• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Speaking as someone who has not played Fates yet here's my ranking of the royals from first impressions.

Xander
Hinoka
Camilla
Elise
Ryoma
Leo
Sakura
Tamaki

I have a gut feeling that I'm really going to hate Leo, actually. I ranked him higher than Camilla because I already have reasons to not like her (unlike the rest of the Royals) but something about Leo makes me think I'm going to want to punch him in the face a lot.

Draxal

I have a gut feeling that I'm really going to hate Leo, actually. I ranked him higher than Camilla because I already have reasons to not like her (unlike the rest of the Royals) but something about Leo makes me think I'm going to want to punch him in the face a lot.

He's actually likable, Shun wasn't lying about Takumi being the guy you want to hit in the face.

Gestahl

^^^^His whole support with Odin revolves around how he used to give him idiotic weeb quests but grew out of it and started giving him real jobs like guard this shit so you're close

Leo is a cool guy with an unfortunate (or not depending on your preference) older sister complex

jnWake

Continuing my super late to the party Awakening run, I just beat Chapter 10. Lon'Qu is a badass although his afraid of girls gimmick is kinda lame. Kellam's gimmick is pretty funny though, especially on his support with Robin where Robin wonders about the extra cup on the dinning table.

Question about Chapter 9, is there any difference
if you choose to sacrifice or not Emmeryn? I chose not but she suicides anyway and I wonder what happens if you choose to sacrifice her

EDIT: Wrong chapter!

Xenoflare

Continuing my super late to the party Awakening run, I just beat Chapter 10. Lon'Qu is a badass although his afraid of girls gimmick is kinda lame. Kellam's gimmick is pretty funny though, especially on his support with Robin where Robin wonders about the extra cup on the dinning table.

Question about Chapter 10, is there any difference
if you choose to sacrifice or not Emmeryn? I chose not but she suicides anyway and I wonder what happens if you choose to sacrifice her

lol

The choices in Awakening never matter, not a single one of them

Shun

Fire Emblem If in Seisen style.

CbR53XrUUAAz2zG.png:orig

Weebos

Banned
Anybody know what time Fates unlocks? I assumed 12 am EST, but the preload timer looks like it might be slightly earlier?

Shun

Speaking of art, I follow a lot of artists like Pao, Yasuda, Ilya, etc.

I would love NA to do a Fire Emblem game or do more art. He can do some good stuff and he currently does work for Shingeki no Bahamut game.
This is his illustration for Gwendolyn from Odin Sphere.

CahkWXOUEAAaopU.jpg:orig

I enjoy Guchico as well

CWztiuLU8AMnUYG.jpg:orig

Chrom

Anybody know what time Fates unlocks? I assumed 12 am EST, but the preload timer looks like it might be slightly earlier?

Historically it's always been at that particular hour with eShop preloads as far as I know, doesn't really make sense to let anyone play the game before then. So it's either just an error/discrepancy to some degree or they are deliberately planning to let the game unlock early. I'd have a more concrete answer to provide if I had firsthand experience with preloads on the 3DS but I've yet to try it myself.

Xenoflare

sure, you get Revelation Odin, he gets Revelation Leo, 1v1

have fun!

I don't think Odin will deal any damage to Leo at all based on the stats

I mean, I get your point but damn

Edit: Can I get a list of bonuses if you buy the other two paths as DLCs?

Can I get the Dread Fighter Seal and Dark Flier Seal before Revelation comes out? And are those seals re-obtainable?

I don't think Odin will deal any damage to Leo at all based on the stats

I mean, I get your point but damn

Edit: Can I get a list of bonuses if you buy the other two paths as DLCs?

Can I get the Dread Fighter Seal and Dark Flier Seal before Revelation comes out? And are those seals re-obtainable?

2 routes: 2 Dread Scrolls (Dread Fighter), 1 Divine Dragon Herb or whatever it's called now (+1 all stats), 1 pair of Boots (+1 movement)

3 routes: 2 Ebon Wings (Dark Falcon), and another DDH/Boots

and you can get them for every new file you start

L95

It's from Thracia 776, the only game in the series where heal (or any other friendly) staves have a miss chance.

And those two (pre-premote swordmaster, and a dismounted Troubadour) are stuck in a locked room alone with a General, Berserker, and Swordmaster going after them lol

Eyvel's fine, she can't die
The hidden "Immortal" skill in FE5 really is neat.

(That reminds me, FE5's unused Gungnir weapon has the text description "Hacking is bad", gives me a giggle.)

Xenoflare

2 routes: 2 Dread Scrolls (Dread Fighter), 1 Divine Dragon Herb or whatever it's called now (+1 all stats), 1 pair of Boots (+1 movement)

3 routes: 2 Ebon Wings (Dark Falcon), and another DDH/Boots

and you can get them for every new file you start

Mhmm I think I'll use one Dread Scroll on Kaze, seems like the Dread Fighter is a ninja subtype anyways so he'll fit right in.

Weebos

Banned
Historically it's always been at that particular hour with eShop preloads as far as I know, doesn't really make sense to let anyone play the game before then. So it's either just an error/discrepancy to some degree or they are deliberately planning to let the game unlock early. I'd have a more concrete answer to provide if I had firsthand experience with preloads on the 3DS but I've yet to try it myself.

Yeah, I'll keep an eye on it, maybe they're rounding down, but if they are it isn't at a sensible time.

I guess I will find out for sure on Thursday.

pariah164

lol I just saw this, people love to overreact when it comes to voice acting
Oh yeah, big time. There was so much salt about Rise's new VA in P4DAN that my blood pressure spiked. They kept complaining about how 'bad' she was, even though they knew that her original VA was unavailable when they recorded for that game. It just makes me shake my head.

L95

When I think anime Wolfmen I definitely think old Euro hobos that people witch hunted as werewolves because they were sick of them selling shit on the street

...Actually, this doesn't really apply to Velouria, but Flannel (his localized name escapes me), the male wolfdude, loves collecting and buying junk/trinkets, so I kinda see a connection there?

I 100% could see him being a hobo that shows people his Junk.

Errr. Trinkets.

Draxal

...Actually, this doesn't really apply to Velouria, but Flannel (his localized name escapes me), the male wolfdude, loves collecting and buying junk/trinkets, so I kinda see a connection there?

I 100% could see him being a hobo that shows people his Jun-.... trinkets.

Keaton.

You could also use brackets strike to through a strike for that post like this

But I don't understand the point of wolffsegner, it justs sounds different to be different.

I 100% could see him being a hobo that shows people his Junk.

Errr. Trinkets.

i assume you'll have to marry him before he'll show you his junk

Top Bottom