• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

watched a 'pxz2 attack compilation' video earlier... and saw this
TestyPoorAlbatross.gif

:O

yea... her changing into Bride was seen when she's revealed during TGS, but totally didn't expect there's a special move involving this.... plus that "henshin" sequence lol

Ah, I see. I was away when Chrom and her got announced.

In other news, my
Sakura rubber strap
just shipped : D

Honestly, I really hate X's character designs, the freaky eyes just don't work.

Asama's daughter Mitama.

CVCkb3yUsAEgKf1.png:large

eh I just opt to pretend Lin doesn't exist, the rest of the cast doesn't really have weird eyes

and if I passed on a game for disliking the character designs I'd skip Fates *ba-dum-tish*

I'm surprised you waited so long to play a butchered version of the game instead of the true, uncensored version.

you tried/10

Golnei

Honestly, I really hate X's character designs, the freaky eyes just don't work.

The eyes aren't terrible on every character - Lao and Douglas' aren't that bad, for example - but I agree that on the whole the character models are pretty bad - even the better characters fall squarely into the uncanny valley. The armour designs don't look that great from what I've seen either; but even the first game (and Xenosaga for the most part) didn't have the best record there, either.

7th #FE mirage ended up being Navarre

I quite like the design, actually - it wouldn't look out of place in a PS1 Persona game.

you tried/10

I should have never expected you to have any passion for the preservation of freedom of expression.

Draxal

Don't think anyone showed this one:

Looks like Senri Kita. Iike this Lord Ike better than the other one, although his mouth is a bit odd.

I think I posted it a long time ago but glad to see it again. And yeah I think it's Kita as Kozaki did all the Starter only lords for the first two sets.

Thinking Soren will get the last SR spot for POR.

Lunar15

Some of the original ideas for PoR are kinda funny from what I've read. Sounded way more "traditional FE". Ike's family were knights in Begnion, but were accaused of treason and they raided his Castle. His father gets killed and his mother goes missing, and Titania takes the children and Greil's desciples and forms a mercenary band.

Also, apparently Mist was going to take over the mercenaries at some point while Ike gets injured... or at least that's what this translation says.

Draxal

I don't think Cipher will be a phone game, but the art used for cipher will be reused for a phone game.

Funny thing about the Flora card is that's the same artist who did Micaiahs dlc in Awakening.

Golnei

Frederick with a helmet looks so wrong. It's like he's been decapitated and all that's left is a tiny chrome stump.

NeonZ

different dimension classes onii-sama

actually a nifty idea, having characters be in their alternate classes

They've had alternate concept cards since the first set with Pegasus Knight Minerva (commanding the Pegasus Sisters) and Hero (evil looking) Wrys, although the number of them was surprisingly small.

Draxal

They've had alternate concept cards since the first set with Pegasus Knight Minerva (commanding the Pegasus Sisters) and Hero (evil looking) Wrys, although the number of them was surprisingly small.

Well, techinically Wrys was a promo, and in set 2 you had unpromoted versions of Ryoma/Leo/Camilla/ and Xander which is what Minerva is in Shadow Dragon.

Golnei

???

Where did this happen? In Cipher? (Please no, I was looking forward to some nice artwork of him.)

Just concept art from the making-of book, I think. The helmet is just the normal Great Knight frog-mouth helmet, but it looks hilariously out of place on his armour.

Just concept art from the making-of book, I think. The helmet is just the normal Great Knight frog-mouth helmet, but it looks hilariously out of place on his armour.
Well thank goodness they didn't stay with that concept.

How could they not have Frederick as guest DLC in Fates now that there's a butler class...

NeonZ

Well, techinically Wrys was a promo, and in set 2 you had unpromoted versions of Ryoma/Leo/Camilla/ and Xander which is what Minerva is in Shadow Dragon.

The PK Minerva card had her quote commanding the Pegasus Sisters though, so I guess that's where the whole concept came in.

Well thank goodness they didn't stay with that concept.

How could they not have Frederick as guest DLC in Fates now that there's a butler class...

Because they've surprisingly sidelined the whole DLC character concept this time? There's only the Amiibo and Cipher launch tie ins, and then Anna who was in the game from the start, just locked. They have 3 functional Awakening units in the Awakening chapter, and yet didn't make them recruitable.

Because they've surprisingly sidelined the whole DLC character concept this time? There's only the Amiibo and Cipher launch tie ins, and then Anna who was in the game from the start, just locked. They have 3 functional Awakening units in the Awakening chapter, and yet didn't make them recruitable.
But he's a butler. Let him buttle.

Top Bottom