• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

I'm not from Manchester but I know the guy who runs StreetPass Manchester. He's my best friend infact, first time I've ever seen it mentioned on GAF :eek:

Haha, that's a nice coincidence. I have thrown the name out once or twice, but mainly in the StreetPass experience thread.

Do I know you by any chance? I also go by the name of Vincent and I'm one of the more casual members of the Manchester admin team.

joelseph

I feel like I hit a insurmountable wall in Awakening. Playing Hard Classic stuck on Paralouge 10. Before this, hardly any forged weapon opponents. Now it seems this event or any challenge all opponents are running with souped up killing edges!

I feel like I hit a insurmountable wall in Awakening. Playing Hard Classic stuck on Paralouge 10. Before this, hardly any forged weapon opponents. Now it seems this event or any challenge all opponents are running with souped up killing edges!

The Paralogues have wonky difficulty.

I would suggest carrying on with the Chapters.

flohen95

I've been meaning to tell you that I like your avatar.

Thanks! I posted a bigger version of that picture back when I made my first post in this thread:

fe022xsnv.jpg

Fire Emblem basically kickstarted my passion for video game collecting, so naturally, my FE collection is especially dear to me.

StayDead

Haha, that's a nice coincidence. I have thrown the name out once or twice, but mainly in the StreetPass experience thread.

Do I know you by any chance? I also go by the name of Vincent and I'm one of the more casual members of the Manchester admin team.

I would doubt it, I'm from Essex. James/Dala has been my friend for about 8 years, we met funnily enough through a mutual online friend as we both played WoW. I've been speaking to him ever since. Funny coincidence, I've probably seen your name on the SPM facebook group since I got invited to that for some reason :p

NeonZ

The paralogues where you get the children characters aren't numbered by difficulty. If the enemies are significantly beyond what you're facing in the main story at the moment and you can't get through it, then just leave the chapter for later. It won't disappear.

Chrom

Just finishing the Fire Emblem Awakening panel for Puzzle Swap in StreetPass Mii Plaza is reminding me of how wonderful the battle cinematics were in the game and is making me really excited at the thought of how amazing a Wii U Fire Emblem would look.

Hope I didn't kill the thread with my passive stalking XD

Nah, I know it's fairly inactive compared to its peak.

Anyway, since Chrom expressed interest, here's all the unused data (everything we could find so far) in FE: Awakening in one place: Unused Content.

Some of it is stranger than you'd imagine.

Anyway, since Chrom expressed interest, here's all the unused data (everything we could find so far) in FE: Awakening in one place: Unused Content.

this thread has no peak, it's always inactive :p

Chrom

Hmm, would it be correct to assume this from the NTSC release? That name list would suggest to me that this data isn't extracted from the original Japanese version.

The mysterious world map intrigues me the most. Can't say I recognize it unfortunately.

I do wish this thread was a bit more active (will probably see more discussions as SMT x FE draws closer) but yeah. Been checking on SereneForest's hacking of Awakening occasionally. Interesting stuff. I'm hoping IS is secretly developing an Awakening 2 or just another 3DS FE game for 2015. Moreso hoping for an Awakening 2 with improved graphics, gameplay, and a better story.

I'm about to start my path of radiance run soon! For everyone who's completed the game, what am I going to possibly expect? Will the game be long? Challenging?

Edit - Gonna answer Chrom's questions:

Where are you from?
Los Angeles.

How did you get into Fire Emblem? What was the first game in the series you played?
Just started with Awakening thanks to GAF after I asked about it when Lucina/Robin were revealed for smash.

Who are some of your favorite characters in the series?
I pretty much liked everyone in Awakening but i'll have to give it to Cynthia as my all time favorite. I love her personality and hope to see her again in another title! I actually liked her enough to where I found a store in Little Tokyo selling Fire Emblem Keychains and picked up hers when I saw it. I'm not even into buying merch for any franchise like that so I thought it was the best way to show my love for the franchise. Even anime or games in general are things where I choose not to buy additional merch because it's just not for me. I'll purchase DVDs though - just not often. Only exception are the upcoming Amiibo but even then i'll probably own the FE characters and a couple other characters I like to display in my home studio. Back to characters-- I also liked Chrom a lot. Donnel comes in at 3rd.

Favorite class?
Hero. Dark Riders are dope too.

Favorite weapon?
Book of Naga.

Overall favorite Fire Emblem?
I've only played Awakening so far so that would be it.

What was the last Fire Emblem you recently played?
Just started Path of Radiance so I guess that.

In Smash Bros., which Fire Emblem characters do you like to play as?
Lucina since she's fast, then Robin with those spacing options.

Favorite lord?
Read into all the others on SerenesForest but Sigurd seems interesting.

Favorite character archetype?
Lucina's motivation for going back in time. She seems driven and focused in a messed up world. I think people who hate on her just see her as a princess who seems dull but looking over her supports I think she just has her mind focused on one thing and typically shuts out other things that she comes across.

What kind of FE4 holy blood would you have?
Have no idea about FE4 right now so I can't say.

Thoughts on Awakening's success and the potential for the series' future?
I think it's great. Despite the hate that many older fans feel about Awakening, I think IS did a great job introducing new fans to the series while also offering hours of content. It was a fun ride for a first timer like me who doesn't have much time to play video games anymore so I would only hope this sparks more games and content in a similar universe. I know there is a definite majority of newcomers who want more so we'll just see what IS does to handle this besides the SMT collab. Real glad Awakening saved the franchise though when I read about that.

Rank the Fire Emblem games.
Only played Awakening so far so I can't say yet.

Classic or Casual/Newcomer?
Casual / Newcomer but i'll be purchasing past/future titles. Funny thing, I knew about Fire Emblem through smash and had a couple friends recommend the series to me but I just didn't care to look into it until the Lucina/Robin reveal. So after all these years, i'm glad I finally got to start off with Awakening because it showed me how great the franchise is. Can't wait to see what happens next as I play the past titles when I have time.

I do wish this thread was a bit more active (will probably see more discussions as SMT x FE draws closer) but yeah. Been checking on SereneForest's hacking of Awakening occasionally. Interesting stuff. I'm hoping IS is secretly developing an Awakening 2 or just another 3DS FE game for 2015. Moreso hoping for an Awakening 2 with improved graphics, gameplay, and a better story.

I'm about to start my path of radiance run soon! For everyone who's completed the game, what am I going to possibly expect? Will the game be long? Challenging?

hahaha *collapses from laughter*

mid83

I'm about to jump into Fire Emblem for the first time. I've had Awakening in my backlog for a long time. After letting my 3ds collect dust for a while, I've decided to jump in.

Any tips for a person new to Fire Emblem and SRPG (I beat Jeanne D Arc on PSP years ago....only SRPG game I've really ever played)?

I'm about to jump into Fire Emblem for the first time. I've had Awakening in my backlog for a long time. After letting my 3ds collect dust for a while, I've decided to jump in.

Any tips for a person new to Fire Emblem and SRPG (I beat Jeanne D Arc on PSP years ago....only SRPG game I've really ever played)?

Awakening is probably one of the most beginner friendly games you'll get into. Play casual mode if you want.

Don't let Frederick kill everything and have your other weaker units go for the kill to gain experience. DLC is available in the game for extra experience and play with the classes if need be. Other veteran FE GAF members can share their experiences too.

Lunar15

Basically what the guy above me said: The only thing to watch out for is over-using Fredrick early on. Other than that, Awakening is an incredibly flexible game and great for newcomers. Ample time and opportunities to level up characters, a lot of options for re-classing characters, etc.

A lot of the challenge in awakening comes from reinforcements midway through maps. This just means additional enemies can appear from the sides. Just make sure your units are always "protected" in case of something unexpected. Pair up, surround, or move your weaker units to ensure they stay safe.

I'll take that as a "it'll be easy as fuck" lol

My friend told me Ike pretty much kills everything so we'll see

PoR is really easy. Yes, at a certain point, Ike can kill an entire map. Hell, some people do Ike-only runs of the entire game. Move on up to RD when you're done for the real crazy shit.

Radiant Dawn can be hard...if you don't know how to cheese the Dawn Brigade sections

also Path of Radiance is even easier if you do a Marcia solo once you get her :p

StayDead

So with the Nintendo Direct today what's the % chance of us seeing anything new about FE x Megaten? I'm hoping for 90%, probably more like 0.9% :p

Chrom

So with the Nintendo Direct today what's the % chance of us seeing anything new about FE x Megaten? I'm hoping for 90%, probably more like 0.9% :p

I really think it's going to happen. The game has gone nearly two years without any new details.

Lunar15

I really think it's going to happen. The game has gone nearly two years without any new details.

Honestly, it sounds more like troubles at Atlus have held this game back than any problems at Nintendo. Nearly every game Atlus is making got pushed back at some point. Not sure who's handling the heavy load on this game, but I think Atlus' troubles kept them from talking about it for a while.

I doubt we'll see it today, but at the same time I do believe it will happen.

Golnei

I didn't really expect to see it show up, anyway. At least STEAM looks much better in motion than those initial screenshots - the style they were trying to pull off doesn't work at all in static images.

Chrom

So I just found out that that JP and EU have had FE7 on Wii U since last summer. What in the hell NoA.

Yep. I was hoping the stealth announcement of FE7 arriving on Wii U VC in Europe in tandem with that one Smash Bros. sale was going to be repeated here in North America, but that didn't happen unfortunately. The Japanese Wii U VC actually already has FE1-8, except for 6 for whatever reason.

Loptous

Yuko Tsujiyoko only used the songs she composed herself which seems fair enough.

I also like the FE4 theme best in this one.

Levyne

Banned
I'm just glad The Devoted plays in the Coliseum. That might be my favorite FE track. Such an energetic and regal song. And that snare.

Lunar15

Looks like the other non unlockable RD song is Time of Action. Good choice, I had it on my list as well.

Hoping to see a few more RD and Awakening tracks as unlockables.

Actually, what I'm really hoping for is unlockable Advance Wars music to play on FE stages. I mean, where else would it go?

Looks like the other non unlockable RD song is Time of Action. Good choice, I had it on my list as well.

Hoping to see a few more RD and Awakening tracks as unlockables.

Actually, what I'm really hoping for is unlockable Advance Wars music to play on FE stages. I mean, where else would it go?

it could just not be there at all

/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\

grab that Lucina figma and then somehow put in the chip from the inevitably low quality Lucina amiibo in there ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

Top Bottom