• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

This thread really is deader than Tearaway on Vita.

So what do you guys think the next Fire Emblem game will be like? (or if it will come out before SMTxFE lol)

Well, it's just as dead as the FE series itself. I don't get Nintendo's strategy here in letting the series just languish like this after a really successful game.

They could use the newly gained popularity to help bolster the launch lineup of whatever the next handheld is as an early title more geared towards Nintendo's core audience, more so in Japan I guess.
That said I'm kinda surprised that they don't appear to have something of a quickfire sequel in the works for 3DS.
In any case I don't see the series staying inactive for too long.

RiggyRob

This thread really is deader than Tearaway on Vita.

So what do you guys think the next Fire Emblem game will be like? (or if it will come out before SMTxFE lol)

I don't think it'll be coming out before SMT x FE since they're working on Project S.T.E.A.M. My guess is it'll be Awakening 2.0, but with a time skip instead of the portal so that they can still fit in the child characters.

They could use the newly gained popularity to help bolster the launch lineup of whatever the next handheld is as an early title more geared towards Nintendo's core audience, more so in Japan I guess.
That said I'm kinda surprised that they don't appear to have something of a quickfire sequel in the works for 3DS.
In any case I don't see the series staying inactive for too long.

I hope they do, if they wanted to they could release a combined port of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn for the New 3DS as a stopgap in the meantime.

spiritfox

It does seem like they were not prepared for the popularity of Awakening, so they didn't have any plans for further games until it got big and sold beyond expectations. With Project S.T.E.A.M on the way, I can't see a new FE till 2016, but they could rerelease an older one to fill the gap in the meantime.

NeonZ

It just seems odd that they couldn't even bother releasing a quick sequel reusing Awakening's engine and assets, like what happened during the GBA days.

StayDead

It just seems odd that they couldn't even bother releasing a quick sequel reusing Awakening's engine and assets, like what happened during the GBA days.

Well outside of Codename Steam we don't know what Intelli Systems are working on right now.

EDIT: Yes we do, Fire Emblem x Megami Tensei for Wii U.

StayDead

I thought Atlus was doing the heavy lifting on SMT x FE.

Intelli will most likely be doing atleast some work on it, so if we've got that and Codename Steam it's possible they are working on something else, but I would imagine the majority of the company will be making Steam and a main few of the Fire Emblem team will be working on Megaten x FE with Atlus so I think either they've got more staff than I think or that's all they're working on right now.

Lunar15

What is this Steam thing like anyway, any trailer for it?

inb4 someone says "everyone uses Steam these days"

They showed a full English trailer at E3, complete with English VA, but then they never released it to the public.

Some news sites had some offscreen gameplay footage, though. It's XCOM, but you have a Lion man on your team.

The main thing that excites me is that the main team working on it seems to be the core group behind PoR and RD. Plus, there's Yoshito Hirano doing the music!

EDIT: gameplay footage: http://youtu.be/5bfuFjCZVz8

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Do you guys know if there's an RPG Maker-type program dedicated to SRPGs? Or has anyone made a program to create a custom FE, like the ones created for Zelda and Mario?

Golnei

A lot of people have tried to fix Nowi, but this attempt in particular is pretty good. Hopefully we'll see some less childlike Manaketes in the next game...

tumblr_nbzjw3QGXI1rxpteho1_1280.png

RiggyRob

A lot of people have tried to fix Nowi, but this attempt in particular is pretty good. Hopefully we'll see some less childlike Manaketes in the next game...

Opinions obviously, but I think that Nowi looks awful. In general, I think the lolicon thing is blown up simply because Nowi shows a lot of bare skin - there's nothing wrong with Nah, Myrrh, Fae, Manakete-Morgan etc.

Bit of a strange discussion to have, but what's the canon lifespan of a Manakete? Tiki's 3000 years old, and Bantu and Morva look a lot older but we don't know their age.

NeonZ

Opinions obviously, but I think that Nowi looks awful. In general, I think the lolicon thing is blown up simply because Nowi shows a lot of bare skin - there's nothing wrong with Nah, Myrrh, Fae, Manakete-Morgan etc.

Nowi's outfit is just stupid, but I think young Tiki herself would get some complaints if she had been a main character here, rather than aging her into an adult.

Tiki_TCG1.jpg

And she's the original manakete character that all those other ones reference (aside from Manakete Morgan - who technically starts wearing Nowi's outfit anyway - she only doesn't get complaints because she has no in-game/official artwork for that).

FEGAF, i've been looking to start my path of radiance run soon but i'm really looking forward to the next fire emblem game. (which I believe is the SMT collab)

When is it coming out, and what do you expect in the new title?

Frankly if they're gonna do MU again (which is pretty much almost a given due to Robin's popularity), can I at least get some more diverse customization options? I want to look more like me, and i'm not white. lol Not trying to start anything here.

Also can they bring back all (if at least some cameos) of the Awakening cast? They were all awesome.

FEGAF, i've been looking to start my path of radiance run soon but i'm really looking forward to the next fire emblem game. (which I believe is the SMT collab)

Frankly if they're gonna do MU again (which is pretty much almost a given due to Robin's popularity), can I at least get some more diverse customization options? I want to look more like me, and i'm not white. lol Not trying to start anything here.

Also can they bring back all (if at least some cameos) of the Awakening cast? They were all awesome.

We pretty much know nothing about SMTxFE. How it works, when it comes out.
Trailer showed the main characters from pretty much all the games of both series.
I wouldn't think too much about it until concrete details start showing up.
But I am kind of surprised they haven't announced another main title after Awakening's success.

RiggyRob

Since they're working on Project Steam, I'd expect SMTxFE to be 2016. There's been no info apart from the teaser trailer though.

I'd expect there to be a time-travelling / portal aspect to it like Awakening had, as the trailer seemed to feature most of the main characters from the Fire Emblem series. They probably won't bring back everyone from Awakening, but Chrom/Lucina/Tiki/Anna are good bets. Robin and Morgan are a little iffy since they're customisable characters, but they might get in using their default white-haired design.

I love how there are occasional Fire Emblem-related threads that move fairly quickly, yet this remains as stagnant as ever.

Micaiah is still best lord

L95

I seem to remember there being a fairly comprehensive FE starter kit in the style of the GBA games which was compatible with RPG Maker XP. I'm not sure if this is the version I used a while ago, but it seems to be similar to what you're looking for.

FEXP has been abandoned for a while now by the creator, they moved on to a new system and the new engine is called FEXNA. It's much better than FEXP, the only issue is FEXNA doesn't have a public release planned any time soon. (Which... admittedly is a pretty big issue :u )

I mean you can still use FEXP of course, just a heads up that something much better is coming up in the future.

For those of you that haven't seen it, here is a small project one of the people developing it. (And of course there is also FE7x, which is what the engine was made for in the first place.)

EDIT: Just realized the topic on the Terraria forums was also made by Klok(who is the person making the small project I linked). I didn't realize he posted that there lol

Wow, so my buddy owns all the Awakening Drama CD series and let me borrow them to listen.

With the help of a translated script online, I finally finished the 4th CD just now and man...those were really awesome and explained a bunch of things that happened in between certain events of the main story. So great.

It really shows that, in my opinion, they could potentially make an anime that would work well.

I know they'll most likely never be done in english according to my friend's explanation, but still...I want more from the Awakening series. Anything else I can check out? Seriously can't wait for more from IS with SMTxFE and (hopefully) Awakening 2.

Lunar15

Awakening 2? More like Path of Radiance 3, son!

I'm just ready for a new FE that uses a lot of the advances from Awakening but actually tries with its story this time.

Levyne

Banned

I'm just ready for a new FE that uses a lot of the advances from Awakening but actually tries with its story this time.

post-29481-Ryan-from-The-Office-agrees-gi-1MNe.gif

But yeah, maybe some of the QoL changes from Awakening, tighten up the story and map (DLC is expected at this point but hopefully it's not so overabundant in the next entry), and it could be something really special. We won't know until we know, though!

L95

Yeah, not too big on Awakening's story, if a sequel managed to fix that, then okay. At the same time, Awakening was fairly conclusive that Grima is ded. (Not that I wouldn't mind Medeus or Loptyr showing up again...)

Or a remake of Gaiden. I love Gaiden.

NeonZ

But yeah, maybe some of the QoL changes from Awakening, tighten up the story and map (DLC is expected at this point but hopefully it's not so overabundant in the next entry), and it could be something really special. We won't know until we know, though!

i hope the next game has as much DLC as Awakening. Awakening's DLC was kind of thrown in and it felt like it, but, if they made the next game with DLC in mind, I think it could work better, and the DLC characters won't be as feature lacking compared to the main cast as the ones in Awakening.

If anything, I doubt they will take out the feature to summon previous characters from previous games into the world to fight with.
Or the World Map, for that matter.

yeah but then they wouldn't be apart of the story... which I personally would look forward to. especially with that twitching hand of owains. lol

Codeblue

I'd really love a return to a more global view of the story with emphasis on the politics and aftermath of war like the Radiant series. Nothing would make me happier than Intelligent Systems contracting Matsuno to write the scenario.

Golnei

Seeing as they'd be less concerned with making the game a final celebration of the series, there might be a chance that the next game would have a more engaging standalone story. Alternatively, Awakening might have taught them that they don't need to try.

yeah but then they wouldn't be apart of the story... which I personally would look forward to. especially with that twitching hand of owains. lol

I'd rather they just put some more characterisation into the DLC instead of limiting the main scenario by forcing it to adhere to Awakening's characters and setting. Einherjar units with support conversations, unique art and models would provide a similar amount of fanservice while still allowing the main game to do something different with its plot.

FE9/FE10 3DS port

plz Nintendo.

Hopefully we get this, at least. If there won't be a new FE title until S.T.E.A.M and SMTxFE are out, they might as well do a quick port to hold people over and further justify the N3DS.

Lunar15

I'd actually be fine with a continuation of awakening, seeing how direct sequels are pretty par for the course. I feel like the story somewhat prevents it, though.

Gambit

I'd actually be fine with a continuation of awakening, seeing how direct sequels are pretty par for the course. I feel like the story somewhat prevents it, though.

Maybe a continuation of the future storyline (no idea if the DLC provided a satisfactory conclusion) or continuing the story years later only with the children characters. (And by keeping your file, they'd keep the same parentage)

mdubs

Banned
I will gladly take anything Nintendo throws at me, except for a remake of 1/3. Ideally I'd probably want a new original story with potential for a sequel but I'd love for something either pre Rekka No Ken or post Fuuin No Tsurugi too.

Also what is going on here FEgaf, how is this thread not popping, look at the Persona thread we need to step our game up.

Top Bottom