• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Draxal

Darn, I thought these were new!

I suppose I'll get my chance another day...

All good, stripping this from an edit out of my earlier post.

Oh yeah, we're having a debate on which 6 characters should gets srs for RD and Sealed Sword on the Serenes Forest tcg subforum.

So far the Srs have been.

SD: Marth/Caeda/Navarl/Ogma/Tiki/Camus
Awakening: Chrom/Lucina/Tharja/Cordelia/Gaius/Owain
Hoshido: Male Corrin/Ryoma/Hinoka/Takumi/Sakura/Felicia/Female Corrin/Azura/Kaze
Nohr: Female Corrin/Xander/Camilla/Leo/Elise/Jakob/Male Corrin/Azura/Flora
Por: Ike/Elincia/Mist/Soren/Mia/Black Knight

My guesses for RD are Micaih/Sothe/Ike ... then so many other candidates for the other three far, but I'm guess one of Zelgius or Sephiran.
My guess for Binding Blade are Roy/Lilinia/Rutger/Narcian (his art is out there ... and all enemy characters have been Srs so far); and ... Fa and Dieck for the other two just because they match up with the SD super rares.

Any guesses what those 6 are going to be for each of those two games?

Mr. RPG

So you guys think that this Game is going to definitely put Fire Emblem as a important Nintendo Franchise in the west?
Awakening was the practice run, I think this is the test.

I think it already is. They announced Fates at the same time they announced it in Japan.

Renewed

I'd bite on the #FE deck but I didn't open the Shadow Dragon launch deck I got... the only cards I've gotten for purpose of commemoration.

So you guys think that this Game is going to definitely put Fire Emblem as a important Nintendo Franchise in the west?
Awakening was the practice run, I think this is the test.

If this is the test, I'd be interested in seeing how Birthright and Conquest are received and what that could mean. But between options for games and difficulty settings and seeing if the current gameplay changes could stick or not, I don't know how much will play out in the grand scheme. I think the difficulty options are nice to lower the barrier of entry for more people to try it and not give up as easily. If Pair Up will continue to stick around, I hope I enjoy it here (as I'm trying to keep myself fresh and look away from the gameplay/story). Relationship stuff will probably stick around but I hope it's not half baked
in relation to children (couldn't avoid that one) or I'll hope it's cut out or given legitimate reasoning and implementation. I guess I'd be asking for FE4 from what I hear of it, haven't played it yet.

I guess I should say I've only played 7 when I was young (and again last year through Wii U VC) and Awakening when I happened upon it during my university days.

Draxal

I'd place it in the B to B minus range myself, think the fanbase is rather small compared to other Nintendo fanbases, but much more diehard.

edit.

Itsuki's SR+ card.

Ca0yYGOVAAAUJNt.png

spiritfox

Would these be apt descriptions for characters without spoiling?

Should I even add in Odin or Luna in fear of people crying spoilers? I will anyway screw it.

Mikoto
Your hot as hell birthmother that you remember nothing about.

Garon
Your grumpy not-real-father whom locked you up under the staircase.

Hinoka
Became a pegasus knight because of her sister/brother complex.

Elise
Big brother/sister big brother/sister

Sakura
big brother/sister big brother/sister

I'll post examples of pictures later.

I think anyone that is on the website is fine. Anyone else might be spoilery.

Define "important", what's the current cutoff? Kirby? Animal Crossing? Zelda?
Important enough to get sequels and no worries for localization.

I mean it's hard to judge, but maybe reached the Zelda current statues. They don't sell a lot like they used too but still respectable.

Shun

Here are some OT assets. Feedback on what to adjust please.

Route Icons for Avatar.
C7IQGeE.png
M7jPpC6.png
Ks5ZQVD.png

Character Section
0Wts8y0.png
LPbiPcd.png
TDNBMOH.png
HyETyYh.png

Version Section
AKPqXTr.png

Size4gr.png

Wjtw9NL.png

Banner
gENgKRT.jpg

Yay!

Are these official? I haven't personally used LINE and I'm not sure what these particular images are meant to be called.

Edit: Seems so since the official FE Twitter posted them.

basically Toad will reply random things whenever you chatting with him (or her) and certain keyword will make Toad to reply with images (usually official stock arts), like previous stuff. those aren't stickers as you can straight away save the image instead of redirecting it to sticker shop when you click it.

Chrom

basically Toad will reply random things whenever you chatting with him (or her) and certain keyword will make Toad to reply with images (usually official stock arts), like previous stuff. those aren't stickers as you can straight away save the image instead of redirecting it to sticker shop when you click it.

Oh, that makes sense. So basically Toad has learned a Fire Emblem vocabulary. Funny how they only know about the other Roy though.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Starting to plan marriages; in Revelaitions, only a limited amount of new mothers from the other side are added?

Draxal

Starting to plan marriages; in Revelaitions, only a limited amount of new mothers from the other side are added?

All non corrinsexual exclusive characters are available, but they can't marry everybody from the other side, they only have two options each from the other side.

Chrom

I think I should mention that the Valla icon doesn't look as nice on the dark skin. Maybe you might want to retouch it.

Draxal

I think I should mention that the Valla icon doesn't look as nice on the dark skin. Maybe you might want to retouch it.

I don't think there's an official Valla asset released like the other two, and that's why he had to resort to use that one.

GameXplain put up some more footage for Fates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd49IeQ2yz0

S-Ranking Felicia, the cutscenes for Kana's paralogue, and some of the extra bonding features for "My Room".

The idea for what's literally Hyperbolic Time Chambers from DBZ for an explanation on how the children get involved is stupid as the time travel from Awakening.

I say the time travel was very poorly executed rather then stupid.

Also I don't watch DBZ so maybe it won't be stupid for me, then again I find the children characters to be pointless.

Rutger

Banned
Time travel is fine, there's just no reason to expect the FE team to give us a good story with it.

Because I'm into the series for the gameplay more than anything else, I prefer having things like this than how FE4 handled it, since it doesn't mess with my army.

Kinsei

Banned
GameXplain put up some more footage for Fates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd49IeQ2yz0

S-Ranking Felicia, the cutscenes for Kana's paralogue, and some of the extra bonding features for "My Room".

The idea for what's literally Hyperbolic Time Chambers from DBZ for an explanation on how the children get involved is stupid as the time travel from Awakening.

That's pretty funny. Both the wake up scene (in a good way) and the
explanation for the child.
(In a so bad it's good way)

k I'm taking that video as confirmation that Polygon doesn't know what they're talking about

now that we've established Polygon is the biggest loser and Kotaku was right...lol at the
explanation for the kids

PK Gaming

Re: Marriage & Children

Wait

Wait wait wait wait

So 9 months can straight up pass at a given time? The logistics behind that is... nope, no, not going to think too hard about it.

Draxal

I preferred the time travel, now Fates has the whole issue of them glossing over the pregnancy entirely, what were they doing for 9 months lol Who takes care of the kids in the deeprealms?

Wholly agreed, and they kinda joke about it by making the kids kinda special.

NeonZ

the reasoning is silly but i don't particularly mind it

i look forward to seeing what new methods IS will come with next

Unless there has been a really big rejection to the explanation given by Fates, I don't think we'll see much change in another entry (unless it's plot critical again, rather than only a side-feature). The whole system introduced in Fates seems to have been planned in a way that allowed them to add children without having any effect in the main story. So, it can basically be used for any scenario.

So 9 months can straight up pass at a given time? The logistics behind that is... nope, no, not going to think too hard about it.
It's not mentioned in that screen, but the Castle itself is in another dimension too, compared to the game's main story.

Renewed

I can already imagine that the game was all written but they didn't tell Kibayashi
about children
and had to write in some half-baked explanation.

Top Bottom