If collecting all the carts and versions is something he wants and likes to, then get him both.

Just when you own the game, it only takes one cart into account. I haven't tested whether or not they carry over between carts in the JP version since I own the Special Edition cart.

The western release is kind of different in that the digital version is locked to a certain path from the start rather than giving you the first 6 chapters and giving you a choice for either path. Owning all paths on a single cart also gives you access to the Dread Knight and Dark Flier seals to reclass as well as boots and other items.

It is cheaper and more convenient to own a single cart and download the rest. Owning all versions is really just for collection purposes and potential resale value as Fire Emblem games tend to be more valuable than most.

Shun

I am going to be editing out the OT soon, please let me know of any more edits to make before I finalize it and get it ready to post next week.

I may do the review/spoiler thread as well. Might throw in the rules for those two as well?

Swimsuits are part of the accessory shop and you can get one at Level 1, 2, and 3. Bath towel is available at Level 1.

You need different materials for each accessory.

Seda

SEDA AND FIRE EMBLEM COMMUNITY APPROVED.

READ THROUGH THE OT FIRST BEFORE POSTING. THESE RULES WILL BE SELF REGULATED AND ENFORCED BY THE MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY.

I wish I did not have to make a warning section, but I will for the sake of the OT. This is not a thread to whine or complain about why you aren't getting the game. This thread is not a place to complain about the support features of the game or censorship or how embarrassing it is. If you REALLY want to discuss it, there are at least 10 unnecessary threads all centered around complaining. Don't bring it in here, we will not tolerate it. Open criticism is fair game but this is not a place to whine about how much you think this game is trash and be a sales bomb, there are A LOT of problems with Fire Emblem Fates as a game, and all criticism should be as objective as possible. Please don't flood the thread with fantasies about your waifu. It can be annoying to people who want to actually discuss the game.. This is to avoid getting the thread off topic or locked and ruining discussion for the other members who want to enjoy and discuss the game.
This thread isn't a place to discuss how the series have failed or how it has revitalized.This thread is for on topic discussion of the game's contents and member's reactions and thoughts about the game on it's own and in comparison to the rest of the franchise. Stop diluting the OT with this argument and move it to the community thread.

This is a topic for all 3 versions of Fire Emblem Fates and discussion on the SRPG mechanics, story, supports conversations, etc. Please actually have the game to discuss, if you don't have the game yet and are considering, feel free to ask questions and be open about it.

Keep this thread on track, this is your first and only warning and we would like to keep discussion and impressions as objective as possible for those who are interested or looking forward to the game.
Other than that please be courteous. Do not resort to personal attacks on other members, keep discussion as objective as possible while having fun.

just gonna quote this for reasons

yami4ct

just gonna quote this for reasons

It's unfortunate that that kind of warning is necessary. Almost every game gets caught in some sort of dumb echo chamber 'controversy'. It just seems like Fates was caught in like 5 of them. I feel like I haven't really been able to talk about how much I'm excited about it because every pre-release thread has pretty much broke down into the same arguments.

Shun

You will next week when the game comes out in English.

This is the 3rd OT I did and the last 2 I made went relatively well with people abiding by the rules.

It might be different now that it is in English and not just Japanese but it should be okay so long as people self moderate and uphold it.

Top Bottom