• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Draxal

Soren looks SO GOOD I want to start playing this card game just for that art of him

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CARD-00000950&page=top

The sleeves are up for preorder.

Also, set 5 booster boxes will have a special bonus promo ( 1 Year Cipher Anniv) to go along with the Set 6 promo card and PoR/Binding Blade Sleeves

jUxQPjR.jpg

aHTap7x.jpg

The promo cards will be foil reprints of
P01-005PR%20Chrom.jpg
and
P01-013PR%20Marth.jpg

The Marth card was already a foil so I'm interested to see what happens.

PK Gaming

Happy Birthday Fire Emblem--and Path of Radiance!

If you're interested, a wrote a piece about Path of Radiance's development changes.

It was planned that the base could be explored like My Castle.
Leanne couldn't speak.
Stefan was a descendant of the Three Heroes.
Mist was a female magic-wielding Lord.

I love how PoR turned out, but some of those old concepts that got scrapped
like Mist being the female protagonist/taking over the Greil Mercenaries sounds absolutely incredible.

Lunar15

Yeah, the earlier concepts for PoR were wild. They make sense considering they had just come off of Sacred Stones, which had a slightly similar trajectory.

NeonZ

Yeah, the earlier concepts for PoR were wild. They make sense considering they had just come off of Sacred Stones, which had a slightly similar trajectory.

Path of Radiance was announced before Sacred Stones, although it was only released afterwards. Maybe they dropped some of the early elements, like dual protagonists in order to make each game stand out more from each other.

CazTGG

Real late to this but here's to Fire Emblem's 26th anniversary. Cheers!

Really wish the past week wasn't so busy for me or i'd have that Conquest review out today.

Happy Birthday Fire Emblem--and Path of Radiance!

If you're interested, a wrote a piece about Path of Radiance's development changes.

It was planned that the base could be explored like My Castle.
Leanne couldn't speak.
Stefan was a descendant of the Three Heroes.
Mist was a female magic-wielding Lord.

To an extent, I can see the remains of a lot of these ideas with stuff like
Mist specializing in magic and being an excellent user of the wind sword weapons in Path of Radiance in spite of her class mostly, you know, using a weapon that normally uses the wielder's strength or Leanne learning to speak beorc tongue/not being fluent in it, although the former only really happened in Radiant Dawn
. Still, i'm pretty satisfied with the game we got, easily the
second
best game we got over in the west and one of the overall best the franchise has to offer.

Chrom

Those two 3DS themes of the popular male and female Fates characters are releasing later today in North America.

CazTGG

On the subject of themes, I rather miss the classic Fire Emblem leitmotif that would play when you reached the title screen. Not that the tracks we get at the beginning of Fates, Gaiden and Path of Radiance are bad (nor is Awakening's very, very short rendition) but they don't convey that same epic, sweeping sensation that the various renditions of it convey. Moreover, it often set the tone for the overall score for each respective game and gave a good impression as to how the rest of the soundtrack would follow.

The only good anniv theme is the opera, but it's by far the best fire emblem theme.

The opera theme is amazing and it's a crime it's never leaving Japan, but I think the hero and heroine sprite themes are quite nifty. I don't have them (yet) though, but they look nice.

Also, I can finally sleep at night (again)... and I got a lot more than I bargained for.

Aww, I don't even know what to say ;___;

Draxal

Wow, that's incredible. Going to send you a PM.

but I think the hero and heroine sprite themes are quite nifty. I don't have them (yet) though, but they look nice.

Ugh, and I had three of those codes go to waste as well ....

Renewed

That's really sweet, congrats!

So I got my paycheck and went to get that Shadow Dragon cart. The cheaper one I had my eye on sold out, oh well. I'll see what else I can come up with

Draxal

That's really sweet, congrats!

So I got my paycheck and went to get that Shadow Dragon cart. The cheaper one I had my eye on sold out, oh well. I'll see what else I can come up with

Ah cool, how did your set 4 Cipher pulls go? I got 3 signed cards out of my boxes (including a Lucina!), but no SR Cordelias so I was kinda bitter about that.

Renewed

Been stuck on CQ Ch17 because of errant crits. These damn Swordmasters at the end, everytime

Ah cool, how did your set 4 Cipher pulls go? I got 3 signed cards out of my boxes (including a Lucina!), but no SR Cordelias so I was kinda bitter about that.

No Lucina or Cordelia for me. I pulled SR+ Itsuki and Marth and some R+ of the #FE gang (Kiria, Eleonora, Yashiro). I keep forgetting to borrow a camera to take pics.

The opera theme is amazing and it's a crime it's never leaving Japan, but I think the hero and heroine sprite themes are quite nifty. I don't have them (yet) though, but they look nice.

Also, I can finally sleep at night (again)... and I got a lot more than I bargained for.

Aww, I don't even know what to say ;___;

oh wow how nice of her (or him?) to do that for you

I find it both funny and sad how the one male x male pairing that makes sense as far as stat bonuses go (because why -aren't- you pairing the men and women when they'd grant the most stat bonuses to eachother?) would deny Nina's existence. >.>

Also, late to say this, but wow, that was really sweet of them to get you those Sakura cards, Aveyn.

PK Gaming

Nice haul Aveyn Knight. As someone who uses SF on a nearly daily basis now, i'm not even jealous in the slightest.

psyche :x

Chrom

http://imgur.com/9lrRsJT

Someone on Reddit recently discovered a genuine photo of Shouzou Kaga (the creator of Fire Emblem), found in a book about Fire Emblem Gaiden.

While the book was published way back in 1992, this is the only known photograph we have of him, so it's better than nothing.

Thought I'd share. I always found it interesting how he never really had a face to associate with.

Nice. Actually, I think I saw a photo of Kaga once and it was from an old guidebook. Probably the Gaiden one now that I think about.

Hmm, I might still have the scans somewhere...

L95

http://imgur.com/9lrRsJT

Someone on Reddit recently discovered a genuine photo of Shouzou Kaga (the creator of Fire Emblem), found in a book about Fire Emblem Gaiden.

While the book was published way back in 1992, this is the only known photograph we have of him, so it's better than nothing.

Thought I'd share. I always found it interesting how he never really had a face to associate with.

Of course he'd hide his face in Gaiden, no one looks at Gaiden stuff

Aters

On the subject of themes, I rather miss the classic Fire Emblem leitmotif that would play when you reached the title screen. Not that the tracks we get at the beginning of Fates, Gaiden and Path of Radiance are bad (nor is Awakening's very, very short rendition) but they don't convey that same epic, sweeping sensation that the various renditions of it convey. Moreover, it often set the tone for the overall score for each respective game and gave a good impression as to how the rest of the soundtrack would follow.

YES!
Don't know why they want to change it.

Golnei

I kind of prefer it when long-running series are conservative with their use of their main themes. I'd much rather it play only once in a game and be used effectively, rather than being present throughout - which can become kind of stale over 14 games if it remains constant. If id ~ purpose was the only time it surfaced in Awakening, for example, it'd have made the final map even more impactful.

Xbro

That is a valid point, however I do like what Caz said about it setting the tone for how the rest of the soundtrack is going to be.

Top Bottom